Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #3

Belinda, how awful that Luke has CP. I really hope the rest of you are ok. That's awful that you had to pay for the sake of one week.

Kate, how wonderful that the Zantac is helping a bit. Hopefully Rylee will continue to get more settled. You will able to enter the weight lifting contests soon!! Dad has been really good - very helpful and not at all stressed when Tom cries. People surprise you sometimes LOL.

Kirsty, I was thinking the same thing about the weather last night. The 4am feed especially was freezing. I took Tom into bed with me so I didn't have to sit up in the cold.

Emma, Gaby sounds like she's settling into a pattern for you. Well done. I agree with you on the monitor. We've used one for both boys and it's worth it for the peace of mind.

Kathryn, I hear you on the cost of nappies. I seriously considered cloth but I think it would be too much work for me. I don't have any time now!!!

We had a horrible 24 hours the night before last and yesterday. Tom had awful wind pain and wouldn't settle at all. His longest sleep was 1/2 an hour all day yesterday. Luckily he was better last night. He finally settled at about 6:30 last night and slept for 4.5 hours. Then he woke every 2 to 2.5 hours but settled reasonably well after. HE has been unsettled again this morning but is sleeping now. Poor little tike!

Great news, my sister is 14wks pg. This will be my first niece/nephew on my side so it's very exciting. Pity she's in Melb!

BTW, I hope you have a great night out Belinda.

Hey all..

Kirsten has amazed me by sleeping from 12-6 every night this week..hope it lasts!

Unfortunately she likes to feed constantly for about 4 hours beforehand though!

We got a fright yesterday as she seemed to stop pooing altogether from doing loads each feed, but then it all came out at once last night, think her pattern is just changing as she gets older!!

Still expressing and just about managing to keep up with her. My pump is not very good so have ordered a better one to hire for a month or two. Emma- I thought my supply was drying up but it was just a bad seal on my pump, maybe thats worth looking into!

Now I just need to get better myself so i can go out with her on my own..still really sore, and its not helping that I have to sit to express/feed for about 9 hours a day!

Sounds like everyone's babies are starting to settle down a bit. I must get round to doing personals, but at the moment I can't sit for that long at the computer!!

Marion

x

Oh Marion, I hope you feel better soon. You're doing an amazing job - it's such hard work expressing every feed. Nine hours a day is an awful lot!! Don't worry about personals!

Kate, is it common to put on weight when bfing? I kept losing weight and was quite underweight by the time I was pg again (and still feeding). I'm not sure how I could eat that much and still lose weight!

Thanks Emma! How are you going with your supply?

Kirsty, yes good luck for the job. I keep forgetting to write that!! I have a friend in that field. She finds it rewarding too but it must be hard work.

Emma, I just found your thread for increasing supply. A friend of mine with big bbs is still bfing her 3yo. She found that the only way she could get him to attach was to lie him on a bfing pillow. Perhaps you could try that. GL.

Tom is still in pain and only settling for short periods. I'm typing one handed.

Karlee Guest

Hi all

Well Antoni went back to the paeditrican yesterday for his follow up after being sick when he was born and he is asolutely perfect biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Infection is gone and he is growing well now. He is exactly 1kg over his birth weight now so starting to put on weight nicely.

He is having moment after a feed when he goes like he is chocking and then projectile vomits, which led me to think he had a bit of reflux which he does but the paed reckons there really isnt anything i can do at this stage its just something that his stomach will hopefully mature and handle better. The chocking sounds he said would be him trying ot keep the milk down rather than bring it up.

In the pead's words he couldnt be doing any better if he tried

Sorry no personals for tonight, hard to find the time to have enough time to read everything lately.

Karlee - That is great that Antoni has put on 1kg for you !!

Marion - Ashton seems to be calming down a tad in the poo department as well. I actually changed the first nappy ever that didn't have poo in it yesterday LMAO.

Belinda - How did you go with your night out ?? We went 10 pin bowling last night and mum baby sat the two oldest while we took Ashton. He was pretty good through all the noise and loud music. It also sounds like Coopers windy episode is what Ashton went through for two days, where it seemed like he was hungry all the time but he actually wasn't. Ashton had a good day yesterday after finally burping, so a friend is giving me her infacol wind drops tonight when I see her as she no longer needs it.

Melanie - Congratulations on becoming an aunty. It is such an exciting time when it happens on your side of the family.

Emma - Glad to hear that Gaby isn't sick. it is nerve wrecking isn't it when you think that they might be sick. I can assure you that it never gets any better LOL. I always still freak out when I think my kids are coming down with something.

Well as reported earlier, Ashton was more settled yesterday which was fantastic. He basically slept all day. We took him 10pin bowling last night and he stayed awake all during that, as it was very loud etc. He also leaked through his nappy with pee and of course I never packed him a spare change of clothes argh !! He got hungry while we there and I was trying to hold of feeding him cause the place seemed to be packed with teenage boys LOL. So I found an empty lounge in the cafeteria section and gave Ashton a quick feed there just enough to keep him going till we got home. got him home and fully changed him and then fed him and he ended up sleeping for 4.5hrs which was good.

We have to do it all again tonight too, as we are going to our BB Christmas dinner tonight. Must remember to pack a spare set of clothes just in case LMAO. Poor kid.

Love

I wish I could have gone back to bed when Ashton woke at 5am. He is still currently asleep now and it is nearly 9. Unfortunately for me though Ashton screamed the house down changing his nappy which woke Kam and Lach up so I have had to get up with them cause Andrew is at work !

Love

Kirsty77 Guest

Argh I know the feeling Kat. It seems that when one of my girls wakes so does the other. Makes life a bit more interesting LOL!

Oh no Em at the condom breaking! I'd be freaking out as we are waiting about 1-2 years before ttc again! God I so don't want to be pregnant again in a hurry...so over it!

We had a good night here..........bottles at 11pm, 2.45am and then again at 6.45am. I had some scotch last night and was very merry and mellow!!LMAO! Am now waiting patiently for chrisco to arrive. Knowing my luck it will show when both girls wake from their naps and Corey's at work this morning. Does anyone else dream of sleeping in or when bub cries just rolling over and going to sleep!?!?!PMSL

I dream of sleeping in all the time LMAO. Actually I do have to say sunday's is usually my day. I for some reason don't seem to hear ashton crying so Andrew goes to him cause he is usually awake already anyway brings him in to me to feed and then I put Ashton back to bed and go back to bed myself for a couple of hours, leaving andrew to deal with the kids. So I live for Sundays LMAO.

Love

allyfield Guest

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks to everyone that gave me some advice on constipation. I bought some Oat bran for my cereal and I think it is starting to work.

Had a good night with katelyn went to sleep at 9.00pm last night and woke at 2.00am then went back to sleep at 2.30am and woke at 6.00am. Hopefully she keeps up that routine. i have carved in to the no dummy situation too. Only give it to her when she is unsettled then she spits it out in her sleep

Kathryn, lucky for you that tomorrow is Sunday then, lol!

We're getting more sleep now. Charlie sleeps for 4 hours at night. But i have had to stop BF, boo hoo. He still seems to be refluxy and it's getting a bit worse but i think it's only mild.

So feeling much better now that i can get some sleep.

We also had to give him the dummy, but he only takes it a couple of times a day and only when he's really cranky.

Karlee Guest

Kathryn ~ Glad to hear Ashton is a bit more settled for you. Glad bowling went well, we did that with my first when he was a few weeks old and slept the whole time, was suprising with the amount of noise there.

Emma ~ opps at the condom breaking, thats my biggest fear at the moment too.

I am doing the dummy thing too, i am trying for only when he is a bit unsettled and definately trying not to use it over nights which he wont take it so thats good. Dont want to be in months time getting up at night when he spits it out and cnat find it lol. He will generally just use it for a few minutes and once he is asleep or content will spit it out so not totally relying on it which is what i wanted.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Hiya girls

Had a good night last night. Ashton fed at 4.30pm then we went to our BB xmas dinner so he was due at 8.30pm he was awake so I picked him up but he wasn't looking for milk, so I just held him and he fell asleep in my arms till just before 10pm when we left to come home anyway. So he went 6hrs without a feed. I feed him at 10.30pm when we got home, put him to bed and he never woke up again till 4.30am !! So that was another 6 hour stint without wanting anything.

andrew said to me this morning "you must be feeling great only having to get up once" I said "I probably would be if I didnt' take panadine forte at 4.30am to kill off a headache, so still have the tired effects from that" LOL.

Of to go and finish the christmas shopping in a minute. Tree is up but nothing on it decoration wise as yet LOL.

Love

Woo hoo, Charlie slept through the night last night! From 10:30pm to 6am. We were staying at a friends place though, so i wonder if it just wasnt the different enviroment.

Kirsty77 Guest

We were up every 3.5hours again last night. Shes cottoned on to the whole 'if I cry they'll pick me up' thing which is a PITA. As soon as I put her down now she is asleep bu realises I'm not holding her so cries or if she hears us she cries cause she wants to be held, not easy when Gem is crying to cause shes teething at the moment. I've had both of them in tears just wanting me for the last couple of days. I swear last night I was on the verge of a mental breakdown!LOL! Gem didn't go to bed till 9.30 and Jazz was up and unsettled till about then to. ITs like there mimicking each other.

I had a lovely sleep in this morning though. I was up with Jazz at 6.30 then we both fell asleep in our bed till 10.15 well thats when I got up Jazz slept till 11am!Thats the longest shes gone without a bottle. Think I might put a piece of my clothing in with her so she can smell me and think I'm there with her.

Hey again

First chance i have had to get back again, been busy here with Cooper, who is asleep atm

Night out went good, was fun, although drinking bourbon then swapping to vodka and redbull isnt a good idea!! Woke up with a bit of headache but that went away but my stomach still isnt right, think i over did it a bit, ah well

Christy: Had to laugh when you said at bowling you didnt take a spare outfit, i am the same, i take as little as possible and hope for the best

I still havent read everything sorry, i am hopeless lately

Anyhow will be back soon

Wow, congrats to those of you who are now getting more sleep. Tegan, that's awesome news that Charlie did so well.

Tom was much better yesterday until I had to start preparing for friends coming over for dinner. Then he started screaming and this lasted all the way through dinner. As soon as the friends left he fell asleep for 4 hours! Then we had quite a good night but he's a bit unsettled again today.

It's our first outing tonight. A friend is sitting with Tom and Jack will come out with us. Dad is taking us out to dinner. Jack would never take a bottle but Tom has had EBM a couple of times (just to try the bottle out) so he should be ok. I hope so anyway!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast