Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #10

Star only thing i can think of is he didn't like the teat.
    Maddi's not a fan of the advent one's & would only drink a little bit beofre refusing to drink again.

melb girls - the botanical gardens would be nice, but would it be hard to arrange a meeting point there? Haven't been there for quite a while so can't really remember?

The other option I thought of was the Docklands? lots of cafes there

I'm soooo tired...had a busy day doing the shopping, cleaning, washing, etc...then Kieran was unsettled while I was trying to cook dinner...then Joel kept coming inside in tears after falling over or something and I had to apply bandaids and cuddles each time...DH didn't get home until 7:30pm and now has to wash his car before he swaps it for a new one tomorrow (company fleet) so he is no help to me at all!!!!

Sorry, just had to get that out!

Poor Kieran has pimples all over his face, neck and scalp. I wasn't worried at first, but now the skin on his cheek has gone really red like a rash. I'm taking him to the paediatric chiropractor tomorrow so I will ask if he knows what it is. If not I will take him to a GP.

Kellie - The botanical gardens have a cafe kind of in the centre which we could make as a meeting place. Otherwise it would be near impossible to find anyone!

Star - Glad you had a better day today.

Saffi - You poor thing, it is so frustrating when you don't know why they are crying and you've tried every trick in the book. Kieran did that to me when I was trying to start dinner tonight, it didn't matter what I did, he would just cry. I ended up just plonking him in his swing because I had run out of ideas! Luckily for me it worked, otherwise we would have all gone hungry tonight!!

Boomba - Glad to hear your nan is fine, what a scare for you all.

Celtic - Good luck with the immunisations tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to doing it.

alz - Sorry to hear Ethan has a UTI, the poor little thing. It can cause babies so much pain and discomfort. It's great that it was picked up so that it can be treated. A friend's bub didn't get diagnosed for 6 months and she had 6 months of hell. Once she was treated she turned into a very happy baby.

Kate - Good luck with your 6 week check up. I really should book in for mine!

Trish - sounds good. Have we decided on a date?

Any date & time suits me

Claire Guest

Hi everyone,

Nice to see you today Kate and Ursula! I must remember to bring some distractions to keep Emily occupied so that I can have a conversation with another adult that lasts longer than a minute!

Sterilising: If I sterilse using miltons can I leave the teats etc out to dry afterwards? If I sterilise using the boiling method, can I boil the teats? (that's a no probably, right?) Harry either doesn't like the teat material or the taste of miltons. I'm using Avent bottles - which teat should he be on? 1, 3 or variable!

Viv - Harry is up chucking a lot these past few days. I've had two 5am projectile vomits where he's emptied seemingly the entire feed, and then happily gone back to sleep. The breastmilk must just hit his tummy with a load of gulped air and then he burps it all back up!

Does anyone other breastfeeder feel the let down? Mine stings in my axilla and around the outside of the nipple. It can be pretty painful sometimes.

Claire I was feeling the let down really badly for a while then it dissapeared, it comes back occasionally, like when I think about feeding him etc!

i still get a let down and its is ouchy sometimes, it goes really hard and full all of a sudden.

i meant to also add last time i laughed at the burping when burping baby i do that!!
    its so weird hey? whenever i used to burp Nixon also i remember the same thing happening!

Claire- got your cool solutions so remind me to bring it next Monday!

poor Tyron i think he sounds worse. he hashardly any cry left, he was fed at 6.30pm, decided im not going to try and wake him for a feed and hopefully good stint after i'll let the little fella just sleep till he needs to wake.
    DH is getting his wisdom teeth out tomorrow at day surgery so gotta be up early to drop him off
    night all

LizzysMum Guest

Claire - I get letdown, not painful though just tingly.

Sorry I can't do personals I am swamped with al those posts!

A slept from 8.30pm to 3am yesterday and then it was party time GRRRRRRRRRR!!! I am soooooo tired. Oh and she also spewed at abotu 3.30am.

QUESTION - does anyone elses bubba suck furiously on their fist? She is an animal! And its not hunger 'cos she goes back to it straight after a feed. This results in masses of air etc getting sucked in an then either spews or is screaming a few hours later from wind. I have tried to replace fist with dummy and she will not have it!

My sore throat is pi$$ing me off

Hope everyone is OK and all sickies are recovering.

Night,

Just a quick hello!
    Hope all the sick bubs and mums feel better soon!!
    I had a horrid cold all last week, so glad I am pretty much over it now, yay !
    Hope all those mummies meeting up have fun!
    Anyways need to get some sleep.

Morning mummies!

Had a great night last night, Kieran had his last feed at 9pm and woke at 5am for his next one! That's two nights in a row at those exact times, it works well so hears hoping he sticks to it! I'm taking him back to the chiro this morning, hopefully we'll have him all sorted out soon.

Claire - My letdown is really ouchy when I am really full, I thought it was just meant to tingle!

Nic - LOL at you burping too! I really thought I was the only one, it makes me feel better that there are others! Your poor DH getting his wisdom teeth out, I hope it all goes well.

Ooooo so many posts, so little time.

Spew- Viv Lu does that same creamy little spew. She also does a watery type spew when she wakes up sometimes...... doesn't seem to bother her.

Burp- Trish- I do that too! ROFL..... Kieran is doing some champion sleeps. We are dealing with the 45min wakeup during the day at the moment.

Letdown- Claire, burns still, just around the areola and boob, not auxilla. Infact thinking about it, it has just happened. lol

Saffi- i grew up on the mornington peninsula, in balnarring. Now living in Frankston. Have your folks always lived in mornington? i love the market too, how good is it? You coming down for chrissy?

Leah- Lu sucks her fist when she is hungry and when she is tired. i'm hoping she'll grow out of it and not suck her thumb.......

Lu is down to one poo a day now, but it's generally a cracker!

Put a santa hat on her yesterday and took some picks, how much fun is it having this new toy?!

Think i'll tackle a christmas pudding today, anyone ever made one? Got a good recipe?

Morning all

After the day from hell yesterday L slept from 6.30pm to 10.15. DH fed him and put him back to sleep and then I was up at 3.15 and then again at 6.15. He has just gone down so am hopeful that today will be better. Feel sorry for DH tho he barely had anytime with L when he got home, so I am trying to give him every chance while he is home, but things are such a rush in the morning that there isn't a lot of time. DH loves his sleep.

Sent DH out to get some Infacol just in case wind is L's problem. But I don't think it is. He doesn't seem to have the massive pain that everyone seems to describe.

Let down - yes, I feel it around the areola and on both sides at the same time. It is a little painful and happens within a minute of L first attaching. I was also told it was a tingly sensation and was expecting to feel it more all over than in just one area.

Q for the day - dropping overnight feed. Is this something that the baby does (ie. baby sleeps past a normal feed time and thus sleeps thru), or is it something that I need to do (ie. instead of doing the 3am feed I resettle back to sleep without feeding)?

Anyway, now that L is down I better get some stuff done in case it doesn't last.

Have a good day mummies and bubbies.

S

Claire - re the teats - my little one is still on number 1 Avent teats. anything higher and she gets too much too quickly. i think it all depends on bub but my only suggestion is to start on the 1's and if he struggles with it - go up one.
    well we changed caitlyn's formula over the weekend to see if that would help her sleep a bit more and make it easier to settle her in the evening. the only thing that has changed is the colour of her poo!!! its gine from a mustardy yellow to khaki!! mum says that it indicates wind - has anyone else heard of this? other than that - her clingy-ness has returned in full force!! but we are down to 2 feeds at night. i wonder if i am letting her sleep too much during the day so that she doesnt sleep well at night.
    sorry for all the typos - she wont stay out of my arms!!

Ange

Mum's husband has lived on the Penninsula for many years but she has only been down there for about 8 years. I love the seaside feel of the place and that it is close to Melbourne when you need it, but far enough away to be a town not a suburb in the City.

Still it is a long way from Brisbane and don't see them as much as I would like.

Not going down for Chrissy this year, but parents are coming up to visit us.

Ange cute pic of lu! I will have to put one up of myles with his santa hat on!

Saffi, I think we will let myles decide when he wants to drop the feed, I am a bit different when it comes to routine etc lol!

Myles has been a bit of a pork chop at night lately! But its really hot and muggy so dont know if that has anything to do with it!

He is a calling me have to run have a good day ladies xoxox

Ange - hee hee, another burper! My DH's uncle has his own real estate agency in Mt Eliza and sells a lot of Frankston properties, have you heard of TJ Sparks? He used to own a gorgeous house in Cliff Rd that overlooked the bay. He regrets to this day that he sold it! BTW - GORGEOUS santa photo of Lu!!

Saffi - I just stopped setting my alarm and let Kieran sleep as long as he wanted o'night. He has woken up a couple of times at 2am, but his cry isn't serious (not a hunger cry) so I just pop his dummy back in, re-wrap him if he needs it and he falls back to sleep.

Rebecca - I've been told green poos can mean wind too. When Kieran was really windy he definitely had green poo.

BF'ing mums - Do you find you drip really badly after a shower? I have a shower every morning and especially if it is just before a feed I find that I drip EVERYWHERE and rush to get my bra on while leaning over the bath! Is there any secret for doing it without a big mop-up needed (apart from having a shower after a feed which isn't always an option for me)?

Claire- i THINK the Milton's stuff you can just leave on the stuff, but i think i only ever used the stuff with nixon once or twice cause i had samples. Have u got something with the packaging that says what to do?
    I wash up my bottles and teats make sure all the suds are off etc and then sterilize it all (teats included)
    Tyron is on a number 2 but i am still putting some thickener in with his ebm so needs to have a faster teat, number 1 should be fine but if he got frustrated with it i think he'd be right now at 2months to use the number 2 also.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast