Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #7

about crying... i won't let him cry alone unless i have tried and tried for hours to settle him and get him to stay asleep in the bassinet. the longest i will let him go alone is 10 minutes, though usually 5. he will only work himself into a right state if i leave him. i need him to know he has a safe place to cry.

he is a good baby almost all the time and is only truly trouble at 5pm. at that point there's nothing i can do for the crying but at least i can be his shoulder to cry on. i see it as him knowing he is safe enough to vent all that emotion/frustration (assuming i've fed,changed, burped etc).

can i insert a brag here... he did 10 hours + 4 hours last night. he's been building up by one hour on the long stretch each night.

(right now he's whinging on grandma though, so maybe i'm not so cool)

I leave Caitlyn alone to cry for 2 mins then I go in and check on her and pick her up give her a quick cuddle to settle her, then put her down again. Then I leave her for 5 mins, go in and check on her etc etc. I make sure she has had everything - feed, change etc etc and if there is nothing more I can do for her....she needs to settle herself.
    Unless of course she gets into that whole hold breath, red face crying - then I have to do something!! I just have to figure out what!

becky Guest

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!

Chelsea is fine! Absaloutely perfect. Over the last 2 weeks, her hips have grown, and they are now 100% normal!!! Yippee!!! Im so relieved!

LizzysMum Guest

WOOT Becky!!! That is fantastic news!!!! WTG Chelsea.

So happy for you Becky

Amelia Guest

Good to hear Becky!!

becky Guest

Thankks LizzysMum!
    i am ecstatic!!!

Good luck today Kim with your appointment too!! Let me know................

Oh Becky, that is fantastic news! I am so happy to hear Chelsea is fine!

Good luck today Kim!

Great news Becky, am very glad to hear.

Kim - good luck with your appt today

Wow Viv - James had a great sleep, definately brag-worthy!

Has anyone found a good breastfeeding dress that would be suitable to wear to a wedding? There are heaps of gorgeous maternity dresses out there but I can't find a nice nursing one... can anyone recommend a label or store??

Great news Becky

Maddi had her vacinations today, My poor little girl.
    It was horrible watching her cry/scream, Broke my heart.
    Glad it's over with for 2 months.

rallybbek Guest

Fantasitc Becky, great to hear!
    OK, lunch for me now, post more later
    Bec

congrats becky. babies are amazing things! she knew what she was doing, just needed a bit of time huh?

lily - i'm not looking forward to the vax day. i'm already a sook ... keep us posted on how maddi goes day to day since having the shots. i'll be curious to hear how it affects her sleep/feeding/behaviour etc.

kate... i have managed to feed in a shirred top dress. yanno, the wide elastic part that goes over your boobs a la 1970s. there are loads of those around. you could dress it up yet a flop a boob when necessary.

Becky good news for both of us then
    Miss Jasmine had her check and the nurse said all is perfect, creases now line up and nothing to worry bout. Now just have to work on the flat head she is getting cos she favours one side!!

Jas is now 56cm and 4.5kg....so a 1kg gain in 4 weeks. Always going to be a petite little thing. Average for everything unlike big sis who is ALWAYS under average!

No worries about the mis-understanding Catherine.

Well done James on the big sleepies!!

Mo vac's are horrible things....Chels has her 12 month ones next week and most times they cause bad reactions...and being older she is more aware of needles! Happy to report she never had reactions to any of the vac's except 6 month ones.

becky Guest

Thats great Kim - We both need to do some celebrating LOL. What happens with a flat head?

Mo - My DS was perfectly fine with all his vaccinations. Hardly even cried for any of them! And never got a reaction so I guess every baby is different!

Flat head is from her sleeping on one side no matter how much i turn it. It corrects itself over time. Basically cos their skulls are so soft it goes flat. Chelsea had a flat side...but as she has grown its starting to go round again, cant notice it as much now she has hair. Sometimes it can get bad that babies have to wear helmets so reform the shape of the head. Jasmine favours the oppsite side to wat Chels did..LOL

I think if it keeps up i might seek advice from an osteopath (sp?) my friend recommended. It could be that her neck muscles are a little tight, hence why she always turns to one side.

thats great news Kim & Becky!

I got my SS pressie today thank you very much! I wont reveal who its from but i knew because i drew the SS, but she put in a pressie for me, Tyron and Nixon which was very nice! Not going to open until xmas morning if we can hold off!

Ive had a shocking day today. well i started at 6am with intentions on leaving the house at 9.15am
    i did no house work just getting me and the boys orgaised. I still didnt get out of the house until 9.45am to go to the meet up. My pram had its 3rd flat tyre in 6months and i stopped at a servo it pump it but didnt work. Then i got myself TOTALLY lost and left my steet directory in DH from the weekend! Luckily Kate & Claire helped me find where they were because i was just about to turn around and head home! Had a nice meet up and Claire & I took the kids to the park, got home and was dead to the world put Nix straight to bed but Tyron woke.... there goes my sleep time.
    I let the events of the day get to me and had a little break down but when DH gets home im going to go do the grocery shopping just so i can have some time out! (if u can call grocery shopping time out!) just about every time ive gone out so far i have had a shocker, i dont know if i just need to chill out for a bit and not attempt it for a while or keep persisting because it cant always be like this can it?

Nixon got a bit of flat head but it got better once he wasnt always on his back and he could sit etc.
    Osteopath is a great idea we saw one for Nix which helped for his reflux also. if a baby gets a really bad flat head sometimes they have to wear a helmet so it can have time to correct itself.

Maddi is doing fine now, all happy think her legs may be a little sore but that's it.
    Think it effected me more than her lol

Kim glad to hear Jasmine is fine, good weight gain
    Last edited by Khaleesi; November 26th, 2007 at 04:05 PM.

Yay Kim! I'm glad to hear Jasmine is doing well. I agree, an Osteopath is a great idea just to get her checked over. I took Joel to a paediatric chiropractor when he was a bub and he was the one who discovered his shoulder was out.

Nic - Don't be so hard on yourself! I am so impressed that you are attempting to get out and about with the two boys by yourself! I haven't tried yet, apart from supermarket shopping or MCHN check ups. I think it all just takes practice trying to co-ordinate everything. It sounds like you were off to a bad start anyway with the flat pram tyre and your missing directory, give yourself credit for actually making it there eventually!! Enjoy your little time to yourself later.

Becky - wonderful news about Chelsea!!!

Trish - very well said about the crying/settling issue. Totally agree with you on that.

Nickers - What a day! Glad you made it in the end.

Looking forward to Brissy/GC meet up tomorrow!! xoxo

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast