Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #10

Hi all...add me to those who are coloured confused...Hmmm. Whatever went on, hope that everyone is ok.

We are heading to Melbourne for christmas this year, driving over, which will be interesting!

becky Guest

Dont worry guys, to all who dont know, there was just quite a bit of conflict earlier. I think Kim and Cath are both giving the Oct thread a break for a while.

Cool. Will be good Friday. My number is 0433232887 for anyone who needs it. Im only gonna bring Chels this time though. Might bring Liam next time.

Saffi - You'll be fine. Its all a bit scary when your partner goes back to work, but you just find yourself getting into a routine! You'll be great!

Yes I noticed that too Amber when I was first getting to know all early October Mums - definitely an easy one for me to remember - I also remember Myles as the baby with the stunning blue eyes! Couldn't stop looking at them at the last Brissy meet up - they are gorgeous. Thanks for ticker info and really hope your nan is OK - will be thinking of you.

Well, what a night with Mateo. I am at my wits end - I don't know what to do with him. I have never seen a baby scream like him. You know I am the eldest of five brothers and a sister - the youngest being just 9mnths - my little sister I looked after on my own while Mum worked in between year 12 and uni when she was 2 months to 6 months old, in my Uni years I was a nanny to two families in which I looked after 5 babies - 2 from newborn age and also worked in the baby room of a day care centre.... the point of me telling you this is that I have looked after ALOT of babies in my life and I have never not known what to do, and I am feeling really helpless as with my own son I honestly don't know what's wrong with him. Domenic cried tonight for the first time (I have had many!) as Mateo has been screaming (and I mean an awful, barely able to breathe scream as if he is in excruciating pain) on and off since 7pm and we have only just gotten him to sleep. He is putting on weight so he's not hungry, his every need is met right away, he just cries all of the time. Tomorrow I am going to get a referral to a paediatrician - hopefully they can help. The weird thing is that makes me worry is that when he has good days (and last week we had heaps) he is the most content, placid little fella - so surely there has to be something happening that I am missing.

Anyway, I am sorry, I have totally been selfish and hogged the whole page.. I just really needed to vent that!

xoxoxo

star
    your poor darling, hopefully the paed will tell you what you can do to help?? one of my nephews ws like that and always wanted to feed(bf every hour) turns out it was silent reflux and he ate just because it was making it feel better.
    another one of my nephews was just a screamer full stop, they took him to a centre which is on he nothside to fix hm and nothing they did helped(apparently he was the most unsettled baby they had ever seen) it took them two years to settle him down(sorry if i have scared you, but mateo doesnt sound like him, he doesnt scream every hour of the day)

hope it all works out

ps i cant wait to see our brissy girls on friday

Morning all!

I'm so sad the previous thread ended the way it did . Please feel free to come back at any time girls.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Ours was pretty boring, but at least we started our Christmas shopping! Kieran was such an angel and slept in his pram the whole time. He has been doing great stretches at night, anywhere from 7 - 8 hours between feeds. It is sooo nice! I feel like I am getting much better sleep now.

Ange - Are all your weddings over with now? I can't believe how many you have been to recently! I haven't been to a wedding in years.

Nic & Becky - Bummer about your kids having colds, it is a weird time of year to have one.

Boomba - I hope your nan is OK. How sad about your IL's, at least they have met their grandchild though. Are you going to see them over Christmas?

Misskate - Lauchlan sounds like a perfect baby! You are so lucky!!

Saffi - Good luck today on your own! You will be just fine and will surprise yourself how well you can cope.

Kellie - Look forward to seeing that Santa pic!

Claire - Yep, I can't believe that Christmas is in 2 weeks time! You have just reminded me that we need to put up our tree!

Star
    - Sorry to hear Mateo has been so unsettled. It's horrible to watch your bub scream and not now how to help them. I hope you get some answers from a paediatrician soon .

qui - Whereabouts in Melbourne are you staying over Christmas? Good luck with the drive over!

I know this is going to make me sound like an idiot, but it makes me laugh so I just had to share! Whenever I put Kieran on my shoulder to burp him during a feed it makes me burp too! Is is pyschological or am I really burping myself too?? OK, I'm a weirdo!

Amelia Guest

Morning Ladies!!

Had a excellent weekend. Spent Saturday at the IL's, they have just moved up here from Melbourne and still trying to adjust to everything. They can't believe how much Rhys grown since they saw him last at a week old. He is a little tank now!! Lol....We are using Crawler nappies on him now!! :-O And have had no leaks as yet, it has only been 3 days so we will see how the week pans out. The poor lil bugger has a cold as well that DH gave to him so I had to buy a vaporiser yesterday but forgot to get the oil stuff that goes in it so DH has to get it today when he is near a chemist!!

For those of you that have had a sick bub already, what did you do to get them better?? We have the vaporiser to set up, I am spraying euclyptus(sp?) spray in the room as well, and I have elevated his cradle on some phone books.

Viv - Are you using Crawler Nappies on J yet??

Cath & Kim - Hope to see you lurking at least and letting us know the progress of your bubs!!

Rhys has been sleeping anywhere between 6-8 hours at night so I can not complain about my little angel!! Got from 9pm till 7am out of him last night!!

That is all I can remember at the moment....Going to have a shower and have some brekky!! Have a good day ladies.

Woo hoo for Tahlia - fed her last night around 9.45pm and she didn't wake up until 7am!!!!!!!!

Star - we're getting Tahlia some bigger clothes for Christmas (cause she got given heaps of 000 and 00), a few toys, a teddy bear and maybe one of those toy things that they sit in when they are a bit older, not sure what they are called?? Hope you get the answers your looking for from the paedaetrician. I also hate it when Tahlia is crying and I can't figure out why

boomba - hope your Nan is ok!

Trish - good work on starting the christmas shopping.. glad to hear Kieran behaved for you! I've gone as far as writing down everyones names that we have to buy for on a piece of paper, but thats about it! Maybe I'll head out this arvo if Tahlia is in the right mood for shopping

Trish- we're staying in Endevour Hills...it's going to be nuts, with 11 people in the house. Thankfully it's only 5 days.

I hate today! Theo was beautifully asleep, fell asleep about 30 minutes before we had to leave for pre-school. He fed at 7 30, and was back asleep by 820.

So I pick him up to put him in the car, and my bigger son starts SHOUTING the lyrics to this dumb cartoon he's been watching. So of course Theo wakes up, and has been up now since 8 40. Just going to sleep now, and of course we have to go and pick up from pre school at 11! URGH!

When I see all the mums of one on here, or even the mums who have more flexible schedules, I feel like the worst mum on the planet. Poor Theo has no hope of ever being in any sort of routine, he just gets shuffled from pillar to post, on the basis of big brothers schedule.

His sleeps are all over the place, and sometimes it's 2 1/2 hours between feeds, and sometimes 3...and sometimes 4. And by the end of the day, I am just so wiped out! I feel like I never get the time to just sit and gaze into his eyes. Either I am doing things with/for my eldest son, who is 4 1/2, or I am trying to get things done (housework, cooking, errands etc)...I wish we had some family down here, who would either hang out with Will, or do some of the more boring things, so I could spend time with Theo...

Sorry, just feeling down in the dumps today.

Vic girls, where would everyone like the next meet-up to be.
    St Kilda Beach, Royal Botanic Gardens, some where else?

When suits everyone?

oh yeah in regards to breast milk.
    There is the fore milk which they get first, this is like 85% water or something and quenches babys thirst. Then there is the "Hind" milk. and this has the goos stuff in it that fills them up!
    amazing how the body works dont you think!

Tyron has a viral infection like Nixon, so trying to keep them seperated didnt do much good did it!
    we just have to ride it out, watch for high temps, bad cough and trouble breathing.
    he does have a yukky cough but not broncial thank goodness.
    Claire i hope a few of the girls went thismorning.
    qhi- Tyron is all over the place with his feeds during the day, he seems to go well o/n but then wants to play catch up during the day, how old is Will again? your not a bad mum at all, dont think like that. it such a different ball game with more then one child, you just do what you can at the time rather the sticking to a scedule as such. sometimes i feel bad for Tyron just putting him to bed awake and waking out the room, in the long run it should benefit him going to sleep on hiw own but i only do it because ive go to attend to Nixon or something.

Qhi Endeavour Hills is only 10 mins from where i live.
    They have some great houses all decorated for Christmas.

At least over Christmas you'll get to spend some alone time with Theo

Thanks guys

Nic- Will is 4 1/2...I get frustrated, because I feel like, at 4 1/2, he should know a bit better, and be better able to control himself. There isn't much info out there for dealing with 2, that isn't about toddlers and new babies... I am just Debbie Downer today huh?

rallybbek Guest

Hi Qhi, dont feel bad, when i am out shopping with my three, everyone looks at me with pity! Or comment - gee, youv got your hands full! Emma has been rotten lately - playing up, rude, cheeky and Kate just follows suite! You will find a somewhat routine over time that works for you.

PND- i had PND after I had Emma, after I had Kate i was ok and this time I do feel a bit depressed, but i am so tired and have anemia and mastitis so I am not so sure it is PND this time.

I am so sad i cant go to the vic meetup, it is just too far. I will be thinking of you all!

Toby is no wear near rolling yet!

For those who have had mastitis, do the antibiotics give you an upset tummy? ( diahorrea) What did you do to stop/help it? Toby has also been really ratty from the medicine too. poor boy.

Bec

Hey all!

OMG, Cath & Kim Hope you guys come back!!

Woohoo for big babies! My 'little' man is now 7kg, 61cm long and his boofa head is 40cm, been in 00's for 2 weeks or so and is in Crawler nappies as the Infants were just not cutting it. Anyone in Brissy wanting an unopened pack of Infant Babylove, let me know, LOL.

Had Elijah's 2 Month check up on Friday. Doctor was so cruel, making me hold him on my knee whilst she pinched his li'l leg rolls to give him his needles Made me feel mean, she did.
    I'm sorry if sometimes my posts seem a little self-absorbed; I read everything, make mental notes, forget mental notes and then just wing it! I have a mind like a sieve sometimes, either that or my mind is elsewhere.

What an awesome sleep for Tahlia, Kellie! Doesn't it make you feel a little more human to get some good sleep!?

Trish - I burp myself whilst burping Elijah too. Kinda weird, huh?

Oh no, hope your Nan is okay Boomba!

Hmm seemed to have lost my spot. I'll take this as a cue to stop now LOL

Well....gotta play catch up again!
    AngeA - No I am not on a station out here. I live "in town" if you could call it that.
    Caitlyn is pretty regular with her feeds....3-4 hours between them. But its getting harder and harder to settle her again. Last night at her 11 feed I didnt get back into bed until just after 1!!! Then she was up again at 4 for a feed but basically went to sleep on the bottle. Of course - 5 am - wake time! Bought her into bed with us and she slept until 630! Which was fantastic.
    She was a ratbag all day yesterday! But I think she felt the tenseness in the house. DH was a complete w*****r on Saturday night (stayed out till 4am and didnt call me!) and I dont sleep without him there so I got NO sleep and then when he did come home he slept on the couch ALL DAY!!! Not impressed! But anyway - I told him to pi$$ off into the bedroom so I couldnt see him and get angrier and let my little one feel that. Didnt work - could hear him snoring through the walls.
    So basically I had the worst weekend and am VERY angry with DH.
    But my little one is a gorgeous little girl and even with 5 hours sleep in 48 hours I managed to deal with her difficult times and remain calm with her! Proud of myself!
    Anyway - enough of my rant. Am sure you dont want to hear about it! Hope evryones bubs are great littlies today!

Hey all,

Wow I've missed a bit! Sorry have had a bad cold so haven't been on much. Kim I hope you consider coming back you'll be missed and I always enjoyed your posts! Feel free to email me at any time if you'd like to chat I'm not on MSN much so I'm sorry I havent spoken to you on there a great deal.

Nic- sorry to hear your darlings are sick I hope they get better soon can't imagine having two sick grizzlies to deal with hopefully they sleep through a lot of it!

Ryan has been drinking like a fish during the day then has 2 long slleps (8-10hrs then 5-6 hours) then wants 2 feeds really close together. He's been burping really well too so has been a very happy munchie and smiles and squeals all the time. He gets lots of tummy time he sleeps on my lap on his tummy while I watch TV or play computers or lays on the couch next to me he's getting so strong and pudgey :-)

Anyways feedin him and typing one handed my arms dyin so shall leave it here,

Love and hugs to all, keep well and stay safe

nickers and others with sick babies... it is a little less scary when they're a bit older. jj was only 2 weeks old and i was beside myself.

i bought the pigeon nose sucker thing to help him with the sticky boogies. i put euky bear on a hankie beside his bed every time he went to sleep. (vaporisers are great too). i watched him like a hawk for change in colour of mucous. he sneezed and snuffled but had no cough. for those with coughs i would be extra watchful.

i took jj to the doctor after 10 days of it not getting better. was only a virus but i wanted to make sure it wasn't something more sinister. the cough is the most important thing to watch. the doc suggested keeping him in our room while he was sick. we also put him on a reasonably high incline so he wouldn't get woken up with the dripping of the goo down his throat.

it's so sad when they're sick. only other thing to monitor would be their temp.

star - that sucks about mateo. definitely sounds like something is going on inside him. i'm sure the paed will help you figure it out. it's very unusual for a co-sleeping baby to have issues like that. jj is too noisy like a bed hog to sleep with us... wish he could. :sad:

nickers - was curious about your stash of EBM - how do you take bottles of it out of the house with you? or do you not? it's easy enough at home to use but i'm curious about transport.

amelia - haven't moved jj over to crawlers yet. out of a pack of 32 infant huggies i might get a couple of leakers. seems to be on the same day, so i put it down to jj being a massive weebag sometimes. i'm due to get some more today so maybe i'll try crawlers. haven't had him weighed for a couple of weeks (though i know he's getting heavier... *grunt to lift*) but i'm sure he's ready for them. i was worried his waist wasn't big enough - seems his weight is going into his length.

b/feeders - i'm getting splashback (about 1-2 tablespoons of creamy milk vom) from the boy straight after feeds lately. more than usual. does this happen to any of you? he doesn't do it after an EBM bottle. *scratches head*. makes no difference if i do football or sling hold. am wondering if the let down is too hard core for him.

with this damn 10 hour sleep comes another scourge... engorgement! i'm not getting the joy of sleeping because i'm up pumping off the engorged rocks to soften them (and leaking like a mofo onto a towel in bed). my sister said it sorts itself out but i am considering doing cabbage leaves before bed to slow it some.

i don't think i'll be able to make the briz meetup because jj is supposed to be getting needles this friday. can someone here reassure me that i'm not going to wreck him by filling him with this stuff. *whimper*

cath & kim - come baaaack... all is forgotten, and mostly missed by most of us...

everyone else -- hellooo...
    Last edited by ninja_turtle; December 10th, 2007 at 11:31 AM.

Kellie - Go Tahlia! What an awesome sleep!!! Fingers crossed she does that for you again tonight!

Amelia - Hope Rhys gets better soon. I've heard those vaporisers are great.

qui - Don't feel like a bad mum! You sound like a wonderful mum running your 4 1/2 year old around. Babies just need to work with you, not the other way around! I have plenty of days where Kieran's feeds are not 3 hourly, they can be just like you described with the routine going out the window. IKWYM about finding it hard to spend some quality time with your bub, the eldest are so demanding and then there is still a household to run. I hope you cheer up, you are doing a fantastic job!

Mo - The Botanic Gardens would be nice, they have a great cafe there. Where suits everyone else?

Bec - Sounds like you are doing it pretty tough at the moment. I hope your health picks up soon

Sarah - I'm glad I'm not the only one LOL! Wow, what a great size your little man is!!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast