Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October - December 2005 #16

Hi!

We're home!! It's nice to be back! So need to go food shopping though! I think the kids are happy to be home as well although they had a great time!
    We went to Mansfield zoo yesterday - if your ever up that way I highly recommend that you go! Louis loved it! It's only small but you have such a great interaction with the animals - the deer just roam free and you can hand feed them, as well as the kangaroos and camels. Other animals you feed with a little spade thing like emu's and monkeysetc. All the animals you could see really really well and we were only about 3 metres away from the lions - they were sleeping but then one sat up and you could hear it's purry noise.. Amazing! Anyway...we'll be back next year for sure!

Nikki - We're looking at buying around Boronia, ferntree gully area...wherever we can find an affordable place with a largish backyard...hopefully in the second half of this year we'll get organised.
    With getting p/g again...we'll try again once Dylan turns 1 so probably around April! I don't want to have to much of a gap between them...but we'll see how it all pans out...hopefully it doesn't take too long...

Having such a lazy day...I really should get some of this stuff packed away. I'm going to have to do a trip to Ikea at some point to buy some containers for all these new toys!!! I really want to get their rooms organised...

Chat later - Hope your all well and coping with the warm weather!

Hi everyone
    Sorry I have been MIA with going on mini holiday and working over the xmas new year break.
    We are all doing well. We are having probs with Jordan not wanting to go to bed though in the big boy bed. As soon as we shut his door he is out of bed and coming out of his room. I was funny the 1st time and now its getting exhausting. It took us 2 1/2 hrs to get him to bed on tuesday night. It has taken me nearly an hr this afternoon to get him to sleep.
    Did anyone else do this when they moved to the big bed? Did it stop after a while? I am hoping it stops soon as its exhausting for me.
    I had my midwife app yesterday and I am so happy as she said I would be a fantastic candidate for VBAC. She said I had a great labour and shouldnt have same issue with Liam. Aparently 2nd babies dont get stuck or turn the wrong way so heres hoping I can get the birth I want.
    I am feeling him lots now which is nice. He certainly is a active little tacker. I cant wait to meet him now, only 19 weeks to go.

Nikki thanks for the congrats.... I cant beleive we are half way there already. Hope you had a nice new years and I am sure your new year will be anything but boring, you are always up to something.
    Krisite I hope your house and baby plans work out this year. That sounds like a great year ahead. I am also trying to sort out toys.... its such a hard task.
    Melissa I hope Benjamin grows out of his bully phase. I am sure you didnt do anything to encourage it. He wil calm down dont stress. I would continue to discipline him and see how you go.
    CIndy hope you had a nice new years. I cant wait to see Charlotte crawling around. I cant beleive how quickly its all happening. Are we going to hear the wedding bells for you this year??????
    Rachel Hope the house plans go well this year for you.
    Kirsty I hope you had a nice new year and you are all well.

Well I gotta go and hang washing out and decide what to do for tea.
    take care
    XX

we are going to try milo in a big bed soon and I am petrified. I have heard what you are describing many, many times tracey and I'm sure thats what will happen.
    ATM most nights when I put him into his cot he says 'no cot, bed' (meaning my bed) or just sits up grinning and says 'out, out' It can take an hour as it is on a bad night, I think I'll got nuts it it was 2 and a half!
    He's also startied taking off his nappies AND HIDING THEM! and tells us hes a nudie boy!

Hi girls!!!! Happy new year.....

Tracey - I cant believe how fast your preg is going, we will be meeting him in no time now!

Rachael - i have a nudie girl here - we have a blow up pool in the yard that has a water slide and fountain and as soon as she wakes she takes her nappy off and jumps in. It a bit cute although annoying when you are trying to get out of the house.

With the wedding plans Trace - we have decided we will buy a house this year and once we have done that we will have the wedding/housewarming in one! we will use the first half of the year to get rid of our little loans here and there and then look at buying, als dad has said he will give us the deposit (it will be aninvestment for him as he has just retired and has money sitting around at the moment so he would rather have it invested somewhere and it will help us out too!

Nikki- i askedmy ex about the tickets and he cant get any then as he will be on holidays then and he has to get them as though he is wanting to use them. So sorry about that! When do you go away? is it next week? Whats hapening for harrys birthday? any plans? Al keeps asking about you guys so we need to organise a catch up for when you get back.

Melissa- bugger about ben, im sure it is just a phase though...

ok, i am off, might go for a walk - we are on a diet at the moment and it sucks big time so i need to exercise!

house plans sound great Cindy.

Neil took Milo to the "Bee Circus" performance at the Melbourne Museum today, he loved it!
    He kept trying to do somersaults and handstands all afternoon!

He's very into dancing and movement atm. I was flicking channels over the christmas break and the ballet was on (swan lake) and he was tranfixed. He chucked a wobbly when I turend it off so we had to watch the rest of it. He kept spinning and saying 'strong man, pick up a lady' DH was SO unimpressed. He has a very caveman attitude to ballet/dance, gymnastics,a ndthing liek that.

I reckon its cute though, he keeps asking me to put on the ballet!

Well tonight took 1 1/2 hrs to get Jordan to bed and I am ashamed to say I LOST IT tonight.
    I ended up giving him a few smacks and even swore at him ( I was crying on his bed at one stage).
    I am not sure why but my temper has hit an all time max. I am loosing it a lot lately and I dont like it.

I hope this doesnt continue much longer as I dont like the mum I am when I have lost my temper.

Night all think I will head to bed and sleep it off.
    XX

Hi!

Tracey - Big hugs - we had a bit of a stage like that a few months ago - it was really hard to get Louis to sleep - I was almost thinking he didn't want day sleeps anymore but we don't have any trouble now...well sometimes a little bit at night but nothing major...Hopefully it passes soon...ours lasted a couple of week so I think.
    Don't feel bad...just take some time out and it will be fine - you're no doubt tired from growing a bubba and bedtime/nighttime dramas are always harder to deal with...
    Yeah at a great appt - wow - the time will fly before he arrives I'm sure!!! Very exciting!! I hope you get your vbac!

Rachael - We didn't have any dramas initially with Louis going into his big bed so you never know!! Even when he wasn't going to sleep easily he wasn't hopping out he was just singing and playing etc. It's only hard for us because Dylans in there as well and he wakes him up.
    Louis has always called out for us to get him but now he just comes out when he's finished - so cute -you just seem him at the door after his sleep...sometimes he gives me a fright! LOL!
    How cute him loving the dancing - I think thats pretty natural - it's pretty amazing stuff! I'm going to enrol Louis into dancing when I can!! Even basketball players have learnt ballet to help them with strength, flexibility and agility!
    LOL at taking off nappies and hiding them!! Louis has been a nudie boy lately as well

AND

We're fully toilet training - he goes on the potty all the time!!! Even up at the farm he would be in the baby pool and hop out to do a wee and then go back to his swimming! He's doing so well - although - he went all morning this morning without a nappy and no accidents!! Except I put undies on him and he sat down and did a wee in them! LOL! He's just not sure about pulling them down - LOL!
    I bought Pull ups from the supermarket today so I'll use them when we're out and about...other than that I'm not sure how to go about it all now really...hehe! I bought a toilet seat and step for our toilet so we'll give that a go tomorrow! I really can't wait until he's out of nappies - just from the expense mainly! It's crazy buying 2 lots of nappies all the time!!

Cindy - How exciting at buying a house!!! How are you and Al going?? All sorted?? Good for you going for a walk!! I went for a couple up at Bonnie doon but I got a bad blister so that was the end of that...

Oh, went shopping today - got Louis and Dylan wiggles t-shirts and 1 came with a captain feathersword sword and the other with a wags tail - soooo cute!!!!

Chat later!
    Last edited by Krisvee; January 3rd, 2008 at 09:12 PM.

hi all.
    cindy thats fine,thankyou for asking him that was really thoughtful.im glad you and al have had a chance to sought out your future together,grant was devastated to think you may have split.
    tracey dont be so hard on yourself,most mothers loose it and swear at there children,i know i do,it isnt right but it is perfectly human.
    chantelle is also taking off all her clothes and nappy ALL THE TIME,she never has clothes on for longer than a few minutes.she is also asking to go to the toilet.she has done poo in the potty and big toilet several times in the past week and also wees but has also had many accidents.i am going to buy her some nickers today.
    we are off to qld on sunday and to be honest with you i dont even want to go.we are hard up for money at the moment,and i just know that it is going to be hard with 4 of them.especially on the plane.and at the moment the weather is absolutly horible up there.oh well we are going so we will just try to think positivly through each disaster cos i know there will be many.
    racheal corey and james both did gymnastics and loved it,it is very good for the brain as it teaches them how to control there bodies and excercises the left and right side of the brain.
    melissa,dont be too hard on yourself,being a mother is bloody hard especially when you have a child who does not exactly come out the way you always dream.corey was always a very challenging little boy but thank goodness he is growing out of that.hang in there and maybe try the posotive parenting program,it is absolutly fantastic and is designed for children between the ages of 2 to 5.i have done it twice with james and corey.it is also called the ppp program,maybe you could ring the maternal child health nurse or google it to see if it runs in your area,the nurse will tell you if there is something similiar for you aswell,really have a good think about it cos it does work and is much nicer than yelling at your kids and losing control which is what i did when i felt it was tooo hard to handle and i felt lost.
    okay check in on you all tomorrow.
    nikki

I cant believe you are all toilet training! I just leave tori without a nappy and get her to pee on the grass (joking!!) I am going to have to get her one of those toilet seats that has steps coz she wants to sit on the toilet,not the potty but she wont let us help her which means she just falls in!

Nikki- i am sure you will have a great holiday - just promise you wont love it to much up there and leave us or i will cry and cry and cry!!!!! How did your friend go with her amnio? Has she had it yet?
    I have a party out your way in a 2 weeks!
    Al and i have decided we need to bite our tongues and stop the smart ass comments and only say things that have meaning and are needed to be said and so far it is working a treat, last night we went for a nice walk as a family - something we never do and it was great untill he became a smart ass about something... He is learning though and it has to get better - one of my friends is offering to have th girls while we go to couselling too which is great of her - i just have to find somewhere that has appt that will suit all of us now! There is loads in our past to do with our early days of our relationship that we have never really dealt with and we need to for the girls sake and hopefully it will all work out, so tell grant- no breaking up at the moment.

Tracey - I just leave tori to crack it in her room and lots of times when i go in there once she has been quiet for a bit she is asleep on the floor with multiple layers of clothes on! I have lost it a few times at her too, ainly when its night time and i am buggered too - i crack it moreso with cha in the middle of the night though if she decides its play time, i kicked the front door and yelled the other night which scared the crap out of al who came running down from the spare room..Of course as soon as he put her to bed she went to sleep no problems but our issue with her at the moment is that she has discovered how to stand up and jump holding the side of the cot so she automatically rolls over and does it when we put her in there and then she gets upset coz she cant get back down blablabla.... over and over again and again she does this!

I realyl hope tomorrow isnt as hot as they are saying it will be - i have a wedding to go to and its all outside including the reception, i do however haev a new dress and shoes to wear to it!

Ok i am off- i have one of the girls from playgroup coming over soon with her 2 girls - tori is very excited!!!
    I ahve to clean the kitchen though cos for some reason i decided it would be a good idea to cook tea this morning! i have even done all the washing and swept and mopped the floor - all before 9am - what a good housewife i am today

cindy,bec is having her amnio on the 11th and then it is a 2 week wait,for those that dont know,tahlias mum had a little boy before she had tahlia and at 5 months old they decided to go away for a holiday ten minutes from home on there way back she turned around to check on brodie and he had a runny nose,she wiped it and thought he looked very limp,she thought he was asleep initially,she then discovered that he had infact died.they rang an ambulance to meet them at home and sped all the way home while trying to resuscitate him,when they got home the ambulance worked on him and they all decided that because they didnt know how long he had been dead for to let him go due to possible brain damage etc,they discovered later that they both carry a very very rare gene that will be passed on to 1 in 4 of there pregancies,i cant remember what the diseaese is called but there is no cure and most babies will die before they turn 1.they were very lucky to have a succesful pregnacy with tahlia,they are part of a support group with other families and they have seen them have multiple pregnacies and babies with the disease and it is heart breaking to watch there friends try unsuccesfully to have babies that die.they have decided to have the amnio and will terminate if it is positive as it would be unfair to tahlia and them selves and of course the baby to go through the heart break of such a short life.as you can imagine they are very nervous,she is 11 weeks pregnant at the moment.
    nikki

we are still in melbourne,we had to cancel the trip yesterday when i discovered that i could not get a hire car for our family of 6 anywhere,we were going to be stranded in hervey bay and our flight to go home was in coolangatta 4 hours drive away.we managed to re organise the trip but it cost alot to re book etc,we are now leaving tomorrow morning and going traight to the gold coast where we will stay for the week.i even got a hire car there that willl fit us all in.have a safe and lovely week and i will pop in on sunday or monday.
    nikki

Have fun guys!!! I hope the weather settles for you! If you need any advice or directions give me a call!

Nikki what a drama I am glad it all got sorted out for you. Have a great holiday

Well Jordan is playing get out of bed again tonight. Its 1 hr since he went to bed so we will see how it goes I am hoping he will stay in there now.
    Take care everyone
    XX

Gee its quiet in here at the moment!

Where is everyone??

Not much to say here at the moment though - just plodding along! Looking forward to hi5 on friday!

i hope jordy goes to sleep for you trace

Hi!

We're having dramas with Dylan sleeping tonight as well....we're doing cc and it's just not fun...little bugger though...he went to sleep ok but now doesn't want to settle at all...

Louis did poo's on the toilet today!! LOL! He's only in nappies at sleep times now! We went out for brekky the other morning and Michael even took him to the toilet and he did wee's at the urinal! LOL! I'm a bit nervous about going shopping and out and about though so will use pull ups for a while I think!

Tracey - I hope Jordan sleeps for you! It really is so draining at night time!

Cindy - Have fun at Hi-5! I'm sure it will be great! Have you got many parties lined up at the moment?? I've got 2 this weekend and our conference on Saturday so a busy weekend for me!!
    Good on you both for deciding to go to counselling!! I hope it all works out!!

Nikki - Hope you have a great trip! Bugger about the mucking around! How sad about your friend...that's awful...

K - bit of tidying up and off to bed with me - chat later!

Well last night was a disater. Jamie ended up getting into Jordans bed at 10.45 as he was still running about everytime we shut his door. Jamie said he was awake till atleast 1ish.
    Jamie came into our bed about 3ish and I was awoken by "hello mum" at 6AM!!!!!! Can you believe he didnt even sleep in after such a late night........so cheeky.
    Today we let him sleep for only 3 hrs and we put him to bed at 7.30. I read him 2 books and then left his room. It took an hour but he was asleep just after 8.30 and we havent heard from him for an hour now so I am pleased. TOnight was a lot better.

Kristy I hope you had a better night with Dylans sleep tonight. YEAH on Louis and his poo in the toilet. I cant believe he even used the urinal. Thats so clever. We have put a hold on the toilet training as he just isnt ready. He will sit on the potty and then stand up and wee on the floor. I dont think he understands just yet.

Cindy I hear you on the quietness. HOpe you have a good time at hi-5 on friday. How are the girls going?

Well tomorrow is the start of my weekend (YEAH) I have started my new roster so have wed-thurs off each week. If anyone is intersted in catching up sometime soon let me know. Prob not this week due to the massive heat wave we are having. COuldnt bear being out and about in the heat.
    Feeling Liam moving a fair bit now which is nice. I cant wait to meet him and see what he looks like. I dont think I want a 3d scan now as I think seeing him will be a surprise and I dont want to spoil it.

Take care
    have a great night
    XX

Hi guys!

Kristie, yay on Lewis doing poos in the toilet. Milo always asks to go when he is in the bath, and last night was no exception, thought he was squatting and giving other indications that he really might need to go, so I tried to put him o the toilet at my parents place. They dont have the little seat attachemnt though so he got really scared and started screaming and crying hysterically, poor little guy. I hope I havnt frightened him off! SO off to get a toilet training seat for them today at lunchtime.

Tracey (and Kristie) I hope the bedtimes are imporving. Still havent gotten Milo in to his bed yet.
    Neil wants to just convert his cot to a bed (it does this) and save his big bed for when we move, where as I'd rather have him settled in the new bed when we move, so that at least his bed will be familiar and he'll have that feeling of security...does that make sense or am I being the smothering, overprotective parent again?

Nikki - hav a wonderful time!

Cindy - I'm definitely not going to sessions Have decided we really need the time for us and I think it will be too much to take the day of our first family holiday to put t/w first, as much as I really really want to. I'll definitely get divorced if I go.

Milo is back at creche today, he has gone up to a new room but will still have one of the same teachers from last year. He really liked both of them but one girl was only temporary,and he wasking asking if she was going to be there...

I hope it all goes OK today, I am thinking of ringing up and asking how hes goingt after lunch, its like when he first started going, all over again. haha

We've got a 3rd birthday to go to on Saturday, for my cousins daughter and they're having a baby animal nursery (I hope Milo doesnt expect this kind of stuff every year) on Sturday morning. I was telling Milo this morning that there'd be baby animals, like sheep and ducks and bunnies, and he looked at me and said "baby tigeeee mummy? baby grarfee (giraffe)' lol I think out tript ot he werribee zoo confused him!

Neil didnt get home til nearly 2am last night, His band is recording an CD, they got signed to an independant record label for this record anyway, and hes going to be away most weekends and every tuesday night working on stuff. Yesterday was his birthday too
    This morning he tells me that the vocals last night didn't go well, and that theyre redoing it tonight! We're supposed to be having his make-up birthday dinner on Thursday so they had better get it right tonight.

Rachel WOW on Neil getting a record deal. What is his part on the band? I am sure Milo will do well in creche. He is such a happy go lucky kid I cant see him having any problems.

Krisite Did you have a better night sleep with Dylan last night?

This afternoon took half hour to get Jordan into bed. I read him a book and he came out a few times but settled off to sleep just before 1.30 so I was pleased. I wont let him sleep for more than 3 hrs though as he wont be tired tonight.
    I am enjoying my 1st day off. Have had to do heaps of housework which is annoying but now I wont have any for tomorrow. I still have to motivate myself to clean the shower but cant seem to do it.
    Take care everyone
    XX

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast