Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #2

What does everyone else think re SS?? I guess we can just specify on the email - but I think it is nice if we all do the same... i.e. I would like to buy something for the mummy I get too!

Ursula - you bathing Maddi every day then?? One of the m/w said not to bath Kaylee every day, especially as she had her mummy's VERY dry skin ... So she is only getting bathed about every 2-3 days atm. Hope all goes well with the GP - let us know what they say!

Oh, we have been doing tummy time on my chest, especially good if she won't settle = is often the only place/position she is happy in! But also try to do short tummy time on the play mat when we can, again she only lasts maybe 5-10 mins at the most atm (I have the play mat in the study - so sometimes good when I'm on the puter). She also goes in the swing when she is awake and happy, but will only last in there about 5-10 mins before she get's sick of it.

We are trying to keep the house warm, but our reverse cycle air conditioner just died = the motor has burnt out and we are trying to get it fixed!! The weather is getting warmer so will hopefully be able to do more nappy free time soon!

Not really qualified to comment myself.....but a friend i had coffee with this am had constipation issues with s26 GOLD, was recommended to switch to the naan hA1 by health nurse and hasn't had any problems since.

Ursula- good idea to take Maddi to GP, hope she gets some relief soon. I have heard Zantac makes babies into 'new babies'. I don't know how i would cope if feeding time was a struggle every 3 hrs

Mo- sorry to hear you are not doing so well, hope things turn around for you with the ff.

Tummy time- a few min each nappy change, maybe 10 min on floor.

Bath- was every 2-3 days but i find it really relaxes her and helps her sleep at night if she has one, so shes been having one with me most nights! No soap, just water.

What does 'milk rash' look like. L has little lumps on her face and a few on her chest, they kind of vary in size, ie tiny ones and some bigger ones. Is this milk rash?

Congrats to the new octo-babies. Lots of girls!

SS- not fussed! either mum or bub is fine, i'll run with the majority!

Peta - we bath every 2-3 days here as well, Maddi still not completely taken with her baths, plus she has dry skin on bottom of legs, feet and tummy. I do top n tail her with warm flannel on the other days plus use organic cold pressed almond oil as a massage oil for our evening relax time - normally at free nappy time.

Thanks for the info abt your friend with NAN HA Ange - am seriously thinking this is where we are headed. Luella looks like a happy booby monster in your ticker pic, all that golden blonde hair is beautiful

Viv how many kg's was 10lb 8oz anyway?

hey Amelia good to see you in here!

Welcome Amelia and Rhys! Nice to see another bug bubba! wow you must be tired carrying him!hehe!
    Ange they sound like milk spots! Myles gets them in all different places they kinda look like little pimples! Myles loves his bath too he has one most nights!
    Ursula hope maddi gets settled soon, hopefully the GP can help!
    Viv i know what you mean with the choking!Myles gets it too sometimes it freaked me out the first time! but my milk supply has kinda settled down now and im not squirting him in the eye as much! Hope you dont find it too hard when DH goes back to work! good luck!
    Mo hope you feel better soon! Im sure Maddi will thrive on formula at least she got some of your milk!:hugs:
    Peta i have a play mat in the study too its great to keep them ocupied for a short time!

Hello all our other mummies and bubbies!

We got a HAB yesterday as Myles hated the baba sling, but he looves the HAB and so do I its so darn comfy! He is in it now while i type! I was worried about it taking too long to put on but its easy! Cant wait to take him out in it!
    Other than that not much else is happening except feeding, burping and more feeding! Its getting hot up here which sucks

sure is comfy isnt it amber!

giving Yyron a bath every second day or so. he had one for the first time with his big bro yesterday they both enjoyed it!
    Tummy time so far has been at nappy change time, must do it a bit more but just need to be careful with boofa Nixon stomping around him!

Ty gets little milk spots, well i think thats what they are. he has had some on his head and feet though? is that normal?

re SS well what if we said $10 to spend on bub and $10 to spend on mum?

rallybbek Guest

re; secret santa - that sounds good nic, none of us miss out then!

Do other babies milk spots come out like a rash or just one here and there?

Nickers- Sounds reasonable to me. Another option would be that we could specify either mum, bub or both. So you can be in it once (mum or bub) or twice (both) IYKWIM? I don't mind buying for a baby or a mum.......or both!

Lily i use Karicare Gold for Jasmine....had no problems.

With Chelsea i used S26 Gold to start with but gave her bad constipation and colic and reflux....so swapped to normal Karicare.

SS i don't mind either, I'm happy to buy for both. I love Christmas & buying presents so the more the merrier

Thanks Kim i will buy karicare.

Ange Maddi gets milk spots as a rash(at least i think it's milk spots).

Peta we give Maddi a shower everyday(still not big on baths) It helps her settle at night.
    Tummy time Maddi loves it so we give her as long as she wants it, she's even feel asleep on tummy a few times.
    Nappy free time she gets about 5-10 mins sometimes longer if it's warmer.

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words don't know what I'd do with out you all

Hi there girls,
    So sorry I havent been writing in the last month, I only have one excuse and that is that we were busy everyday with the lead up to bubs coming, moving into our new house. We made it finally, we moved in on the Thursday night and bubs was born on the Monday arvo..
    I had a gorgeous baby boy, born on the 15th Oct ( 4 days late) which we named, TOBY STEPHEN ( Stephen after his dad) He was 7 pound 10, 51 cms long and head cir was 36cms.. I got to push him out, but tore a bit.. It was a very drawn out long labour, started getting contractions early Friday Morn and they went on for 3 days... Doc said with Posterior posi babies the labour is usually drawn out. We are home now and very happy, DH took 3 weeks off work and we are enjoying every bit of it...
    Glad to see you all have your gorgeous little bubs in your arms now too...

Belle x

Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    Viv how many kg's was 10lb 8oz anyway?
    4.760kg. he lost 400g in hosp then gained it back, plus some as of Monday. He's a piggy so I'm guessing we're getting close to that mark.

My shoulders burn if I have to carry him for any extended length of time. Picking up the 3.5kg cat seems odd now. I had imagined my baby would weigh the same as her (along with lots of other things i had imagined... like NOT sitting at the computer eating toast at 12.46 in the morning.

to bed to bed.

Hello Belle and welcome back! congratulations on the arrival of Toby Stephen!

Another baby has arrived last night, Trish gave birth to her gorgeous son Kieran! He weighed 8lb 13oz and mum and bub are well. Congrats Trish i look forward to seeing you in here when you guys get home!

congrats, trish. welcome, kieran!

Just got back from seeing Maddi's MCHN.
    Maddi has grown 3cm in 2 weeks put on 375g & is above average for height, weight and head size.
    She is very happy with her progress & she also said Maddi is one very strong baby

Congrats Trish & welcome Kieran

LizzysMum Guest

Having a sad day, dropped Eliza at Pereschool and she cried so did I it was horrid. They rang and said she was fine 2 minutes after I left but it was still carp......

rallybbek Guest

Sorry to hear that Leah, hope she ended up having a good day.

Does anybody else feel like they need to debrief after the birth of their baby? I know Toby is my third, but I feel like i need to debrief about it to someone. I know this is silly, but I also feel like I am greiving because DH is going to have a vasectomy and I know I wont be having any more babies. I am feeling a bit sad, I shouldnt complain, I have 3 cute children. I am not sure if I would cope with having 4.
    Any advice is most welcome.
    Bec

Rebecca i found it helped writing my birth story for people to read once i had Chelsea...and i will be doing it again this time. I like to get feedback.

Although i had the perfect birth this time....i still need to get it out in the open.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast