Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #2

Hi!

I had my fitness class which was great - worked up a sweat anyway. There were a couple of students in there that would hold your baby if they cried - Louis slept through the whole thing which was good. I thought I'd be really sore today but I'm not. It was just basically like an aero type class and then they focused on working our core muscles and pelvic floors.

They also had a physio come and talk to us about baby massage & Plagio (flat head) which Louis has a bit of. So were doing all these exercises and making sure he's on the other side so hopefully we can reverse it quickly. I've made an appointment in a couple of weeks anyway just so she can check that we're making progress. I feel so guilty that I've let him get a flat head.....

I love it in the mornings now or after a sleep and he wakes up so happy to see me - he has so many laughs! He's also started to talk to the t.v which is funny.

We've getting him used to more tummy time and if we put a rolled up nappy under his arms he lifts his head right up! Only for a bit though - he needs to build up his strength.

Had a crappy nights sleep with him though - I think he had a bit of an upset belly - he wasn't screaming or anything but just unsettled and waking up lots.

Tracey - I asked for my veggie pizza without onion- hehe. But really I'm not sure exactly what foods are upsetting bubba. I'm sure some are because sometimes he gets a belly ache but I haven't been able to narrow it down. It only happens occasionally...

Kerrie - I hope you're feeling o.k. I don't blame you for being grumpy - I would be too!

Donella - Does the mini pill affect the milk??? I didn't know that.

Kazzy - That's so bad about the kid - but more about the mum who lets him get away with it. I would have to say something! Exactly what though I'm not so sure...

Nikki - Glad it's all working for you with the formula! I must say I've been tempted with formula myself if it means he'll sleep longer but I'll give him a bit longer to do it himself. Wow on the weight gain - thats great. Louis and Chantelle were basically born the same size so it's interesting to see how well they're both doing. We get Louis weighed on Friday (last weigh in was 6w5d and he was nearly 4.8kg!)

Have a great day - It's a beautiful blue sky in Melbourne - going to head out for a walk and maybe even a sunbake on the hammock today! Woo hooo!

Hi Everyone!

Kristie - yay on sunbaking today! I have been swimming lots and trying to get more of a tan, and with the heat lately it hasnt been too hard!

Kazzy - is there someone in charge of your mother's group you could talk to? Because if they knew you were ready to leave because of this child, surely they would want to sort it out. Maybe they could talk to the mother without mentioning that it was you that asked her to?

Donella - glad that Dylan is settling better for you.

We have had Emma sleeping downstairs the last couple of nights because upstairs is just too hot. She now pretty much just has one feed during the night, and goes straight back to sleep. I hope it stays that way, I'm really feeling human again and getting about 8-9 hours sleep with only one feed of about 15 minutes. It's not quite so hot here today - it was high 30's for the last 2 days, so a nice break from it!!

Linda - that's amazing about Emma's sleep pattern! I'm very jealous. Dylan tries to go into his long sleep at about 6pm, so even if I dream feed him at 11 or 12, he still wakes again at around 3 and then again at 5.30 which he reckons is daytime and doesn't want to settle then. Today he went back to sleep till 8am though which was great, and we're taking him out for dinner tinght, so maybe we can shift his 12 hours of night to start around 9pm instead of 6...

Donella - that is exactly how Emma was until a week or 2 ago. She would wake at 5.30 no matter what. So maybe Dylan will change his pattern soon too!

Kristie - have a nice time sunbaking. I cant wait for summer to really kick in I love the hotter weather.

Krisvee - your exercise class sounds good. I wish the hospital offered post pregnancy exercise class as I would certainly be in for that. The hospital I went to only offered pregnancy exercise classes which were brilliant. Good to see that Louis slept the entire class also, what a bonus.

Nikki - I am glad to see that Chantelle is doing well and that the thickner is working magic. It is nice when bubs is content.

Jordan has been a little unsettled today. I think the excess chocoloate I ate (an entire block) caused Jordan to be a little constipated and his poos are really thick (sorry if TMI). he is asleep now but took a while as he took ages to get wind out and pass the poo. I am learning everyday what foods agree and disagree with him.

hugs to bubs... enjoy the rest of the day

I've just got back from the doctor and I asked her about onions,etc effecting babies and she said nothing passes through in such a way that it could unsettle a baby. Sje reckons it's just coincidence. Alcohol does pass through in very small amounts as it is absorbed into your blood stream, but no food does this.

She wants Dylan to see a paed as she thinks he may have somehting wrong with his bowels. He starins for AGES trying to push out poos and his face goes purple, but he's not constipated as the poos are always soft when they do eventuate. Apparently there's a syndrome where there is a narrowing of the bowel at a certain point which makes it hard to push through. If it is that, the treatment sounds horrible - a barium enema or surgery. We have an appt for next Thursday so I guess we'll see what happens.

Donella - I hope it's nothing too bad, and that it's easy curable and Dylan doesn't end up having a barium enema or surgery. [-o< Poor little guy, get well soon!

Kristie - Don't get too crispy!

Melissa

Kazzy Guest

Donella - Eden strains to do poos too, I was told that in breastfed babies this can happen because the stools are so soft that there isn't enough pressure to push them out. I hope that Dylan will be OK. Keep us posted. I also question your doctor on the food passing thru breast milk thing. SOme babies are not affected, but some things do definitley get a reaction out of babies. I experienced it with DS and also with Eden.

Nikki - do you think Chantelle's poor weight gain has been from throwing up from the reflux or just not wanting to feed as much due to pain. Hope that she (and you) get some relief very soon.

Linda - noone is in charge of the mums group - it is actually my 'firstparents group'. we still get together. I have decided not to say anything and wait to see what happens next time we catch up. I have told Brandan to push this child away and scream 'NO' at him. I will also tell the child off myself rather than wait for his mother to. If this does not work, then I will just bite the bullet and say something then and there.

Krisvee - as for the flat head - it is not your fault. My son had a really bad flat head - there was talk about a helmut to reshape his head at one stage. He always slept on the one side and no matter what I did, he wouldn't turn it - too hard as it was already flat. His head is perfect now - it seemed to get better the more head control he got.

Deancey - hope that Jordan is more settled for you now. LOL at the 'excess' chocolate comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I keep a list of the things that I think Eden reacts to and try them again at a later stage to see if it happens again. I think that basically it is OK to have most things in moderation. ROTFL - a whole block!!!!!!!

Kerrie - what age was Kat diagnosed with Reflux? I hope that Jess doesn't get it. How are you travelling????? Hope that you are getting some more help or atleast a rest.

I am off to do some shopping tomorrow - last minute chrissie pressies. Took Eden to my work today for the forst time - she was an Angel which is good. Brandan broke out in a rash on his face yesterday - he reacts slightly to citrus and he ate a tiny blueberry muffin and his whole face broke out in a bumpy rash. I didn't realise blueberries had so much vitamin c in them!!!!!!

Off to bed early tonight as both the kids are settled and in bed.

Sending big cuddles to all the bubbas.

Kazzy
    xx

sorry to hear about dylan,maybe that explains why he has been unsettled?please keep us informed of how you go next week,if it is confirmed that he does infact have this problem try to look at the positive side,that you found out nice and early and that he can be treated and be pain free and comfortable.it is hard when you recieve news like this cos the last thing you want is for your baby to go through such an ordeal,my first had to go in for an op when he turned one as his umbilical cord cut was not effective and he was always leaking from his belly button,but once the procedure was done there was such great releif for him and myself.
    good luck i am thinking of you both.
    i went to a breastfeeding mothers group tonight,it is for mums who are or even are not breast feeding,it is basically an invitation for mums with 1 or more children to join,mothers groups are usually only open to first time mums and i didnt qualify.i never joined any groups with my first 2 so wanted to be a part of something this time.im not too sure what i thought.there were 12 people there at one of the other mums house,they were rather friendly but im not sure if they were really my cup of tea.i thought that maybe they wrere a little bit prudish and boring for me,i dont know as i am a young 32 year old that still like to have fun.maybe it is not right that i pass judgment so soon as i dont really know them but i felt uncomfortable cos i took a bottle of coke and bikkies to put on the table and no one had any coke and only drank tea,i felt like i was doing something wrong by asking for coffee.gosh,they would probably fall over if they new i like to have the occasional cigarette.maybe i will wait till next year and join the play group as chantelle will at least be a bit older,will see.
    chantelles poor weight gain was because of both of those reasons,she was feeding less cos she new it was going to hurt her and because she was loosing so much when she threw up after the feed.it wasnt that low,340 grams but she was putting on 500-600 grams in previos weeks.
    well off to bed now
    cuddles for all the babies
    nikki

Hi!

Well, Louis has gone back to waking after a few hours through the night, but I managed to resettle him (after 45min) and stretched him out to just over 5 hours. Is anyone else stretching out their babies feeds?
    I'm going to start trying a bit of a routine and see how we go. I know you have to be flexible with it but I'm going to try. We've got the bath/feed/bedtime thing happening it's just the rest of the day that ends up a bit chaotic. Also, I think sometimes he's cranky from wind etc and I put him on the boob which doesn't actually help the problem - just makes it worse.

I didn't end up making out for a sunbake - I'll try again today...

I ended up going around to my brothers yesterday because he's just bought a treadmill so I jumped on for 30min. I managed a small jog - wow that got the heart pumping!

Anyway - weighed myself this morning and I'm down to my pre-p/g weight! Woohoo. Now I'd like to lose a few more kilos just for myself.

Linda - I hope Emmas sleep continues - I'm jealous!

Donella - It's so hard when you just want them to sleep! hehe. Louis is acually going to bed at around 7-7.30 but he woke at 10.50 for a feed and then 2 - but I stretched him out to just after 4am and then he was up at 7am. Grrr - A good stretch of 5 hours uninterrupted would be nice!

I think it's funny what the dr said about b/f and food. If someone has strong food like curry or garlic you can smell it coming out of there skin - so I assume it would be in b/m too...

I'm sorry to hear about Dylan - Just think how much happier he'll be if you can get the problem fixed. I know it's really hard to deal with now though.

Tracey - mmmhhh chocolate! I have been given heaps of choccy from the students so I let myself have 1 or 2 lindt choccies everyday! We need it for our sanity! Louis was unsettled yesterday and did heaps of farts all morning! hehe.

Kazzy - Luckily Louis is starting to use his other side a lot more now so the problem should start to get better soon! I'm glad to hear your boy was ok after having it. I think sometimes you just over worry!

Last minute shopping?? I haven't even started yet! I better get a move on though as christmas is fast approaching...

Nikki - I know what you mean with the mums group. You do find that you'll either click with people or you won't. I know in our group there are a few of us that seem to get along well and a couple who keep more to themselves ( I think they are the slightly older ones) I would have been with you on the coke because I don't drink tea or coffee! (everyone laughs at me because I still love drinking cold milo - hehe)

Have a great day with your bubbas!

Kat was diagnosed at around 6wks.....she's now 13months and still chucks. DH and I have decided to give her another month before booking in with Paed.

Well things with me came to a head with DH on tuesday night. He came home with all the stuff to set up the bedrooms and get Jess out of loungeroom. Things just seemed to go downhill fast from there. He started pulling the queenbed out of what is now Kat's room and I helped a little (Kat and Jess were both awake). He then complained because I wasn't helping much. He saw I had bought Kat Ribena while he was away and went beserk saying it's expensive and what's the difference and tipping out the apple and blackcurrent he bought her a few wks ago. I don't know why, but Kat will only have ribena in her cereal. Anything else she spits out. So I gave in and bought some. He seemed to get ****tier and ****tier all night and I started packing the kids nappy bag ready to leave him in the morning (by the time I was fed up, kat was in bed and I was giving jess her bedtime bottle). I was dead set ready to leave him. I feel like all we do is add to his stress because he takes it out on us...
    Well, once jess was asleep, we talked it thru. He actually bawled at the thought of losing us and explained that his work is stressing him soooo much and the trips O/S being last minute all the time add to it, then he's been sick constantly for the past 2-3 months which hasn't helped. He's tired and not well and it's just been getting too much for him. He was sooo sorry for taking it out on us.... I of course forgave him and we talked about stratergies. He agreed that going for a walk on his way home from work will help, we're giving his job 6mths to settle down again. If it doesn't he will put an altimatum to his USA boss (yes the company is stupidly arranged and he has two bosses in two countries who both demand his time etc) that he go fully over to the US work and no longer work on the Aust part or he quits. We both agreed it's not worth the stress and illness the stress causes, nor is it worth our marriage. It will mean a LARGE pay cut, but we will work it out if he has to leave. I'd rather be broke than have my hubby die of a heart attack or something.

He bought me flowers and a bag of fruit (fruit basket idea) to say sorry. I'm just glad things have been sorted out. I love my hubby and I don't want his work to ruin everything....
    Jess has been unsettled (because of the heat. Got her in back room with air cond on and she's sleeping well atm). Her bedroom was soooo hot last night and there wasn't much I could do about it..... We have to sort something out about that. But it's hard when ur renting. We'd pay for an Air conditioner to be installed....but we have to get permission etc... Kat's room is in the back of the house near the only air cond unit this house has and so her room was cool....she slept well.

Well, better run......Kat's playing in loungeroom.... All is quiet, too quiet....

Kerrie - I'm so glad you have gotten things out in the open with DH. sometimes the big blow up is the best thing that can happen IYKWIM.

Kristie - do you think it could be the heat upsetting him?

Nikki - I would try another group if i were you. why cant you go to a new mums group? we had a couple in our antenatal class who had kids that were older & it was great having them there. im sure noone would mind at all!!

Donella - I really hope it is nothing with Dylan's bowels. I hope it just sorts itself out.

Emma is still sleeping great - but she hasnt done a poo in 5 days!! I know they say that can be fine in BF bubs, but id feel a lot better if she did one!!! it doesnt seem to be bothering her though. its still super hot here ATM - high 30s again. ive got my cossie on now waiting for little miss to go to sleep so i can jump in the pool!!

Linda, pool sounds great......will probably have to put Kat in a cool bath if Temp keeps rising...

kerrie how about a water cooler there are so many to choose from at the moment and they come in different sizes it is the same as an air con but it is portable.that way you dont need permission and you can move it around the house
    nikki

nikki - you just saved me!!!! We have air con downstairs, but upstairs is just unbearable ATM. I have been racking my brain to find an idea without it costing the earth - i didnt think of that - Thank you so much!!!! Thats what we'll be getting now!!

Well, Dylan's last 3 poos have come out fairly easily so I think it was just a bad patch he was going through - maybe something I ate!!! I think my doc might like to jump to conclusions... I'll keep watching him though and if he seems fine will cancel the pead appt.

It's lovely weather here today- low 20s and sunny. I like the hot weather when I can go to the beach, but not when I'm stuck at home. We do have air con but it's not a very powerful one.

Kerrie - well done on having your big talk. I hope everything is going to be easier for you now.

Nikki - I'm sure you could go to the new mums group if you explained the situation. That other group sounds really stuffy - I would have been drinking the coke with you! (I'm aslo a "young" 32 - dh and I think of ourselves as kids still as we love pizza and soft drink rather than tea...)

Dylan's hungry - will write more later...

nikki, we have one for our bedroom, but they r expensive to buy and run.....my older sis offered us one she no longer uses also, but dh says it's too expensive to run........

Hi!

Louis has been really unsettled today. He screamed for nearly an hour until dh came home and then managed to settle him. It makes me think sometimes I have no idea what I'm doing.

Luckily he has fed well the last feed and has gone to sleep fairly easily...will have to wait and see if he stays asleep.

It's so draining sometimes. Dh has gone out for his boys night - which I'm glad because he has done so much lately (and I'm going out for dinner next Tuesday while he stays at home - will be so nice!) but sometimes when you know your home alone you worry that bubba will be unsettled.

It's so hard when you don't know what the problem is - like before he'd done a poo and he'd burped etc so you start to run out of options for why he's unsettled.

Anyway - sorry to moan and groan. Also spoke to my mum and all she said was whether I want to come around and visit her on Sunday - I'm out all day Saturday (family xmas in the park) and the last thing I'll feel like is going to her house. She only lives 30min away (if that) and doesn't even offer any help or anything - that also gets me down sometimes because it feels like dh and I are completely on our own.

Sorry again - I hope your all having a better day than me!

Donella - Glad to hear that Dylan seems o.k! Thats great.

Linda - good thought but it hasn't been that hot hear the last few days so nup!

Kerrie 0 I hope things start going along better for you now.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast