Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October - December 2005 #15

Default Babies Born October - December 2005 #15

This thread is for parents who's babies were born in October to December 2005.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Catch up with your old thread here[/URL]

Has anybody else noticed how early a new thread is created/ Not that it matters at all!

I have been MIA as i am sooooo tired and it is never ending - i actually cant really catch up with everyone now as i have to start tea and get ready for tonights TW party! I so cant be bothered with this one - its one of my friends and she doesnt want me to do anything other than set it all up and they can look through it which is great in theory but im so tired- that i am keeping myself awake by not sitting down for anything. she only has 3 people confirmed as coming too, who knows it may end up being a great success! I was just saying to her that i should just drop my bags off and come pick them up tomorrow night and they can just look through it all without me or i can go have a sleep in her room and they can come ask any questions! haha

OK got to go

talk later

Cindy - Sounds like you need to pull rank and slow down before you burn out. It's not fun when it's all go, go, go.

Things are looking good for my wound. Doctor said the wound looks clean and he can't see any sign of infection. So things are on the up and up...

Melissa

great news melissa,now take it easy ok.
    you too cindy,sounds like you really need an early night.
    nikki

Hi!

OMG - Dylan slept 6 1/2 hours straight last night 1st time every!!! LOL - we tried what the mchn said to do yesterday and it must have worked! Woohoo! (Although Louis woke up at 1am...hehe) Still I got 4 hours straight sleep so I'm not complaining!! Haven't had that for ages!!
    I had to go out last night again for tbs (for the dance school fundraiser) and only 2 people turned up - LOL! Still they spent about $135 between them so that wasn't too bad. So I'm back out again for that on Thursday night as well so hopefully we have a few more people turn up!
    Mum was here when I got home though last night and wanted help with her ebay stuff which is all well and good but it got to 10pm and I was ready to collapse! I was getting so cranky....hehe.

Rachael - Ooh a shopping trip sounds like fun!! Maybe you should try and book Milo in before your new job starts??

Cindy - Sorry to hear your so buggered! My weeks like that - out 3 nights for the fundraiser and then a party fri night, sat - and Sunday - with you! A bit too much really!
    Hope the party was a success though!

Melissa - Great to hear your on the mend!

Nikki - Hi! Did you get my message?

Chat later!

yep,got it kristie,you can give it to me next time we catch up ok.

I will ring and check, but they don't like me taking him in early, and it'll be almost a month til his birthday. I will ring her and see what she thinks though..

Hi!

Nikki - If you're sure?? Otherwise I can transfer it over for you...

Rachael - Fair enough...I forgot Milo's a bit younger! It feels like you've been part of our group since the beginning!!!

Had a cruisy day! Went down the shops and got Louis a wiggles cup from Boost - he loves it! hehe. Then he spent the arvo out with Michael in the garage fixing things with the screwdriver - LOL! His hands were black cos he decided to put the screwdrivers up my car exhaust! hehehe.
    I had a very productive day getting the housework done and now I'm on a mission to get my washing done - it's going to be 29 tomorrow!!! Wow!! Might have to get the shell pool out!

Anyway...chat later!

HI girls!! i havent been getting notifications for some reason????
    I survived my day at work yesterday and today i am having a lazy day at home to get all the washing etc done (how exciting is my life), i cancelled the gym coz tori has a green snotty monster up her nose! Might go for a walk tonight instead.

Kristie- your week sounds full on. Looking forward to sundays party! I am doing a champagne ****tail with them, what areyou doing?

The zoo was great wasnt it. Tori fell asleep as soon as she was in her seat as in we were still packing the car and SHae said to me that tori was snoring already, the poor thing was sooo buggered!

I am looking at a childcare centre tomorrow to putthe girls in on my wednesday at work, i like the idea of then having time without any family - tori is getting clingy at the moment which is making life hard. Hopefully they havea spot for the both of them, although mum is still free to have one or the other on the wednesdays - shestresses out having charlotte though.

I just realised i still havent organised charlottes needles!

best be off and do that now while i am thinking of it.

Cindy - becaues the name of the thread changes each time, I have to re-do the notificaitons every time the thread changes.

Hi!

Not much from me...was a beautiful sunny day! We walked down the street and then just hung out at home. I had another night out with the fundraising which by far has been the biggest waste of time ever! For the 3 nights I did less than $300 in sales - grrr - Still I've learnt from it and have worked out a better way to go about it for the future! Kids are well...

Cindy - My notifications are all over the place...A day at home sounds nice!! We're doing a peppermint foot party on Sunday!
    Sounds like a good idea with the childcare - I bet she'd have a ball playing with the other kids and other toys...

Hope you're all well!! Chat later!

i bought hi5 tickets for me and channy in jan.what a lucky girl.
    we are off to a 30th tonight,babies are being babysat and we are just taking the boys,should be fun.my grannys operation went well and she is now recovering in icu.they are happy with how it all went.i spent the whole day cleaning out the garage yesterday it was a huge job but it looks great now,i have a job interview next wed for a position at the local hospital,it is casual work so we will see what comes of it.grant has bought himself yet another car,a ute tis brand new and he picks it up tonight.
    nikki

Hi!

Nikki - Ooh I bet you guys will have so much fun going to hi-5!! Thats great news about your Granny! The part time job sounds great - good luck! Hehe - boys will be boys - I bet he's excited about getting a new car.
    Have fun out tonight!

We've just had a cruisy day at home. I'm out again tonight so just getting ready for that. There's no way I'm booking in that much again ever for one week!
    I ended up falling asleep this morning bf Dylan and Michael woke me up at 5.50am and told me to go to bed! hehe. Louis was up watching tv when I woke at 8am and I got him some fruit and a drink and hopped back into bed. I woke at 8.50am really worried about Dylan but he was just lying in his cot chatting away! hehe. I haven't slept in that long for a million years! Luckly Louis is ok being up on his own! He's such a good boy! I'm still tired though - dylan had a rotten night again last night...grrr. He seems to be so good after his morning feed though - sleeps solid for about 3-4 hours...Oh well.

Hope your all well and enjoying the sunshine! Chat later!

I went to bed at 8.30 with charlotte kast night and neither of us woke untill 6 this morning! What a diference it makes to actually get some sleep! She is getting much better at self settling now, so is tori too she slept right through in her bed last night too which is a first in 2 years!

Kristie - sucks about your parties being such a flop! I have some fundraising ones coming up next month, i hope they do alright. Did you get any bookings from them atleast?

rachael - hows everything going? hows your tupperwre going?

Melissa - so sorry you have been through the wars lately. I hope you are starting to feel better. Tell us all about your dad, what washe like? I know you said it went well and ben loved him. Did you meet his partner too?

Nikki - how was your night out? ANy hang over today? Where did you get hi5 tickets from? Tori loves them at the moment, i should try to get some too, i know charlee loves them also.

Must go do some cleaning - we are out tonight without kids - i have to go find something at the shops to wear! NOthing is fitting me anymore. I also cant believ how fats i lost my boobs after weaning! This sucks, i am sooo going to get implants if they dont inflate a bit just sad saggy things at the moment!
    I'm still doing the diet - not very strictly though, i eat bits of toris food without realising it, she feeds me all the time. I have however lost 3.4kg in my first 10 days though!

BBL - the floors are yelling at me to sweep them

Hi!

Cindy - Wow at losing all that weight already! Well done! I've been watching what I eat a bit with the warm weather here but I'm not very good at it! LOL!
    Wow - what an awesome sleep you all got! It's the opposite here and Dylan ended up in my bed last night - haven't had him with me for ages...grrrr. I'm hoping he's just going through a 6 month funny stage. After getting a taste of sleep the other night I'm not dealing to well with it all crappy again.
    Nup - didn't even get any bookings although a few people were keen...
    My party last night went quite well and I got a booking so thats good. I did just over $400 which is about all that I can aim for at the moment....In saying that, thats a good figure and I'm happy with that...I've got another one today for ellen out at healesville so hopefully it will go ok...
    Ooh have a fun night out without kids - I know what you mean about clothes - I so need to go shopping - I have no summer clothes whatsover (that look nice anyway...) LOl at the implants - I always said I'd get a boob lift after having kids....can't see it happening though...hehehe.

Chat later!!

Tracey where are you?? Hope everythings ok!!

had a great night last night,i was definantly ****y again but woke up just fine.my sister has talked me into getting botox around my crows feet around my eyes next tuesday,oh dear,i would never have done that.
    cindy my boobs have never got back to normal,they are flat pancakes now,oh well,grant still likes them and nothing a good bra cant fix,by the way i forgot to tell you all that both our babies have been sleeping through the night for about 3 weeks now,me and grant cant beleive it,they still get up bloody early but straight sleep is good sleep.grant loves his new car,tis really nice too.i can get more tickets for hi5 cindy,ask nikki and get back to me quick and i will get them before they go on sale on monday to the public,is on the 11th of jan at 2pm at the arts center.i didnt now tori liked hi5 or i would have rung you first
    nikki

HI Ladies
    Sorry I have been MIA I have been SO knackered at night I cant stay up past 8.30. I end up putting Jordan to bed, doing dishes and then heading to bed myself. I am sure my energy will come back in a few weeks when we hit the 2nd trimester.
    Jordan is doing well although he has been getting up at 5.30 for the last couple of mornings. I refuse to get him out of bed though so I let him call for us and talk till I am ready to get up, normally about 7am. I am hoping he will get the hint and just sleep in longer. He is starting to talk a few more words, he has said NANA and ABBIE (our dogs name) a couple of times so we are thinking he will burst into conversation at some stage.

Nikki so glad you had a nice night out and BONUS on the bubs sleeping thru the night. Glad your nanna is doing well also.
    Krisite It is good you can let Louis be up on his own, I worry about Jordan as he gets into all the cupboards (he has worked out the child locks). Good to see you are getting some good sleeps in here and there. A $400 party sounds pretty good to me. You are doing a great job.
    Cindy YEAH at you getting a full night sleep also. LOL at saggy boobs. I am sure mine will head there soon enough.
    Melissa I hope you are feeling better. How is Benjamin? What is he up to these days?
    Rachel I am sure the MHN wont mind if you take Milo a bit before his actual bday. Its only a check up, you really dont even have to take them so they should be grateful you are wanting to go.

Well we cleaned out the patio this arvo and Jamie has headed off to spotlight to get some blinds for our room and the spare room (which will be new bubs room). Our curtains are so crap, the room is bright as by about 7am.
    Enjoy the nice weekend, this is fabulous weather. Lets hope next weekend is the same as we have Jordans bday party.
    XX

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast