Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #18

Happy valentines day Hee hee dont think this will be happening in our house but will see?

thanks for all your support girls! Last night was better and I feel like a new woman! Myles slept from about 7:30 to 3am, then was up for a bit for a feed then back down till about 6am! It was so nice not having to get up every couple of hours! Lets hope this keeps going!

Probably should start getting ready going to the Big W baby sale today to start getting some winter stuff!

Hope you all get spoilt today! xo

Amber glad you feel better today & wtg Myles on the excellent sleep last night.
    Have fun shopping

Mo - Re: the rocker - You can get rockers that are suitable up to two years of age. Baby Bjorn have one called the Babysitter and Valco have one that is identical (I just don't know what it is called). They are expensive new, but you could probably pick one up second hand from eBay. Otherwise you could try her in a baby swing or get her a highchair that has a reclining seat so she can sit in that. Sorry you're not feeling well either . I've heard of quite a few people in Melb who seem to have a bug.

Amber - I am so glad to hear you had a good night last night!! It really makes all the difference doesn't it? Hope you pick up some bargains today!

Julia - Thanks so much for your lovely comments. It really cheered me up this morning while I was feeling a bit teary! I needed some nice words right about then!!

Becky
    - I find Joel's speech is better after he has been around people other than me too! It's weird isn't it? They must have the ability and try a bit harder with others. They know that we understand them no matter what they say or how they say it!

Saffi - How did you go with L last night?

Kellie - K isn't slightly interested in rolling either!

jas - Welcome! We are a chatty, friendly bunch in here. Tell us more about your DD!

Celtic good luck with Ryans needles today!
    Jas Welcome to our group! Do you have Facebook? We have a mums group that meets up every month from bellybelly if you wanted to join, you can pm me your details!
    Mo not sure what type or rocker you clould get but am so glad your not going to get a walker! I cannot believe they still sell those things! Whata about a jolly jumper? We were a bit worried at first but Myles loves it! And Big W have them on sale this week!

Kim where are you? Hope your ok!

The boys calling BBL! x

Happy Valentines Day All! Dont think I'll be getting anything, but you never know. Usually on Valentines Day we get takeaway and go to the beach, but not this year! Its too cold in Melbourne today for the beach... what happened to Summer???

Mo - what about a bumbo seat? They are in the Big W catalogue this week too

Amber - I'm also going to the Big W sale, some of that Bonds kids stuff is so cute! Can't get there till tonight cause I've got Mothers Group so hopefully there will be stuff left! They've got boxes of Huggies nappies for under $30 too

Happy 4 months to Tyron!!

Thanks Trish, Amber & Kellie
    Amber we have a jolly jumper but we have no where for it to go in the kitchen which is a shame because Maddi loves it.

Morning girls - happy valentines day!! Just another day in our house....

Trish - sorry you had a bad night, I feel your pain!! Did the hammock help at all? We didn't have a terrible one, but this boy just won't sleep through a feed!! He wants to feed 3 hourly around the clock. *sigh* not sure what to do. Might call the ABA or parents helpline and see what they have to say about it. Thinking this boy might be on solids before 6 months at this rate...

Mo - we brought L one of those activity centre thingos. You sit them in the seat like a walker, but it's stationary, it doesn't move but the chair spins around so they can play with all the little toys on it. Hmmm, not describing this very well - ours is called Bounce Baby Bounce (maybe google it) or something and we got it in the toy sales last year, I'm pretty sure Big W would have something similar.

Amber - wtg on the big sleep myles!! I think it will be a minor miracle if DS ever sleeps that long...

Becky - soooo glad that L had a great day at daycare!! They often surprise you when you least expect it. I've noticed with DD that her speech can improve a mile in a week. Not sure how or why it happens.

Am hoping to get L some Bonds stuff for winter at the Big W sale but will have to wait and see how the budget is....not liking my chances! LOL. We've got a whole heap of gift vouchers for him from xmas, but they're all coles myer ones - doh!

Mo - we have the BabyBjorn sitter that Trish was talking about. I am happy with it. So far it is just a bouncer but when he gets older it will become a seat for him. It cost $200 but considering it will be used for at least another few years I think it is worth it. I'm all for versatility.
    Trish - thanks for asking. Up at 1.15, 4, 5.15 and finally at 7. Was able to settle him the first couple of times and then he went straight back to sleep after the 5am feed, so not too bad, just disruptive to a goodnight sleep for me. Sorry to hear you had another bad night, especially when you are feeling poorly yourself.
    Amber - happy to hear Myles was kinder to you last night.

Happy 4 months Tyron!

Didn't know about the Big W sale. I have the car today, so I might go over to Garden City before I pick DH up from work.

Valentine's Day - I plan to get some choccies and some strawberries while I am out and have a special meal tonight. DH was planting big kisses on L before he even kissed me this morning. I've been replaced!!!!!

L is down for a sleep after screaming all the way home from DH's work (30 min drive). Hopefully he will be down for a few hours at least.

Thats it for now.

Morning all!!! Wow we are a talkative bunch - there is so much for me to catch up on!
    Willow Sorry to hear about the stress you are having with your little ones head - am sure everything will be just fine!! Keep your chin up!
    Becky Really glad L went well at daycare. Its a relief isnt it!!
    Saffi I got my little sleeping bag for C off ebay! Its such a bright pink!! We are trying her in it on Saturday night. Rain? In Cloncurry?? Ha ha ha No really we had a few big storms but it was all just light and noise - barely any rain.
    Saffi & Kellie My cold has eased right off now - just really bad sinus pain now. Cant get into the Dr until next week and of course by then it will have passed. Might try and highjack the Dr when I take Caitlyn for her needles tomorrow. Ewwwwww
    Boomba I know exactly how you were feeling yesterday. I had a big cry on Monday and Tuesday afternoon and DH doesnt understand that when I say I am tired I dont JUST mean sleep deprived tired. I am drained after a full day! At least his day finishes when he comes home - my work continues. But he has started helping out a lot more - when he goes home for lunch (rare occurance) he sterilises the bottles.
    Celtic Caitlyn is taking a few feeds of Farex a day. Just a tablespoon or two at a time. She follows it up with a bottle still. But....she is still waking up during the night for a feed. Good luck with the needles today - am taking Caitlyn tomorow - DH probably cant make it this time so will be doing it on my own this time.
    Jas As you can see we are a very talkative bunch. Welcome to the chattiest group on bellybelly (well I think so anyway!!)
    Mo What about one of those activity centres? Is maddi trying to put some weight on her legs? C loves the one at daycare! They stuff it with a towel so that she doesnt flop around so much and she can bear weight if she wants and sit if she wants. She LOVES to look around! I too would love to get one - I have seen them on deals direct and babyzonedirect but the postage out here will throw the price way out for me - $65 for one! Am going to try to arrange a full day off so that I can go to the toystore in Mt Isa and have a look to see if they have one. Can't take C with me cause with her pram in the boot I wont fit the box!
    Anyway - am hating Cloncurry more and more every day! I havent been able to bathe C for the past couple of days cause our water is BROWN!! Some valve or something got stuck in the dam and (I dont know how it works) that has allowed dirt into the water. I bathed her the other day and forgot to let the plug out. Came bakc a few hours later and there is dirt sitting in the bottom of the tub - she doesnt get THAT dirty! Have to use bottled water to clean her bottles $$$$$$$, cant use tap water for anythign for her at the moment! FRUSTRATING!!
    Thats my rant for the day! She slept alright last night - just keeps getting put of her wrap and waking herself up - I just put her back and she drops off very quickly!
    Have a good day everyone MWAH

morning (almost afternoon) all.

was just reading about the 3 main things we're supposed to do to ward off this motherly anxiety:

1) drink water
    2) sleep
    3) exercise

dammit... why does it have to be the things i don't get time to do? *twitch* (except drink water)

about this activity thing. found james has outgrown (or rather outrolled) his baby einstein mat. he needs a wider area to roam now, so it looks like the mat is going on ebay. he had the back of his head on the fuggin tiles this morning!!! gah.

dh has set up a temporary paddock for him (constructed of blanket over doona on carpet). he loves to lie on his tummy and look at tv... acting like a little kid already it seems.

i like that flooring they have on bambini pronto (although it's $200 also).

my friend is giving me her jolly jumper for 40 bucks, so the little 'faux stander' will have something new to do... *boing boing boing*

i made love heart cookies with red m&ms and choc chips today. almost had too much anxiety to do it but decided i was being pathetic and just got in there and did it.

hungry pants is still hungry... at least he's having a good sleep.

it's so weird how they know when you're feeling boogedy and act up accordingly. he was screaming yesterday afternoon (when i was losing it) and stopped the minute DH got home and held him. it's a conspiracy i tells ya.

hope everyone is well and being nice to themselves this V Day

Thank-you everyone for all the ideas, we went & brought one of the Bumbo Seats for now, but when i get some more money will look at buying one of the activity centres they sound great.

wow you girls really do love to chat! lol
    My eldest dd is 2 her name is tiarna, my other dd is 4months-thats indiana
    Im in Mt Gravatt and id love to come along to one of your meet ups.
    I dont have facebook, also i still cant figure out how to pm on this website could someone tell me how please?

How rude of me, Welcome Jas.
    I think you need a certain number of posts before you can PM.

oh ok, well i better get posting then!

Well now i know what a bumbo seat is!! ha ha ha ha

time for a new thread everyone

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789