Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #17

Mo and anyone else that does MCN....if you go onto eBay atm and do a search for baby beehinds you will find the old style nappies (they have new pocket AIO now) for $15 each FREE postage...my girls are gunna have new nappy butts now...woohoo! I got 10

Still use my own ones tho...as well as good ol' BBH

Haven't read through yet... but wanted to quickly post.

Kim - have you seen the BBH MagicAlls?? These are an AIO, but not a pocket - not easy to add extra to them and they don't hold a lot of liquid...

Just a real quickie as I need to get some sleep!!... I have read through the posts... SO many of them!! Of course now I can't remember anything I wanted to say, lol.

Sorry to hear so many of you struggling... hope things improve for you! Growth spurts/teething??

Kaylee's teething pain has been a bit on and off since Thursday, when we even had some blood ... Doubt it is related, but I have had a horrid headache on and off since Thursday too.

Mum and I went to see 27 dresses tonight, tight-a.s. Tuesday, great movie!

Right bed is calling...

Think it was my turn for a bad night, Maddi went down at 8pm then awoke at 11:30pm & wouldn't go back down till 3:30m, then she woke up at 8am.

Thanks for the heads-up Kim

Glad you enjoyed the movie Peta

Kim - thanks for the BBH heads up, I'm gonna go have a look.

Trish - so glad Joel had a good day at kinder!! I would have died if DD cried when I left her, you're a lot braver than me! They do say it only takes a few minutes for them to calm down after mummy's gone though. I've been lucky so far, we'll see how she goes this week.

Mo - sorry to hear you had such a bad night! Comes as a bit of shock when you're not used to it!

Peta - glad you enjoyed the movie, have been wanting to see it myself but I think I'll wait for the DVD! Can't imagine going out to the movies at the moment.

Well we finally had a pretty decent night. Slept mostly in 4.5-3 hourly blocks again which I can totally handle. Went to bed at 6pm, woke at 10.30pm, 1.30am and then had a bit of a glitch where he woke at 3.30am, ended up feeding him then he slept till 6.00am. Fed him and put him back down and we only got up about 20 mins ago! So a big improvement but still looking forward to him dropping a feed somewhere in there! I heard him stir once but then he put himself back to sleep so maybe I need to stop rushing in there as soon as I hear him wake at night, but I always worry he'll wake DD and I definitely don't need both of them awake in the middle of the night!

Peta they are the Magic-Alls on the eBay site
    I already had 1 (wow..big spender wasnt i) but now have 10 more. I got 4 Mediums and 6 larges.

Bummer you had a bad night Mo.....but glad ur night was a bit better Willow!

Willow glad you had a better night, my night wasn't soo bad she barely cried, she just wouldn't sleep at all.
    Kim does the Magic-all you have work well?

Mo i love my Magic-All....works well, have had a few leaks when its gotten to wet but was in the early stages when i first got it. Had a leak the other day but not sure why....possibly didnt put it on right or something..but they are good all the same. I wish they hadnt phased them out, but i wanna give the new pocket AIO a go now.

I love pocket nappies...fav being the Green Kids ones!

I plan on buying some more types next week. Will keep an eye for Green kids, So far my Bum G fits Maddi the best.
    The Micro Doodlez (AIO) fit's Maddi better than the original, The original seems to be too big for her still
    Just waiting on my Berry Plush nappies now & i want to order a Starbunz Fleece/PUL Pocket, they look so cute.

Ive not used the originals on Chelsea...only Micro.

Not tried Bum G or Berry Plush. Not heard of Starbunz before?

Morning everyone!

Had a good night with K, but both boys decided to start the day at 6:30am, yuck!

Willow - So glad you had a better night last night! This is probably a dumb question, but do you try to resettle your DS instead of feeding him o'night? I'm sure you do, but thought I'd ask! I started resettling K instead of feeding him a while ago and eventually he got the idea and slept through instead of waking. Another thought, have you tried giving him a bit more wake time in the evening instead of putting him down for the night at 6pm? This may help him sleep a bit better and longer for you at night. Even if you just get him up for a bath/feed/bed again? I don't know, just trying to think of things that might help! Sorry if I'm being a pain lol!

Mo - Sorry your night wasn't so good. Hopefully Maddi will sleep better for you tonight.

Peta - Glad you got to have a night out at the movies! It's nice to get out sometimes.

Saffi - LOL, yep there really is a Fountain Gate! That's where they film Cath & Kim shopping. Apparently they used to film it at Southland shopping centre, but on the show called it Fountain Gate. Lots of Fountain Gate people complained so they started filming it at the real place lol! Fountain Lakes is a fictional suburb though. Really nicely said about everyone in here doing a great job! I totally agree

alz - I hope you had a better night with Ethan last night!

Amber - So nice to see you in here again, I've missed your posts! It's hard when your friends don't have bubs, you tend to lose contact with people. Do you have a mothers group? I found it a great way to make new friends who understood what I was going through!

Nic - (aka Supermum lol!) How's it going without your DH around? Are your gorgeous boys behaving for you? Do you have any Tupperware parties to do atm? I got one of those great sandwich containers and it keeps the bread so fresh! I love Tupperware, I wish I had lots of money so I could go nuts and buy heaps!

Becky - I sympathise with you about putting Liam into daycare! It was so hard for me yesterday, but I feel great now knowing he had fun after I left. He is growing up *sob*

Hope everyone has a great day! Not much on for me, just boring old housework...

boomba - man, i hear that whole thing. my non-baby friends 'tried' in the beginning but usually wanted to do things at short notice, or the day he had his needles or when we'd not had any sleep (most of the time), and they've given up. we talk on facebook and that's about it. sucks turds.

last night was the worst in ages. he trucked on awake between 2 and 6pm so we put him to 'big bed' an hour earlier. i dreamfed at 9.30 but pig-o-saurus woke at 12.30 (and spewed, and leaked a nappy and wouldn't go back to sleep until close to 2am), then he woke at 3.30 and again at 6am. seems like the night for the babies to get up and party. i'm beside myself with sleep dep today.

trish - i have tried resettling at night but piggie gets beside himself, so i'm pretty sure it must be food. if it is a leaked nappy, for example, by the time i've changed him, he's got food on the brain again. i will assume for today's sanity that this is just a 4-day thing, like what K did the other week... but still, you never know with this boy. he trucked on through from 6am to 9am this morning without sleeping too.

he's really fuggin testing me at the mo. thank god he's so cute because i'd go nanas otherwise.

i just cut my knee on the bloody desk cupboard. gah!!!

Viv - Yeah, you definitely know when they're hungry, they're good a telling you that! It is so bizarre that everyone is going through this atm! I really hope this phase passes for you soon too, it really really really sucks. What nappies are you using o'night? Do you think the leaks are waking him up? Have you tried the Aldi nappies yet? I've had no o'night leaks yet. *sending sleepy vibes to James*

Trish - if he wakes earlier than 3 hourly (ie 1.5-2.5 hours since his last feed) then yes, I try to resettle him. If he doesn't resettle within say 20 mins on and off, I figure he is hungry, it's easier and quicker to feed him than resettle him in the middle of the night, for my own sanity if anything else at this stage. I don't know how other people see it, but I think it's very normal for a B'fed baby to feed overnight up until 6 months, so not really pushing it with a 3 month old baby, KWIM? I honestly don't expect him to sleep through for a few months yet, but I DO expect him to be doing longer stretches at night with one or two feeds, and hopefully really bl**dy soon!! I am getting to the stage though that I am going to let him grizzle for a bit when he wakes, see if he manages to settle himself back to sleep. It's hard though cause I don't want him to wake DD. By about 4 months I will be looking at resettling rather than feeding much more than I am now. So that's only a few weeks away.

The other thing is, if i'm resettling instead of feeding at night, I don't think he'd be having enough feeds? He only has about 4 during the day and I think they're still supposed to be having at least 6 at this age aren't they?

I have a question for you - how long to do aim to keep K in bed? Not the sleeps where he is sleeping well, but the awful ones where you have to resettle? ie I've noticed over the last few days since I've started letting him grizzle a bit to see if he will self settle back to sleep before I go in, that if he does self settle, or if he settles with me popping his dummy back in that he will go back to sleep, but then it usually only ends up being an 1.5 hour sleep, the last 1/2 hour is spent with him crying and crying and me hanging over his cot trying to resettle him. Just wondering if it's worth pushing for that half hour? I'm pretty sure when I took DD to sleep school they told me 1.5 - 2 hours was acceptable at this age. I know that he will NEVER sleep for 3 hours at a time during the day now, those days are gone.

Also - what do you do with K in the evenings? We have our last sleep of the day, he usually wakes at about 4.30pm then has a feed, play, bath, massage, top up then bed. He will sleep through then till 10/10.30pm so I don't really want to wake him during that time to feed and bath him, I don't know how it would work??

And of course you're not being a pain!!! You've helped me keep my sanity over the last 13 weeks, and I'm very grateful for that!
    Last edited by Willow; February 6th, 2008 at 11:18 AM.

Good morning everyone! We had a FANTASTIC night last night!! Back to normal. Thank you thank you thank you thank you for all the suggestions about wrapping her in a cot sheet!! It worked!! She slept from 615 until 130! and was unwrapped then, I rewrapped her, fed her put her to bed and she woke again at 610! She was working her hand out so I think that was what woke her - took her to bed with me and DH and she slept (a bit restless) until my alarm went off at 720. DH's alarm went off at 630 and she didnt even stir! So tonight I will try the angel wrap thingy Mo suggested and see how we go.
    Trish- Thanks I did get one from ebay so I will see how we go.
    Boomba - thanks so much for the offer. I will see how the one that I got from ebay goes and if it works ok I will take you up on the offer.
    I know what you mean too about your friends. The girls that I work with are fantastic and very supportive however, the eldest lady I work with is 46 and her kids are grown. The next eldest is me then a 22 yr old and then a young girl who has yet to turn 21. And thats it. Of course they invite me out often but its to the pub for a bender and with DH working most days it is unfair for me to leave her with him when he has to get up at 630 to go to work. Plus - its not like I would be able to sleep off a hangover! I just cant imagine having a hangover with a crying baby - ooooooooo. I dont really miss my "old life" as such. I do miss having my friends from Townsville around. One of them is pregnant right now and is full of questions for me and I would love to be able to be there for her and of course I can't - except by phone, email and belly belly!
    Becky- We are moving again at the end of this year - maybe Mackay or Bundaberg. They are still smallish places but not as small as Cloncurry! And we still dont know exactly when -but civilisation here I come!!!
    Saffi- me too!! I can handle about 2 glasses before I fall asleep in front of the tv!! I did have a beer or two after work on Friday with the staff here. DH was cranky at me cause I was home late. Something wrong with my phone and he didnt get my message!

Morning all

Yeah, it must have been the night 'cos L was up twice as well. Fed him one time and then just a dummy crisis the second time. Up at 6am. Tried to have a short nap when he went down at 8am but by the time I expressed it was 8.45 and no sooner had I laid my head down than he was up and demanding attention. Just gone down again, but now I am totally awake.

Noticed L is lying more on his side now when he sleeps. I still wrap him but that doesn't seem to deter him. Noticed that his dummy is staying in more too, probably 'cos his mouth is close to the mattress. Not too worried, but should I be?

Still struggling with the BF. My supply is ok I think - tend to get up to 140mls when I express, mind you takes an hour to get that. I think I have it all out of whack. By expressing I drain myself, but 'cos it takes so long to do he is often up soon after and demanding a feed. I then don't have any BM for him or offer him the boob and he fusses and carries on, so give him the EBM and sometimes formula. Tell ya, I am getting over this BF stuff.

Forgetful new mums have been vindicated. Just saw on the news that 80% of pregnant women experience forgetfulness when presented with new or challenging information. This can then last for a year after birth, thought to be due to hormones and sleep deprivation. Do any of you find that you can't remember later on exactly the time you get up to bubs overnight even tho you look at the clock? I do!

Anyway, still in my pjs, so better take advantage of his nap time.

Looking forward to seeing all the Brissy girls tomorrow.

Willow - I'm with you on the feeding o'night instead of mucking around trying to settle them for too long! Sometimes it is just quicker and easier to feed K, I really kick myself sometimes that I didn't just feed him in the first place. You're right, BF babies can take a while to sleep through the night and it sounds like you are more than happy to feed him three hourly which is great! The reason I asked is because you said he slept from 6pm until 10:30pm which is a great block of sleep and I thought it would help you if he used up that big block when you are sleeping too! In the evenings Kieran wakes up around 6:30 - 7pm so I give him a feed, playtime and a bath. He goes back to bed at around 7:30/8pm and I give him a dreamfeed at 9:30pm. I usually don't hear from him again until around 4:30 - 5am. I'd love him to sleep longer (Joel did at this age), but at least I am getting a decent block of sleep myself! You really just have to do what works for your and your bub at the end of the day. What works for one doesn't necessarily work for another. Anyway, I think you are doing marvelously! With all the effort you are putting in your DS will be a super-sleeper before you know it

Rebecca - Hooray for a great night! I'm so glad the cot sheet did the trick! Let me know what you think of the Angelwrap when it arrives. If it works well I might look into getting one too.

Saffi - Ugh, another mum with a bad night, I know how it feels! I personally wouldn't be that worried about L's side sleeping, it sounds all good to me. You are doing such a fantastic job with all your expressing, I really think you deserve a medal!!

am onto the Aldi nappies at the mo. he is in the 7-16kg ones. they are physically a big nappy on him but he has no worries filling them with goodies for mummy.

the leaks come from his movements, i believe. he rolls around a lot, puts his legs up the side of the cot with his bum right up, so i doubt the nappy can keep up. the early leak this morning was after 3 hours sleep and he had absolutely stacked it to capacity. sigh. i suppose if he's having more feeds he's going to have more... shall we say... output?

i'm pretty happy with the aldi naps. will have to get a box of 4-9kg ones for day. the width of these big sized ones concern me (don't want to bow his little legs).

i pray for a decent sleep tonight.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast