Jasmanika
    Jas Jas
    Sweet cheeks
    Baby girl
    Possum
    Bubba Jas
    Jasimine
    Sissy

Jas had her check up today and the nurse was so so so happy with her!!!!
    Her height and weight are off the chart and her head is above average...but she is in proportion really well!! So proud of my Princess

Chubba bubba-That's what Phil calls Maddi lol
    I just got my red d'lish today, can't wait to try it out.

Kim what is Jas's weight & height curious to see if she weighs more than Maddi.

Ange how much does Lu weigh now?

At 4 months Jasmine was:

4 months- 7975 grams, 68cm long

At 4 months Chelsea was:

4 months- 6310 grams, 62.5cm long

And u know what...i dont care what people say about that. Cos i know that ive not over fed her or anything. Both Chelsea and Jasmine have been fed the same thing (except Jas was on breast milk for first 3 weeks and Chelsea wasnt). Im sure to cop critisism from people but so be it.

So yes Mo, Jas would be more then Maddi

Wow Kim Jas is doing great you should be proud, who cares what anyone says.
    People comment about Maddi's weight all the time & i just ignore them
    At-least if she ever gets sicks she wont be under weight or anything

The point is she isnt 'over-weight' now though. She is simply above average as is her length....so its not like people can now say she is too long for her age?

Im sorry if this is coming across mean...but ive copped flack all morning since ive said boo about her weight...but no one sees the side she is also longer then normal girls her age so im getting kinda about it all.

Kids all grow differently....look at my 2...so different!!

Kim i know what your saying, i was always longer than average so i always weighed more too.

Mo- I 'think' Lu was about 6.5kg at 5 months...... whatever she was it was just under average. She did have an above average head circumferance! We called her boof head for a while.

I don't think people who make random comments do it to be mean or judgemental, i think often they are just making conversation.
    I get everything from "She's big" to "she's tiny" i just smile and nod. Whatever! She is happy and healthy. I know i am doing the best i can, and i am feeding my daughter well so i don't really listen to anyone's comments.
    Water off a ducks back and all that....
    Like you say Kim, all babies are different. Throw your blue book out i say! Causes more trouble than it is worth sometimes.

Aww kim! Try not too worry about it! People keep telling me Myles is a a bit small for his age, but he is starting to crawl so he must be ok right! Dont you just wish that they would keep negative comments to them selves!
    Trish I hear you on the sleep thing! Myles was up nearly every 2 hours last night! I nearly lost it i was so tired! I hope tonight is better for you!
    Saffi i dont think you should give rusks to bubs under 6mths? Thats just what I have heard! Are you able to come to our meet up?

Hi everyone else!

Nick names! Myles gets bubba all the time, also pickle bum, turkey, monkey, mylesie(thanks mum),mr magoo!
    He is starting to really get around now! He was even up on his toes and hands yesterday! I dont think I am ready to say bye to my baby yet Camping at easter will be interesting with a crawling baby!

Will try to get back later going to catch some sleep while he is down! x

kim - people are, for the most part, clueless. so... i hear ya. i get, "he's huge" etc. jj is at the top end of the chart for all measurements which means... proportional - if he was 90th for weight and 50th for everything else then he'd be a fatso.

i don't care what they think about my 'huge' baby. he rules. and so does jas.

Thanks Viv

How much does everyones baby weigh now? And length?

Amber - I had to laugh, my nickname for Joel is pickle bum! How bizarre lol!! Hope you have a better night tonight too.

Kim - Wow, Jasmine is doing FANTASTICALLY! She is going to be lovely and tall by the sounds of it. A supermodel in the making . K was 7.08kg and 66.5cm a week ago at his 4 month check. Joel was 5.8kg at 4 months so K is heaps bigger!

Kim - I've got a big boy too so don't worry, last check he was about 8kg but had a very wet cloth nappy on so going to get his weight and length checked next week at the clinic.

It's completely out of our control anyway - my DD was a lean little rabbit, DS is a big chubby bubby, both were breastfed, so who knows?? My DH is a big bloke as are most of his family, so obviously it's just his make up.

When people comment that he's big, I just giggle and agree with them! He is what he is and I love him to bits so it doesn't matter to me!

Names:

Bubba Luey
    Mr Magoo
    Mr Magoogle
    Logan the bogan ()

DH calls him Tiger sometimes

My DD always got Pud or Puddy (even though she wasn't, just want I called her) so my mum calls him Podge - Pud n Podge! LOL.

at her 4 month check, Tahlia weighed 7.45kgs and was 65cm I think, she is also at the high end of the scale for both, but she is in proportion.
    I agree with everyone else Kim.. ignore the comments about size! She is obviously health and thriving, so who cares!

My nicknames for Tahlia:
    bubba
    chubba bubba
    cheeky monkey
    cheeky possum

cant think of any more at the moment

she had her 4 month needles today... they only have to have 2 needles now (as of 1st march), cause they have combined 2 of them into 1. Better for the bubs! She was much better this time than last time, and I was much braver too!

Oh carp - is there a 4 month check up?? Better go look at my blue book! I thought the next one was 6 months? Ah well, will call tomorrow and try to get him in or just take him to the gp - the gp checked him over last week when he had his needles and weighed him anyway but I don't know if he put it in his blue book...didn't do his head circ either which we need to keep an eye on.

Kim I am sure that your bub is completely PERFECT! She is who she is and her weight, height and everything is just HER! Just like with everything. We are all individuals after all. I'm finding out Max's weight and length on Monday...Can't wait!

After my boob feeding probs I called Ngala (Perth's helpline thingy) and they just said, express until your milk supply increases. Not once would they ever recommend or say that changing to formula can help if that is what i WANT TO DO! Instead they just made me feel guilty that I would even consider such a thing.

People do things by the book so much, whatever happened to people just saying 'do what you think is right' and just supporting you through whatever decision you make? Thank goodness forums were invented!

Anyway, today my milk supply had increased and I haven't had much trouble with Max on boob today, but am going to give him a bottle tonight (after boobie feed) before bed. I'm going to make a trend of it. This week 1 bottle, next week 2 etc. until he is 6 months, then off boob altogether and then on solids also. He is 5 months tomorrow so think I can manage it. I can't be made to feel guilty anymore. I know that breast is best, but sheesh....I suffer and hate it....I happen to think that a happy mother is best....for my sanity and everyone else around me!!!

oooo....Names we give Max!

Maxxy
    Maxxyboy
    buddaboy
    chumba wumba
    boofy
    pansyboy (when he is whinging)
    Sweet Pea
    Bubba (an obvious one!)
    Bubbleboy (in the bath)
    GORGEOUS!
    Spunky
    Milk Chops

Plus many more!

Trish Sending you some sleepy vibes...you have been having a rough time lately...hope it all gets better soon....Phases...Who needs em!

Is anyone here NOT feeding solids yet? I tried the other day but Max didn't rate it at all. I may as well just wait a few more weeks.

Bye for now everyone

Julia - we're not on solids yet. I'm hoping to hold out till 6 months if we can. I was speaking to his osteo yesterday about it and she said not to start yet, his GI tract isn't mature enough yet and that's how a lot of food allergies develop

She said if I absolutely have to, then 5 months+ would be better. I'm just going to see how he goes but definitely not starting just yet. He's a very big boy and doing fine on booby juice alone!

Julia - although Tahlia is one of the younger bubs in here, I also haven't even considered solids yet. After talking to the MCHN, we're going to wait till she is 6 months cause she is putting on enough weight and still sleeping well, so she doesn't need the extra calories just yet!

LizzysMum Guest

Hi All,

Sorry I have been away so long but I am guessing nobody noticed much as I don't really post much anyways.

Amara was 6.9kg at about 4.5 months, have no idea of length. Our next scheduled checkup is 6 months.

No solids here either, same deal. The GI tract is not developed enough for food yet and she is healthy and happy so we are leaving it too.

Amara's nickname is Captain Squishy Pants or just Captain. Can't remember when she got that but it was very early on. Sometimes we also call her Monkey Guts.

Kim - I hear you on the comments about weight etc. With Eliza I always got "Oh my she is so small!" She was only 8.3kg at 12 months. Now I am getting the opposite. The guy we have painting the house even commented today that she is big. He has an almost 3 month old at home so of course she seems big you der!! She is right on the 50th percentile as far as I know.

Still no rolling, still hates tummy time.

I can't believe one of our Oct bubbas is almost crawling WTG!!!!

Ciao,

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast