Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #24

Saffi- we had 5 nights in a row waking 2 hourly last week when she was getting teeth. Things have improved a little, so don't worry it wont last! But make sure you rest up when you can or ya might get a scabby face too!

Mo- How's ya sis? Can't wait to see the pics of maddi

Becky- MCN can be expensive to start with but it saves a bit of cash in the end. You can gets lots of info in the cloth nappy section in here.

I know i shouldn't say it out loud or type it, but i'll take my chances....we had a good night last night. 7pm feed at 1am 7 am wake up! Lets hope tonight is the same.

Call me crusty face...........

Awww Ange hope it clears up soon for you, hopefully once your all better maybe we can have a Melb meet-up
    My Sis is home now with strict orders to rest, so hopefully she can go full term now.

Kim- Nice to hear how your girls are going.

M is still toothless & she's the oldest one here lol

ETA-M broke my mobile, not sure how she got it but i walked in on her throwing a hissy fit with my mobile lol.
    The joys of having kids
    Last edited by Khaleesi; April 19th, 2008 at 07:20 PM.

Evening All,
    Hope you are all doing well. Ethan still has a shocker of a cold. If he is not better by Monday we will go to the doc.

We have decided to get rid of the wrap once and for all. When E is better we are going to put him in sleeping bags. We have tried once before and he just wouldn't sleep for more than one sleep cycle. I guess that if we pursevere he will eventually get the pictrue.

Kim - glad to hear that you are getting lots of sleep. Have a great trip

Hi all

Had a good day today. We went to Target and got heaps of toys for L. We got one of those activity tables that they sit in and a few Fisher Price toys too. Don't know about L but we were so bored with all his toys LOL.

Kim - great to hear from you and hear that all is going really well with you and the girls. Have fun back home and hope Jasmine copes with her first flight. L has been on 4 flights so far and done really well. The secret is preparation.

Alz/Willow/Celtic - sorry to hear that your bubs are sick. Hope they get better soon. Thinking that L may have a bit of a cold too. He is sniffly and seems to have a bit of crustiness around his nose. Maybe that's why he slept so poorly.

Ange - don't think L is teething anymore, but you never know. Yeah, don't want to have shingles again. Hope you're taking your own advice and resting.

Got our god daughter with us tonight. At 4 she is so grown up. We took in L's night lite that is a bear that changes colours and she says "that is so cool". I couldn't believe it. Can't wait until L gets to that age.

Anyway, suspect that tonight I'll be up not only to the boy but also to the girl. Oh well.

More tomorrow.

well we survived Nixon's birthday party! the rain held off for us which i so wasnt expecting.
    Nixon was a lolly monster, every time you tried taking him away from lollies to do something he viced his opinion!
    got some nice pressies and pic's, uploading on facebook now.
    Tyron's cutting tooth 3 up the top, considering he had been pretty good most nights.

so he's been having some solids for about a week now. Hated farex and even hated it mixed it with something else.
    He has tried, apple, pumkin and potato. still 1 feed a day and managing about 2 teaspoons. cant say he's been pverly keen on the whole food idea though, but he likes shoving the spoon in his gob!

saffi- how did the sleepover with your god daughter go?

ha Saffi- i have a psychadelic bear too!

Wow Nic a 3rd tooth, i had no idea the could just keep coming like that. i was hoping for a bit of a teething break..........

Hot cha-cha

Sorry girls a bit of a selfish post but..........

Myles is crawling properly!!!!!!!

We are sooo excited!!!!!! He will be harder to catch now!!!!

Hope you and your gorgeous bubs are well! xxxxxxx

lol Amber! GO MYLES!
    Lu has it mastered too, she gets into everything. i love it when she stops, rolls on her side, one leg straight, the other bent and crossed over the front, and grabs hold of her knee with her hand like some fashion model. Cracks me up! I have seen a few crawling bubs strike that pose.
    What are you doing on the pc when SYTYCD is on anyway!

Go Lu!!!! jumping on in the ads hahaha! multi tasking!!!! Hope your eye is getting better! xx

way to go Myles & Luella!! you keen little bunnies you

WTG Myles and Lu on mastering crawling. No looking back now.
    Congrats to Ty on the 3rd tooth

Nic - had a good night with our goddaughter. She was a little anxious getting to sleep but I read her some stories and sat with her until she fell asleep. Then turned around and did the same thing with the little boy. We all watched Ice Age 2 this morning before taking her home. It was fun but I was so tired by the end of the day.

L tried out his new toys properly today. His favourite toy is the teether book. Already has been slobbered on heaps. His activity centre is so cool.

Oh well another weekend draws to a close. Hope you all had a good time.

Be back in the morning.

I already congratulated Lu on crawling but WTG Lu & Myles
    Congrats Ty on your 3rd tooth.

Morning everyone!

Hope you all had a great weekend. Ours was nice, we went and bought a new mattress from Beds for Backs, it is sooo comfortable and aligns your spine so there is no pressure anywhere. I've been waking up with my lower back in agony because our current mattress is so [email protected] Can't wait until our new one arrives!

K had another good night - bed at 7:30pm, slept through until 5am, had a feed then slept until 7am. I am only just starting to learn to sleep properly again! My body is so used to getting up numerous times a night that I find myself waking up frequently. I'm also getting a bit engorged since we dropped the dream feed. Oh the joys of babies!

Saffi - It sounds like you had a lot of fun with your goddaughter! It's tiring with an extra child around isn't it? Glad L likes his new toys. I bought K a Leap Frog activity centre and he loves it, it's great for a change of scenery!

Amber - Wow, Myles is so clever crawling!!! He must look so cute! Look out, once they're on the move they never stop!

Ange
    - How's your eye? I can't believe Lu is crawling properly either! Such a clever little chick. I look forward to K learning to move around, hopefully he will get less bored!

Nic - I'm glad Nixon's party went well! I'll have to check out your photos later. Tyron is a teething machine! It's great when they teeth quickly, at least you get it all out of the way lol!

Alz - I hope Ethan's cold is getting better. It's not nice when they're so sick.

Mo - Bummer about your phone! It's probably not the last time that will happen!

Kim - Nice to see you in here! I'm glad the girls are going well. Hope you have a great trip!

Celtic - I hope Ryan gets better soon. The poor little man has had a few colds hasn't he? Did you end up getting a humidifier?

Kellie - That's great Tahlia liked the rice cereal! Have you tried some more with her?

Willow - How is L's cold? Hopefully he is better or almost better. That's great that his sleeping is getting back to normal.

Viv - I hope you've had a better night's sleep with James.

Have a great day everyone!

Morning

I have huge respect now for parents with a baby and an older child. At least with babies they will have at least 1 or 2 naps during the day but the older ones - well it is go go go all the time. Our god-daughter's mum is actually expecting a baby at the end of September so she will have that situation to deal with. But Tashie is starting school next year so will only be for a few months or so.

Carp night again. Up every couple of hours again. I am pretty certain L has a cold so thats not helping and also he moves about his cot that he is always crashing into it. Does anyone else's bub move a lot in their sleep and any ideas on how to deal with it? Oh, and my other big baby has got a cold too.

Trish - won't let my DH know you have a new mattress. He has been bugging me about getting a new one for ages.

Anyway, hopefully L will have a nice long sleep today so I can get some zzz.

BBL

Saffi- Often i wake up to the sound to L banging her head on the side of the cot. I don't think there is alot you can do short of tying them down. That's the main reason i put her in a sleeping bag, she might be upside down and squished on the corner but at least she is warm.
    I do wonder how i will cope with a toddler and a baby, borrowing one for the night is a great idea, although might put me off another! I'm not sure how i'll cope with being UTD and having a baby.....

Trish- So much better thanks for asking. Responded really well to the anti-viral meds. Just scabbing up nicely! Best part is i have a freezer full of mum's cooking. I won't have to cook for weeks.

Ok night here, except the 5.30am wakeup for the day.

A friend has a 5 month old and is 8 weeks pregnant! She is 40 and doesn't really have the luxury of time up her sleeve, but holy cow!

saffi - i think the boys are conspiring. another wakeful night for the monkey. still trying different things to see what will work. he also had the snuffles this morning. dh brought a cold home. meh.

who finds grobags/sleeping bags good? it's only just getting cold enough on the goldie now to look into bagging the little monkey, and i wonder if they're good.

myles - quick, crawl to the pantry and pull something out. don't tell mummee i said so...

Trish - we gave her some more yesterday, and I'll give her some more today

When do you start to make the quantity bigger? And how many days should I wait before I give her something else?

Ange - a 5 month old and pregnant! OMG! She will have her work cut out for her! A friend of mine is due at the end of June, and her 1st child hasn't even turned 1 yet!

Congrats to the bubs that are crawling! I hope Tahlia doesnt start any time soon, my house is far from child proof and I am having enough trouble with her rolling across the room as it is!

becky Guest

Heya all

Saffi - Glad you had a great time with your god-daughter. Yup, it is hard soetimes with 2 babies. But twice as rewarding! I must say, being pregnant, mainly just the first 3 months was EXHAUSTING!!! Luckily I had my Mum close by so if I was having a really yucky day or Liam was playing up a bit, she would come and help me! Ya definately need that. I Couldnt imagine having 3 at the moment tho. I think baby number 3 has been pu off for the VERY distant future!

Amber - Woot for Myles! He'll be walking next! Chels is trying so hard but still cant quite worl out the arms!

Trish - Yay on the mattress! I always think they are a great investment. We bought a new one when I found out I was pregnant with Liam. Could not handle being 9 months pregnant on a crappy mattress - LOL.

NT - Yeah I dont use a growbag yet either - I havent found it quite cold enough here yet, although the last few wekks are defintely getting there.

My little girl has a bad cold at the moment. She can hardly beathe at night poor little thing. She has only ever had 1 cold before but this one is a doozy! Using the humidifeier but I dont think its doing a lot. Just keeping her dosed up on Panadol, Fess and Baby Balsam. Just gotta ride it out.

So any body in this group planning on TTC anytime soon?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast