Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #7

Amelia Guest

Well after Rhys sleeping from 10:15pm to 6am and getting a decent sleep and he has been an angel today....I think shopping last night must have pooped him out!! I can say I have cleaned the house from top to bottom changed all the sheets on the beds and towels and done all of Rhys' ironing!! SIL bought a whole heap of clothes for him when he was born in 1's and 2's and they all needed ironing!! I feel good now cause everything was starting to really s**t me, just the dust collecting everywhere!!

Catherine - Good to hear about selling your investment property in Emerald!! Can't remember hen you said you were leaving to go to the folks, but I bet your dad can't wait to met Rochelle!!

Nickers - WTG on the weight loss!! I have 8kgs to go to get to my pre PG weight but I want to lose a whole heap more as well, I have already started walking three times a week, Rhys absolutely loves being in the pram so that is a bonus.

I can't remember what else I wanted to say!! Damn this baby brain, off to write out the shopping list for tomorrow cause I am sick of having to go back on a Sunday to get things I forget on Saturday!! Lol....

Last edited by Amelia; November 30th, 2007 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Accidentally hit the mouse pad!!

Ok wow... you gals can talk so i didnt read everything...all i seem to pick up was Brissy meetups!

Thanks to the few of you who remembered Chelsea's Birthday it means a lot (even if u did cheat Sarah..lol). I now have a baby and a toddler. She had an awesome day, and got very spoilt.

Regards to what we call genitals. We call it vagina or giny....but more the proper name.

Kim - Glad to hear Chelsea had a great birthday. Of course she got spoilt, she is so adorable!

Kieran has been smiling lots lately and I finally got it on camera before so I have put it on my ticker. Awww...isn't he cute? (Not that I'm biased or anything).

w00t - go rhys! zzzzzz....

*bleary eyed*

if only someone round here would go back to long sleeps!

Amelia Guest

Kieran is gorgeous!! I have only managed to catch Rhys smiling on my mobile cause it is always the closest thing but I have put the camera on the side table next to my recliner ready for him now!! Lol

Viv - Yeah I can't complain about it cause I have a clean house now!! I bet that it was just a one off though cause he didn't sleep at all last night when we were shopping, he just spent the whole night looking round in his pram and smiling heaps at all the people commenting on his fat legs!! Lol...

Trish - That is a GORGEOUS photo Kieran!!! He is so bright! I can never get a photo of Tiera smiling cuz she get too intreaged with the camera lol. I will be working a lot less hrs which is lucky. I definately wouldn't work those hrs with a bub.

alz - He just had regular S26. I was lactose intollerant as a child and had soy milk. When Tiera was a week old she started to get sick and was having green poos (which they say thats a strong sign of illness in bubs) and it seemed to get worse after I had milk. So I was worried my drinking milk was going through my breast milk and making her sick (I thought she was lactose intollerant also) so I stopped drinkig cows milk. My point to all of this(lol)... I was told if babies have the intollerance or allergy, there is a high chance they will have the same prob with soy. Its definately worth a try but its something to keep in mind if it too plays up with your bub. Like I said before its all trial and error, but you'll find whats best and your bub will settle. Good luck to you with all of it, I hope it doesn't take long until you fing the right formular and I'd love to hear how you get on!

LizzysMum Guest

Hi All,

Happy things - Amara's SS arrived with instructions to open BEFORE Xmas!! So we did and it is beautiful! A gorgeous Xmas suit and bib and a Pink hat with Amara embroidred on it and a little stocking that says Baby's first Xmas. Thankyou SS!!! There is also a little box which we are saving for Xmas.

Amara weighs 4.9kg and is 60cm long!!! She has grown 5cm since last visit!!!!

Sad things - a friend of mine had twins at 29 weeks. All was well until one got an infection and she dies suddenly yesterday. The staff at the hospital say they have never seen anything like it before. I am a bit in shock and disbelief. I cannot imagine what they are going through and have no idea what to say. I just start crying when I think about it.
    It is a terrible situation because you want to be happy for the birth of the surviving twin but she is surrounded by so much sadness already.

I want to get them a gift for both twins - any ideas on something as a keepsake for the lost twin???

Makes me realise how lucky I am.

Oh Leah thats awfull! I too can not imagine what they are going through! Arent we just so blessed to have healthy babies! Maybe you could get a little angel stature or something and have the babies name engraved on it? Maybe an angel charm or something, so they can keep it close to their hearts? Big hugs to you and your family!:hugs:

Brissy meet the 12th am I right? just tell me where and what time and Myles and I will be there!

Not much happening here! Trying to get my chrissy shopping done, when I get out! Myles is an angel sorry to brag but he is just so perfect! he hardly ever cries and is sleeping so well! He is talking more and more each day!I just want to eat him! Better not speak too soon he may turn into the devil!haha!

All you girls who are BF do you find you are hungry all the time? I feel like I am still eating soo much! No wonder I cant seem to shift these last 10 kgs! Ha! And with christmas coming I dont think I will stop eating! The bakery doesnt help either with all the yummy christmas treats DH is now making! ARGH I will be a oompa loompa forever!

I am going to try to not turn the computer on this weekend and do a big clean up.....who am i kidding I am addicted to BellyBelly so will probably speak to you all tomorrow...or later tonight!

Sweet dreams! xox

Pish - Thanks. I will keep that in mind. Ethan took 60mls of the soy formula (which is more than he would take of the normal one) and was very settled after. I know that is still not enough but I am hoping it will improve. At least this time he didn't scream when feeding. I will give it a couple of days to see.

Trish - that is a gorgeous photo - I caught Tahlia on the video camera smiling the other day, but haven't yet captured it on the still camera... by the time I find it, she has stopped!

Leah - that is awful news... I agree with Boomba, some type of angel would be nice as a gift for the twin

Alz - glad to hear your little one was more settled after the soy formula

We had to go back to the docs today, they think Tahlias belly button may be infected based on the
    1st swab, although when the doc saw it today she thought it seemed ok, we'll get the results on Monday.

Facebook Users - I've also just created a facebook profile - my user name is kellie delaney, so feel free to add me to your list!

LizzysMum Guest

Thanks ladies...

Forgot to say in answer to Catherine - no I don't have FB, I have no idea about stuff like that. I have no idea how you guys share pics etc, I am a techno idiot!

i know this has been talked about before, but what is the formula for figuring out how much EBM is required for a feed? Is it 150ml per kilo divided by the number of feeds in a day?

Leah that is so sad, i also agree with Amber with the angel idea.

On happier note just want to say we got our SS pressie, Huge thanks to "The Most Secret of Santa's" lol
    I was even a good girl & didn't open it

hey ladies, hope you are al well

amber- and the rest of the brisbane girls... 11/12/07 at garden city.
    How bout we do lunch this time???

Leah thats so sad to hear, wishing you and your friend and families all the best. An angel is a nice gift, or perhaps you could plant two trees or two rose bushes or something like that in memory?

Amber - I reckon I've got a smaller appetite and I'm BF, i think its all the water i'm drinking!

Gotta go, the girl is calling...gggggrrrrrr she should be sleeping.....

Lunch sounds great, kate! We just have to decide on a place in garden city now! Maybe we should just meet then decide?x

CatherineL Guest

Kellied - That's the correct way to calculate approximately how much bub needs each feed. YAY - another FB friend!!

LM - I am so very sorry to hear about your friends loss... that is so so very sad! I really have no idea on trinkets.. I'm not very creative with gifts, that's why I skipped the SS because I suck at that kind of thing. In regards to FB - It's so user friendly... SO easy!! It's great, because I just go to my friends list and see who's updated photo's and go check out their little cute squirts! If you decide to join... you'll have many friends!

Amber - I am definately eating more than I was when I was pg even... and Daniel tells people it's a bloody lot! Much more thirsty and much more hungry...

Amelia - We are leaving on Sunday!

Vivienne - Might be around for another year yet by the time Daniel actually gets into gear with our back yard and when we finally sell this place... So your stuck with me for a bit longer yet I'm guessing.

Anyone elses bub go through a growth spurt around 5-6 weeks? Ro has been a royal **** today... Didn't want to hop off the breast and had cat naps (15-20mins) all day to awake to wanting to go straight back on the breast. Slept the last few hours though thankfully!

Went to nappy palace today and picked up four boxes of huggies nappies. The deal was, $40.95 for a box of 100, then $2 off for the second box, then $3 off the third box, then $4 off the fourth box and if I was to get a fifth box it would be $5 off that box etc. and if she out grows those nappies, I can take any unopened boxes back and exchange them for the next size up. Plus they have cartons of wipes - you know the refill packs? Works out $13 a pack, normal prices is $14.95. Daniel said it wasn't much of a saving and didn't know why I bothered... I was happy with the saving!lol

ETA - Question - It's really for the BF'd bubs, but it would be interesting to know the FF bubs too... How much weight is are your bubs putting on a week? Ro has put on more than a kilo in four weeks.
    Last edited by CatherineL; November 30th, 2007 at 08:30 PM.

becky Guest

Hey all.

Cathreine - I dont have face book but Im about to set one up so I'll def add you then! And Chels was 3.4kg when she was born, but she is now 5kg. So thats 1.6kg in 6 weeks. Not sure what it is a week though.

Leah - I am so sorry to hear about your friends twin. Are they going to have a little service or something? What did they name them? Poor things, there must be nothing worse in all the world.

11/12 is good for me re: the Brissy meet up. Im happy for either coffee or lunch. Oh, and I'll prob only bring Chels. Liam is a bit of a ratbag at the mo, and I dont feel like chasing him through the shops as I feed Chels. LOL'

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast