Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #15

Hi everyone.
    Just did a heck of a lot of reading to catch up and am now too tired to reply to everyone but...

Username came from a highschool obsession with wanting to be a star!! hee hee. :-0 (Was really into acting, dancing etc).

Miss Kate - How do you get those nappies, really want to start using cloth and tried to fold some the other night and was useless.. think the fitted ones will be better!! :-)

Well, it is finally my turn for a rest... Mateo has all of a sudden become a very easy baby. He settles himself to sleep, he has a flexible kind of routine that he thrives on and only wakes once in the night for a feed!! Yeeeyyyyy!!!!!! He is a much happier little boy!

Will call in for personals later.. really need to go to bed now.

xoxo

I sent him back to the shops to get the right size! I'm a mean wife!

Just saw that I have baby spit on my shoulder. Don't know how long its been there. Bad, because I'm wearing a black T today. Thank God I didn't go out today! Things we Mums get put thru.

Watching a show about a couple with 17 kids. All I can say is OMG. Can you imagine having that many kids? Or going through labour that many times!

Having a facial and a pedicure in the morning. Good thing too 'cause my toes need a bit of attention. Can't wait!

My username actually comes from my dog. She is Saffi: named after the daughter in AbFab. She is a Lhasa Apso. If you go to my FB page she is the black and white one. My other dog is Gus. They are my fur-babies.

Kate - my baby book indicates that I was given some kind of fruit jelly at 7weeks old. I guess you did things like that back in the dark ages. I need to start reading up on when to introduce solids. Is it correct to assume it is a baby lead thing?

Becky - last time we discussed a meet up it was going to be Tuesday 5/2. I can't do that day. Mondays are no good for Kate.

More tomorrow. Nigh-night

Oh and yes Saffi - agree on the hiccups - it does upset them they hate getting them! I always pop Mateo straight on the boob to get rid of them!

Also Brissy meet up - did we say Wed Feb 6th?

Must have posted at the same time Saffi - enjoy the pedicure, how lovely!

terri im no expert but google bum genius, they are the ones im looking at cos the grow with the baby. they are about $30 each. thats a start i guess

saffi, i know babies lose that suck reflex at 4 months so after that i guess. but i think its a baby will tell you thing also, a friend of mine has a 6mnth old baby that only Just went on solids. so i dunno?? talk to your chn

becky Guest

terri - How did your appointment go? Did you get some answers about MAteo? Im so glad he has become angel baby for ya! Im not sure what is good for everyone regarding the meet up. Im fairly easy, but I dont think Amber can do Wednesdays....

Saff - Enjoy your pampering! You deserve it!

Nickers is just a nick name for Nic! pretty easy to pick my one i think lol!

OMG had my gf over tonight and we just watched footage of my engagement party 3.5yrs ago. we were in Melb and had some ppl fly interstate but wasnt a big one, and me and her were soooo drunk we filmed "Big nrother up late" our version, we stayed up till 6am and oh it was just so funny i havent laughted that hard in ages!! to anyone else we look like D heads but it was so fun watching it!!
    anyway bed time, house next door having an 18th and music real loud so hoping i can actually get to sleep!

Kate - From everything that I have read, solids are advised to be started at 6 months. I have been told that that is when they have the ability for their tongue to move the food from the front of the mouth to the back so they can swallow. this age is recommended by WHO. however, the group leader at Caitlyn's sdaycare says rthat she started her daughter on solids at 6 weeks!!!! that was about 20 years ago. my mum said she gave us farex at 6 weeks but not exclusively we stll had breast milk. but i must admit that everything that i have read refers to breast fed babies - not bottle fed. i am waiting until Caitlyn is 4 months old, then i will mix one teaspoon of farex in her night time bottle. they say that you can see how well baby would take to a spoon by trying them with a teaspoon of cooled boiled water. the only reason i have looked into it is because caitlyn is such a guts on the bottle.
    Sorry no personals this morning - have had a bit of a drama night with little miss C - up and down since about 2 am.
    Oh and I think its quite obvious about my nickname! My name is rebecca and i was born in 1977. Looks like I will have to change my signature on Tuesday!!!!

Had to laugh Saffi at your DH nappy story - reminds me of a few weeks ago when I was at the shops with my DH and told him to go and get Hayley some more nappies, Infant size. He comes back with Infant size but for boys.....He was very tired and got a little irritable when I asked him "When did we have a boy" I made him go back and swap them hehehe

Hayley has had two good nights of sleep with 6 hours inbetween feeds - yaay! She went for 5 days straight wanting a feed every 3 hours all day and all night and i felt like a wreck at the end of it. Then she goes 8 hours and my goodness i thought my boobs were never going to be the same again.

Went out and had Chinese Indian food last night....hhmmm hoping she doesn't have any kind of reaction.
    and as i type that i hear an explosion in her pants - better go take a look

see ya all

not so bad afterall.

Hey do you know that Babies Galore now stock Huggies in big boxes? I got a box of 128 Infant size for $49.95

Kate- Is that in their online store?? or the walk in store??

Both i think Rebecca - i went into the store but their online store sells pretty much everything i think

Solids - the MCHN's will recommend that you wait till 6 months... I think thats when they think their digestive systems are ready for food... but not really sure

Mo - your user name is way more original than mine!

Kate - that is a great price for the nappies... but I dont think they have babies galore in vic...

You're right Kellie - only in NSW and QLD - by the time you would add postage you probably wouldn't save anything.

Re solids - I've always heard/been told wait till 6 months

My MCHN has the food talk at 5 months because some babies are ready before 6 months.
    I think Maddi will be one of those babies we had to put her on the sweet dreams formula because she was never content. If you give her more formula she throws up a lot of her bottle so it's not worth it.
    Part of me can't wait till she can eat the other part doesn't want her to grow up.

Off to have a BBQ today, Kellie i don't think we have a babies galore either.

Saffi - Paediatrician seems to think it could just be an immature digestive system and that he will grow out of it. He has only had one stomach upset in two weeks which is great! Dr is not concerned about his weight gain which was a relief as the Clinic Sister makes me panic about it every week!!

What does everyone else's bubs roughly put on each week? Mateo puts on about 180g which I know is not a lot but I thought was still within the normal range? I've decided to stop worrying about it all so much now, he's obviously just a little fella and as long as the paediatrician wasn't concerned I'm happy with that!!

Taking Mateo to his swimming lesson now... so cute! They sing Nursery Rhymes for each movement they do in the pool and he loves it!!!!
    xo

Morning everyone...

YAY...another Perthie...sorry I never noticed before!! Where abouts are you Peta

MiniMax came from what I called my bump. Even before we knew it was a boy...being that my maiden name was Maxwell, and well, I was carrying him, it was a MiniMax

Just sent DH off to get some nappies.....I hope he doesn't have the same dramas as the other DH's!!! Ill have to report back later.

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY everyone. I love this day!! I've dressed Max up in surf t-shirt and boardshorts....we are going to a friends place with a pool and it's pretty hot so hopefully he will like it in there. He is used to the heated spa, so lets see how he takes the cold water!! Star do you put M under the water...is it scary?

Solids - our HCN said six months too. I plan on weaning Max off the boob then too so I can get some freedom. Selfish huh!! Figure that I may as well start it all at once. I don't want a 21 year old asking for boobie!!

See Ya!

Morning everyone!

Happy Australia Day!!

Went to the dr this morning because I woke up with a massive headache and nausea. I have been feeling unwell and faint on and off for a week or so, so I thought I'd better get checked out. I have a sinus infection and have been given some AB's to take. Hopefully they kick in soon coz I feel pretty yuck!

Yep, solids are usually recommended when they turn 6 months old, but Joel was 5 months when we started on Farax. The MCHN told me to give it a go because he always seemed hungry. He took it with no probs! I'll play it by ear with Kieran, but I know I will be much more relaxed about it this time. He is such a porker he doesn't need anything extra anyway! His thighs have big rolls of fat, so cute!

We noticed Kieran seems to have bowed legs, it seems more prominent lately. We asked the dr while we were there this morning and he said it's nothing to worry about and that they will eventually go 'knock kneed' and then go back to normal by about age 5. That doesn't sound comforting to me! He was only one of those rush-through clinic drs and he was quick to right it off. I think I'll take him back to the chiro and ask him.

Julia - Have fun at your friends pool! Let us know how Max goes in the cold water.

Star - Glad to hear Mateo is being an angel for you! He is SUCH a cutie I have to say! His weight gain sounds fantastic, I wouldn't be worried.

Mo - Hope you are feeling good today. Have fun at the barbie!

Kate - That's great Hayley is sleeping better at night for you. It makes all the difference doesn't it!

Nic - LOL at your engagement video! Glad you had a good laugh!

Saffi - Hope you enjoyed your facial/manicure. You lucky girl!

Kim - Glad you had some retail therapy yesterday, it's good for the soul! Did you buy much?

Kellie - I wish I had a more exciting username to explain to you lol!

Have a fun day everyone!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast