Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #18

Morning all, I am peering at my screen with bloodshot eyes atm. Had a pretty bad night last night. I fed Kieran at 2am then he woke again at 3:45am, wouldn't resettle so I fed him again, but then he was wide awake so it took me until 4:30am to get him calm enough to go to sleep. Dozed off for 10 minutes then Joel started up because he couldn't find his bunny. K was up again for the day at 7am. Needless to say I don't feel too flash right now!

DH tried to get me some thickener last night, but no one had any. The poor guy was driving around until 11pm trying to find some! I will try our chemist today.

Willow - Oh you poor thing. I wish I could help you in some way. That osteo sounds like no help, did she say what she thought was wrong with him? I wish I could fly you down to Melbourne and send you to our chiro, he is wonderful! Hopefully the sleep school will be able to give you some answers, a residential stay might just be worth it by the sounds of it. Have you taken L to a paediatrician? Maybe there is something bothering him which is keeping him from sleeping properly. IDK, I'm just trying to think of things that might help! My thoughts are with you today, come in here and talk whenever you need to, that's what we're all here for .

Saffi - Apparently it is very common for reflux to show itself at 3 months of age. The nurse said this is because their food intake is much larger at this age and this causes the reflux to flair up. She also said that I would have to treat him until he is 8-9 months of age and that it should disappear by the time he turns one.

Mo - How awesome your sister is having a boy! Is this her first bub? It would be cool if she had him early so he could share your b'day! How is Maddi now? Hope she is better for you today.

I hope everyone has a good day. Sending big hugs to all that need it!

Trish sorry you had such a bad night, Hope you find the thickener today & you have the best sleep ever tonight
    Hope everyone else got a decent night's sleep.

No it's her 5th.
    She has 2 girls & this will be her 3rd boy, My niece & i share the same b'day so we would both love to have him share it as-well.
    Maddi is almost back to her old self, whens she's not happy no one is happy.

Happy 4 months to Max and Amara

Mo - It will be nice for Maddi to have a cousin so close in age to her.

Slightly better night. L woke at 3am but managed to settle him. Up for a feed a 3.45am and then up at 4.45 and 5.45 for settling. He was totally coming out of his wrap. have just tried a cot sheet but it is way too big, so am trying just using it as a sheet.

Has anyone got anything planned for Valentine's Day? DH hasn't mentioned anything about going out, so might just get some chocolates to go with the champagne from my birthday and have the night at home.

Good morning all! Trish sorry you had a bad night. I know what its like and can sympathise completely.
    Our night last night wasnt so bad. She was up 3 times but at least it wasnt the 6-7 times she was up on Sunday night.
    We took a big step on Saturday that I forgot to mention (how forgetful am i!?). Well two steps actually. First one - she rolled!! I wasnt there to see it. I left her sitting on a lounge cushion on the floor of the loungeroom and I went to another room to feed and water the cat and she started crying. I thought to myself - she is just having a sook cause she cant see me so I let her go for a little while. Anyway - I went back into the loungeroom and she was on the floor! She would have had to roll onto her tummy first and then onto her back! Woohooo!! Am still yet to see it. The ladies at daycare said that they have seen her roll once.
    The other big step - farex! My little one had her first taste of solids on Saturday. She only had 2 little spoonfulls but she went alright with it. Mum said to add a tiny bit of vegemite to it....but am unsure about that! But - took the farex to daycare today and they can try her on it as well.
    That is one thing that i absolutely hate about putting her in daycare - they get to see things before I do. I feel like I am missing important steps in her development.
    Oh - DH apologised to me last night - suffice to say I was suitably shocked. He said that as soon as the words were out of his mouth he knew he shouldnt have said them. He just didnt know how to take them back. I got a big hug and told that I am a fantastic mum and he bought me chocolates - nice!
    I guess I had better head off and at least look like I am doing some work. Talk to you all later - hope you have a fantastic day!
    mwah

Hey again! Well, we went to the chiro and K's shoulder was out again. I have NO idea how it got out this time. I told him about the bad sleeping/reflux etc. and he seems to think it is related to the shoulder. He said because I am feeding him so frequently it is most likely causing the reflux. I am going to try and stretch his feeds out a bit more and see how we go. I was going to take him to the GP, but decided to try what the chiro suggested first and if I'm desperate I will make an appointment. He has gone down for his first nap now, if he sleeps for more than an hour I'll know he is improving again.

Mo - Wow, baby number 5!! What a champion your sister is! Glad Maddi is getting better for you.

Saffi - I completely forgot about Valentines Day until I just read your post! I don't think we'll be doing anything this year. I'm too exhausted to even think or care about it right now lol!

Rebecca - Hooray for Caitlyn rolling! What a clever little girl!! K only rolls to his side, I think with all his shoulder discomfort he hasn't tried very hard yet. He can wait as long as he likes as far as I'm concerned! I'm enjoying a child who stays in one place lol!

Hope everyone is well, I'm just trying to stay awake today...

Saffi, not doing anything here for V-Day.

Trish hope K's reflux gets better now the shoulder is fixed again.

Rebecca-Yay for C rolling.

Well it is very quiet in here today! I am at work and again am bored out of my brain!! Have been surfing all the forums in here and adding my 2 cents when I had something to say.
    Other than that there is absolutely nothing to report! Oh - my wisdom teeth are playing up and they are KILLING me.
    My friend back in townsville who is 19 weeks pregnant is going through a REALLY hard time with her partner going away and I feel COMPLETELY useless 800 km away unable to help at all.
    My old boss rang me this morning - first question he asked - when are you coming back home?! Ha ha ha
    When I left I thought he was happy to see the last of me - but supposedly the place has gone to pot! Staff are lazy and dont do what they are supposed to do - no direction. Doesnt help that most of them are under 20 years old (No offence to anyone under 20!) who have NO idea about work ethic! And I'm not saying everyone under 20 has no work ethic - just most of the ones that I have known.
    Oh well thats me for the day! MWAH

not doing anything for V day either, i will TRY and cook a nice meal but have a tupperware party in the morning so just see how i feel after that lol!
    Trish- have you found any thickener yet? My dh did the same thing one night a while back went to so many diff chemists trying to find it, i wonder why its not very well stocked? I dont have much left and actually trying to get Tyron off it now, he seems to be pooing a bit better and still spews but doesnt seem to bother him most times.

dh has gone away yet again, but home again tomorrow night. Im sick of feeling the way i do, i wake up feeling tired, i go to bed feeling tired, i just never feel good of late! dh shouldnt have to go away anymore after this time (for a while anyway) and just hoping we can get back into some sort of normality, but theni think we are house hunting, if we move blah blah it just never ends!

happy 4 months of Amara and Max!
    Way to go Caitlyn on rolling whoo hoo!!
    Mo great news for your sister and would be lovely if he is born on your birthday!

becky Guest

Nic - I am so sorry you are feeling like that. I really do hope it gets better for you soon! DH is going to the Iron Maiden concert today. Do you know if your hubby will be doing the KISS concert? DH is a HUGE fan, to the extent that he literally has a KISS room (floor to ceiling memorobilia!!) We will all be going.

no plans here for V-day. sigh.

james has been a wonder child again (phew). he seems to have one day on and one day off. yesterday he had 8 feeds... so weird. then he slept 10-5. pretty sweet. today he's back to regular feeds. this baby thing is quite a ride.

trish - are you sure K is not a secret roller and putting his shoulder out that way?

LOL, maybe Viv! He must be able to roll both ways if that's the case because he is always on his back when I enter the room! BTW, what happened to your ticker? I loved your cute pic of James.

i got bored with my signature. i'm plotting a new one...

Becky Phil's step mum is a huge KISS fan too(She also has a KISS room lol)
    Didn't even know they were touring Oz.

Happy 4 months to Amara and Max!

We are having one of those days today... Tahlia will not sleep in her cot at all, everytime I try to put her down she screams... seems the only time she is happy is when my b00b is in her mouth. I think she is overtired now, so it makes her even harden to deal with! I can't wait for DH to get home

Thanks everyone

Was at mothers group this morning so only got on here now....

Is Max the only kid NOT rolling (besides Keiran - but he has an excuse not to! - poor boy). He was 9 days late...maybe he is a lazy one!! Not that I mind! He's starting to turn to his side so I guess he's not too far off.

Got clinic appt on Thursday then I think I'll take Max for his needles on Friday...YUCKY!

Take care everyone...I'm trying to wean myself off the net for a while!!

Hope everyone has fabbo sleeps tonight!!

P.S HAPPY 4 months to Amara!

Happy 4 months to Max & Amara.
    Another 13 days & Maddi will be 5 months.

Holy Carp!!!

The boys been asleep for 2.5 hours!!!

BBL...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast