Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October - December 2005 #3

Yael If you are unhappy with your OB I would suggest trying another. You have to see them for the next 9 months so why put yourself thru that? Hope you feel better soon.
    Rachael Sounds great idea to have a family swimming morning, Milo will love it I am sure.
    Missy I hope Callum has a nice sleep for you today. It feels like a loosing battle sometimes when you put them to bed and all the they want to do is play
    Krisite I am glad Louis loved the story time. Bumer about the tanty though. I am sure no one realy gave a toss though. All kids chuck them now and then.
    CIndy Not long now till you move, hope you are all organised.
    Nikki Poor Chantelle. Hope she gets better soon
    Becka LOL at Maddie not wanting to be picked up. I guess she feels independant now she can walk.

Well dancing again was brilliant. I am so enjoyng it. Only 7 more days till Hawaii now OOOH I am so excited. Jordan was out of sorts when he got home from mums last night. He was SO clingy and sooky. I sometimes wonder what he does there all day as he isnt himself when he comes home from there.
    I cant belelive that he is still asleep. I put him to bed at 7.30pm and he hasnt stirred at all. WOW. I want to go to baby bunting and babyco today for babyshower present so will go have breaky and get myself ready in time for Jordan waking up.
    Take care everyone XX

Hi!

Louis had swimming lessons this morning and did really well! Had to stop and pick up some stuff for dinner tonight - I'm cooking Butter Chicken - I make it just with potatoes for me and it tastes just the same! (well the same sauce).
    Dh and I watched a dvd last night (alexander) it was so boring we managed to both have a nap through it, had some fun on the couch, and it was still going...so boring! hehehe. (Dh has now decided that he like boring movies - hehehe)

I want some Cool weather!!!!!

Missy - Sorry to hear Callums not sleeping well...Do you think he just wants 1 day sleep now?? I started off with Louis having his around 10.30-11am but now he won't sleep until around 12.30-1pm....I swear he's going to be one of these kids that drops all day sleeps early - lucky me!!! Hope he sleeps better today - that would have been good having dh to help!

Yael - So sorry to hear about the slap cheek...hopefully everythings ok! Does sound like a good idea to change obs/hospitals...Your better off doing it sooner rather than later!! You don't want to be stressed about it the whole time...Sounds like you got some good buys at bigw!!

Tracey - Ooh the countdowns on!! You're going to have such an awesome time!! I wonder if Jordans just getting a bit overstimulated while he's there?? It must be so hard....What a great sleep in he's having though!! Have fun shopping!

Tracey, Nikki and Cindy - I'm having my baby shower on Sunday 18th March @ 2pm...It's just going to be an arvo tea, very low key! I would love to see you there!! Just let me know whenever!!
    Last edited by Krisvee; February 22nd, 2007 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Wrong date....

i will be there kristie.
    nikki

Krisite I will not be able to make your baby shower as that is the same day as Kristens. I wont be able to make either yours or Cindys, what a bummer.
    I will have to see you during the week once I get back. Oh I am so disappointed I cant make it.

Nikki how is Chantelle today?

Had great time at baby bunting, bought Jordan a puzzle where you put the shapes in, its a farm one so has animals and farmer etc. really cute. I also got a little toy for Kristen for her baby shower.
    I have just finished baking the plate for my friends brother, a wedding plate. So will not have to send it off.
    Jordan and I had Maccas for lunch (naughty mummy) and he is now in bed. Hopefully for atleast 3 hours.

XX

harry has thrush all through his mouth,can anyone tell me how to treat it and what causes it.
    nikki

Hi Nikki, Sorry to hear Harry has thrush. I've copy pasted an article discussing thrush and breastfeeding below for you...

"Breastfeeding and Thrush" written for BabyCentre UK

What is it?
    Thrush is a fungal infection in the baby's mouth that can spread to your breasts, causing your nipples to feel sore and itchy. It is also referred to as a yeast infection. Other common signs of thrush are:

In the mother:
    • cracked nipples
    • deep, shooting breast pain during or after feeds
    • itchy, red, or burning nipples
    • vaginal thrush

In the baby:
    • white patches in mouth that are not easily washed off
    • nappy rash

What causes it?
    The fungus Candida albicans causes thrush. Everyone has this fungus in his or her body -- it's a normal part of the digestive system and generally bacteria keep it in check. But occasionally it gets a chance to grow and spread and that can lead to an infection. Breastfeeding can create the perfect environment for thrush - it thrives in warm, moist, sugary environments, which is exactly what your baby's mouth is like during breastfeeding.

Eating sugary foods, taking antibiotics, getting inadequate rest, stress, allergies, and injury to the nipples from poor positioning can also set the stage for an infection.

What can I do?
    Thrush is one condition that you are better off not treating on your own. If you suspect thrush, contact your GP for diagnosis and treatment. She or he will probably prescribe an antifungal medication. Thrush can take up to a few weeks to cure, and you and your baby need to be treated simultaneously.

In the meantime:
    • Wash all toys, dummies, and breast pump parts in boiling water after each use, to avoid re-infecting yourself or your baby.
    • For the same reason, wash your hands frequently, especially after feeds.
    • You may want to add lactobacillus acidophilus (available in pill form or in acidophilus yogurt) to your diet to re-colonise your digestive tract with the friendly bacteria that keep thrush in check.
    • Try to keep your nipples as dry as possible, as thrush flourishes in damp conditions.
    • Use only plain water to wash your nipples

To ease any deep breast pain, you may want to take a mild painkiller like paracetamol until the worst is over and your treatment begins working. Always check with your GP or health visitor before using medicines.

Will it affect my baby?
    If you have Candida or a fungal infection on your nipples, the chances are that your baby has it, too, even if you can't see any telltale white spots. She needs treatment just as much as you do - and at the same time, or you may pass the infection back and forth.

A baby with thrush may be more unsettled than usual during feeds, or reluctant to feed because of mouth tenderness. Other babies, however, may not be bothered at all.

Can I still breastfeed?
    Yes. Thrush shouldn't affect your ability to breastfeed your baby, and you can continue throughout the course of your treatment.

Hi!

Not much from me...

Nikki - So glad you can make it. So sorry Harry has thrush...I don't have any info - looks like Kirsty's got it covered!!
    How's Chantelle going?

Trace - Bugger you can't make it...never mind!! We'll catch up soon after you get back from your holiday! Glad you had a good shopping trip! Hope he had a big sleep for you!

Kirsty - Hi!! How are you and little Gussy?

thanks heaps for that kirstie.how are you and gussy going.it is great that you still pop in from time to time,love hearing from you.
    kristie,chantelle is still sick as a dog,danni came over today and poor chantelle spent most of that time crying and clinging to me,she also had a big spew on daddies crisp fresh newspaper that he didnt get to read.she crashed out early tonight and was in bed at 6pm.hopefully she will be a bit better tomorrow as the penicilin should start to do its job.
    nikki

Awww poor little munchkin...how are you going?? You must be exhausted! I hope you can get some sleep tonight...

Nikki when Jordan had thrush we used a cream from the chemist. you put a little on your nipple before a BF and then in their mouth aswell.
    I cant remember the exact name so ask the chemist, I think it was daktozin????
    Hope you get good sleep
    Kirsy nice to hear from you, hope you and Gus are well.
    Krisite I know I am so disappointed about not being able to make it.

Jordan went to sleep really well tonight so just popped in for a quick chat

Night all

Nikki - with the oral thrush - go to the doctors and get it checed out. For milo I used the daktarin gel, its over the counter, and his went away very fast. My nipple thrush was another story though, and I ended up with a bottle on gentian violet.

The causes in the article Kirsty posted are right. If you had it he could have been exposed at birth (thats what happed with me)

Rachael - Benjamin isn't circumcised either. Benjamin hasn't had any problems to date in his nether regions, but he does pull at his nappy when he needs to go to the toilet. His Aunt had been teaching him to do that without me knowing up until recently, when I questioned the action. I do need to ask Dh's mum for the potty she has for Benjamin as I think he's now well and truly capable of trying it out. Little accidents happen but, I think we'll manage. I hope you sort things out with your little guy

Tracey - I'd love a vacation like that...Make many lasting memories when you go though...

Kristy - Nice of you to pop in here...I hope the family is going well?

Nikki - Not a nice time for Harry atm...I hope you find something fast to cure it

Yael - I hope bub in tum stays happy and you don't find probs later

Missy - Benjamin fights his morning nap now. He's been hanging out until after lunch to crash and then going to bed early. I totally don't mind the early to bed bit though it's a nice change from 10pm bed time, but he's making up with a 6am rise. I wish they'd make up their minds huh? Time will come when they don't sleep during the day at all. Oh well...

Melissa

Hello Ladies,
    Well things sure do move very quickly around here!!!
    I applied for a job at the new Priceline Pharmacy opening up near my place and good news. I have already had 1 interview on Wednesday and they called me today to come in for a 2nd one so that sounds promising.
    Well nothing much new around the Leith Household at all…
    Jett has not taken any more steps since the 4 a week or so ago, maybe it was a once off??
    Jett can’t walk but he gets around, I found him in the toilet and didn’t think anything of it. Took him out and closed the door only to have Ben say ‘what is Jett’s toothbrush doing in the toilet’. I had to laugh, lucky he has a few.
    My cards sales are going okay I have of loaded 5 of them so far, it is more a hobby than anything. If I get this job I will have zero spare time so??
    Yael – I will be thinking of you all, I hope that the news is great. I have an info sheet on slap cheek if you want me to email it to you??
    Christie – I hope things are going well for you, not long now. I keep trying to catch you on Msn but you never seem to be about.
    Rayray – Glad to hear that Milo is doing better, I just can’t wait till Jett can tell me what is wrong instead of trying to guess all the time.
    No nappy pulling around here, occasional willy touching but that is about it, pmsl!!
    Tiggy – I am going to have to get some scape booking tips off you. I have no idea where to start or even how to start. What do I need??
    I have got my meds now so things will hopefully be getting back on track and that ‘Black dog’ will run away. It has been my own fault I have put off getting them thinking things would be fine, but as normal they were getting worse.
    Missy – Glad to hear that Callum had a blast at swimming. I would love to get Jett into it but I am so slack I must make some calls.
    Wow you have to spunky looking kids. I just checkout the photo’s, tell that girl of yours she is so pretty.
    Beck – So good to hear from you. I am missing your posts!!! I hope that you are getting on track after having your wisdom tooth pulled I am suppose to have mine done but I am putting it on the backburner for now.
    I bet that you are getting really excited about your boys (Westlife)… I know that when you finish from the concert you will be hoarse from all the singing and screaming.
    Tracey – Nothing wrong with the odd Macca’s, Jett loves it if we are on the run or for a treat.
    Anyway sleep is needed...

Hi!

Not much news here....Oh Louis' new thing is to say "one more" hehe. So if he's eating grapes or something he'll look at me and say it...hehe. Soo funny!

Hi Trace and Rachael!

Melissa - Good luck with the Potty!!

Danielle - Good luck with the job at Priceline - sounds good! Oh no at the toothbrush in the toilet! hehe. When Louis started taking steps I would bribe him with the phone to walk towards me! hehehe. It worked!! Glad the cards are selling!

Hope you all have a great day!

Just popping in to say Coco took her first ever step today, all by herself!! Very exciting and we've only waited 15 months for this milestone!!!
    hope everyone is doing well. Im having a jewellery party tomorrow and madly trying to catch up with people to see if they're coming. Amazing how few RSVP's I've received!!
    have a good one xo

Woohoo Coco!!! What a clever girl!!!

Went shopping today...oohh I'm in so much trouble - bought all the toiletries etc for my hospital bag and bought Dylan and Louis some new clothes! Dh is going to kill me...MUST STOP SHOPPING!! He's away for the weekend and when he gets back we're going to sit down and work out a budget...so needed!

Meg - Yay Coco! Most of us usually duck and cover, the moment anyone says Tupperware party. I'd love to actually go to a jewellery party, or at least be invited to one. Can never get enough bling bling, but the funds in the bank say otherwise. You can always dream though

Melissa

coco is a clever girl.
    tracey just messaged me to say that jordan took his first steps today also.well done jordan.
    both my babies are in bad shape,chantelle is still very sick,absolutly miserable,her throat must be so sore cos she hasnt eaten since monday.i got harry some stuff for his thrush from the chemist,the pharmastist said he had a very nasty case of thrush,poor little man.i have to say this has been the week from hell.
    nikki

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast