Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #5

Kirsty77 Guest

Jasmine is f/f so a little bit different. But her poos are no longer runny and she does one poo per 24 hour period.

LOL at 2 of us doing HPT's at the same time!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Jasmine's poos are kinda like play doh!?! not hard and not runny IYKWIM ANd I found out I'm not on the surgery list!!Pi$$ed off majorly here. I see a private doc this week on wed to find out some stuff and get checked out and discuss the procedure etc. So hopefully a step forward.

Jasmine slept well, last bottle at 7.30 up at 12.30 and again at 3.30. Still feel completely in over my head with both girls. Gemma has her moments where she'll be a dream on minute and a devil the next !LOL! Certainly has me pulling my hair out!

ETA just a couple of questions?WHere does your bub sleep during the day and at night?Jaz is in the portable cot/day in our dining room next to lounge, and in her bassenette next to me at night. And does anyone where their bub alot during the day?I find I'm having to wear Jasmine in the carrier more as shes not sleeping as well during the day....she just wants her mum!
    Last edited by Kirsty77; December 9th, 2006 at 09:27 AM.

allyfield Guest

kirsty Katelyn sleeps in her bassinet during the day in the lounge room and at night she is in our room next to me as well. I have any ever tried her twice in a baby carrier the first time she fell sleep but the other day she didn't really like it because it was so hot. I don't think I am going to bother using it anymore the times I did use it was when I was out shopping otherwise during the day she is happy to lie in her bassinett or rocker. She is pretty good don't have to carry her around much. She lets me get things done.

I'm lucky Katelyn has turned out to be a good sleeper she is still sleeping 7 hours every night only waking the once between 3.00am and 4.00am so I am getting plenty of sleep at night.

Emma, I wouldn't worry about those signs. To me they sound like the pg hormones leaving your body. My hair started falling a lot at about that time too. AF could also be very irregular at this stage, she might not even have returned - you weren't totally sure that last lot of bleeding was AF and it might not have been. Bcos you were expressing it might have delayed the start. Good luck for the car. I really hope this is it for you. WRT Gaby's sleeping, it might not be related to the jabs at all. Tom has a couple of days in a row where he'll sleep most of the day and Jack did the same thing. I think it's related to growth spurts or something like that. As long as they still sleep at night LOL!!

Ally, you lucky thing. What a dream baby Katelyn is!!

Kirsty, Tom is now in a cot (in his own room) as he outgrew the bassinet already. He mostly sleeps there day and night but on his unsettled days I wear him most of the time. Sometimes if he won't settle in the cot I take him to bed with me but this isn't often. Jack has always slept best if in his own room so I've tended to do the same with Tom out of habit. I hope the private doc is more help to you. I have seen the pain MIL was in with gall bladder attacks and I can't believe you have to wait for the surgery.

Belinda, hope Bill is better.

Tom had a great night last night. He slept from about 5:15 pm till 11pm, then woke at 3 for a short feed then slept until 6am. Jack woke at 5:30 though and started playing with Tom's toy phone which is really noisy. Thanks for that one Santa!! DH got home from a Xmas party just before Tom woke for the 3am feed so I didn't sleep very well last night.

Phew, I think the growth spurt is finally over!

Kirsten is much more relaxed and settled all the time..the only downside is she is now up every 4 hours or so at night, before she would feed for 8 hours before bed, and sleep for 6, but its well worth it!!!

Have got physio appointment on Monday for a general check and been referred for one specifically for my tailbone but that prob won't happen until mid-January! Just bought a support belt for my lower back (I have just been diagnosed with SPD which I did not have when pregnant !?!?) which has helped lots!

So all is much better here!

K's skin has settled a lot with lots of heavy duty moisturiser..the cold and wind wasn't helping it!

She is now 9lbs exactly, so she has gained half her birthweight since she was born, which is not bad!!

Better go and get stuff done while she is napping!

Marion

x

Kirsty77 Guest

Goodmorning

We had a goodnight. Jaz slept for 4.5 hour intervals. I'm starting to get more sleep which is great. We've just set up a mobile that plays tunes for her during the day in the portable cot and it has seemed to have worked, helps her drift off to sleep without crying. I just can't see myself wearing her all day trying to get her to sleep as I'm scared I'll bang into something!!

Well we're off to my parents today. Corey is installing 2 air cons for them, which is saving them a bucket load of money and I get a break from the girls as my sister, brother and mum will just pass them round....suits me!!

Emma, how sad! I think babies really make you miss passed away parents/grandparents even more.

Marion, glad things have settled down with Kirsten and you finally have an appt for your tailbone. LOL if it's not the heat aggravating skin conditions its the cold!

Glad Kirsty and Emma had good nights. Tom had a shocker. I got to bed at 9, he woke at 10, 12:30, 3, 4:45 and then up at 6:15. Jack woke at 5:30 again (please let us have day light savings soon!!). DH took Jack so I could sleep in but it didn't last long! Sooo tired!!

Just had to run away in the middle of this post as Jack had to do "wee wee" in the toilet. He's doing this much more often now and does wee every time. Uh oh, undies here we come! I'm scared!

Has anyone tried the Peace Baby CDs? We bought one for Tom the other day and everytime we've put it on he's fallen straight asleep. Magic, wish I'd had it earlier. We used the sounds of silence (I think it's called - it's music and white noise sounds) with Jack and it seemed to help some but not every time.

Kirsty, I meant to say to you, WRT being over your head with two girls, I'm sure it will get easier. The gap between my boys is a bit bigger than your gap, but I have found it has really gotten easier after the first 8 weeks or so. I hope you find this also. Of course every day there is a time where they both want something at the same time and I have to juggle, but I'm getting better at coping (and distracting the boys!!) and they are getting more tolerant and creative at keeping themselves amused (or settling themselves in Tom's case). I think it will continue to get easier in general, but I'm quite sure there will be bad days!!

allyfield Guest

Well had a good day with Katelyn yesterday. Woke up in the morning had a feed then went into town for a couple of hours katelyn slept the whole time then got home at 12.30pm she woke just a I was pulling into our property fed her she went back to sleep straight away. As it was my husbands xmas party and we had to take the kids with us i expressed a bottle. Well by 5.00pm she was still asleep so i woke her and fed her and she fell back to sleep in the car on the drive to the party.

Well she did not wake once at the party we got home around 11.00pm she woke for a feed and went back to sleep around 12.30am and slept till 5.30am went back to sleep at 6.00am and woke at 9.00am.

People could not believe I had a baby with us. She is such a good little girl.

Wow Ally, how brilliant is that!!

Yay Emma. It must be great to finally have the car and exciting to have the cot.

Tom has been a dream today. He's slept most of the day, probably bcos he's tired from last night LOL. I hope he sleeps tonight!

I have been exhausted all day but didn't get a sleep. I did relax for a while and watch a movie with DH though. I'm busy preparing hotel Melanie LOL. MIL and FIL arrive Thurs or Fri and BIL is staying for a week and arriving on Sat. He lived in Brissy until he was transferred to Sydney in Aug to do the same job he did up here but they need him up here for a week while someone else goes on leave.

Hey everyone

Went out friday night so had a hangover all day yesterday, wasnt a bad one but was just pretty tired, so didnt do much at all

Pretty quiet day today, Mason skipped his nap so was a handful for some of the afternoon, Cooper has been good though, have read everything

Emma glad you had a good night and yes i have noticed that some stores arent good for prams, especially when they have stock piled on the floors in the way!

Kate: so sorry to hear things arent well there, this may not apply to Rylee at all but the lady in the chemist was telling me her life story as ppl seem to and she mentioned her daughter was the same as your Rylee, thought of you at the time anyhow, but it turned out her daughter had a something ulcer and they didnt pick it up till she was 2 and thats why she was screaming etc, could be irrelevant to you but thought i would mention it

Hi Girls

I am not even going to try and catch up. Haven't felt like posting in the last couple of days.

Kirsty - Ashton usually is in his rocker by day in the lounge room, and in his basinette at night in his own room, and nope don't wear ashton at all during the day.

Emma - Glad to see your okay with the BFN

Melanie - Ashton who is breastfed still does runny poo although he hasn't done one in a couple of days, but on Saturday night he had a huge nappy blowout LOL. So not too worried.

We had an okay night last night. Ashton fed at 8.30pm so I put him to bed and he woke just after 1am , then he woke again at 5.30am. At 8am this morning he projectile vommited all over himself and his rocker, so had to wash all that so today he is laying in his PopUp Travel cot.

Well must go get Kameron from Kindy.

love

Kirsty77 Guest

I also had an ok night. Jasmine went to bed just after 9.30pm up again at 1.15am and again at just after 4am. She's settled down a bit now so thanks for your responses everyone. Have been going out of my mind for the last week with her crying all day long whenever I put her down(don't know how you do it Kate!!). SHes a bit happier to lay in her bouncer now and we play lullabies when shes in the portable cot and its helped heaps. Must have been a phase.

Kirsty: hope the good phase stays for awhile for you

Kathryn: hope all is going ok with you

Cooper is pretty good, he rolled from stomach to back a few times so far, he has a very strong neck though so not worried about tummy time much for him, hoping he isnt an early walker like Mason though, 12 mths would be nice this time, we shall see lol

Belinda, I hear you on the early walking thing. Jack walked at 9.5 months. I'm hoping Tom won't be so early but he rolled over at 4.5 weeks and Jack didn't do that until 7.5 weeks so I'm a bit worried!

Kathryn, thanks for the info. I'm glad it seems normal. Tom's down to one or two poos a day now, I hope he turns into a once-a-weeker like Jack. Sounds like Ashton will be a once-a-weeker for you lucky thing! I hope you are feeling ok, you sound a little overwhelmed.

Kirsty, I'm so glad things are settling for you. I hope they continue to improve.

Kate, I am so sorry that things are still bad. I'd been a bit worried about you as you hadn't posted in a while. You and DH must be so exhausted. I really hope the paed finds something that works for you. Congrats on your amazing patience and stamina.

Emma, you are so right about shops not being pram friendly. Some pharmacies are really bad, the baby stuff is surrounded by piles of stuff so you can't get a pram there. And how likely is it that someone with a pram will want the baby section!!

Tom started well, he slept for 6 hours from 2pm until 8, then woke at 12:30, 4 and 5:15. Still so tired but not as bad as yesterday. I was so exhausted yesterday DH and I were both convinced I must be pg again! LOL, hope the BFN was correct, it is too soon for another bundle of joy!!

allyfield Guest

Emma - Katelyn was good on sunday too had her wakeful periods but just lied in her bassinett or rocker or on the lounge. Had another xmas party last night and she slept again i am lucky she only wakes once during the night hopefully she might give that up soon and sleep through.

Kirsty77 Guest

Goodmorning

We had a good night. Jasmine slept well and fed well and was easy to put back down. I have something that will give you a laugh though..............Gemma is starting to talk, well we're starting to understand words now not just gibberish. Yesterday she started saying when she drops something or can't do something.......'oh sh$t'. I kidd you not. I'm so embarrassed as for all the words for her to actually start putting together it has to be those!! And this morning shes now saying...'uh oh sh$t'. I am so horrified and you can;'t tell a 14 month old that thats not a nice word to use as she doens't get it yet. She's got daycare tomorrow so I'm cringing at the thought!LOL!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast