Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #2

Quote Originally Posted by Ursula View Post

Question for those mummies who have dealt with reflux?????

Even though it was the clinic nurse who mentioned the silent reflux, who would I need to see to ask more questions or know what to do next? Do I see my GP? Maddi seems to be regurgitating more frequently plus she sneezes and coughs during feeds esp when burping. I do feed her inclined up rather than lying across my chest. Any thoughts........With thanks!

Yup inclined is way better than flat - at night when i'm sleepy i use a pillow under his head/shoulders to keep his head up a bit. Saves my arms, hes a solid little tyke.
    Do u burp Maddi 'sitting' on your lap or streched across your chest with her head on your shoulder? I found that Eli pukes more when his tummy is all hunched up, shoulder technique all the way here, and have noticed a significant difference. When I carry him round i hold him the same way.

Eli sneezes a bit too... not sure what thats all about. Will ask the doc on Friday

I would check in with your GP - sometimes they suggest things that work and save you from stressing!!

Also apparently Nan is good for constipation, had a nurse tell me that when a friends bub was in agony and hadnt pooed for days.

Good luck Ursula - know just what you're going through!

Question for the bottle feeders, how many bottles do you think i should buy.
    Any suggestion on what bottles are good?

I swear by Avent bottles. I have 12 bottles...but wash them each day you might only need 6-10, depending on how many feeds Maddi will have Lily...

Hi Mo I use Pigeon bottles that come with a Peristaltic nipple/teat. Supoosedly the teat is softer therefore flexible and as your baby sucks it stretches like your own nipple would do in their mouth. I did have the Avent bottle range (teats, dummies etc) but Maddison's mouth is too small and she would gag cos it didn't fit and she couldn't latch on. The pigeon bottle also come in a wide neck range with the peristaltic nipple. I have 4 x 150ml and 3 x 250ml bottles plus a 330 ml avent bottle. I use the avent bottle and large bottles tp pre-make the formula and then pour out what is required into the smaller bottles. I use the avent electric steam sterlizer and wash and steam the bottles in the morning and then at night. Maddison has six 100-130ml feeds a day. I hope you don't end up in hospital, just think you did a great to BF for as long as you did....

Mo- you have already give Maddy the best start in life by b/f since birth. You need to do whats right for you and what makes you both happy so good on you its not an easy decision to make when you want to and are trying to bf, beleive me im still in a bit of denial.

I went back to the hossy thismorning they got in this apparatus to try getting Tyron feeding. Its a bottle that hangs around my neck with ebm in it and a side line tube that i put into the nipple sheild and then attach Tyron. going to try using it but its very fiddly, messy when he comes off etc and he has been extremly spewy since that feed, cause not sure how much he got from my breast as well as from the tube. anyway ive got nothing to loose so try it while i can.

had Tyron weighed after his feed and he was 3850g so thats 400g since birth 2 1/2weeks ago pork chop!

ursula- i would take maddy to your gp. its good to get the bubs on the books anyway but he may refer u to a paed if he thinks she needs it or maybe try her on something like Zantac etc. i went through a whole heap of diff things before getting onto the zantac which really was the best for Nixon.
    they can have mylanta, the brauers colic releif, gripe water (for wind pains)

another October bub was born thismorning. Kellied gave birth to her daughter thismorning at 437am Tahlia Rose. Weighed 8lb 8oz. congratulations Kellie & Brendan!!

Thank-you both
    Thanks Ursula, i hope i don't either.
    Hoping if i stop now & give my body a rest it may settle down & i won't need to goto hospital, But might need a iron infusion at least it's only a couple of hours in hospital.

Now i know you use s26 gold Ursula but kim what fomula do you use?
    Ursula do you think s26 gold is any good or do you think i should try the normal ones?

I also got my fluffy mail from Leah, Thank-you so much can't wait to Maddi can wear them

in my limited experience of wind and reflux, i have definitely found that switching him from across chest to 'football' hold has made huge difference. when he coughs on it i can detach him more easily and burp him.

he's still a windy boy but i think the change in hold helps.

question: is the secret santa for the mum or the baby or both??

i got gigantor to sleep this morning and even had an hour and a half myself. wooo.

i have no idea how you ladies with more than one kid can do this without going nutso.

LizzysMum Guest

Hi,

WTG Kate and Pish, congrats! 2 more pink ones

Mo - I used Bubblebubs swim nappies, email me if you want a stockist. I also used the ones from K-mart and Myer too and htey were fine. Glad your fluff arrived

I am also in for the Secret Santa, my Yahoo is [email protected]

Viv - I also have no idea how I am going to cope with 2 kids when DH goes back to work I am carp scared. Eliza is being difficult now let alone then! Good to hear the other hold is helping.

Must go E has arrived covered in chocolate.....................

i'm scared about the 'dh return to work' thing also... just coz there's no one to catch me when i go over whatever it may be... eep.

i wonder how my mother did it? no wonder she's crazy.

well i thought we'd do it for our bubs, but its up to you guys if you would prefer something for yourself maybe write that down and whoever gets you as their secret Santa can buy you something!

Viv- yep my dh goes back to work on Monday, dunno how i will go with not suppose to be "doing stuff" and looking after the 2 of them! DH has been doing heaps around the house, its great i think he finially appreciates how much i do do at home!

Mo - although i am using S26 gold I am not sure if I am going to continue using it. The clinic nurse did say to me that what they put in it to make it 'gold' isn't really absorbed by the babies' bodies and this could be what is causing Maddison's poo problems. She said there is essentially no difference between S26 and the Gold version.

I am thinking about changing formulas though am hesitant cos I don't wish to make this worse for Maddison and she likes drinking the water and so far that is helping. But I have heard good things from my GP/Pead (SIL went to him) abt Karicare and on this forum NAN HA has been highly praised cos it is easily digested.....Gees I bet this was helpful LOL!!!

NT and Nic - as impossible as it sounds it is possible to manage when our god-like DP's/DH's go back to work though I must admit I love when 3.30pm comes around cos I know that DP will be home real soon. Must admit some days are difficult esp finding time to make yourself some lunch or go to the toilet - thank heavens I have my bladder control back. I only just got Maddison to sleep and had a shower, quick bite to eat and now it's time to walk to school - where oh where has my day gone!!!!!

Thanks Ursula i've also heard good things about Karicare might try that one first & it was very helpful

Thanks Nic, i'm still pretty upset about it, but your right i need to do what's best for us & me getting really sick isn't the best option.
    I think tappering off my medication, dealing with the demands of b/f & a newborn was just too much for my body & that's what's caused my flare-up

Thanks Leah sent you an e-mail

Kaylee is very unsettled today - so have had her in the sling all morning as she refuses to be put down!... but now she won't even go in the sling

Question = those doing tummy time, how long do you do it for each day etc?
    And do you make it nappy free time also??
    I really want to do nappy free time, but has been too cold here in Perth!

I orginally thought SS for the mummies... I guess mainly because new bubbies get very spoilt by everyone anyways - and sure they will get lots for Christmas. But I'm happy to go with whatever everyone else wants to do. Could always get a lil something for mummy & bubs.

Ursula - would be interested to hear if you do switch formulas, which one you go for and how the switch goes.

Mo - making the decision to stop fighting the losing battle and switch Kaylee to formula 100% was one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make in my life = but definitely the best one for both of us!! You are no good to your little princess in hospital or sick! You need to look after YOU too... hope you get things sorted soon, and get better fast, and don't have to go to hosp.

peta im with you maybe we should spoil our mummies for secret santa! I know i could do with some attention!lol! We give myles tummy time untill he gets frustrated but thats rarely so maybe 5mins or so!We also give him nappy off time after his bath while i massage him!

Hope all our mummies and bubs are well xo

Peta - we do tummy time on my chest, 2-3 times a day, she holds her head up high and steady probably do it for abt 5 mins at a time. We do free-nappy time as well, usually early evening for 10-15 mins but it is quite muggy here so getting cold not an issue. I would think if your house is warm Kaylee would be fine, esp if keeping other clothes on.

Got an appt with GP tomorrow for Maddison - going to discuss switching formula, constipation and spews. Will def. let you know what he says and then follow up with what changes for her.

Amelia Guest

Hey ladies,

I thought while I have abit of time at the moment I would come say hello to everyone!!

Rhys was born on 18/10 after being induced and not going into labour I had to have a emergency c-section. He came out a whopping 9lb 8oz and now weighs 10lb 1oz so I have no problems with my milk what so ever.

Be back later once I have read the other thread!!

xxoo

hi amelia... welcome to the big baby club (she says sitting here draining boobs onto a towel).

ain't life grand. *creaking shoulders from carrying gigantor*

he is getting weighed tomorrow... am scared he's cracked 5kg.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast