Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #14

I'd love to start TTC#2 when Maddi is around 7 months, but it depends on my health.
    Only time will tell

Amelia Guest

Oh I could so go for another one now!! Lol....

No - no second baby for me just yet. We'll wait until Hayley is about 1 year old before we start trying.

Mo - good luck with the needles tomorrow

Have had 3 nights in a row with 6 hours inbetween feeds then followed by 4.5 hours inbetween! I feel great for getting a bit more sleep!

Hi everyone, Isabella slept 10hrs last night, she's always been a good sleeper 6-8hrs. During the day she feeds every 3hrs but doesn't have much wake time, normally falling asleep after feeding. How long do your babies stay awake for during the day? She hasn't started rolling yet, just happy to stay on her back.
    Boomba-feel for you hun, can't offer any advice except maybe some matchsticks to keep your eyes open during the day.
    Bella had her needles last Wed and hasn't done a poo since, now when she passes wind it really, really stinks, she clears the room out quick smart.
    Have to go deal with the older kids, 9 sleeps till school and counting!

Back from Drs. Got a script for Motilum to hopefully increase my supply. Don't know if the fenugreek needed more time as only been on it for 2 days, but don't want to waste time on it only to have my supply dwindle further.

#2??? If you asked me a couple of months ago would have said no way, but now thinking it could be nice to give Lochie a brother or sister. I'm 34 next week so I don't have a lot of time to spare if we choose to have another. **hears biological clock ticking**

It is so hot here today. Had to walk to the Drs. Sweat was pouring off me by the time I got there. Looks like its about to storm. **crosses fingers**

Celtic - nice to see you in here. Sorry to hear you and Ryan haven't been well. Daycare concerns me about how many things they pick up. But what choice is there? Sounds like you have a lot on your plate!

Leah - happy camping!

Diana - we work on a 90 minute feed and play cycle. He does go longer but then we have a grumpy baby and its not worth it. As soon as I see a tired sign he's off to bed. He sometimes sleeps only an hour, tho today he slept 2.5 which was heaven.
    Last edited by Saffi; January 21st, 2008 at 05:02 PM.

*slaps forehead*

why do you guys find it so awesome you'd want another?
    why don't i want another?
    is it because my labour was 100% carp?
    is it because i still have a jellybelly?
    is it because i have a $40,000 law degree (incl post-grad) going down the t00bs?
    is it because i don't sleep much?
    is it because being pregnant was carp?
    is it because the world was flat-out getting me to do this once?

nb: i love james to death and back - i just can't see me coping with anyone else as demanding as DH and the boy.

No more bubbas for us yet! Maybe when Myles turns 2 we will start trying again! I just want to be able to give him all my attention! And I am absolutely dreading giving birth again

Myles is now 6.5kgs! Little porker!
    Had another awful night he was up for maybe 2 hours and nothing would get him to stay asleep! ARGH! Hopefully he is just having a blah time and will get back into his routine soon! Fingers crossed!. DH canme home this morning and took him so I could get another couple of hours sleep!

We are going to get a little baby pool for camping so Myles and I can chill out while daddy skis! Hope he likes it!

Leah I have pmd you about cloth nappies!

Have to go make dinner! mmmm Spaghetti blogonaise mmmmm!

x

Viv - I hear ya!

We always thought we'd have just one and maybe thats the way it will be given it took 2.5 years for L to be conceived. If thats the way it is I will be perfectly happy. Tho when we had just one dog, we had to get another to keep the first dog company.

I am not a baby person and am counting the days until he is older and can talk with me and be more social. Maybe you are the same? I keep telling myself that they don't stay this way for long, it just needs to be endured. Look how far we have come already.

Whatever way your family is configured it will be right for you.

N

Hey everyone!

Had a full-on day with Kieran not wanting to sleep and feeding every two hours! Yuck!! He is finally having a decent sleep now, but I will wake him up soon for a feed and a bath. Still feeling a bit off ATM, Joel is too, this bug just lingers around, it's so annoying!

We are thinking about #3, but I'm not 100% sold yet! If I could guarantee another bub just like Kieran I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Viv - I felt exactly the same way as you for two whole years after Joel was born. I had a really horrid, traumatic birth and a horrific recovery. I SWORE I'd never have another baby! (I loved Joel to bits and wouldn't have swapped him for the world though ) My friend's were going for number 2 and I seriously thought they were CRAZY. I thought, "why would anyone want a second?". I have my own business that I love and I thought I'd rather do that than have another bub, #2 means I can't run the business the same way. I eventually came around to the idea of another bub when I realised how lonely Joel looked playing outside, one day I just said, "what the heck!". I went in with my eyes wide open this time and learned relaxation techniques etc...and it made me more confident to go through labour again. I have to say that I had a wonderful experience the second time around and I have absolutely NO regrets! Sorry to ramble! Just wanted to say, don't even think about #2 right now, don't feel guilty that you don't want another one. Just enjoy James ATM. Give yourself time and you may one day change your mind or you may feel that one gorgeous son is enough for you.

Saffi - Hope the meds work!

Amber - I hope Myles gives you some more sleep soon!

Dianne - Wow, what a great sleeper Isabella is!

Kate - Yay for Hayley sleeping longer at night!

Mo - Wow, thinking of #2 already! I'm sure Maddi would love a brother or sister! Glad to hear she is nice and healthy.

Celtic - Good to see you in here! Hope you and Ryan get better soon

Nic - How's things without your DH around?

Kim - Hope your girls are behaving for you!

Have a great night everyone!

Viv - I'm with you... not even thinking about another.... at least not till Tahlia is over 2!

Hope everyone else is well

Melb gals - when r we going to meet up again?

Maddi is far from an easy baby, but i still want another one.
    Maybe it's because my pregnancy was really good & i loved being pregnant & my labor was everything i wanted.
    Guess i probably wont be as lucky next time, but maybe I'll get a less demanding/clingy baby lol

Kellie I'm up for another meet-up early Feb, should we pick somewhere else this time?
    Last edited by Khaleesi; January 21st, 2008 at 08:08 PM.

No number #2 yet, not sure if I was? Had bad nausea all day and agonising pains then bled really badly and passed a chunky meaty looking thing with what appeared to be its own lil vein/artery things and some other stuff won't go into detail, then I bled for about another hour and then all the pain vanished.

Ryans had a cranky arvo, but he's finally asleep, had a bit of bum action probably from being gunked up but he's all peaceful and snoozey now. He had a snuffle the other day but he got over it really quick and he got over this nearly overnight so hoping this germy exposures making his immune system nice and strong. Can't wait to finish work though and stay with him each day he's so much fun he talks and squeals and loves cuddles, mmm I can smell his baby smell on my shoulder he still has that yummy new born smell just want to go cover him in kisses but it would wake him up and he'd be REALLY peevy!

Mo - any suggestions on a location?

Hmmm not yet, but will think about it tonight.
    Unless Trish or you have a place picked out?

nope, I got no idea!

Maybe somewhere at Docklands?

becky Guest

Lauren - Hmmmm.... that sounds a bit suspicious to me. Can you go to the Dr and find out? Sounds like you might have had a MC.....

Amber - I was like you too, dreaded giving birth, but as youknow, second time around was a million times better!!! Chances are it would be a lot quicker for ya too! BTW, see ya Thursday!!

Viv - Ditto exactly what Trish said. If you cant imagine another one now, dont even think about it!! Wait a few years and then it'll either surprise you how much you want another one, or you'll realise that 1 is enough! Good luck though! Did I hear you say you were back at work now or is it my imagination?

Terri - How did you go at your appointment? Get any answers?

Im really excited bout #3 but I can definately wait. LOL. Have a good night everyone!

hell no to number 2 a the moment. will probably try for a girl at some stage but not for now i think craig and i have decided that 2 is enough for us, even though we are both from familys with 4 kids(im one of 4 girls he is one of 4 boys)

lachlan hasnt been his usual self lately. i was doubting my milk production as after a feed he just crys(no burps or anything) so i just offered 100 ml of formula to him after a feed today at 2 different times and he took it all both times??? but i have to be producing enough milk for him to sleep from midnight till nine cos even when he wakes up he is happy to smile and talk for a little while before i feed him. so i dunno, maybe its just his thing at the moment. anyone got any ideas?

Amelia Guest

Viv - My mum was like that after me....I think its cause I was born natural breech and caused her so many problems. My parents bought me a cat and dog to keep me company and then mum accidentally fell pregnant when I was 5 and had my little sister. My SIL is like that as well, she doesn't even want to think about it and my nephew is 2 weeks off being 1!! It's totally normal.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast