Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #14

Kate - as someone who's supply is on the fritz the LC recommended that I demand feed, supplement with EBM and/or formula and then express 20 mins later. This works on the theory that more feeds will build up supply. It doesn't sound to me like you have a supply issue. Perhaps u could post on the BF thread. Barb Glare is an LC and can offer some really good advice. If u are really concerned go see an
    LC - can recommend the BF clinic at the Mater.

Going back to bed as L was up at 2am, 4am and then just before 6! Don't know what went on there.

Check in later. Have a good day.

Hey everyone....geez so much to catch up on. I have a hopless memory so never know who started saying what....so I'll just say what I remember!

As for TTC #2 not really interested ATM. Pretty happy just cruising along with Max. Would want to spend as much quality time with him as I can before my focus goes toward another baby. Although in saying that, if it happened, I wouldn't be disappointed. DH would love another!! pfffttt!! He who gets to go out of the house everyday....albeit to work!!

Max is still being a bit unsettled going to bed but is still sleeping through from say 9 till 7 so me no complain! I have another sore boob today so need to go express...it's very ouchy! He didn't really feed very efficiently from it yesterday.

Got mothers group so need to go....sorry again for having a shocking memory and not doing the personal thingy.

Kellie is it baby friendly at the docklands & are they expensive?

Hi everyone!

Having a better day with Kieran today, he was sooo exhausting yesterday.

Mo & Kellie - A meet up in Feb would be great! Does another weekend work for you guys? It is just easier if I can bring DH. I don't know how baby friendly the Docklands are, I suppose if we sat outside it should be OK. DH tells me that you have to pay for parking there though and I don't think it's THAT cheap. I'm happy to meet there though if everyone else is. I can't think of anywhere else!

Becky - I keep meaning to ask, how has Liam been going in his bed at night?

ETA - I should have said ALL Melb girls, didn't mean to exclude anyone above, just responding to those who have already posted! Please post your thoughts Kim and Ange!!
    Last edited by ~Trish~; January 22nd, 2008 at 01:45 PM.

We could always meet at a park that has a caf?.
    I have a feeling the docklands would be very expensive food wise as-well, but I'm also happy to go there if everyone is happy to do that

Maddi had her needles today, she did alot better.
    We saw the same doc who helped us when she really sick with the UTI, Our regular GP just got back from holiday we could see him if we wanted to wait 3+hours, like i want to wait 3 hours with a baby.
    The other doctor was great she cried for 30 secs, then was happy again.

Spoke to the health nurse about Maddi's tummy sleeping she said to make sure she is nice and cool & there is no bumper's, toys or big blankets in her cot.
    Also think i will buy one of those angelcare monitors as-well

Mo - Glad Maddi's needles went well. At least that's another lot down! Do you know of a park that has a cafe? The Botanical gardens worked well last time because there was so much space for all of our prams and it wasn't too far for anyone to travel. Do you know anywhere like this? I'm useless at thinking of places!

Hi everyone – I’ve been telling Trish that I’d come and post here since DS was 2 wks old so I figured I’d better get my butt in here at some stage!

DS was supposed to be an October baby, EDD was 22nd Oct but he had other ideas – he was 44 mins late, born at 12.44am on 1st November. I hope you don’t mind me joining in, I post in the Nov thread too but it’s very quiet in there and a lot of the babies are quite a bit younger than DS.

We also have a DD who turned 3 last week. The first few weeks were REALLY hard, DS was quite unsettled and trying to learn to juggle the two was a learning curve.

DS is a very happy, chubby boy! He weighs 6.5kg already! Probably closer to 7kg now actually, haven’t had him weighed for a few weeks. He is breastfed and feeds 3 hourly during the day (give or take half an hr) and wakes twice overnight to be fed which doesn’t phase me because we’re only up for 10 mins at a time.

Have been having a hard time again the last few weeks, stressing over his sleeping habits (which really aren’t that bad) to the point I had a panic attack last week – so off to the shrink I went and am now feeling a LOT better about things. Have a few issues I need to work through (we lost our second bub at 12 wks and then had trouble conceiving DS and ended up doing IVF) but am slowly learning to just relax and accept that things will never be perfect! So onwards and upwards from here!

Trish has been very supportive of me during the rough times, so thanks again hun!

As for another bub - have always wanted 3 and would love another, but after all we've been through, I often doubt I've got it in me. It's very taxing on me emotionally so for now I'm just going to enjoy my boy and reassess when he's 12/18 months old. DH doesn't want another but we have 10 snow bubs on ice from our IVF cycle, so it's definitely a discussion that will need to happen at some stage.

I’ve been lurking since this thread started so feel like I know you and your babies fairly well already!
    Last edited by Willow; January 22nd, 2008 at 06:02 PM.

Hooray welcome Willow! Great to see you in here finally . Look forward to getting to know you and your bub better!

hi all!!

TTC#2.......if i could gaurantee baby as good as isabella i'd go for it real soon but since i cant i'm hoping to start TTC when she is around 1...DH has other ideas but,)he stresses too much over $$) which is understandable as he is the one that has to do the over time when the bills come in

glad to hear maddies needles went well...

isabella is a tummy sleeper too especially now she can roll over i have no hope!!! i was considering a angelcare aswell but i had heard that if you have a fan on in the room it can mistake that for them breathing??? does anyone know anything about this?? our house gets pretty warm in the arvo sun so on a hot day she needs the fan on!!

last night isabella laughed/giggled... she was in the bath and DH put her toys in with her and i dont know whats so funny about them but she let out this long laugh it was sooo cute. she has made noises i thought were a bit of a laugh before but nothing like this...she is really starting to grow up and do new things all the time..wish she would stay a baby just little bit more though

becky Guest

Hi Willow! Welcome! Of course we dont mind if you join us! Your DS is practically an Octo-baby anyway! Glad you seem to know us all and our troubles LOL. Hope we can all get to know you too!

Trish - Thanks for asking. Liam has been an angel in his bed! Have not even had 1 bad night with him. He goes straight to sleep and just calls out in the morning when he wants to get up (usually about 9.) And except for that first day, he has been no trouble during the day either. Im so proud of him!

hey willow

so i think lochies wierdness is a growth spurt, been hungry and tired and slept from 11pm-10am last night. i will talk more to the chn tomorrow, apparently she is brilliant. she is there 2 days a week and was booked 2 weeks in advance so that is certainly a good sign! hope everyone else is doing well

Welcome Willow. We tend to operate on when bubs were due rather than when they were born, so you are an Octo-mum. Look forward to getting to know you more. Yes, Trish is great isn't she. She always has some good advice or perspective on things. Actually, pretty much all of the girls do here.

Well, my supply is coming back. Only had 3 lots of meds so far, and while only expressing around 60mls each time, that is after a feed when he has already had something to drink. Hopefully I can build up a bit of a stockpile of EBM so can supplement EBM after every feed.

Off to the movies tonight with GF. Going to see 27 Dresses. Love a good chick-flick!

Anyway L is up so best go and get him.

That's great Saffi, enjoy the movie

Becky Glad Liam adapted to bed so easily for you, hope Maddi goes that well when she's older.

Welcome Willow, Maddi is a Sept bub & she's a few weeks older than most of the bub's in here, but i feel so comfortable in here that couldn't get rid of me even if they tried lol

Melb Girls- If you want the meet-up to be at the botanic gardens I'm fine with that, depending on my blood count i should be able to make. You shouldn't have to change just for me

Hi again all

Welcome Willow - just want to know a couple of things....what are your kids' names!

Saffi - Glad to hear your milk is returning...I'm worried mine is going to dry up. Max just isn't going for it like he was....maybe he can just get more quicker! Enjoy your movie too....I love chick flicks!!

Ruby - Max is also a tummy sleeper and I have an angelcare monitor that I'm borrowing. They are right, it does pick up the fan in the room though. My fan is right next to the cot so I don't know what would happen if it were further away. If you want one, maybe you can borrow one first and see how it works. Another thing that is a bit annoying is that you have to remember to turn it off as soon as you pick bub out of the cot (unless the fan is on! ) coz the alarm will go off!

Gotta Go...Max is stirring

Becky, yeah had some bad pain start up today and went upto hospital. Had a very faint positive test and then the rest were negative. Had heaps of blood tests and ultrasounds and is all empty :-(. They pumped me full of antibiotics and because I was crying (saying to the nurses that I was sick of being sick and I just want my body back to normal again and the Dr's were in a panic and preped me for surgery I didn't end up needing) they sent down a mental health chick to give me all these tests for post natal depression which were all negative and then started asking how I'd feel about a miscarriage and how do I think it would effect me and they want me to see a counsellor before they'll tell me if I miscarried or not because they are concerned because I was upset it may push me into PND hypothetically of course! How obvious do you want to be I'm not a idiot! Have antibiotics and a check up ultrasound in a week and have to check my temperature if it gets above 38 I have to go straight back to hospital and may give me a D&C... woot.

Big hugs Celtic, what an awful experience! I hope your better soon:hugs:

Welcome Willow! Congrats on your son!
    Saffi so glad your supply is coming back! Demand feeding is great for that so yay to you!x
    mkate Hope lachie doesnt change too much in his growth spurt! He will probably want to feed more, well thats what happened to Myles anyway! Good luckx
    Ruby We have an angle care mat and if you have the fan directly on the baby and cot the sensor will pick up the fan!How cute is when they giggle!
    Mo so glad Maddies needles went ok!
    Becky se you thursday! x
    Hello all our other mums and bubs! x
    Well we have begun to get back to our normal selves yay! But I dont want to jinx anything so thats all I will say
    Have organised all our camping stuff! Its going to be great! Just need some insect repelant for Myles does anyone know what I can use on him?

Just a question, is it weired that I dont feel like DTD at all! I love DH but I kinda feel weird, like mummies dont do that sort of thing IYKWIM? I worry that Myles knows what we are up too? I could just be a little loopy too!
    x

Time for a new thread everyone

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678