Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October - December 2005 #16

Tracey - he plays drums and is also the main singer

Hi girls!

Rachael - how exciting on them getting the contract! I hope it does bigthings for them. I am with you on the getting milo ready in his new bed before the move.. I am not going to sessions either - I paid my money but have a party booked that day and she wont reschedule no matter what i say and she aparently has about 15 people coming to it so that should be good!
    I start my parties on the 19th and I'm actually not looking forward to it, i am really enjoying not doing anything much at the moment coz the girls are so much fun! Oh well- i love it when i am doing it!

Kristie- is dylan walking yet? Charlotte wants to and is getting around as much as possible standing up holding on to furniture etc and this morning she was even letting go and standing for about 10 seconds before falling!

Tracey- i am hanging to see you and you belly! I have never seen you pregnant before!

The girls had their first half day at child care yesterday and we have to go again this arvo (soon actually) and they both had a ball- tori was very excited about all the new people that little social butterfly she is! She kept saying 'we read books with neew people, lots of new people!' which is really nice and chacha took a bit to go to sleep coz of all the noise but she actually had her bottle while being held which is huge- she usually only drinks it if she is lying down on the floor or her cot!

Ok gotta go get organised!

Talk later

Where is Kirsty???? Whats her actual BB name so we can search to see ifshe has been on recently??

CIndy I am glad to see that both girls enjoyed child care. Tori would just adore being around all the other kids like you said she really is a social little butterfly.

Well the heat wasnt too bad today, the house atyed comfortable and I even got a nanna nap in whilst Jordan was asleep. Liam has been kicking about today which is nice. I love that feeling. It has taken just over an hr to get Jordan to bed tonight. I wheeled the computer chair outside his door and sat there whilst he fell asleep. Its been 2 weeks now and its getting better. Please let there be light at the end of the tunnel.
    Work tomorrow, BUMMER, I have so enjoyed my 2 days off.

Take care
    XX

We had Hi5 today and went with Nicky and Charlee and caught the train in which the girls loved!! They had a ball and now both of my princesses are sleeping already! I am knackered too so i think i am going to go lie on the couch!
    Sorry - to tired to think about anything sensible to say in here!

hi guys,we are back and safe.we had an absolutly fantastic time.we are a bit sad to be back in reality again but love all the comforts of home.there is lots to catch up on in here and of course all my gossip so i will check in tomorrow as i am rather tired now and piles of washing to start.
    missed you all heaps.
    nikki

Glad to hear you had a great holiday Nikki! Cant wait to hear all about it....

Glad you had a nice holiday Nikki, it is always nice to come home to your own bed and shower etc. Hope you dont have too much washing. Cant wait to hear all about it and see some pics.

Cindy Glad Tori liked HI 5. I thought she would though, I can picture her dancing in the aisles. Hope you got a rest in.

Well we have had a tiring weekend. Friday night Jordan went to bed with not too much drama however he woke up at 1am crying. As it was pitch black he couldnt find his way out of his room so bumped into things which made him more upset. Afer trying to get him to bed again for 2 and a bit hours I woke Jamie up to help. He then stayed up till nearly 5am ( I did too as was too awake to sleep). When he finally went off to sleep Jamie came back to bed and we both couldnt sleep. We ended up "doing it" so we could realx and fall asleep ( it worked). Jordan was up at 7am though so I was knackered.
    I didnt go to work saturday as was exhasuted. We went to ILs for the afternoon once Jamie finally woke up about 11. We got hom at 3ish and Jordan had fallen asleep in the car. I woke him at 5 as I didnt want thim to sleep too long as I think thats half the problem. We are now cutting his sleeps to 2-3 hrs tops.
    He went to bed at 8 and Jamie took over putting him to bed. We are now taking the touvh approach and he got a few smacks and a toy taken off him each time he got up. He lost 5 toys last night LOL (he will get them back in a week)
    I went to bed at 9.30 as I was so tired and was woken up at 6 but Jordan but feel much better today.
    We have spent the day nesting. We did the backyward, we removed a tree. Then I cleaned out the linen press and Jamie and I did the pantry.
    So its been a busy and exhausting weekend and I think I am looking forward to going to work for a rest

Hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend.
    XX

Hi girls, Have been awol from here so need to spend some time catching up on everything that I've missed.

I've been quiet on the forum as my pregnancy has continued to have it's challenges. I've continued bleeding every day from 41/2wks and then sprung a leak in the amniotic sac last weekend. I'm now on bedrest/couch rest while we wait to see if the sac heals over. Until recently I've been trying not to let myself get to attached to the idea of being pregnant as the medical advice in lieu of the super heavy bleeding has been that I'm miscarrying. Seems the baby has other plans however. He/she is growing really well and has a nice strong and steady heartbeat. I lost about half of my amniotic fluid last week so it just remains to be seen as to what the future holds. This pregnancy is bearing an uncanny resemblance to my pregnancy with Gus. With him I bled every day until 19wks, when I sprung a leak in the amniotic sac. The sac kept leaking slowly until 23wks when I completely ruptured the sac. I managed to go back out of labour and remained in hospital on complete bed rest until 29wks. Fingers and toes crossed that this baby's fate is not the same as with Gussy. Tis very hard on the bubba having such a tumultuous time inutero! Not to mention hard on me. All the blood loss has really left me extremely weak. There has been some talk of me having a blood transfusion to help my body cope, but I'm really keen to avoid that if at all possible.

Gussy's well. He's still tiny (9.6kg and 82cm), but an absolute dynamic bundle of energy, seems to be quite bright, and never stops talking - even in his sleep! He runs, climbs, jumps, rides a trike, is mastering a scooter and is currently trying to learn to hop. Very funny to watch. He no longer wears nappies during the day (he decided a while back that he is a big boy now!) and sleeps in a big boy king single bed. he ha! Tis so funny seeing him still so tiny in that big bed. He's about the same length as the pillow!

Anyhow that is enough blabbing on my part. How is everyone? Miss you guys!

oh kirsty it always cheers me up to hear from you,i am soooo sooooo happy that your pregnancy is still progressing although quiet fragile as it is.have the drs told you that this is what will happen with all pregancies for you,i just cant beleive that this is all happening to you again.dont worry too much about gussys weight,i had chantelle weighed at the drs last week and she is spot on 10 kilos,she is just petite but guess what i also had harry weighed and he is also 10 kilos,what a heffer.harry is 1 on friday,that time has just flown,he is standing up on furniture and my legs at last,he is relly going to take his time walking that is for sure,he is also crawling around now too which is good as he is not quite so bored.harry had a nasty case of bronchiolitis last week just before we went away to the gold coast,it was the same virus that landed him in hospital last july but he has got over it really well this time thank goodness.
    last saturday we went over to my sisters house for a quick visit,corey was playing with the cat and harry had to be restrained a few times as he was a bit rough with it.
    well i got a message from my sister a week later to tell me that they had to have the cat put down becuase its tail had been yanked out from its spinal cord socket,she instantly blamed corey and will not speak to us at all,corey was not hassling the cat at all,he was playing with a mouse on a peice of string,harry may have pulled its tail but we didnt hear any meows from the cat at all,we were with harry and corey the whole time so i cant see how either of them could have injured the cat like that without us knowing about it,also she didnt have the cat put down until 1 week after we were there so it could have happened anytime in that space.i am furious that she has just pinned the blame on corey without even asking us any questions or trying to compile info about our visit.she wont spaek to me at all now.she nor i will ever know if it was one of my children or not but she wont even let me try to explain anything to her.she has just wiped her hands with me and my family.what a cow,if she was cross at corey why is she taking it out on me anyway.i honestly couldnt give a toss right now anyway,i dont need that crap in my life.
    back to work for me tomorrow,i am actually looking forward to it,as you said tracey it is like a holiday when you are at work.4 kids has been hard work the last few weeks.
    chantelle is going to the toilet a few times a day now,she is still in nappies so sometimes chooses to do it in there,i need to get her some nickers so we can start properly.she asks to go a couple of times a day,i will be using pull ups too kristie for when we are out and about.i will try to grab some tomorrow on my lunch break.
    i have to say that i am really lucky with the bedtime routine with chantelle,right from the start she is great at going to bed and staying in bed,we have had occasions when she comes in while we are asleep but she just hops in and goes back to sleep.
    ok,i think that is all for now ladies
    nikki

Kirsty I am glad to see that the pregnancy is still progressing. I am sure this bubs is a fighter just like Gus. I hope that everything continues to go well for you all. Its nice to hear Gus is doing well and turning into a little character. Its funny to think he is the length of his pillow Jordan also looks like small in his bed. Please drop in when you can, we love to hear from you.

Nikki OMG is your sister serious. Families really suck sometimes. I cant belelive she would blame the kids without even knowing if they did anything. I wouldnt continue to try and explain I would let her get over it and calm down. I am sure she will realise how silly she is being. I cant beleive Harry is going to be 1 soon. Time has flown thats for sure. He does sound like he is taking his time with the walking, nothing wrong with that (I should know)
    ENjoy going back to work, I think you prob need the rest after looking after everyone for the holidays.

Well tonight is another bed nightmare. Jordan went to bed at 7.30 its now 9 and he is still getting out of bed. I am over it. He didnt get his nap till 4 today as Jamie was out and about so I guess that doesnt help however he only had 1.5 hrs so should be knackered. I am so hoping this phase ends soon as its getting very tiring for everyone.
    Liam is starting to kick heaps which is nice. My SIL felt it today at work which was nice. I just cant wait to meet this little fella and see what he looks like.

Take care
    XX

Gee it is quiet in here,i had to go topage 2 to find us.

Well hope you are a having a good night, Jamie put the cot side up the side of his bed so he couldnt get out. It was really good. Lets hope he gets the hint.
    2 days off now and loving it...take care
    XX

Hi!

We're going well here! Had a huge weekend with a parties and our conference - we got our new catalogue and a whole lot of new products for free which was fun - a very inspiring day also with lots of stories!
    Anyway - Kids are good...we kind of - Louis had his biggest tantrum ever today - like he went off the deep end but we're all good now and Dylans going through a stage where he doesn't really want to sleep in the day again - 2 x 45 min naps is it but he is sleeping really well overnight so I won't complain!! I hate cc but it really does seem to work!
    Louis is continually blowing me away with how clever he is (he looked in a book today at a picture of a a clarinet thing and asked me "what musical instrument is that?" I had to ask him twice to make sure! LOL! He's also being really beautiful to his Dylan - sharing with him and being really nice. So nice to see (although they of course have their moments!) I love waking up to them having a giggle in their room - they love pulling faces at each other and they just crack each other up!
    Dylans taking steps now! 2 steps is the most and he's standing up on his own all the time! Crazy kid!! He's just so gorgeous though!
    I don't know where all these nice words are coming from really - I had such a rotten day with them - LOL! Although - It's always nice to reflect when they're asleep! hehe.
    Toilet training for Louis may have to go on hold again....he's got the concept well and truly but as soon as he has undies or anything on he just wee's in them - on the potty - but he's just not interested in trying to pull them down - which would be fine but he doesn't tell us when he needs to go - he just does it....hmmmm....I mean I'll leave him nappy free at home but just won't persist with anything else just yet maybe...Any advice????

Tracey - I'm sooo sorry to hear that Jordans giving you so much trouble...Does he sleep with any toys/dummy?? I would just take those away from him until he agrees to go to sleep maybe?? I'm a hard a*** though! hehehe. My sleeps to precious to stuff around with though (as I'm sure you know!!!)
    Sorry just read your later post and sounds like thats what your doing!! I would definitely cut down the day sleeps...I've done that as well - 2 hours max for Louis and preferable 1 1/2 seems to be helping a lot. Also we're putting Dylan down first now so Louis gets a bit of extra time up with us reading books and having a cuddle...so his bedtime more around 7.30-8pm ish now depending on how easily Dylan goes down...
    Another idea - I do this with Louis as well (mainly because I have to or he'll wake up Dylan!) but I actually take him from the room and put him in time out...he usually gets all upset and asks to go back to bed - which he can if he goes straight to sleep!! LOL - oh the joys!
    Wow Tracey - this p/g is really moving along!! It seems to have flown!! (easy for me to say - LOL!) I can't wait to see your tummy!!!

Rachael - Did you end up getting a toilet seat??? I bought one but it doesn't fit on our toilet - grrr. Louis doesn't like going on big toilets either - you can see how it would be a bit scary for them. And Louis is full of scary at the moment - scary ghosts, scary monsters etc. He'll come running in and say "mum monsters coming ah ah ah" He's only playing but I think he does have a little element of fear as such...no nightmares though so thats good!
    I agree on the bed thing with you - I'd get him settled in it before the move!
    How exciting about the record deal Wow! Sounds like it will be a bit of pressure on you time wise though!! Hope it all gets recorded quickly!

Cindy - So glad the girls went well in childcare!!! Thats great! Yeah at Charlotte standing up!! It all happens so quickly!!
    So glad you guys had a great time at Hi-5!!!

Nikki - Glad you had a great holiday! LOL at Harry and Chantelle being the same weight! Wow at him being 1 on Fri - how time has flown! Sounds like he's going really well (other than being sick...poor munchkin!)
    Big hugs....that seem really strange with your sister...I mean - to not even listen - how frustrating. And...accidents happen anyway - as if you wouldn't talk ever again...seems very strange!
    Gosh - I bet you are ready for a break having all the kids at home!!!

Kirsty - So good to hear from you - Big hugs! I hope that everything goes ok - sounds like you have another little fighter on your hands!!!
    Gus sounds just gorgeous - how is his eating going??

Ok - I better get to bed! Chat later!

i had a big chat with my sister,she is still convinced that corey did it but she is ok with me now.i told her that it is hard raising 4 children and that corey is certanly a challenging child but that she should not steriotype him just becuase he is hard to handle.she was actually really helpful and got some books for me from the library about how to change negative behaivours for all age groups.i learnt alot of this stuff at the ppp program but it was designed for 0-5 yo.so i will be interested to see what other info i can put to positive use around our house with the children.i am always happy to welcome in any positive advice to help me mould my young ones into respectful well rounded people.
    james got a good school report for his academics but very poor for his homework and behaivior,we are paying $5000 a year for him to go to thew private school and we have told him this year if those grades dont improve he will be taken out next year and go to a local high school.so he hates our guts right now and says he doesnt want to be a nerd.
    i got chantelle her nickers today and she is now wearing all 8 pairs.hehehe!
    chantelle has 1 sleep during the day from about 11am for about an hour to an hour and a half,she goes to bed at night by about 7.30.harry has 2 day sleeps for about 3 hours in total and also goes to be at about 7.30.
    grant is inquiring about working at bunnings today he has had enough of plastering as he has been doing over 20 years,my BIL works there as a manager so he is going to see if he can get him a decent wage to start with other wise he wont go for it.we will find out tonight.
    all else is well.
    nikki

Hi Ladies

Well we may have solved the bed dramas (touch wood). Jamie put the lambs wool over the gap between the end of the bed and the bed rail and Jordan seems to think he now cant get out. He didnt even come out once last night and this morning he was calling out to me to get out This afternoon he went to bed no hassle either. I think we will continue to trick him into thinking he now cant get out for a while longer till he forgets about it.
    This morning I went to the baby shop and checked out some new linen for Liams cot. I dont want him to have all hand me downs. Saw a really nice set which had all construction trucks and cars on it. Its really cute and isnt too baby like so will see him thru to toddler bed also.
    Cleaned up the house AGAIN, so over housework. Started nesting already I think as I was scrubbing the kitched cupboards (they needed it though).
    Had NACHOS for lunch OMG they were devine.
    Out for tea tonight to meet my BILs GFs parents..... they live in Perth and have flown down for a visit so we are meeting them tonight. Should be a nice night, bonus I wont need to cook.

Nikki I am glad you sorted things out with your sister. Its terrible to fight with family. Its nice she is also trying to help you with some issues at home. Looks asthough you have the sleeping well under control now which is fantastic, you certainly had a tough time with it. So sorry I couldnt make it down to play centre today. Would love to meet there next week if you want on wed or thursday. Let me know what days better for you.

Krisite Glad to see you are enjoying the boys. I cant believe Dylan will be walking soon. I guess I am not used to fast movers The boys certainly sound like good friends, I would love to hear the giggling in their room, so cute. Hope you can relax after your busy weekend.

Cindy Hope the girls are still enjoying daycare. How is the tupperware going? I received your catalogue however I SO dont need anything.

Rachel How is the house plans going? Hope Milo is well

Take care everyone
    XX

Hi!

Quiet day here for me...Dylan actually had a 1 1/2 arvo sleep - a miracle! (although he woke half way through I just made him go back to sleep - LOL!)
    Louis stayed dry through his day time nap so I thought that was impressive!!

Nikki - I'm glad your sisters talking to you...I hope you get something out of the books but I think you have a beautiful family - from what I've seen the kids have been so good!!! Kids are still going to be little terrors sometimes....Sounds like a good plan with James - might be enough of a kick up the backside to get him going...I think a lot of the kids really struggle with all the homework these days - I think their under way too much pressure too young!!!
    LOL at the knickers!
    Wow at Grant looking into Bunnings...I can't imagine the pay would be that great but you never know!!

Tracey - Yeah on sorting out the bed dramas!!! Bugger on all the cleaning - oooh now I feel like nachos - hehehe!
    I haven't done proper housework in ages and I have so motivation too - I've decided that when we buy a house I'm getting a cleaner!!!!! Especially if I'm going to have another baby and I'm doing my work...It's enough keeping it clean and keeping on top of the washing that there's no time left for actual cleaning (and I hate it!) and then it will be a bigger house as well!!
    Enjoy your night out!

Chat later!

money at bunnings is crap,certainly not enough to support this family anyway so it is more plastering fun for my poor hubby.
    tracey i dont think i am working next wednesday so i will be able to catch up then,kristie and cindy are either of you free also?harry has been cruising around the loungeroom tonight pushing one of those stride to walk play center thingies.he giggles evey time he takes a few steps,i think he has suprised himself as well as us!

Yeah at Harry "walking"!! I'm free next Wed but I assume Cindy will be working....

WOW GO HARRY. I hope this is the start of bigger things for him. Its nice when they are able to get around on their own. Cant wait to see him in action.

Where did you want to go on wednesday then? Should we stick to the playcentre? I am easy

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast