Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #5

Mo Ive not heard of the place you mentioned but happy to go there. Craig will come along. Im easy on 2 meetups...no worries there. Glad you got the nappy.

Viv- we burp the Kellie way too. but i rub her lower back in a circle motion, work my way up and then down to the bottom (so up and down in circles) instead of patting it.

Jas slept 8 hours last night and has all day too. I think my lil orincess is sleeping thru already woohoo!!

Celtic at my 6 week check up last time all the dr did was go thru a checklist of questions (contraception, hows the area where stitches were, weight, any problems), urine test to make sure no infections and all ok. Asked if i had DTD and cos i said yes and there was no worries or pain, he said there was no need for an internal

Trish Jas seems ok with the heat...making her sleep, no need to hold her so im thankful there...and evap cooling is nice so house is pleasant temp!

Ange....OMG another nose picker...my girls are gunna hate me...no snot gets past me! I normally wrap Jas, but in this heat i dont...i just put the wrap around her tummy cos she just pulls her arms out regardless.

Amelia Guest

Ange - I enjoy picking the snot out of his nose and he doesn't care either!! We sleep Rhys on his tummy with a sleep positioning pillow so the heat isn't a problem for me cause I don't wrap him.

Kim it's fairly easy to get to should take you around 30mins to get there
    If ya need directions let me know
    Kim does the Evap Cooler do well in this kinda heat & what kind do you have?
    Phil wont get one cause he's heard they don't work in this heat properly.

Ange i love it to, so nice & the beach has a lot of shallow parts which is nice to sit down in.

Maddi is doing ok in this heat, sleep a lot today, hoping she sleeps this well tonight

Brissy girls! Tuesday the 27th is fine with me!

Sorry having a bad day today! Myles has been sleeping wonderfully but this morning I fed him and he fell asleep which is normal! he began to stir so I picked him and went to put him in his hammock and he projectile vomitted his whole feed up! It was everywhere, I was so worried as he has never ever done this! But he seemed fine smiling and gurgling! So as if I wasnt worried enough then just then after doing the shopping I go to take himout of the car and whack his head on the door! He was screaming I was crying, aarrrggghhh what an awful day! Hope fully tomorrow will be better!

Hope everyone else has had a better day! Sorry Its a selfish post!x

CatherineL Guest

Well I had a GP appointment today with Louie... Gawd what a day... turns out I did tear and could have done with a few stitches! So Vivienne, he is now looked at my hoohaa... I even had to bare down to see what shape everything was in down there. He said everything was great otherwise. Just a bit messy down there I suppose. Second thing was my supply... I've already had to give her a bottle today and usually my boobs are so full in the morning that she doesn't even empty one... this morning, she needed both and was whinging for more - I ended up getting her to settle without anymore. So spoke to Louie about that, he said it's common for mastitis to affect supply levels and there wasn't really anything he could give me because everything they used to give mother's for increasing supply has showen to cause heart attacks in infants and women. He is going to look into it for me though...

Saffi - Seems the Tuesday is better for everyone anyway!

Lauren, nvm about the bf'ing - as we all know they wouldn't sell formula if it was a suficient food source... I mean, with all the drama's that come with bf, what's so good about breastmilk anyway? Just looks like watered down milk to me...

Viv, I use the position mentioned earlier, the skin to skin position, shoulder position, laying bub length ways on my arm and walking around and patting her back and I also use the birth ball... I lay her on it tummy down and rock it or pat her back - seems to be effective, i guess because it's stretching them out so it's easier for it to come up? Not sure... Also Louie told me you mentioned I reccommended him... ROFL

I'm not sure what's going on with Rochelle, but I think she may be dropping a feed in the evening... She has only woken once the last two nights... Since birth she was waking 2 times a night. I too gave in on the dummy today... I really was trying to avoid giving her the extra bottle of formula... The dummy kept her satisfied (Once I finally got the little bugger to take it) for 5 minutes and then she screamed for food - so I gave in and gave her the bottle.. I mean i can't starve her!

Sorry, I think there was other personals I wanted to do, but I'm in a hurry and want to post a post for Barb regarding my supply problem.

Hope everyone sleeps well tonight.

Amber, you poor thing, you have had a rubbish day. I have seen a friends bub projectile vomit before, its not nice.

hmmm might have to look into a sleep positioning pillow Amelia.....

WTG on Jas's sleep patterns. Nice one.

Mo im gunna need directions....im hopeless! I have a GPS, so if u have an address it should be able to find it with all luck!!

We find the evap the best thing we spent dosh on!! Works very well. Unlike a/c it does not dry the air out, so makes it easier to sleep (no dry mouths..lol), quite and cheap to run.

Oh Amber...hugs....some days are just like that.

Thanks to my secret santa! It has made my day! Havent opened them yet, will try to restrain myself till chrissy morning! But it made a bad day really good thanks!x

LizzysMum Guest

Catherine - fenugreek made into a tea is good for milk. tastes like carp tho

hey everyone

tuesday is great for me... anytime just need to look at whereis.com to see where the logan hyperdome islol i dont go that side of town very often.

i sit lachie up for a burp with my hand under his chin, i dont pat or rub for the first minute as he normally burps without the rub. then i give hm a light rub on the back to make sure there is no more. been reading the book "baby on board" by dr howard clinton and he doesnt beleive in burping at all.... so i give it a little bt at the end.... by the way, its a great book to read!!! up to you guys though, i dont take anything anyone says as the bible anyway.

Claire Guest

Viv - HAB: Harry took to it really well. I put him in it within the first few weeks but he likes his head hanging out lolling around not tucked inside.

Stitches: Mine haven't dissolved - I'm a little concerned as I can feel a knot (I think) through my perineum and it's tender to touch. No smell though (sorry TMI). My 6 week check is next week so I guess I'll find out then!

Kate and Ursula - it was really really nice to see you today!

Aw Mo i loooove the look of Ricketts...very nice...!! Will be nice to catch up with everyone there...all we need now is a date and time!

Misskate - Logan Hyperdome is on the M1 Motorway - the highway down to the Gold Coast. So if you know how to get to the Coast, you will know how to get to the Hyperdome. I am so pleased you are coming so that our Lachlans can meet! I spell his nickname Lochie, 'tho my DH spells it like you Lachie.

L has a massive sleep this afternoon from 12pm until 4pm. Impressive. He must have been tired after last night's little effort.

Great birth story Trish. Am amazed that you were able to do housework during them. I couldn't but then again my bubs was posterior so L's birth was never going to progress without intervention.

viv- Im not sure i can explain this without showing but a MCHN showed me a great burping tecnique with nixon and it works every time. You sit bub up and with one hand against their back kind of pushing it so they are straight and the other hand on bubs chest pushing it slightly up and also making him very straight. Usually within a short time Tyron will belch one out!

Claire- so glad you guys met up today, again sorry i couldnt make it. when is the next one?
    Had sales meeting tonight but DH had to fly to Melb today so i got mum to take Nixon for the night and my sister minded Tyron for a few hrs. I fed him before i left and had a bottle of EBM which he apparently guzzled!
    Anyway i promoted to Manager tonight, Claire your new team name is NITRO! It stands for all of the names in my family Nic, Nixon, Trent & Tyron!
    i tried to top Ty up when we got home but he wouldnt even open his mouth! hopeing he has another good night like last night, but just incase he doesnt i better get my but to bed.

Trish i will read ur birth story tomorrow!

good night all.

Congrats on the promo Nic!!

Just a quick hello tonight - feeling very tired...

Burping = we do a combination of
    a) sitting her up on my knee with one hand holding her under the chin/across the chest and patting/rubbing her back, sometimes leaning her forward helps too.
    b) over the shoulder
    c) lying on her tummy across your lap, rubbing/patting her back.

spewing = very random, heaps less now than it used to be. CHN said that their valve at the top of their little tummies is a lot looser than ours, and therefore it is easy for milk to come back up. Can sometimes be that there is wind under the milk, so the milk comes up with the burp.

Enjoy your meet-ups ladies!!

I'm going to meet-up with the Perth BB members on Wednesday

Burping - a middy at the hospital showed us the one that Nic describes. Seems to be effective when we have tried it. A couple of books I have read debate the worth of burping and whether bubs do experience pain from wind. Guess its just one of those things we do in eliminating reasons for unsettled behaviour - I do anyway.

Had a bad night. After the marathon sleeps during the day, he went down at about 7.30pm and slept until 12.30. We went to bed at app 11.30 - tho I slept on couch from about 10. Took me until 2 to get him back to sleep. He was then up at 4am, went back to sleep at just before 5, up again at 6 and now at 7! Feeding him again, in the hope he will have a big sleep, more so for me than him. Is this normal? is there something that you all have found successful to try to space out the o/n feeds?

Childcare nurse at 10.40 so can't have that big a sleep.

Nic - congrats on the promotion.Tupperware????

Kim it is a really nice place, only annoying thing is the flies as usual & you have to pay for parking if you park at the beach.

I'm good for any day & any time really.
    When do you leave & come back Kim?

Congrats on the promotion Nic

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast