Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #15

Nope.....got the blood pumping thru my veins :P

becky Guest

Hmmmm..... Know how ya feel Kim!

Shake Shake Shake!!

Deep breaths...in and out...

LOL..... i want a cuddle from my girls now

becky Guest

I know Kim...... Remember.... Not worth it!!
    We all still have each other!

Thats it matey....thanks

LizzysMum Guest

Hi All,

Wow, so many posts!

Viv - with the sleep thing, I agree withthe other ladies who said go with what you feel is right for you. The one thing I'll say is that think about it though and ask yourself if what you do now will be OK in the future. If you can live with holding him to sleep then go for it. I said the same to my brother who was complaining he had a 3 year old still coming in to bed each night - either do the whole self settling thing or just let him in and don't complain, you can't tell him no one night and yes another. I think some of it is like you said, that "everyone" says you should not hold your baby to sleep or let them in bed PFFFTTT to them! Do what you want

I am lucky that Amara usually settles her self IF I pick the right time and don't let her get into state. I di hold her until she is calm and then put her down. If she cries I do it again, I don't believe in CC either. If she just won't settle I get her up and try on the next sleepy cycle (20-40 ins usually).

AF - no sign yet

Kim - Big girls bed huh cool, I remember Eliza getting hers it was alot easier than we thought it would be. WTG Chelsea

Amara has just realised I am the source of all things LOL! She has started making it very obvious she wants Mum and no-one else will do. Poor DH. Eliza was the same, looks like I have 2 mummy's girls.

Not looking forward to the 4 month vax.

Got myself a 2nd hand Phil and Teds pram - WOOT it is awesome . Hoping to walk some of this blubber off.

Also thinking of getting a baby swing as Amara is not happy at all in the rocker on the floor, and she has a habit of waking as soon as food is on the table.

Do any of you have one? If so do you use it/like it?? Any recommendations??

Night,

I got discharged at 11:58pm if i stayed till after 12am they would of charged me another full night even tho i would of only been there 10-20 mins, The joys of private insurance like i don't pay enough every month.
    Anyways all went well 12 hours later my hand/wrist is all bruised & feels like it's gonna fall off.
    I feel better I'm not tired or dizzy & apparently i have colour back in my face .
    Feb 10th should be fine with me

I see this whole Cath thing went a bit crazy, as everyone said her loss.

Morning all,

Kim - Wow on Jasmine's awesome size! She's doing so well. Sending you lots of positive thoughts today

Nic - WTG on the weight loss, you champion you! I can't believe you've managed that on top of everything else you have to do ATM! I still have 6kg to go and it isn't going to budge in a hurry.

Becky - Well done on your weight loss too! It must feel so good to see the kilos coming off. Maybe I should try WW! Some positive thought sent your way too

Misskate - GL with the MCN's, let us know which ones you go with.

Leah - I use a Fisher Price smart response swing, it works really well, but I don't think Kieran would care what brand it was! As long as it rocks him back and forth he is happy.

Mo - Welcome home, I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. Did you have a transfusion? The 10th seems to be the date then?

The customer I had yesterday made a purchase and it is the biggest sale I've ever had in 2.5 years! I was rapt seeing as I'm not officially starting the biz up again until Feb. What a great start to the year! I'm still a bit nervous about starting back up again trying to fit it in amongst feeds and sleeps, I suppose I'll just see what happens. I just don't want it to become a stress in my life. Only time will tell!

Trish great news, hope when you re-open the business runs like that all the time.
    Also not keen on walking up that hill again at the gardens,i remember you saying something about another way around Trish do we park at different gates, or is it just longer walk?

I had 1 iron infusion & 3 transfusions, i can really feel the difference today.

Mo - I WISH the biz would run like that all the time LOL! I know I was just really lucky this time. Where did you park last time? We parked on Anderson St near the girls grammer school, when you walk in the gates, head far right and take the path that runs parallel with Anderson St, it then turns left at the bottom towards the cafe. It is less steep than the path that goes through the middle. I'm so glad you are feeling better today. I had those nasty iron infusions after Joel was born, I am still bruised and sore from them 3 years later!

Hello Yummy Mummies!

Just thought I would pop in and say hi!... sorry I have been completely useless at keeping up with this thread and how all your gorgeous babies are going. And of course I have left it too long to go through and read through everything to catch-up.

I can't believe "Cath", but hey if she is going to be so petty etc etc then good riddance to her I say!

Kim - glad to see you are still on here and chatting to the girls !

We had the most insane silly season ever, besides the fact that it was K's first Christmas we also had DH's 30th birthday and my sister got married on NYE... was completely insane!!

Kaylee had her 3.5-month check last week and weighed in at 6.72kg (so not far off Jas, Kim!); length 62.5cm and head circ 40.7cm.

If you wanna see more pics of K visit her sight in my sig, haven't added any since Chrissy mind you.

Hope you and your bubs are all doing well!!

P x

Hey all

Sooooooooo tired. L decided he was going to wake up every 2 hours overnight. Up at 1.15am, 3.30, and 5.15! Hope this is a growth spurt or something and not a permanent routine! Still trying to establish the sleep thru so this has set us back. GRRRRRRR

I can personally recommend Weight Watchers. I lost 13kg with them just before got pg. I only have 3 kg to go to get back to my goal weight. DH wants me to start doing WW meals again - not for me but because he has put on a bit of weight while I was pg. Did anyone elses DH/DP put on weight while you were pg?

I only just realised that this weekend is a special annisversary us. 12 months since L was conceived. I know strange date to remember, but it marks the end of 2.5 years of trying so is pretty significant for us. Can't believe how far we've come in 1 year.

DH and I have been talking about adding another little one to our family. He is really keen on it being a little girl so probably will start trying sometime this year. AF has yet to return so who knows how long we'll have to wait to get started!

What are everyone's plans for Australia Day? We don't have anything planned but have pulled a lamb roast out of the freezer so think we'll do a BBQ. Might get some pav shells and make mini pavs. For WW girls - you can make a good dessert by getting a mini pav shell, top with fruit and fruche. Yum!

Mo - glad to hear you are feeling better.

Have a good day all.

Morning girls.

Sorry to hear about the issues with Catherine, she was a bit of a fiesty one wasn't she? LOL.

We had a bit of a shocker in general yesterday - 'they' say babies have one unsettled day a week so I'm putting it down to that! Took the little man 2 hours to go off to sleep last night!! Yikes! He just wanted to grizzle so I'd go in to him and then he was all smiling and chatty - would not stop talking!! Was very cute but very frustrating too.

He only woke twice overnight though so that was good, woke up at 5.30am, fed and down again till 7.30am and then he actually managed to stay awake for 1.5 hours today! Was all smiling and talking at the 1 hour mark so thought I'd let him go a bit longer. Put him down at 9am went to sleep without a peep and he just got up! He is usually pretty unsettled in the morning so this is a great start for us.

Saffi - I understand marking the anniversary of L's conception - it is a big deal when you've been waiting so long for it! I thought I remembered you from the LTTTC threads, but wasn't sure if it was you or I was confusing you with someone else or whether you were one of the IVF girls or not! I'd love to have another one but that remains to be seen. I haven't got AF yet either, hoping not to for a few months yet! 6 months with DD and to be honest, after my surgeries etc I'm not even sure if I will ovulate again or what will happen with my cycles. Can i ask why you are trying to get Lachlan to sleep through? Just want some extra sleep? I'm not even attempting it yet, with DS waking so often for feeds, I know he's not ready. I started trying to resettle instead of feeding when DD was 4 months, so will wait a while yet I think. Would be happy with the 10pm and the 5am and skipping the 2/3am though!

Trish - what sort of a business do you have?

Mo - doesn't sound like a very pleasant experience, but i'm glad you're feeling better today.

WW - LOVE it! Have lost weight with it before, first time 19kg, second time only 7kg and then went back again after I had DD and lost 7kg again. I've lost most of my baby weight, but would like to get down to my goal weight, which is about 4-6kg below what I am now. Would love to do WW but can't really justify the $19 a week at this stage. I have all the books at home and know how to do it on my own, it's just the motivation I guess. Want to be looking great for my 30th in May though so will get serious about it soon. And YES, DH did put on a lot of weight while I was prg - he's trying to lose it again now!
    Last edited by Willow; January 25th, 2008 at 10:32 AM.

Yep i know what path your talking about, thanks for the tip Trish
    Did we decide on a time? 11:30am like last time?

Thanks everyone

Willow & Saffi hope you both have a better night tonight.

Peta- Kaylee is adorable looks like she had a great Christmas.

Kim-Wow Jasmine is a little porka can't believe she weighs more than Maddi, you must make a great bottle
    Hope everything goes well today
    Last edited by Khaleesi; January 25th, 2008 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Forgot to add people

Peta - Lovely to see you in here! Sounds like you have been very busy!

Saffi - Ugh, what a yuck night for you! Fingers crossed it is just growth spurt. We don't have any Australia Day plans yet. DH has been so busy all week we've hardly seen each other to discuss it!

Willow - I had a bit of a shocker day with Kieran too, must have been the day for it! I have a pre-loved baby goods business I run from home. I have a little shop attached to my house with all my stock and I have an online store. I am the only online pre-loved baby goods store in Australia! I try and work things around family first so it will be a bit tricky this year with a little bub.

Mo - 11:30 worked well, I'm happy with that if Kellie & Kim are too!

Willow - yes, I've been hanging around for a while. The sleeping through - I guess it is really because I hate having to get up 2 or 3 times a night. DH doesn't get up to him at all even if just to settle him, so it all comes down to me. We recently introdued a late evening feed in the hope that it will get him past 2am when he was previously waking up. He was sleeping from 6/7pmish to at least midnight or even later so he is capable of doing a long sleep. It is just programming him to do it at a more convenient time for me. Selfish, I know.

Trish - thanks for the very kind offer of the manual pump and sorry didn't get back to you earlier. You are very sweet for offering. I have spoken to Avent and they are sending up a new motor which should arrive early next week. In the meantime I can (just) survive on manual mode.

Does anyone else's baby blow raspberries yet?
    Maddi will lay there stick her tongue & to try and blow raspberries.
    it's soooo cute i laugh every time, She'll stop & laugh with me then I'll blow them back she'll laugh/smile them blow some more back to me.
    It creates so much spit tho need a bib close by to clean her up lol.

Saffi - I know what you mean about getting up a few times a night. Caitlyn used to wake up every 2-3 hours during the night and need settling each time. Oh and like yours, my DH doesnt get up at all during the night! Now I guess I am lucky..she sleeps (most nights) from 6 pm until 2-230 and then until 5 am. So thats not bad. I didnt do anything either - well I initiated more of a routine for her. Bath, massage, feed, sleep. Seems to work ok so far.
    I can't think of anything else I wanted to say - well theres plenty but am letting the subject stay dead!
    Mo- Caitlyn looks like she is trying to blow raspberries...she sits in her swing and I blow raspberries at her and she smiles, and then sticks her tongue out - lots of drool - more than usual anyway!- but no sound yet. I am yet to hear her giggle/laugh though. The ladies at daycare say that she is laughing - this is why I feel like carp leaving her with someone else all day! I feel like they are raising her sometimes. guilt guilt guilt
    Hope you are all having a good day. mwah
    Last edited by Rebecca77; January 25th, 2008 at 12:34 PM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast