Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #14

Still wrapping here..only way i can get Jasmine to sleep.

Im over it today....anyone wanna look after 2 kids for a while

Awww (((hugs))) Kim

Maddi had a rotten day yesterday, but she is much happier today

Welcome Dianne

Have a safe trip Claire

Trish pretty much want to know if they are worth the money. I've seen digital ones for $200 odd....they are selling off ebay (non digital) for $100ish (or less). I actually saw it on Target website for $80ish..... Can you point me in the direction of your website?

I have a friend who says they are fab, but pretty much wanted to know if anyone here has one and what they think.

Max sleeping well today - even though it's megga hot 39 ATM - he doesn't get wrapped, he has nothing over him at the mo...seems way more comfortable that way. At night though he is in a grobag....i've always been useless at wrapping!!

Kim - I am soooo with you today...

Julia - I sell pre-loved baby stuff and I only had the one . If you want to buy second hand from eBay then $100 is usually the average going price. Whether it is worth the price or not is really up to you. If you find it brings you peace of mind, then it probably is and if you buy second hand you are likely to get your money back if you resell it on eBay. They are a really popular model, but if the alarm goes off because your baby has come off the sensor pad it can scare the cr@p out of you!! (My friend has had this happen a few times).

Ugh...what a cr@pola day I've had today. Kieran is having shocking day naps and wants to be fed two hourly. Please just be a growth spurt! I feel like I haven't had a chance to scratch myself. Anyway, better go wash the dishes, can't wait to get a new dishwasher!

trish
    what a cute pic of kieran

Amelia Guest

Julia - I have a angelcare baby monitor and I would be lost without it cause we have such a big house and cause Rhys sleeps on his tummy, he won't sleep any other way. I also bought it cause with my dad's first marriage, he and his wife at the time had 3 children all at different times and they all died of cot death. But my dad use to tell me before he died that he rekons she sufficated the 2nd child. She was put into a loopy house 2 yrs after they divorced. Back to the story....Cause they don't know what causes SIDS/Cot death I didn't want to chance that it was genetic so I bought one for my peace of mind. Have not had one alarm yet!! Touch wood cause I am slowly putty him into his cot cause he is getting to big for the cradle!!

My Brother and SIL have one and he set theirs up without reading the manual and played around with the senitivity setting and had it going off all the time, then he read the book and it says in bold not to change the sensitivity at all!! Dumb arse!! :-P

Hope that helps you!!

Thanks Amelia that does help.

Trish Max is definately going through growth spurt. He gets all clingy when he's going through them, and today early on he slept well, but now he is being a grumpy bum. Thank goodness his dad is home!!! I don't think the weather is helping much either. He was like this last time it was this hot..... PLEASE get over it soon!!

Kim last night I told Max that if he didn't calm down I was going to put him under the sprinklers and leave him there! Parenting is HARD! But then all I have to do is smell him or look at him smile....*sigh*!

welcome Dianne!

we still wrap Tahlia overnight, but I tend not too during the day in case she gets too hot, but maybe if I did she'd sleep for longer than 20 minutes!

I had my first mothers group today - we had a great group of girls so I was really pleased. There is 9 mums in total, so its a good size. Got Tahlia weighed... she has hit the 6kg mark! 6.040 to be exact!

Also got some tips on getting her to take a bottle so we'll see how that goes!

Is today over yet???

Thanks Misskate! I took the photo today. You'd never guess he was having a bad day would you?!

Julia - I'm PRAYING it's just a growth spurt!!

Kellie - Glad your first mum's group was good. I miss my old mum's group! Wow, what a great size Tahlia is! I get Kieran weighed next week, I'm looking forward to finding out what the big boof weighs.

Anyway, gotta go be a yo-yo mum and resettle Kieran for the millionth time today...

Hi all

Big news - L rolled from back to front today. Didn't see it happen, just know that I placed him on his back and when I came back a few minutes later he was on his tummy. Doesn't that always happen. Will have the video camera taped to my hand for the next few days to see if I can capture it happening.

Went to shopping centre today and saw one of those childrens photographer stands. They waived the sitting fee and you get a free picture puzzle. Couldn't resist and got heaps of photos taken of L. Have to go back in a couple of weeks to look at the photos and buy any that interest us. Can't wait! I know it could get expensive but........

Haven't had much of a chance today to work on increasing my supply. Will give it to Monday before I head off to the Dr for the meds. I heard about Fenugreek also but not sure if it really works.

Still wrap L for his sleeps tho when he sleeps in the pram we don't wrap him. Considering trialling it for his sleeps at home.

We have an Angelcare monitor but still haven't got it out of the box yet. I heard they were good.

Welcome Dianne and Isabelle.

Things going pretty well here. Nothing else going on.

Maddi's doing alot better, she laughing, smiling & chatting again. It's nice to have my baby girl back.

Trish is Kieran any better today?

Max isn't rolling yet, but he's taken to turning 90 degrees in his cot then crying coz he's hit the bars!!

Trish How's Keiran?

Had a night from hell...i should have known after the day i had the night was to be no better. By 8pm id had enuf of Chelsea so i put blankets over her windows so she would think it was later (cos it was dark...) and she went to bed. At 1030 Jasmine woke (after a 1 hr catnap...was however the longest nap all day) for a shower and feed....and thats when things went wrong again. She went back to bed and talked and cried and made her cradle squeek...ALL NIGHT til 2am when she napped til 230...then it started over again. I drifted off to sleep about 4....and then at 430 wide awake again...Jas was crying at 6..got the better of me by 630 and fed her....7am back to bed. OFF went both girls monitors til 830.

So all up im running on about 90 mins sleep today and i can tell its another day from hell.

Sorry for the selfish post but im over it today....and its only 940am

Aww Kim. I wish I could give you a big hug or two Hang in there. It will get better. Is there anyone who can mind one or both girls for a few hours so you can get some sleep?

Things plodding along here. L had his last feed at 9.30pm (both BM and formula) and was down at 10.30ish. He woke at 2am, but I just re-wrapped him and put the dummy in and he went back to sleep. Even though he is demand feeding, I am still trying to get him to sleep through. Woke up at 5am and his nappy almost weighed as much as he does. Been down since 6.45.

Supply is still low. I would have expected to be really full after no feed since 9.30pm, but no! I will head off to the Dr's on Monday to get the meds. I think it is inevitable that he will be weaned and go onto the formula full time, but will give it another week or two. On the positive side at least I am supplementing his feeds with formula so he won't be hungry and lose weight.

Have a good day all.

LizzysMum Guest

Kim - you poor thing! We are having a carppy day here but al least I had some sleep. Hope they both sleep today!

We also still wrap here - if I don't she just wakes herself all the time. If her hands aref ree they are in her mouth. When she is feeding she plays with her head and ears, the hands never stop!

Saffi - Fenugreek works! I have the seed and you boil it up and then drink the tea, tastes like mega carp but it definitely works for me.

Angelcare here too - they are great monitors.

Having a carp day 'cos A did not get her morning sleep due to having to frop my car at the mechanic early. She was asleep in the capsule but woke as I carried her upstairs DOH!! Now she won't feed and won't sleep and is screaming - JOY!

Awww Kim wish there was something i could do to help.
    More

Hey all,

Kim - sorry you had such a shocking night too. I hope today goes better for you. Put your feet up when you can, don't do anything other than looking after your little gals (and maybe surfing BB )

Saffi - Wow, clever Lachlan rolling over!! Sounds like he is really getting there with his o'night sleeps. GL with the feeding!

Julia - Kieran does exactly the same thing in his cot! I have no idea how he ends up facing that way!

Leah - I hope Amara calms down for you soon! I sympathise, I had a very similar day yesterday.

Mo - Glad to hear Maddi is back to her happy self

Kieran is MUCH better today. He had a big uninterupted sleep last night between 9:50pm and 6:20am, he then had a MASSIVE feed (35 minutes as opposed to 10 minutes) and went back to sleep until 8:30am. At least I got a good night's sleep. I'm the one who isn't good today . I am achy all over, exhausted and dizzy. I think I have some kind of virus. Joel appears to have it too so we are a bit miserable today. I just hung out two loads of washing and have decided that's enough for me today!

I hope everyone else is well!

love Kieran's new pic! glad he had a good sleep last night.

Kim- i hope you can try and have a nap or two during the day today if both girls go to sleep at the same time, you'll burn out with no sleep thats for sure. Do you think its Jasmines skin that is irritating her and interupting her sleep maybe?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast