Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October - November 2005 #22

Hi!

I had a great day with the kids...even with they're sniffles we headed out to the shops - we didn't make it food shopping though...I bought them new sandals each - Dylan chose bob the builder and Louis chose Diego and we got Michaels fathers day present (a poker set...) and then had lunch in the food court - we had nori rolls and both boys sat at on the big chairs at the table and had a banana buzz as well...they were sooo good! I then found a gorgoues blankie and soft doggie for Ethan...pretty much the same as Dylans but in different colours...the boys will give him the doggie as a present when he arrives and Ethan will have a present each for them! Then because I'd bought something special for everyone else I thought it was my turn and bought a new pair of sunnies...not expensive but my old ones were sooo scratched. The boys fell asleep on the way home and so I had a chance to chill out and read and then all 3 of us cooked pizzas and I bathed them (Michael is in bed with the flu) and they went crazy splashing everywhere - I had to protect myself with a towel - LOL! Was so cute to hear them giggling away though! They're now tucked up in bed so I'm definitely chilling out..the only bothersome thing is that now I have to do food shopping tomorrow instead! LOL!
    Sorry for the rant...just had a really nice day with the kiddies...

Tracey - Wow at Jamie being home now! How long is he at home for? Will be so nice having him at home doing all the jobs! Hehe. Michael would honestly have no idea what it's like to have the kids day in and day out...he hasn't even had to look after them for 12 hours I don't think...
    I know - I have to harden up I think...LOL! I don't want to be one of those mums that steps in all the time - it's just going to be hard to have to watch him learn those lessons though iywkim?
    I'm sure your boys will be the best of buddies as well! They woke up after a nap and Dylan was saying - hello louis, and had to go over there and climb up on him and give him a big cuddle...so cute!

Nikki - Thats great Grant can see things from your perspective from the time he spends with the kids...

Hope everyone is well!

Oh and I have a strange question...I actually baked today and when it says grease and line with paper I do that and whatever it is that I cook always sticks so the paper...drives me nuts...Does anyone have any suggestions?
    I'm only asking because I know you guys - especially Alex and Cindy do a fair bit of baking...

Chat later!

baking.........................whats that??????????????????????

LOL Nikki...I'm a bit that way as well...I can't remember the last time I made anything other than dinner...LOL!
    I've even packed all my cake tins but I was craving sweet stuff and didn't have anything so made a apple/custard slice thing...Yum except half of it stuck to the bottom...

Kristie I cant help you with the baking problems I wouldnt know what to do with baking paper...... I am useless in the kitchen. Thats nice you had a nice lunch with the boys and you all got something new, its nice to splurge now and then

Nikki I think Jamie will cope fine and I think he will realise how tiring it is looking after the house and boys, he is currently asleep on the couch LOL and its only day 1.

Well work was fine. I managed to express a bottle and half over lunch time so that was good. Topped it up tonight so I have 3 bottles of EBM in the fridge. I am aiming to keep 3 in the fridge at all times. He should only ever need 2 when I am at work however I have the 3rd just in case I am late etc.
    It was so nice to come home to the boys tonight. I do miss then when I get home, at work I am a bit distracted and dont have time to worry about missing them. I know they are in good hands though.
    Jordan was actually really enjoying laying on the couch with Jamie tonight, it was so nice to see.
    Hope you have a nice weekend, I have to work tomorrow 8-3.30 so will be fun....might surf the net if its quiet ( fingers crossed )

Kristie - I never use paper. If I have to use a tin (I use tupperware! lol) the I grease and flour the tin, and thats normally fine.

Tracey, a bottle and a half? wow I could never manage anywhere near that when I was expressing for Milo

OK folks, the linen party date has changed, it will be Sat 20th Sept at 7:30pm.
    The relos went and organised a family do for the 21st so I had to either change mine, or have no guests

ETA: yay yay yay!!! Our house sale went unconditional today and we no have a nice sold sticker on the board out the front!!! Yippee.

congtaulations racheal.wow it has been a great week for you guys this week,heres hoping that it is the start of some wonderful things for you guys.

Rach - Congrats on the sold sticker going up and, OMG I just noticed your ticker too...You guys must be stoked?

Kristie - I bake a fair bit too. I usually get the non-stick pans, and no even though they say that, it's not always true. Anyhow, I've done the same thing you have with the cake stuck to the paper or the biscuits then I finally got homebrand/black and gold greaseproof paper I think it is, anyhow, it's shiny one side and I put that side up and I don't tend to have any probs with anything sticking totally now. I always bake my biscuits on it. I normally only grease and flour my tins if absolutley needed and then I mainly just quickly use spray oil in my pans. Good luck cooking...

Well, I got out of hospital today after being in there a week today. Anyhow, surgery went well and mostly everything went to plan. I was so happy when my surgeon came in to reassure me everything will be ok and not to worry. She had changed her mind about cutting me side to side and was gong to cut from above my belly button to about an inch or so below my sternum. That help me relax a little. They tried to give me an epidural between my upper back and my waist, but after 6 or more shots they gave up and just knocked me out, which I would have much preferred to start with. My cyst was bigger than they thought so they had to go through my stomach wall and out the other side to get to it then cut a whole in the cyst, drain out the fluid then stitch it to the stomach then close everything back up on the stomach on the way out and then they removed my gall bladder. Turns out that I've got signs of past infections in my gall bladder and that it was a good thing it was removed before the trouble starts. I was on my feet 2 days after surgery and in critical care ward for 2 days then in surgical ward for the rest of my stay. I still have the staples in until wednesday but I'm doing ok now. I'm still very sore but it's to be expected, after all it was major surgery. Now I'm into doing the healing thing and happy to be home again with my family.

Melissa

Urggghhh - we're all so sick! It's such a pain when we're all like this...Of course no-ones sicker than Michael which makes it hard to get any help - LOL!
    Went to the TL book launch thing yesterday - was so great - there's some awesome new books in the new catalogue and they're changing it to a 6 monthly catalogue which will be great as well! There's so many I want to get - I think I've accepted the fact that I won't ever make any money from the books - I keep buying them instead! LOL!

Tracey - Glad work went well and you came home to dinner cooked! LOL at Jamie being asleep on the couch early!

Rachael - Yeah at your house sale going unconditional! Woohoo!

Melissa - I'm so glad to hear everything went well with your surgery! What a relief! Sounds like getting your gall bladder out was a good thing then! Thats great you seem to be making such a quick recovery!! Just make sure you take it easy now though...

Hope everyones enjoying their weekend! My house is a pigsty and completely full of tissues! LOL!
    Last edited by Krisvee; August 31st, 2008 at 04:31 PM.

hi guys.kristie what is wrong with you all,are you battling colds.?i really hope it passess quick smart so you can enjoy the sunshine
    we have had a busy few days,grant and i had to dig up half the back yard to find the leak in our pool it took us almost the entire weeknd but we found it and it is now fixed.we also put new sandstone blocks around all of the garden beds and we cant belive how wonderful it looks,it was hard work cos they were very heavy and we had to dig up the ground so they all sat even but it is just devine now.
    i had all the kids home agin today,harry did end up with gastro last week and james had it all weekend,corey has had a nasty cough so i took him to the dr today to find out that he has asthma,he didnt look too good tonight when i was tucking him in so dont know how he will be tomorrow.chantelle was bitten on the face and behind her ear by a spider on friday night and her whole head blew up and she looked like a mongy.i have filled her up with antihistamines and she is back to normal now.we went to a 21st on sat night and it was the saddest and boringest party we have ever been to.i actually felt really sorry for the girl having the birthday.
    melissa i hope the healing is going well and that benjamin and dh are being carefull of your needs,take it easy and lets hope that ivf will be not too far away.
    racheal how are you feeling.any morning sickness?
    tracey how is work going and how is jamie going being mr mom.
    alex how is lara?
    hope the boys are all well and that you are well too.
    cindy thanx for the message about kate cebrano but we are going to pass we arnt big fans although i know kate personally.i used to teach her nephew in prep and she often came to collect him she also was a patron of the school and sang at our school concert.
    okay thats all for one day
    take care every one
    nikki

Hi!

Nikki - Yep all have fluey things...we've all had fevers and really nasty coughs...I thought Dylan might have avoided it but he started coughing this afternoon...It's those coughs you have that just really kill your chest...we're all feeling very sorry for ourselves...Michael had the day off today as well but is heading back to work tomorrow...
    Gosh, sounds like your kids are having a bad run of it...seems like everyones getting last minute winter illnesses...poor Chantelle getting bitten like that and poor Corey having asthma!!

Must go to bed but they have a Justin timberlake concert on foxtel and I've been drooling all night - LOL!
    Chat later!

Mel - thanx for the congratulations, were are pretty stoked.
    Nikki - no m/s as such. I had none with Milo so am hoping it stays away. Have been feeling pretty tired though, and mega sore bbs.

Dr is making me have a dating u/s that i dont want to have That wil be on 17/9

Not much else to report at this end, mostly arguing about baby names.
    Zephyr has been floated around (I know you wont like it Tracey dont get too scared I doubt we will choose it)

Hi!

Rachael - LOL at arguing over names already! I've had a dating scan with all 3 p/g (due to my own impatience - LOL!) Will be nice to see a little blob...
    Glad your feeling well though!

Well, poor Dylan has the worst sounding cough...he was really wheezy this morning but seems to be a bit better since having brekky...I'm just as much of a sook as I don't know how but when I cough it really hurts my kidneys...maybe cos everythings squished up with p/g??

How long do you leave your kids with a cough before taking them to the dr? Louis got sick on Sat but his cough has broken now and it's more just a normal cough iykwim?
    I'm so not a fan of antibiotics but I know if they need them they need them...don't want to be a bad mum and let them go too long...
    So another day sitting around doing nothing...Michael's back at work even though he probably shouldn't be - it's so cold and rainy...The boys have so cute giving each other cuddles all the time when they're coughing...they both hopped into bed with me today for about 40min just lying with me cuddling...Poor little munchkins...

Ok..now I'm just rambling...hope you're all well!

I have just lost 2 posts and am about to lose the plot - i will come back later, having a BAD day at work! I need to find a new job i think, i have no patience for my patients anymore!

Big hugs Cindy! Hope the rest of your day improves!

Kristie - I normally take Milo if its getting worse and its been more than 48 hours (unoless there are other symptoms as well)
    I knw that my GP wont just dish out antibiotics though, and will most of the time come up with an alternative way to calm or manage it, and then use antibiotics if ii need them (Sometimes he writes a script and tells me not to get it filled for 48 hours to see if tehre is a change)

Did another HPT this morning! I need to be sure! LOL that makes 7. This is the first one thought, where the test line has come up before the control line so I am rapt!

When is the puffing billy again Nikki?

LOL Rach at doing more HPT it is hard to beleive it some times. Its funny you are fighting about names already. I dont think we had even discussed them yet. WOW you will be having your bubs around Liams 1st bday, thats so cool

Cindy I hope your day got better. I too dont like my job at the moment. I am hoping that I get into school so that I can get out of the job sooner rather than later.

Nikki I hope your kids gets better, its awful when they are sick.

work has been good although i am so not interested in being there. I am not at all interested in the work anymore. I just want to get into school and learn something. My entrance test is next wednesday and I cant wait.
    Expressing has been going well at work which is a releif I am able to do it in about 1/2 hr and then eat some lunch
    2 days off now so time to sleep in YEAH
    take care

my day is much better today!

What great weather! I am totally sun burnt though after a morning out the back weeding my lawn! the whole thing is just weeds weeds weeds!

how is everyone???
    I cant remember what everyone had been up to so cant really comment sorry.
    Tracey - how is work going? Is jamie home full time?
    Rach - i peed on sticks constantly!
    What has everyone got for their other halves for fathers day?
    I got al a BBQ knife block and a BBQ recipe book which he will love coz if you havent noticed we are kind of in to the old BBQ!

sorry, got to go charlotte just woke and on the wring side of the bed by the sounds of it!

fathers day present! lol
    Milo will make a card, and I will probably get one too but that will be about all. With all the house stuff going on, repayments on both etc he might get a delayed Fathers day when our sale settles!

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast