Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #19

becky Guest

Yay!
    Yup first Thursdays good! We doing Hyperdome this time or Garde angain? Guess it probably depends if you think you can make it Viv????

So waddaya reckon Amber, "To Bumbo or not to Bumbo?" LOL

Morning all

Think we had a good night - I don't remember getting up at all, the first time being 4.30am! Last night I fed him at 9pm and he stayed up until about 10.15pm. So maybe keeping him up after the feed makes the difference. I'll try again tonight and see what happens.

L "fought" with me from 5.30am. He just didn't want to sleep, didn't want a bottle and was generally grizzly. I gave up and was prepared to let him cry it out as he was getting overtired. DH suggests that I feed him. "No" I said "already tried that". Anyway he goes gets a bottle ready and what do you know but the little sod drank it and fell asleep! I love how he makes a liar out of me. Hopefully he will be down now for a few hours as I feel like having a little bit more sleep.

Got to go and make DH his lunch before he goes to work.

BBL

Morning all!

Got another chiro appointment this morning. K is doing so much better now, but I still want him checked over again. He's still not 100%, but his day sleeps are fantastic!!

Good news is we sold my car last night! The new owner is bringing a cheque around today. We had so much trouble with our mechanic doing the roadworthy. What should have taken a day took over 3 weeks! We ended up having to go to someone else because the original mechanic refused to help us anymore. It has been a very stressful time! We got my car back finally on Friday and by Monday it was sold, woohoo! I'm enjoying driving my new Camry around now, I've never had a brand new car before so it is still a novelty! DH & I are very money conscious (ie tight @rse ) and have always driven old cars, luckily he gets company cars now so we can live it up for a while lol! If he ever leaves his job we will be back to bomby cars again, so I hope he stays there forever hee hee!

Saffi - Wow, what a great night! Go Lachlan!! Where are you going for your holiday? Re: portacots, unfortunately there aren't really any really light ones around. It is still way cheaper to buy your own one then hire one at that price! I have portacots, but can't post them because they are too big, I coulda done you a deal!

Becky - I think Bumbos are good to use as a portable feeding seat when your bub gets a bit older. I won't be getting one though, I got through without one for Joel! Yay for Chelsea rolling!

Mo - Good luck with the u/s for Maddi on Thursday. I'm sure she will be fine.

Julia - Sounds like Max is wired to wake up early lol! Did you try give him a dreamfeed again last night?

Amber - That's awesome you got some bub-free time! It feels so weird doesn't it?! Yay for Myles cracking 7kg!! Glad you're feeling better too.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning everyone! Wow - am off the computer for a few days and all these posts i have to catch up on!
    I too am missing that reply box at the bottom of the page! Now i just have to keep wordpad open to take notes!
    Now ladies I am going back a few days to make some replies so bear with me!
    Trish- Floods! Hmmm no rain here but yes I am still affected by the floods. Saturday we had no milk here! I did drive to Mt Isa and got some up there! Coles was really good about it - had a few bottles in the freezer just in case people needed it! the fridge is FANTASTIC. Everything is so nice and cold - for a change! And I didnt realise how much crap I had in the fridge until I cleaned it out and swapped things over! Its strange how we tend to get excited over buying household appliances!!!
    Saffi I am losing my hair HEAPS!! My brush is full every morning! And my hair is so fine to begin with that I really can't afford to be losing it!!
    Celtic- Caitlyn has about 4 bottles during the day. They are filled to 240 ml but she doesnt take all of that. She also does have a bit of water during the day and she has some farex too so she fills up quickly!
    Alz Re FF timing. I feed Caitlyn when she wakes during the night - is it has been more than 4 hours. If less I just pop the dummy back in her mouth, rewrap her and she normally goes back to sleep. WITHOUT fail she will wake at 5-530 and come back to bed with us for cuddles. DUring the day she can go 5-6 hours between feeds sometimes if she is happy enough.
    willow- Fantastic news about the scan! Good luck with the paed!
    Right - that said - I am going to look at getting a bumbo! they sound alright! Will have to see how I can get one to here!
    What a weekend! Saturday, as i said, we went to Mt Isa - DH had the day off! We bought this fisher price toy thing where she can stand a little if she wants - and she hates it of course!! We just put her in it for a couple of minutes a day. Oh and then I was SICK. All weekend - basically constantly on the loo! It was terrible. Had yesterday off work. DH had to take C to daycare for the first time. he said to me - where do I go!!?? I said in the door - its not that big a place you will find it!! Anyway - was in bed pretty much all day!
    Iguess I had better get going and get ready for work I am realyl beginning to HATE going to work! I wish we could afford for me to be a SAHM! I would get soooo much more done!
    Have a good day everyone - am sure I will be back in later during my extremely busy day (sarcasm!!) at work! MWAH

Willow - glad to hear the scans went well. On the easy suits, all the mums at my mums group that have them said there name doesn't fit at all.... they are the hardest things to get on bubs!

Saffi - my hair is falling out in massive clumps, its lucky I have really thick hair, so I don't miss it too much!

Trish - a holiday away sounds so nice!

Mo - good luck for Thursday

Becky - way to go on Chelsea rolling!

We had my nieces Christening on Sunday, so I've been pretty busy, and Tahlia barely slept all day, so we spent yesterday catching up on her sleeps. I put some photos on FB for anyone who is interested, as well as some new ones of Tahlia.

I think I want to get a bumbo too!

Brissy girls - I am off on holidays for two weeks so will miss next catch-up.

To all the lovely Mummies take care and will pop in when I get back! xo

Star - have a great holiday!

hey all

didn't get a chance to get on here yesterday. jj had his needles

i decided to give the rotavirus one a swerve since he had 10 days of diarrhea last time. they said it's more of a concern for kiddies who are going to day care. so in the end he just had the two needles (because i've brushed hep B and hib as well).

james was already upset when he got to the surgery so i decided to put him on the boob while he got the shots. good idea, since the first needle he didn't even notice. the second one he cried out then went right back to sucking. good plan!

in the afternoon he definitely reacted more than last time. he was very upset, very thirsty and obviously sore. in the end i just lay him next to me in the bed and he just suckled and slept all afternoon on and off. there was no way he was going to settle in his own bed. poor kid. needles. bleh.

i think we're about to start introducing solids round here. the boy has been wanting feeds approximately every 90 minutes during the day (unless he does a 2 hour sleep). the routine is out the window and i have a hungry hippo on my hands.

he was 8.03kg yesterday, which, according the baby panadol packet, puts him into the 6-12 mths category. i figure the little guy just wants to eat moooooore.

i bought some farex so we're going to try that out with BM for his last feed before bed and see how we go.

i am pretty exhausted after all this extensive feeding. it has been 9 or 10 feeds in 24 for hours for the last few days. i'm jealously eyeing off you formula girls who do 4 bottles!!! wooo... how good is that. i wonder why BM is lauded as such a big deal. makes me nuts more than anything else, AND gives me something more to feel guilty about when i go to take it away from him. *eyeroll*

amber - i'm glad you feel better. i still feel carp. had a big sob in the shower this morning and got into trouble with DH for not coping.... we resolved it tho', so he's not in the dog house anymore.

not sure about the meetup - will have to play it by ear.

for the farex babies... what time of day did they have their first serve?

hey viv - i haven't given tahlia farex yet, so I'm probably not the best one to advise, but I think its better to give it to them earlier in the day, as it can be hard for their tummies to digest to start with, meaning he might not settle..... don't take what I say as gospel though, cause I haven't yet been through it.... I'm sure the other lovely ladies who have already tried or who have older ones will be able to advise

Viv - You deserve a medal right now, you really are a trouper! Poor James and his needles, I absolutely HATE getting them done. When I started Farax with Joel I used to give it to him in the morning. I can't remember the reason why now! Maybe ask your MCHN what she recommends?

Kellie - Cute photos of Tahlia! I'll have a closer look at them later.

Star - Have a great holiday!

Rebecca - I hope you feel better soon

We went to the chiro earlier and K is all fixed! He didn't need to do any adjustments today so that is great news! He really is so much happier now compared to last week and he is doing awesome day sleeps, YAY!!!

Talking

Viv - Caitlyn normally has her first bit of Farex at around 7-730. I have been told to not follow the directions on the packet to theletter tho (1tsp farex to 2 tsp fluid) as it is too thick! I found that true so I make sure its really quite runny. It does tend to go thick too the longer you leave it and I also make sure that the temp of it is around the same as it would be for a normal feed. Just make sure you keep an eye on bowel movements cause supposedly it can tend to constipate the poor little mites - so far no trouble here - touch wood.

Hey all, just a quick one from me cause i don't want to depress everyone....having issues with L refusing feeds. Just had him weighed and he's only gained 50g this week, that's a huge drop for him, he has been gaining 200-300g a week since birth. NFI what is going on. CHN said to keep an eye on him (wow - helpful!) and if he continues to refuse the breast take him to see a dr to rule out illness.

Viv - sorry your still feeling carp, I know the feeling...

Trish - glad K is all better.

Oh - I got the wrap in the mail today! So will be trying it tonight to see how we go! DH has been curious cause all I keep saying is I wonder when the angelwrap will arrive!!!

Willow - Your DS has been stacking on weight, so maybe his body is just stabilising now. K had a week a while back where he barely put on any weight and then he more than made up for it the following week. Great advise from your MCHN, not! Don't you just wish someone could give you a magic answer?!

Rebecca - Yay for the wrap arriving! Let us know if it is any good.

OK...methinks something is up with the boy. He's had two sleeps today of 2.5 hours, very little to no resettling - UNHEARD of!

CHN said perhaps he was coming down with something...maybe she's right...

I fed Indi some custard today. Her first solids ever. Last night i was eating a iceblock (she ws sitting on my lap) and was pulling my arm down and was trying to eat it! She got some red blotchyness on her face, im guessing it was because it was apple flavoured - Tiarna did the same with anything apple flavoured. Ill be buying her some farex to try next time.
    I find the farex was def too thick when going by packet instructions so i always added more water. (you can mix it with boiled water)
    Also you can start off feeding them farex in the morning to see how they digest it during the day. Thats what ill be doing. I wouldnt know if it makes indi constipated or not because she goes 2-3 days without a dirty nappy!

becky Guest

Hugs to all of those who need it! *Think of the light.......*
    My hair has been falling out heaps too. Its a hormone thing! It eases up!

Star - We'll miss ya! Where you off too? Have a fantastic time!!!

I got me a Bumbo! They are so cute. And I think DS likes it just as much as DD at the moment. LOL.

I'll be back a little later - gotta hang the washing out!

XX

Woohoo - L is now 6kg (6.09). Graduated up to crawler nappies now as well. Look a little big on him, but at least I can buy them in bulk.

Trish - we are going to Port Douglas. I am hoping that all the miserable weather Nth Qld has been having clears by the time we get up there.
    Willow - hope L doesn't come down with anything. I'm hoping that he has turned the corner and is starting to sleep better for you.
    Becky - go the Bumbo. I was telling the girls in my other MG about it. I should get a commission LOL.
    Viv - :hugs: this motherhood thing is carp at times. What other job do you work 24/7 for no pay and only a little immediate reward? I guess the reward is seeing the little one grow into an accomplished human being.
    Sorry to hear he had such a bad time with his needles. Hopefully he is getting over it now. L goes the week after next
    I am sure JJ will love food. You are doing a great job BF, but don't be too hard on yourself for considering alternatives.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast