Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #17

eeewww.... yuk! I would have been freaking out!

Yippee for me! I just got tickets to Michael Buble!

Morning everyone!

Becky - Ugh, that is soooo gross! I would have freaked out too!

Kellie - Yay for Michael Buble tickets! When is he coming out?

Nic - I can't believe you got a +HPT so early last year! I found out I was pg on the 16th of Feb. I'd had a miscarriage the month before so it didn't feel as exciting when I got my BFP, but I was happy all the same.

Willow - How'd L go last night? I had a dodgy night! K woke at 2am for a feed, he just wouldn't resettle so I fed him, then he woke again at 5am. I tried to feed him and he just screamed and screamed. I have no idea what was going on there. I calmed him down for 5 minutes and he fed again. Not feeling to great today I can tell you!

Will be back on later, got lots to do!

Trish - not till June... I think our pregnancies were mirrors of each other.. I also got my 1st positive test on the 16/2 (i remember clearly, cause it was the day after my mums bday), same due dates and same actual arrival dates!

LOL that's spooky Kellie!

Morning everyone

I'm typing with Max on my lap

Becky that is a hillarious story....she probably got some immunity for herself eating her own poop!!

I think I found out I was preg on the 5th Feb....it was the day after I'd been at the Perth Big Day Out!! I know that Max was also conceived on the 12th Jan...and born on 12th of Oct! I cried when I found out I was preg coz it was not planned and DH and I weren't married or anything...so a bit scary! I was still happy though coz it was something I had always wanted, and I knew that I wanted to be with DH for always so it just cemented everything

Well....Perth FINALLY got some rain! For the first time this year. It's fantastic. I can actually open up the house and let some cool air in! YAY Max is even wearing his 'easysuit' for the first time...I didn't think he'd be able to wear it coz it had been so hot! Don't know why they call it an easysuit though...it's not that easy to put on a wriggling baby!

I think Max is going to be sitting up by himself soon.....He seems really strong when he sits with me and is pulling himself up in his car seat....such a clever boy! He still doesn't roll though!!....so cute, he is watching me type!! I think he wants a turn!

Well after my 2 hourly feeding most of the day yesterday, he slept (almost) all night...with one feed at 2am....night before last he went through and I had HUGE milk jugs in the morning! His poo's are back to every day now too so that makes him a lot happier!

Anyway....I'm talkative so really should stop before they need to start another one...AGAIN! I'm going to the dentist today so need to get ready for that....gotta pluck my eyebrows....they are hideous!

Talk to you later everyone....sorry for no personals

LOL sorry that is gross but i had to laugh too OMG!! you know as i was reading (seings u warned it was gross) i was thinking maybe Liam did a poor and smeared it everywhere including Chelsea! so atleast that didnt happen, see it could have been worse!

that is spooky you two, found out same date, same EDD and same bday geez! what times where they born again? i just looked up my sms' and i think Tahlia was the eager one at 430am in the morning wasnt she!

actually i just looked in last yrs diary and it was the 8th i had my first HPT and it was 7DPO, still very early! i remember then freaking out thinking maybe im having twins to get a line so early lol and Mini Max, i found out i was pg whilst DH was in Perth working on BDO!
    Last edited by nickers; February 7th, 2008 at 11:09 AM.

Becky - you poor thing. I would have freaked out too. Thanks for the story though. I haven't laughed that hard in ages. You cheered my miserable day up.

Sorry girls but I am going to have another whinge. I am so over Ethan and his fussy feeding. Every couple of weeks (when feeding seems to be going ok) he starts to fuss again. This morning he would only drink 10mls!!!!! He hadn't fed for 4 hours. What's the go? I ended up tricking him by putting his dummy in for about 20min and then whipping it out and stuffing the bottle in. I am so frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought we would have feeding sorted out by 4 months.

Sorry needed to say that.

How is everyone today? It is a miserable day here in syd so I suppose that is contributing to my carpy mood. GGGGRRRRR

Alz.... Max is being a fussy feeder too.....try having them tugging at your nipple instead!!! It's like they think THEY own it!!!

Max feeds....suck...suck....suck....then CRY....so I pull him off, then he makes his legs all straight so he can lie back down like he wants more....suck...suck...CRY....blah blah! I trick him my swapping him over constantly!!

I'm sure they are still getting enough!

Nickers - yep, Tahlia was first, 4.37am, I think Kieran was later in the evening from memory.... maybe they are so alike that they will get married! lol

just took Tahlia to the doc... shes got a yukky red rash on her neck under her roll, and its a little bit infected, so i've got a cream to put on it 3 times a day

Off to mothers group this arvo... a speech therapist is coming to speak to us, so that should be interesting
    Last edited by ~kellie~; February 7th, 2008 at 11:28 AM.

Trish - We had an OK night, same as usual but everything was pushed back an hour so instead of waking at 10/10.30pm for his feed, he woke at 11.20pm My fault, should have done a dream feed before I went to bed. He then woke at about 2.00am and again at 5.20am then back to bed till 8am (with some resettling though, wanted him to have a sleep in so he wouldn't be tired for the preschool drop off). Seeing that he stuck to the same pattern, I think he still needs his night feeds so will put off trying to resettle instead of feed till he is closer to 4 months. That's when I started with DD and that went OK from memory. Besides that, have enough resettling during the day! Little man is tired and should go down now but we have to go and pick DD up at 1pm so not much point putting him down for 1/2 hour. Hope he doesn't get overtired though.

Bit different for us - L was conceived on 29th January in a petri dish in a lab in Maroubra! LOL! He was popped back in 2 days later. Pretty amazing to have seen see my boy when he was just a cluster of cells...

Bugger, he's just done a poo in his Baby Kanga! I only just put it on him...ah well...better go change him and head off to pick DD up.

I got my positive on my HPT on Feb 1st, then i did 4 more plus a blood test because i just didn't believe it.

Becky that is soooooo gross, but funny.

Oh Becky that is a bit yukky - but still funny!! Hope Chels is ok!
    Julia - Caitlyn is the same. She wants to sit up all the time - and stand! She pulls herself up when she is in her car seat and when she is lying on my knees. She still doesnt roll either but then again she HATES tummy time and doesnt spend much time lying down anyway - my little girl is such a sticky beak!!
    I went to get her from Daycare yesterday and she was down in the toddlers room, sitting in a swing, watching all the bigger kids run around. HUGE smile on her face, giggling the works.
    Willow- My little one was conceived on the 29th Jan too - my 30th Birthday (DH says that that present makes up for all the ones he has/will miss!) Born a little earlier than your little bubby tho!
    I didnt even realise that I was late actually so I didnt do a HPT. However, DH noticed I was late and brought one home after work one day and told me to do it the next morning. I didnt really think it would happen so soon (off OCP Aug 06 but DH was working away ALOT and not much happening in the bedroom when he was home!) and so put it off and off. Then when I figured out I was late....I did it. RAng him and told him - he gave out the biggest yahoo and cheer and I could hear him telling the guys that he worked with that he was going to be a daddy!
    Oh well - I am at work again and I really should look at doing some. Boss gets back on Tuesday - want my desk cleared by then! will prolly still pop back in shortly anyway - gotta keep up with the goss!!!

Oh meant to also say - Little Miss C is back to her FANTASTIC sleeping habits (sorry - not trying to rub it in to anyone having troubs right now). Slept from 630 till 3 last night then 330 till 6 then bought her to bed with me and DH and we woke at 7!!! YAY Am starting to feel human again! I LOVE COT SHEETS!!!!

Cant remember when i got BFP...

The joys of AF being late

It's amazing how in a year we have gone from having a bunch of 'lil cells inside to having a gorgeous little smiling human being! Life is so miraculous.

Yay, K had a two hour nap earlier, I think we are back to normal after our dodgy nap day yesterday! Both boys are asleep now so I am enjoying some "me" time.

Rebecca - I'm so glad the cot sheet is still doing the trick for you and Caitlyn! Sounds like she is having a great time in DC!!

Willow
    - It sounds like your little man is HUNGRY! Typical boy . I reckon that's why I only get 7 hours max overnight with K. Joel was doing about 10 hours o'night by this stage, but he wasn't nearly as big and fat as K! They really like to keep stocked up our boys! BTW that is so amazing that you got to see your DS in cell form!!!

Kellie - Kieran was born at 9:41pm so Tahlia is his senior! Hee hee, it would be cute if they got married, they have so much in common lol! I hope Tahlia's rash clears up soon. Have fun at mother's group!

alz - My first DS became a really fussy feeder when he hit 4 months, apparently it is very common at that age. How old is Ethan now? I think you've just got to persevere and they get through it. Unfortunately I didn't have any b'feeding resourses back then so I was topping my DS up with formula, he ended up weaning at 6 months. If the same thing happens with Kieran at 4 months I'll be asking Barb in the Breastfeeding Support section what to do!

Julia - Our boys sound like they were identical yesterday! K fed 2 hourly most of the day and he woke at 2am this morning for a feed! I wish they could tell us what was going on sometimes.

Just a quick question - how do you all bath your bubs? I normally run a bath with almost enough water for me and both Caitlyn and I go in it. I have always had a prety shocking back so leaning over the tub to bath her is not a great option (just dressing her on our bed is bad enough - spec with all this excess weight!). We did use the baby bath with her change table for a while but now she is too long for it.

I dont bath...Jasmine showers with Craig. She isnt a fan of the bath wat so ever. So since about 4-5 weeks old she had showers. She *might* have a bath if im home alone, only cos i cant shower with her then get her dried while im dripping wet too.

OMG Becky!... At least she wasn't screaming. We haven't had any poo incedents yet, touch wood.

Julia - max sounds a bit likie Kaylee, I think she is close to sitting up too, but totally not interested in rolling over.

Bathing - we have a little seat/recliner thingie that Kaylee lies in, in the bath - I have uploaded a pic to my photo gallery... Kaylee LOVES the bath

I think links to things on BB is ok, so here is the link:
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...60/ppuser/9944

As for the fussing feeding, it may be related to teething - I was told sucking increases the blood flow to their gums, which increases the pain/inflammation... may be totally unrelated, but thought I would mention it.

Kaylee has had a very grizzly day, when she's not sleeping - she just wants to be cuddled, doesn't want to play and fussy when eating. she is asleep now, but only after lots of screaming and some neurofen. We're supposed to on our way to mother's group now, but with the day she has had I don't want to wake her

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast