Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October - November 2005 #22

wow tracey next wednesday how exciting,all i can say is use your common sence on a question that you are not sure about,they are mostly multiple choice so the answer is there in front of you,maths is my weakness so i really had to take my time with that and tried to be quicker with literacy cos that was my stronger area.good luck mate,from memory i found out within a couple of days or within the week if i was accepted into the course.Have you done your letter.
    cindy COME BACK i hope you are ok buddy,it sucks when you have a bad day.are you still applying for a course.
    kristie if dylan is wheezy please take him to the dr.this is the nurse talking now!!!!!!
    he may need prednisolone if it is bronchioltis/Asthma,you only have to give it too him for 2-3 days and it will pick him up very quickly.he has had it for more than 48 hours so i think it wise to have them both checked over to ease your mind.sometimes untreated, these things can go on for weeks so if there is somthing that can help i think he would benifit from it.
    James is better but corey cough is still terrible,the school rang for me to pick him up cos he was coughing so much that he couldnt get involved in any thing they were doing.he is on seretide for his asthma and ibilex for his chest infection so it should start to kick in by tomorrow.
    i am a very naughty girl,i went shopping with the munchkins this morning to buy fathers day pressies and ended up spending $400 on c and h at the surf shop.i bought c 2 really cute pairs of roxy bathers cos they both start swimming lessons this saturday.I couldnt help myself there was too many cute things i just HAD to get for them.the babies were acbsolutly horrible and wouldnt stop throwing tantrums the whole time we were there.GGRRRRR.
    yesterday corey was walking to his cousins house which is 2 mins away when a group of grade 5 boys started teasing him about his clothes and telling him they were girls clothes,corey loves all the bright colours that are out for boys at the moment.any way they came over and shoved him in the chest and he fell off his bike onto the ground,i was so upset when he came in crying and james ran out the door to find them he was going to bash them all up.i stopped him of couse and rang the school,the principle was great and it looks like there all up for suspension,you should have sen grants face when we told him what happened,he wanted to front up to there houses to embarress them in front of there parents but i managed to stop him,i was worried that the parents could also be feral and grant end up in a fight with them,this is so not my thing,we are peaceful people.
    i cleaned out the garage and got vinnies to come and collect all our unwanted goods,i could have got a fortune putting them all on ebay but i couldnt be bothered.
    anyway that it for me
    oh racheal the puffing billy day is sunday the 19th oct.
    nikki

Just a quick one from me...spent all night last night at Maroondah hospital with Dylan...he had croup and they wouldn't let me take him home until nearly 3pm today...I'm sooooo tired! Michael ended up having to stay home with Louis...
    Dylans all good now though after a couple of doses of prednisolone?? What a long night...I just have to be grateful that it wasn't when we were in the middle of moving or after baby Ethans arrival...

Will catch up tomorrow...Chat later!

kristie omg,you wont beleive this but i wrote a humungous post today for you about dylan possibly having bronchiolitis/cruop and i wrote that i wanted you to take him to the dr to get him on some prednisilone.it was the nurse in me typing not just a nosey mum.it is important that if you hear a wheez that they get seen especially after 48 hours max.
    im glad he is alright now
    nikki

Hi!

Well, I had a nice nap and dh cooked dinner which was so nice...I hope the kids sleep ok tonight...

Nikki - Wow - what a great nurse you are! I didn't notice you'd posted until you wrote just now! Spot on! LOL at your super shopping spree - I can see how easy it would be to do in those shops...we're on a tight budget at the moment (and probably for the next 30 years - LOL!) Woohoo that interest rates went down yesteray! LOL!
    Poor Corey - How awful to have that happen to him - I hope the kids to get suspended - serves them right!

Cindy - Sunburnt??? Gosh...I still feel like it's the middle of winter - although we've all be so cooped up inside...I can't wait til we're all better!
    The kids got Michael a poker set thing - like he needs any more encouragement...hehe.

Rachael - LOL at taking more tests...I guess it's hard in those early weeks as it doesn't really feel real...

Tracey - Yeah at taking your test next week! How exciting! It would be hard to stay motivated at work when you want to be doing something else! Good luck!
    Glad the expressing's going well for you - your so good for doing it!

Not sure what to do with myself...should probably just go to bed but the house is such a mess...hmmm decisions...might have to go to bed and have a read...chat later..

Krisite sorry to hear you had a rough time with Dylan hope he is ok now. I hope you got some rest also.
    Nikki OMG I think Jamie would have decked those kids if he had the chance.... he doesnt take bullying to well. LOL at your buying presents for the kids instead of Grant.
    Cindy YES jamie is home full time now till early Dec.

Well today i had a nanna nap on the couch I am so tired having to work and still get up to Liam at night. I am sure he will sleep thru the night sooner rather than later.
    off to bed i think, tomorrow is my sleep in I think

Kristie, glad that Dylan is better now...poor little man..And glad you had a nice nap too.

Nikki, it is sooooo easy to spend heaps in those surf shops hey!! I bet chantelle and harry are going to look super spunky too!!! And I really hope Corey is ok..What pigs some older kids can be!! I do hope thay get suspended and it teaches them a lesson too!
    Oh and did you manage to get Grant a fathers day pressie after you shopped for the kiddies!!

Cindy, I've got Nick some tops and shorts as we are going to qld soon and Jack is making him a frame at playgroup and a photo magnet at childcare.. And Toby will help me decorate a card too!! I bet your backgarden looks great now!

Rach, glad to hear the tests are getting better and more real for you too!! Is Milo making Dh a card at childcare? It really cute how they make things for us there hey!!

Tracey, how exciting next wed...I think you will be fine...and Jamie sounds like he's going great guns at home too!!

Anyway...I've been super busy these days with work, organising our holiday and I've actually been walking a fair bit these days now thanks to the sunshine!!! YAYAY!!

I went to the city today with my Mum, Nana and brother to get a dvd for FIL for fathers day and I also had a DJ's gift card to use so I got 2 tops! Then we had some lunch and I was home by about 2pm to get some dinner organised before I had to work at 4...another busy day...It was lovely though!

Got playgroup in the morn so I'd better get the snacks ready now...
    Have a nice night everyone!!! Sleep tight!

Hi!

Trace - I hope you're enjoying your sleep in this morning!!!

Alex - Sounds like you had a great day out! Good on your for doing some walking - how exciting organising your holiday!

All good here...Dylan slept quite well considering...well - he stayed in his own bed at least which was good...he woke quite a few times but was easy enough to settle...He came into bed at 7.30am this morning and fell asleep with me and then Louis was up after 8am...they're just so sleepy at the moment...having big catch ups...

ok...chat later...

well no sleep in for me this morning. Liam was up at 7am so had to feed him and then jordan was up. I didnt feel too tired so let jamie rest up. I left Liam with him whilst i took jordan to playgroup though was a little odd without him but was good as they did painting and was very messy. We made paper weights (painted rocks) and cards for fathers day.
    Krisite I am glad Dylan feels better
    Alex glad you had a nice day out and got something nice for yourself.

gotta organise expresser and stuff for work so chat later.

oh i cant keep up with all these personals!!
    Kristie Im glad that Dylan is OK
    Alex - Milo's creche decided that fathers day is discriminatory, so they make a "special persons" card instead. WTF??
    Tracey it will be nice to have Jamie home Neil would love to save some time off and stay home full time but he'd get too used to it! ha ha
    Nikki - LOL @ the shopping trip, sounds like it was productice *and* eventful
    As for theose nasty boys - what did the school do about it?

Sorry to hear you didn't get a sleep in Trace! Sounds like you had a nice day though!

Rachael - OMG - are you serious about Milo's creche? How ridiculous!! LOL at Neil getting used to being at home...Michael has had 2 full days at home this past week - 1 with both the kids and 1 with just Louis and it does his head in - he says very honestly that he couldn't handle staying at home!!! hehehe. He so has no patience for the kids and expects them to be little adults...

It was so nice outside today the kids had a little play outside...Dylan didn't last long but I think it was nice that they both got some fresh air (and for me as well...!)

Off to bed for me...nighty night!

ok ladies well i am planning Liams christening and would love it if you could come along. Jamie and I have emailed most of you invites however Alex and Krisite I dont have your email addresses. can you please send them to me so I can send you an invite.
    Well I hope you are all going to have a lovely fathers day tomorrow. I went last minute shopping after work today and bought a new tape measure and torch for jamie. he also went and bought himself presents, that I have to wrap so the kids can give them to him LOL
    Off to bed I think We did dream feed tonight at 11 so lets see if Liam sleeps thru, fingers crossed

Hi!

Had a great day! Michael got a sleep in and then we headed out to lunch for my dad...had a great lunch - Dylan fell asleep in the high chair for most of it though - LOL! Got home and I felt so tired I fell asleep on the couch - as did Michael and Louis was in bed...Dylan just cuddled up to us and watched tv and amused himself for ages which was nice!

Tracey - my email is [email protected] When are you holding it? Hope you got a good sleep last night!

I can't believe in 9 weeks I'm going to meet my little man...so crazy! I think Louis is quite excited as well. He's been good - always wanting to help out with dinner (making the most of that while it lasts! LOL!) and setting the table and now he's learning to bring his plate/bowls back into the kitchen for clean up...It probably sounds like I go overboard but with a house full of boys they're going to have to pull their weight when their older! I can't think of anything worse than running around after them when their teenagers while they're lazy little things...It's just not going to happen! I know how much trouble my sister already has with her 11yo and thats not even for help - it's only for cleaning up his own stuff and picking towels up off the floor etc...

Anyway...I'm just talking rubbish now! Chat to you all soon! Hope all the dads had a nice day today!

Sounds like you have got the boys well trained Kristie!

Well we have had a busy day. In the morning we were packing boxes - got a storage unit organised yesterday so we are trying to get what we can in there before we need to call in the big guns to move the larger stuff. We have to be out before Friday 3/10.

As a result i think Milo's feeling ignored a bit, cos he was a right terror all morning. At 10am Neil cracked it and told us to go somewhere so he could pack, so we went over to my Uncles place and did fathers day with them (my mum and dad are o/s) and came home at lunchtime. Milo refused to have a nap

The afternoon was mostly pretty good, until I was making dinner and Milo was trying o climb over my legs and fell, flat on the floor and started crying, I looked and he'd knocked his mounth on the floor (big surprise there!) and all around his top teeth was bleeding - so emergency calls to Cindy followed (Thanks Cindy!)

He seemed OK thoug, and was asking and eating for bread. He told me they still hurt but they didnt stop him chewing and he wasnt complaining about it. I think one has moved over sideways slightly and it has a bit of a bruise right on the gum line. I will take a look at it in the morning and see how its gone overnight.

Im sooo over him face-planting the tiles!

Other than that, we're fabulous

Hi!

Rachael - Poor Milo! I hope his teeth are all ok...I suppose you may be able to see more in the morning! I would say eating is a good sign - LOL!
    It's hard when you've got so much to do and you really need them to occupy themselves at times...we definitely had more issues with Louis around the time we were house hunting and selling our place...
    Things have calmed now but I'm not sure how he'll go with the move - Hopefully it will be all good! Seeing the house the week before should be a bit of good prep for them...

Dylans going through a hitting stage at the moment - I'm trying not to overreact too much as I remember Louis doing the same thing...little cheeky - hopefully it's over with quickly!

Chat later!

How are Milos teeth today rach???

How long till the big move now Kristie???? OH i keep meaning to tell you that i have your sippy lids! Will give them to you when we next catch up..... i need some free time to see my friends! I am working 3 days again this week and it alwasy does my head in!

Better go, finish tea of, i have made a HUGE pot of bolognese sauce and am going to freeze it so we dont eat takeaway when i work! I hate it and the girls wont eat take away!
    I have t start getting in to walking or something! I HAVE to tone up...... Again, no time! I think i might wag my meeting tonight actually and take the dog for a long walk - i hope we dont get lost! New area and all!

Cindy I hope you get some time off work soon. its hard to juggle work/kids and time for youself. I hope you dont get lost on your walk, take some string with you so you can follow it home.

Krisite Yeah I tried to ingnore the hitting when Jordan was going thru that phase. It took a while but he isnt doing it anymore, thank god. Cant beleive we are going to meet Ethan in 9 weeks OMG this is the quickest pregnancy ever...prob not to you though

Rach hope the packing is going ok. I would try and leave the house more and let Neil do it, less stress on you and who likes to pack anyways LOL

Nikki I really hope your boys get to go to the nickelodean thing, I think they will really enjoy it. I really hope we can manage a catch up next wednesday it should be fine and I am sure Jamie would enjoy a few hours to himself LOL

Well work was ok today. Got home and Jordan was out playing in the backyard and Jamie was inside with Liam folding all the washing LOL it made me laugh as he has never really done the FULL washing before.
    He ended up with migraine tonight though so went to bed at 7 so I am up alone, waiting for Liam to wake for his last feed and then I might hit the hay early as I am knackered.
    I am thinking of putting him on formula for his middle night feed and getting jamie to do it. I am so tired having to get up and feed him and then still get up early for work. I am more tired now than when I was at home. It should only be a few weeks I would say, he has to cut that night feed out soon I would think????? DO you guys think that would be ok? I have never added formula into a diet before.... not sure if I should.

Anyway have a nice night everyone

If I left all the packing to him, all his stuff would get hoarded and mine thrown out!
    I will probably do some tonight, might try to pack up the tupperware cupboard.

Cindy, he says they feel better today - i asked him how his teeth felt and he said 'my teeth are happy mum" There is a littlbe bit of a bruise on top of the one that has moved, but its maybe the size of a hundred and thousand, theres no swelling and he is eating fine.

So after we move, being grandfinal weekend, I will probably not be online a whole lot (well a bit in October when I get my work internet hours but once they are all chewed up, not much. Maybe I will have to be more disciplined save them up for a couple of posts a day. hmm.

Hi!

Not much happening around here...still getting over the flu and am feeing tired...fell asleep early last night which was nice...don't do it often enough probably...The boys slept through as well which was nice...that doesn't happen often at all...
    The kids drove me nuts today with Dylan and his tantrums and hitting and Louis just annoying him...probaby more because Michael went out again as soon as he got home so it just felt like a long day...in saying that individually they were gorgeous and I got big cuddles off both of them which was nice!

Cindy - Bugger your working so much! Settlements on the 26th but we start moving on the 20th when we get the remote for the garage...
    Hope you had a nice walk! It's hard to get the motivation to do all that when you're rushed though...hopefully the warmer weather may help!

Tracey - This p/g has flown for me too! I think cos we've been soo busy with the whole house stuff it just feels so weird...I think also because I haven't been able to do much to get ready for him yet it will all sink in once we've moved and I can set up his room and wash his clothes etc...I've not thought of having him practically at all yet though - but the boys won't be doing any activities next term so we'll all be able to chill out as such anyway...
    In regards to Liams night feeds - you will just have to do whats right for you - I don't blame you for being so tired having to do the night feeds and get up and go to work...My boys never dropped them properly until about 6 months so who knows??

Rachael - Glad Milo's teeth seem ok! Bugger about not having access to the internet after you move...I must say I haven't even started looking into transferring stuff over yet...better pull my finger out I suppose! LOL!
    How's your house going? When is it meant to be finished?

Ok..well chat later! Hope you're all well!

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast