Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #20

Evening all,
    Feeling exhausted so I am going to bed soon. DH will feed Ethan at 10 tonight.

Rebecca - I can relate to the getting up many, many times a night to re-wrap. Ethan was doing that for a couple of weeks and that is why we decided to get rid of the wrap. He is coping very well with having 1 arm out. The first night he woke up a few times but since then has done ok. I think he would be worse if we got rid of the wrap cold turkey.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. NEED SLEEP!!!!!!

Trish- you poor thing.... i hope you are sleeping soundly right now, im in bed wth the laptop, last post for the night! Thats real good your dh took the day off work and u were able to have some more sleep.

well Nixon did my absolute head in today. he just got into everything he shouldnt, by the end of the day he was just down right irritating me!! but all was lots when we had some cuddles and tickles and rolling around the floor... thank god Tyron had a reasonable day or i would have gone nuts, got the car serviced so was house bound all day.

i was out tonight and dh put kids to bed, i notice that Tyron is in the wrap but arms out (assuming he got them out) but still alseep so just leaving him like that.
    fingers crossed....

Happy 5 months Maddi! as i wrote that it was 12.01 so just 1 min late!

im pretty busy over the next week or so, will try to kep updated but may not get much time to post. it really sounds like our bubs are having similar issues, weather it be moving from bassinett to cot. feeding time, wrapping, see how quickly they are all growing, no more newborns!

seen twins 9days old a few days back, they were big for twins 7lb 1 and 7lb 4 but they looked so tiny! its lovely growing with the children but its sad how quickly they grow out of the new borness!

good night all, bubbas keep on sleeping!

Good morning all,
    Well I am a bit excited. Ethan only woke once last night for the dummy and then slept till 6.25 this morning! Yey! That's three nights in a row that he hasn't been too bad. I am hoping that this will continue but am not counting my chickens. He seems a lot happier today so let's hope that we are going to have a great day today as opposed to yesterday's whinge fest.

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning everyone!!
    Well we tried the one arm out of the wrap last night. She was a little unsettled at first. But I went to bed at 9 and she didnt stir again until 12. then once I fed her and got her down again (only took 20 mins!!) she wasnt awake again until 4! WOW!!! Was very excited - and relieved to get 4 hours solid sleep!! then of course she woke again at 530 and then at 620. The AC in our room froze last night and started spitting/chewing ice and making ALOT of noise so we ended up turning it off. then of course our room got SOOOOO hot!
    hmmm hows this for contradiction/hypocrisy! My DH cracked it big time when a VERY ex b/f of mine rang to say happy birthday. Of course I told DH I have nothign to hide. The guy is married with his own daughter. Anyway - he joined facebook and has been having conversations with his very single, almost local ex g/f! And he thinks thats ok!! Anyway I told him exactly what I thought and now he has deleted his facebook account!! Hmmm will talk to him about that tonight! grumpy so and so! no wonder he barely spoke to me last night!!
    Anyway - am off to do some washing yay yay yay!

meh.

that is all.

Viv - hope everything is ok! Remeber you can always talk to us!

Glad to hear that some of us are having better nights.. we had a great one, slept from about 10.30 through till 8. I think putting her in her own room was the best thing, I think we were waking her and she was waking us!

Happy 4 months to Jasmine!

Oh no Viv, was it another rough night? Cyber hugs for you.

Rebecca - Wow, sounds like the arm out of the wrap trick worked well! I hope you get another good night out of her tonight!

Alz - Glad to hear you had another great night with Ethan!

Nic - Hope you have a better day with Nixon today. They know how to try your patience don't they?!

Willow - I'm sure you can lose your mind from sleep deprivation, mine vanished yesterday lol! K has been struggling with his last nap too, I think he just needs a little rest and he is OK. How'd you go last night?

Becky - I'm glad Chelsea coped so well with her needles, she's such a good girl!

Saffi - Hope you had a better night with L last night.

Kim
    - How is Chelsea going? I hope she is getting better.

Kellie - Yay for Tahlia's big sleep!

We had a reasonable night last night thank goodness! Joel woke at 12am, but I just told him to shoosh and then didn't hear from him again. K woke at 2am for a dummy call and again at 2:20am, then didn't wake for his feed until 5:30am which was WONDERFUL! So he went 8 hours between feeds which is brilliant. Even though I got up to him a couple of times at least I could go straight back to sleep. So I am feeling much more human today than I did yesterday.

I took Joel to kinder this morning. He cried again, but this time it was more of a nervous cry, not a hysterical cry. When I left him with the teacher he didn't try and cling onto me and cry which is a first. I think it will get better and better each time. He absolutely loves it there so I'm sure he will work it all out soon.

Anyway, hope you all have a great day!

I'm having such hard time getting Maddi to go down for day time naps & when i finally get her down it's only for 30mins, 1hr if I'm really lucky.
    Yesterday she woke up at 7:30am slept for 3hrs all up & wouldn't go back down till 11:30pm & i had a big struggle getting her down because she was so over-tired.

Trish glad you had a better night, Tried Maddi on some Farex she wouldn't have a bar of it lol.
    Nurse said to try adding a tiny amount of stewed apple for some flavour. So will give that a go soon.

Becky glad Chels did well with her needles.

Viv

Kellie, Alz & Rebecca glad you all had good nights too.

Mo- We put a little apple in Caitlyn's farex and she LOVES it. Took a bit of experimenting. She doesnt like the farex, formula and apple. We have to mix it with the boiled water instead. And we warm it up just a little. She sits there with her mouth open watching for the spoon. Stares at the bowel while we are getting the next spoonful. I put a photo of her after a feed up on the gallery. Actually I put a few photos of her up there! And some more on facebook - if they worked!
    Trish-Yes it seems the unwrapped arm was a good thing. Will keep the one arm out for about a week I think and then will do the other arm. Good to hear that Joel is settling in at Kinder a bit more. Makes it hard on us when they cry doesnt it? C can't wait for daycare some mornings. She gets excited before I even get her out of the car.
    I might be crazy but I think my little girl is going to be left handed! Everything she does is with her left hand! Thats pretty much the only fist she shoves in her mouth. Grabs at toys etc with her left hand. We are both righthanded but my dad and sister are leftys. Don;t know whether it runs in families or not.
    Viv-I hope things are ok with you!!!
    I have been writing to my SIL and my friend pretty much all morning - why oh why cant I have something to do!!??!!

Happy 4 months Jasmine!!!

DH has taken the day off today to do some work. L is being a cranky pants today for some strange reason. Only slept for an hour this morning. Is cracking it now but DH is dealing with him. Hopefully he will sleep for a few hours.

Overnight was ok. L was up a couple of times. DH got up one time to discover L had wet the basinette so it totally needed to be striped back, L changed etc. I stayed in bed. Going to get some lunch and then might have a snooze.

Hugs to everyone that is having a carp time. High 5s to those who are going ok.

Happy 4 months to my baby girl too

Chelsea on the mend

Jasmine no worries in any department. Have check up on Friday.

Damn alot of our bubs not sleeping or being a bit fussy.

Jasmine sleeps a good 10-12 hours a night with no wake ups (as does Chelsea though), feeding no issues. During the day she has three to four 1-2 hour naps plus cat naps. Awake about 2 hours in between feeds...sometimes longer.

Have a good one all...

becky Guest

Grrr - I know I dont really have much to complain about, I know what some of you guys go through, but Chels has been so high maintenance the last few days!
    Will not spend any time on her own, just cries and grizzles til you pick her up, and then she is fine. I mean, like the minute you are putting her down, she is already crying! Driving me bonkers!! Gave her a little bit of Panadol in case her teeth are hurting, but I dont think its that cause the minute you pick er up again, she's fine! Grrr.... (PLease be a phase, please be a phase, please be a phase!)

Kim - Happy 4 months Jasmine. Glad to hear Chelsea is getting a bit better!

Rebecca - Glad to hear DD went so well with 1 arm out. Did you have any problems with her knocking her dummy out? Chels has a habit that if she puts 1 hand in her mouth, she wants to jam both of them in there, so if I tried your tactic, I could see her putting her free hand in her mouth, and then struggling til her other one was out too. And like I said before, Chels can sometimes kick herself out of the covers and stay asleep, but she then only sleeps for half our or so. Grrr.... what to do....

Trish - Glad Joel is beginning to warm to kinder. Must be a huge relief!

Amber - You around? Hows DS been sleeping for you?

Ok, be back latr, both babies are asleep. Well, for now...

Happy 4 months Jasmine.
    Kim glad Chelsea is getting better.

Becky i know how you feel Maddi was such a clingy baby, thankfully she grew out of that stage, I'm sure it's just phase & Chels will grow out of it soon

Rebecca thanks will try just water, farex & apple tomorrow or Thursday.

Forgot to mention yesterday Maddi's ultrasound results came back fine, such a relief knowing everything is okay

Hi girls,

just a quick one whle the boy is down for a sleep!

Mo so glad Maddis results were good!
    Happy 4 months Jas!
    Will bbl to do more personals hopefully!

Myles was sleeping really well all last week but has now gone back to very 2hrs I think he is teething He has two huge lumps in his gums and is really unsettled which is so out of character!
    He is now 7.3kgs and getting so big! I cant believe he will be 5 months on saturday!

Oops he is stirring! bbl promise xo

LizzysMum Guest

HI everyone,

Sorry it has been so long since posting. I have skim read all the posts..sorry to hear some of us are having sleep issues

Happy 5 months to Maddi and 4 mnths to Jasmine

Rebecca - can I ask why you don't want to keep wrapping?

Becky - if bub is a bit clingy maybe a carrier like a Mei Tai would help for a while then at least you can have your hands free?

Amara is fussing fussing fussing on the boob - hoping it is not AF coming back!!!!
    Sleeping is still OK, sleeps after most feeds, has gone once or twice wth no sleeps between but than after the next feed she collapses LOL!
    Today she slept from about 9.30am until 1pm and then I had to wake her because we had to go out I ws already and hour late. The she slept again from about 3pm unitl 5.15pm, I think she is having a big grow! She seems suddenly heavier and chubbier.

I went to put her in a beautiful suit today size 00 and she won't fit it WAAAAAAAA!!!! It is white with beautiful pink antique roses on it, brand new and she is already to big for it. Little porker, must get her weighed again soon.

Anyone else feeling bad because their bub is not getting wear out of their clothes? I have so much stuff it is ridiculous and have hardly bought her anything, people just keep giving her clothes.

Must run, I should be sewing nappies......

Evening all

Had a restful afternoon. While DH was working I was able to sleep. L slept also! It was so good!

I think L is going to be a swim champ! He just loves kicking his legs in the bath. Water goes everywhere, the more I protest the more he does it. So cute!

L's been a bit restless today. He's down now but I will have to get him up sooner or later for a final feed.

Going to a Babes in Arms movie session tomorrow. Never been before so it will be an experience. Then off shopping for some clothes for L at Target and going to get my eyebrows waxed.

Q - does anyone have a Tommee Tippee nappy wrapper? I find ours really difficult to use and always need to take the top part off to pull the wrapped nappy down into the bin part. Thinking I'll just buy a lot of those orange nappy bags and use those instead.

Nothing much else happening here.

Hope you all had a good night.

Be back later.

becky Guest

Grrrr!! Day / night from hell!!

Why oh why wil all she do is cry??? Grizzled non stop all day. Now, tonight, first time ever, it took us 2 and a half hours to get her to sleep!! WTF!! Would be fine if we held her, and the minute we lay her in her bed, blood curdling screams. Pick her up - happy as larry!!! GRRRRRRR!!!! You guys who do this every night deserve a medal!! A gold medal!! A gold medal encrusted with diamonds!!!!!!!!!!!

God it is so stressful! Liams bedroom is right next door too, so there is only so much screaming we can let her do! We bought Chels into our room, happy, playing and talking. Try wrapping her up - SCREAM CITY! Just dont know what to do if this continues!!

Sorry - just so vey frustrated. Screaming sux!

Saffi - Glad you had a restful afternoon! Wow, Babes in Arms movies. I will have to try it one day, didnt even know they existed! Where do you go? Have fun with that anyway! Oh, and the TT nappy wrapper, we had one for Liam and I didnt like them either. Found them too hard. I just take the lid off now and use it as a big bin, cause yep, we use the nappy bags too.

Leah - Its sad hey?? Chels is almost in 00 now too. She seems like she really wasnt in 000 for very long. STOP GROWING!!!

Amber - Sorry about Myles. That sux. I hope he goes back to being good for you!

Trinity - Hope your right. Liam was a clingy baby too, he was for ages!! I swore I would do things differently with Chels so she didnt become the same, but ARGH! Didnt work!

Brissy girls. We on for next Thursday? And where we going to make it this time??

Becky - sorry Miss C is giving you a hard time. Don't really know what to suggest. Could she be ill or in pain?
    The Babes in Arms session is on at the movies at Indro each Wednesday morning (actually all Birch Carroll and Coyle cinemas). Perhaps that is an outing that we Brissy girls can do.

As for next meet up not sure if I can do it. Depending on whos coming maybe we could go to Indro as I can get there without a car.

Anyway, best be off to feed L and head off to bed.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast