Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #17

Ooh Willow, I forgot to answer your other question! Sometimes I can't get K past an hour's nap so if he doesn't want to settle I just get him up & feed him. I won't spend ages trying to resettle him because I've worked out that if I can't resettle him straight away then he aint going to settle no matter how hard I try! If he has already slept 1.5 hours I will try a quick resettle & if that doesn't work I am happy to get him up because that is plenty of sleep.

I am currently typing one-handed with K sleeping in my arms. He woke up crying and screamed when I tried to feed him & he won't let me put him down. I'm guessing it may be wind pain the poor little man He's never done this to me before so I hope he's OK.

ETA Viv - Can you get boxes of Aldi nappies? How many in a box & how much are they? Man James is a poo machine!

Ive never seen boxes of Aldi nappies...on bags!

Viv is nearly evey nappy u change a poop one?

We get 1 a day if we are lucky....sometimes 2. Sometimes none for a few days so do the bike trick and when Jas does one it involes a full outfit change! I need shares in Napisan Oxy Action spray!!

Going to a friends 30th this weekend and im a bit concerned bout taking the girls. It throws them too much, the freinds all smoke and they dont understand i dislike it round the kids, they wont walk away...so i end up moving to a new spot with people i dont know..and the party is outside so Chelsea will want to be held all night cos she hates their grass...LOL

lately james has been saving up, so it's a huge amount in the morning or he'll go maybe two days without then blast it out.

the nappy leaks are usually only wee. the huggies crawlers had the poo escape - that was because he'd been saving up for a day.

this mornings one was a delicate blend of poo and wee, if you're interested... lol...

the morning poo blasties up the suit seemed to have ended.

that concludes my poo discussion.

becky Guest

LOl

So whats gthe general consensus on Aldi nappies? Are they worth it?

Viv - Are you coming tomorrow?

so far i have no complaints about aldi naps. they are cheap $15 for 50 regardless of size. made in belgium and seem to have all the features of huggies. i'll stick with these because of the dramas i've had with flawed huggies.

i phoned them and told them to bash it - they'll send me replacements but i'll never buy them again. did i tell you guys about the massive piece of glue/latex that i found the full length of the nappy leak guard? not to mention another pack with hard clumps and another with a black foreign object.

for a premium nappy they're not doing quality control very well. part of my duty as a mother is to ring them and whinge, which i have done. i don't want to have to check every nappy of every pack for dodgy things in them.

what if i put one on james in the night and it had something dangerous in it??

bring on the aldi i say.

may come tomorrow, not sure...

Hey everyone....it's been a few days!

I'm so drained....Max wants to feed every 2 hours ATM (only during the day thank goodness) and not sleeping very long stints....SIGH!

Take care all....there he goes AGAIN!! grrrrrrrr

Trish - OK, so if he is waking at 6.30pm/7.00pm does that mean you've put him down again for a sleep at about 4.30pm? So just done that evening sleep as a day sleep kinda thing? Hmmm, not sure if I'd prefer that or not but will consider it for sure...I kinda like him to be in bed by 6pm. It gives me an hour or so to eat dinner with DH and DD and then get her in bed. Then I have a few hours to myself (usually spent on here! LOL) and with DH. If I want to go to bed before his 10pm feed, I just wake him at 9pm or 9.30pm or whatever time it is. Didn't have much success with a dream feed for DD so too scared to interrupt this big block of sleep in case it goes pear shaped and he doesn't do it later on!

Aldi nappies - although we're moving into cloth (always planned to, just took longer than expected!) I highly rate their nappies. I think they're just as good, if not better than huggies and other cheaper brands like snugglers, baby love etc don't even come close.

**ETA: Trish, might get to test your routine out tonight after all. L still asleep from his 4pm nap - he would usually be heading to bed about now but MIL had the kids this afternoon while I went to the drs and she couldn't get him to go down (I think she was trying to hold him to sleep? my fault, will have to run her through our sleep routine at some stage, she's the only baby sitter I've got). So he won't be going down till at least 7/7.30pm tonight. Will be interesting to see what happens...
    Last edited by Willow; February 6th, 2008 at 05:03 PM.

Willow - Yep, I usually put him down around 4:30pm (give or take half an hour) and we have one more wake time after that. If you're happy with the way you've been doing it then don't change it!! It's all about how it suits you and your family. I don't mind K being up in the early evening, otherwise DH would never see him! Good luck tonight with a different routine! Sometimes it takes bubs a while to adjust to a change though. K has been having exactly 1 hour naps today, so frustrating!

Julia - You poor thing, you sound so tired!

Viv - You sound like a bit of a sposie expert! BTW I saw your new pics on FB (I'm not stalking you, it showed up on my home page lol!) and you look stunning! I can't believe you were on a billboard!! It makes me feel like such a frump when I look at your pics! Would you ever get James into modelling?

Becky - I reckon Aldi nappies are sensational!

Kim - GL at the party on the weekend, it sounds like it will be a bit of an ordeal with the two girls! You could always just make an appearance if you have to (that's what I do sometimes!).

hi everyone,
    went to the mums and bubs movie session today... it was good and Tahlia was very well behaved

Aldi nappies - I had nothing but problems with them! I guess different nappies fit the different butts differently, so what is the best for one will be the worst for another! I've found Huggies are the only ones to fit Tahlia well.

Melb gals - are we still on for Sunday? its going to be 26 degrees so should be a perfect day!

Also said 'rain clearing'...so i hope it dont rain Kellie!!

Sunday will depend how Saturday night goes for us now....

Aldi nappies... hate them on Jasmine!!!

Viv i 2nd your pics on FB....very nice..the wedding dress ones are awesome!

Hi everyone.
    Had another shocker of a night. Hopefully Ethan sleeps well tonight.

For all of you who were chatting about cloth nappies yesterday I thought you might like to know I got a whole bunch of Bum Gs and I think they are fantastic. They fit really well and I have not had a single leak. I put an extra insert in at night and it lasts all night. I tried a few different types (borrowed from a friend) and I found this was the best.

LizzysMum Guest

HI All,

Re the Magicalls, we love them here too. We have about 6, a good friend of mine is the local Baby Beehinds rep

I am not a pocket person, could never do them, they always leaked

I am loving my Itti Bitti Delish at the moment, they are awesome. Also supercute are the Honeyboys and Bubblebubs. Still loving our fitteds though, so reliable. I am using alot of mine and also loving the Cute Tooshies Bamboo Delights, what a great nappy! I think I may have hit the 100 mark in my stash - is that wrong? ROFL!!

I have a new addiction - Mei Tais. I have made one and am now addicted. They are so easy to use, Amara fell asleep in hers yesterday - too cute! I am now dreaming of all the beautiful fbaric combos I can make. What on earth will I do with them all though?

Speaking of which why am I here instead of sewing???

Nite,

Alz - great to hear you like the BumGs too, haven't found anyone yet who doesn't! Going to order some myself very soon if DH will let me! Good to hear they work well overnight if you boost them too. Can't wait to get some.

Trish - well, put him down at about 7.30pm and he took a while to settle. He was quiet for about half an hour then started grizzling. Was completely out of his wrap and laying sideways half way up his cot! Ended up giving him a top up feed and he went straight down, so we'll see how he goes....

Viv- I 3rd the pics on FB, you look fantastic in them.

I'm still on for Sunday, I need to pick up my stash of items from Tirsh lol.
    (11:30am?)

sorry real quick post b4 i give Ty his last feed and hopefull we all sleep all night!
    Trish- boys have been a bit of a hand full today. Nix is cutting one of his 2yr molars poor thing. Tyron well im trying to work out what formula etc is best for him, he is really spewy without the thicker one but with it gets constipated. I might try giving him some zantac again i havent given it to him for a while because he seemed to be going ok with reflux but he's gone a step backward.

still doing tupperware but actually last week i had 3 parties re schedule and a few more for next week, i was a bit bummed out but kinda needed a bit of a break anyway so i can take a breather!

OMG today was exactly one year since i found out i was pregnant! DH was away (gee again lol) and i was hoping to test on V.Day with a good result but couldnt wait.... i couldnt beleive it when the ever so faint 2nd line came up at just 6DPO!! from then i think i did about 1000 tests just to be sure lol!

You never forget that nervous, excited, emotional moment when you see that second line do you!

Good night mums & bubs
    Last edited by nickers; February 6th, 2008 at 09:20 PM.

becky Guest

*** WARNING - HORROR STORY!! DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE EATING!**

OMG, I do not even know where to start! Sorry guys but this is gross..... ok

I got home from Mums today, set Liam up watching his favourite DVD, and lay Chelsea down on her playmat, while I ran around unpacking the car and bits etc. So I keep checking them every nwow and then, all is fine. About 10 minuts later, they are still quiet, so I go in to pick up Chels to give her her bottle. OMG!!!! She has poo everywhere!!! One of those leaking type disgusting ones had exploded out of the top of the nappy, and it is EVERYWHERE!! Ok, when I say everywhere, I mean, ALL over the playmat and all over Chelsea!! She has her hands in it, (and here is the gross bit), and guess where her hands spend most of their time?? IN HER MOUTH!!!! She has poo, literally ALL over her, including in her mouth!!! It was all over her face, her stomach her head, up her arms, and in her mouth! Im like, WTF do I do??? So I try mopping some of it up with a towel, then run as fast as I can to set up her bath so I can just get her in it. Then Liams standing there shouting that he wants more biscuits, and she has more poo on her again, and is smiling and laughing at me! For some reason, she is finding it funny, and completely enjoying herself!!! OMG. So anyway, I eventually get her cleaned up (and everything else), then I have time to actually think about what I had been doing, and oh god, do I feel sick. Poor little thing!
    So I was so worried about her tonight - whether she was going to be sick or not, but nup, she is as happy as larry!

Sorry everyone! Thought Id let ya in on my night! LOL
    Sorry about the Self centred post, hope everyone is having a better night than I did. LOL. Look forward to tomorrow! XX

OMG Becky.. i cannot help but laugh

Thats gross alright...Chels must think her poo's are top grub!!

becky Guest

LOL - I know, I cannot help but laugh now too, but at the time.... Eeeeeewwwwww! I felt sick for my poor little bubba. And yep, she must have been enjoyng something...... :P

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast