Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #7

Wow Amara has had a serious growth spurt Leah! 5cm since last visit and how long ago was that?
    Tyron has grown 5cm since birth i can def notice how much bigger he is now!
    Thats terrible news about your friends twins. One of my gf has twins (both living) but she has this gorgeous necklace that is twin babies like in a womb.... i have no idea how much it cost, but she is on BB (btm2506) she has an online shop for twins stuff so maybe you could pm her and see i she has anything suitable?

Well as you know Tyron is getting BF but for 4weeks it wasnt just not from me and in a bottle, and he put on 1.1kg in 6weeks. and its quiet normal for them to go through a growth spurt about 5-6weeks, i rekon Tyron did go through it last week. and all of a sudden he is noticably bigger!

becky Guest

Wow guys - we made it to page 13!! LOL

oh and i meant to say Kieran is gorgeous Trish i love that pic!
    Tyron has been smiling for about a week nw but i still havent managed to get it on camera!

prolly just decide when we get there again... as viv says, anywhere that wont call the cops on the tough off street stroller gang. are we going to meet outside the cinemas again? at 11.30am???

becky Guest

Sounds good to me..

Brissy meet up - 11.30am on Tuesday 11/12 is good with me. Meet outside the cinemas at Garden City and go from there.

Went grocery shopping but poor L was so overtired that he screamed the entire time. Poor DH was aisles behind me and I could still hear L screaming. Before we went home I had to BF L in the carpark (parents room was closed by the time we finished shopping). But on the upside he was very easy to put to bed and didn't cry or fuss or anything.

Put L's name down at another 3 childcare centres today, and need to fill out forms for another 3. This will make 12 places that we will have our names down for. Not taking any chances that we'll not get a place somewhere. Got all bases covered - places near home, places in the City - where I work, and places near where DH works. Hopefully we will get somewhere near home or DH as the ones in the City are up to $80/day!!!!! I'm due to go back to work at the start of May. Anyone else already making queries re childcare?

Claire Guest

Night all!

I'm beyond exhausted - I'm in zombie land. I need to get to bed earlier!

Face book - KateP I've added you, and Kellie; I think I've added you!

Amber - I have a huge appetite - the thing about bf though is that I'm suddenly starving rather than a slow build up to hungry iykwim?

Nic - great weight loss! you'll look fab for the wedding!

ARG!... too many pages to read and catch-up and way too tired ... we finally finished our little courtyard out the back today, we started while I was preg, but ran out of oomph - so didn't get finished... looks great !

Saffi - I have been meaning to go enquire about hiw long the waiting list is at our local day care and get Kaylee's name down for a couple of days a week next year... I don't have a job to go back to, and have no idea what I'm going to do work wise or if I'll go back to studying, but figure it is a good idea to get her name down as I would like to do something next year. AND we could certainly use the extra $$ of me working a few days a week!!

Someone was looking for flushable liners several pages ago - Nuture Nappies have some!

Morning ladies,

Face book - I have had it for sometime now and is all set up, but I have a qu... To search for people you have to have their surnames, right??? If so with your surnames, I can add you or you can search me, Tiffany Kingsmill.

Leah - I am so sorry to hear about your friends baby. It really does make you realise how lucky we are! I can't be of any help with what to buy as i wouldn't have a clue.

Catherine - Tiera was 3.4kg born and is now 3.78, but did get sick so thats why she lost more weight after birth than normal.

alz - I'm so happy to hear your little is more settled. I'm sure the intake will increase in no time!

Saffi - Have you looked into homebased care near your house or work. Its usually a LOT cheaper and so much more personalised. Just a thought, I know child care these days is so expensive, you find yourself working just to pay for it! I hope L gets into some where lovely!

Antinatal reunion this morning, can't wait. Will let you know how we went when we get home. Have a great day all!

LizzysMum Guest

Morning everyone,

Still very sad today. Have been thinking all night about what to send them. I also don't want to forget the husband in all this. Thanks Nic I have PM'd your friend.

Amara went from 4.2 to 4.9 kg in 3.5 weeks. Eliza was 5kg at 12 weeks LOL!

Re - FB. My DH has one request with my forums etc and that is no photos of the kids on the net. I respect his wishes so FB would probably not be for us?

Have a good day all,

u can control who sees your photos on facebook br giving limited access to people u don't knowor trust. it's not just open posting like forums. (tho i get where he's coming from)

eta: can u tell i'm typing one-handed while jj hangs off boob?

lm - that is so sad about the 29w twins. can't imagine the pain of losing a baby. even when they're naughty screamers.

catherine - heh. good. stay.

did i mention the boy has cracked 6kg and is taking my neck/spine to hell?

still he smiles at me when i go to fetch him from bed so all is forgiven.

signed
    hunchback - hunchy to my friends

Tiff - I had rung about family day care. In the surrounding suburbs where I live there are only 2 family daycare providers and I am told they are very selective about the days they work. Haven't enquired about options near where DH works yet. I agree with how expensive centre based daycare is. Unfortunately don't have a choice about returning to work.

Viv - most of my posts are done single handed. I tend to look at BB when I am BF. DH likes the look of the Grobag Egg so we are going out to get one of those.

Leah - so sad about your friend's baby. IMO the best thing you can give them is love and support as they will need it both now with the remaining twin which I guess will be in the NICU, and in the months afterwards as they grieve. But like the idea of some momento too.

L slept from 7.30pm to 3am!!!! He was so tired from shopping etc. Unfortunately he was then up until almost 5am, and then from about 6.30. We did both then sleep until almost 11 so I have caught up on some of my beauty sleep. Trish, finally got around to reading about Parent Directed Feeding. I think I might give it a go. L proves he can sleep long periods, its now just directing it to a more parent friendly period.

L is in his bouncer doing explosive poos so better change his nappy and get him ready for his next nap.

explosive poos

Hi everyone!

Leah - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's twin, it is just so sad. You are a great friend trying to think of a way to commemorate their angel. On a happier note, well done on Amara's weight gain!

Boomba - You sound so in love with Myles, it's so cute! Did you get any Christmas shopping done? I haven't even started yet!

Alz - How are you going with the soy formula today?

Kellie - Hope there is nothing wrong with Tahlia's belly button. I'm sure it's pretty rare for them to get infected.

Catherine - How is Rochelle treating you today? Still wanting to feed non-stop? I'm not looking forward to the first growth spurt! How are you going with BF'ing this week?

Nickers - That's awesome that Tyron has grown 5cm since birth! You are doing a great job feeding that boy. Are you having better luck with the BF'ing the last couple of days?

Peta - Yay for finishing your courtyard! It's a great feeling to get a big job finished. Enjoy sitting out there!

Tiff - Hope you had fun at the antenatal reunion!

Viv - Wow, 6kg, what a great weight! Your poor back though! I'm used to carrying around my oldest DS (when he is sooky) who is 15kg so Kieran feels like I'm holding nothing.

Saffi - Good luck with the PDF, let us know if you have success. Kieran does his 5 hour stint between his 9pm and 2am feeds, then sleeps for another 4 usually which is nice. Sometimes he will go straight to sleep after that feed too! I love those explosive poos, there is something so satisfying when you hear them! I just don't love them when his nappy is off, like yesterday...

Hi to all I've missed, I've tried to cram in everyone!

We went out for brekky this morning, we walked to a local cafe and Kieran slept the whole time. It is so nice to have a baby who sleeps in his pram! Joel NEVER slept in his, he would just scream so we could never do a lot unless we wore him in a sling. It was so nice to get out of the house and we ran into lots of people who all got to admire our latest addition. We live in such a friendly neighbourhood where all the neighbours know each other so it is very social when you go to the local shops.

Re: the smiling photo - it was actually the first time I tried to capture it so it was a fluke that I caught it first go! I had the camera nearby in case he started smiling. He gave his daddy lots of smiles this morning, DH hasn't really seen him do it yet so that made him happy.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great weekend! I wonder when they'll close this thread???

Trish - cute photo of Kieran smiling. Congrats Kieran on being 1 month!

Thanks Saffi, I can't believe it has been 1 month already!!

becky Guest

Hey guys I ljust made a FB account too - although I must admit I have no idea what I am doing! How do you get so many cool things on your page?? LOL

Wow! 10 minutes to myself at the moment! Liam just went to sleep and I think Chels has just dropped off to! Yippee!!!! Silence! Think I might go have a nap myself........

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast