Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2005 #3

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey Girls

Woohoo Divvy!!Thats fantastic news!!YAY!!Am soooo happy!!

OMG Tracey...look at Indah's hair!hehehe Better not let Gemma look she might get hair envy!!

Well I'm working in admin at the moment for the next 3 weeks, was supposed to be 6 weeks but they have advertised the position as of this week. I don't mind though I get to sit down on my bum and being pregnant its such a bonus. Only prob is I work all day mon, wed, thurs.I know I shouldn't complain but I'm just so buggered!! Apart from the new job, Gem has discovered how to pull herself up onto her knees when shes in the portable cot and all you can see is to little hands holding onto the side of the cot and little eyes peering over the side looking at us!Not good when shes supposed to be having a nap but so cute! Shes so desperate to get moving that when she gets on all fours and rocks she kinda shoots out forwards and lands on her belly cause her legs don't know what to do yet!Its quite funny but she gets so frustrated!

Well I ahve a busy day today. Have to do a grocery shop then I have a staff meeting at 1pm that I'm taking Gem to! One of the other ladies has a bub thats a couple of months older than Gem and they love each other. Its so cute!

Better go have a wonderful day everyone!

(Copied this from August Thread)
    *Indah slept all night last night, after a full on out in the cold, cuddled up in Mum's arms evening at school Sports! Dh & the other Dads sat around drinking beers, it's good he is starting to make friends & feels more comfortable with the other Dads!
    As I went to school withy amny of the Mum's from maddy's school & Maddy also did Mothers Group, Kinder & now primary school with lot's of the same kids, so we have all known each other for years...

Maddy didnt win anything but she is the smallest (smaller than most prep kids) I think she came 4th last, out of about 11 girls, but she told me she came 4th! So if she is happy I am happy... She had fun... That's the main thing!!!!

Kirsty have fun at the meeting & getting groceries etc... Iam stuck at work...

How cute Gem looking through the cot, hee hee!

Wont be long & they'll all be mobile & driving us nuts!!!

Hi girls, just popping in to say a quick hello and that Leah and I havent just disappeared of the face of the earth! I do pop in now and again and read through what all the babies have been doing but havent got around to posting. But just reading through recent posts just now I feel that Leah is just way behind eveyone else in Sept - she hasn't even rolled over yet - let alone get up on her knees, should I be concerned??! She is pushing up when she is on her belly but doesn't seem to like being there too much and gets frustrated. Im a bit worried.

Hey There....
    No you shouldnt be worried at all, babies all go at their own pace.

Maddison was crawling by now & my niece never crawled til after turning 1 & started walking 5 months after that, but is a perfectly normal 3 yr old...
    Indah rolls onto her tummy coz she loves it & is happy to stay on her tummy, but Maddy hated her tummy so she rolled back onto her back & would then stay there happily!

All babies are different & do things when they want to, not because someone else is...

She is perfectly normal, happy, healthy & contented....

Your doing an awesome job keep it up!

Guess what.....Leah rolled over for the 1st time this afternoon!!! lol I cant believe it - just a few hours after me writing that post about her being behind she does her 1st roll! =D> =D> Im still in shock

=D> \/ =D> Good girl Leah, although you are still quite normal if you didnt want to roll... hee hee

Now go enjoy your gorgeous daughter & dont worry about what she is doing compared to others...

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

Hope everyone had a great day!

Amanda-Like Trace has said all babies develop differently. Gemma is so different to her cousins. My little nieces were not rolling till they were about 7-8 months, crawling till they were 10-11 months and the 13 month old is still not walking yet and not interested at all! Gem is just rearing to go at everthing, but so was I as a bub. Nothing is wrong with Leah!!Shes perfectly normal!! I'd give anything for Gem to be less mobile at this point as with morning sickness it makes it worse when I'm constantly moving her from danger!Up and down up and down!Argh!Wish I could sticky tape her bottom to the ground!hehehe..........swap babies?!

Thanks girls you make me feel better. I have never been around small babies before and this being my 1st I really am all new to this and I guess when people are constantly at me as to why she is not doing this or such and such was doing this by her age it gets me thinking. I should just turn the other way and ignore these people now in future when they make such comments to keep my sanity.

Kirsty77 Guest

Yeh other people can be really horrible about OUR babies! I hate it when people say things to me! Next time just turn around and do this oketongue: Bollocks to them!!hehehe

Owww love Leah's new pic in your ticker to!To cute!!Gosh shes big now!!

Tracey, love the piccie of Indah! And woohoo on the sleeping!

Amanda, don't worry about what everyone else is doing, the "average" baby doesn't even start to crawl until 8-10 months. What is important is that she's growing and interested in the world around her. And woohoo on the rolling anyway!

Kirsty, scary about Gemma up on the cot! Hope she doesn't tip it over! How's the pregnancy going? Hope you're well.

Alex, hi and hope you get some teeth soon (well actually no, I hope that Jack doesn't get teeth soon, it's a horrible time and I hope to put it off for as long as possible!)

Okay back to work!

:-k You know what my sister was told when my niece would just sit in the one spot for hours playing with her pants or toes or whatever was in her arms reach...

"That she was obviously a very happy & contented child"

That's what the Paed told her & said dont worry, she is happy to amuse herself & is contented enough to not want to move!

So honestly just enjoy her as she is & dont be wishing her life away.... Coz in 6 months time they'll all be turning 1 & we will all be wishing they were newborns again......

Hope everyone is good!!!!

Ellibam Guest

hi everyone
    well my computer is in action again(stupid me) it was just a broken double adaptor!!! ](*,)
    so i will probably be on more now!! i cant believe all the great pictures everyone has now!! i think i gotta change my ticker to!!
    kirsty hope the pg is going well!!

Makon has now got 4 thats right 4 teeth his most recent ones really affected him poor little man!! but he is fine now!! he is also really loving all foods yoghurts custard veg fruit(all home made except the yoghurt) and rice and bread soon i will introduce chicken. he is also sitting and crawling backwards
    ben has gotten a new job! yay its 15 min from hom and full time which is great in hospitality! rather then an hour away and casual!

tracey indah looks gorgeuos in her new nappy

any way will catch up again soon

YAY, Awesome news for Bens job!!

I think Indah's top 2 teeth are coming through, but they are taking their time & annoying her too. Her poo & wee is so super acidic my nappy bucket is working double time! Plus she wakes crying but isnt actually awake, I rub bonjela on her gum but she generally needs to suck too & as she wont take a dummy it means I get up & have to feed her! But she just kind of sucks 6 times & is asleep again, but I am really tired... I must say she has been sleeping through since Sunday night again, but woke last night twice!!! I hope they just come through soon, coz it's tiring!!!!

Well done Makon too on sitting & crawling backwards as well....

Good to see you back on line too Ellibugs!!!!

Ellibam Guest

well i have to update again makon has 5 teeth his other top front has come through over night!!!

makon was the same over the weekend wake up for a suck so we just ended up with him sleeping with us cos he was waking hourly! and im to damn lazy to keep getting out of bed!

hope everyone has a great day

welcome back ellissa! woohoo on the teeth - that's scary! We're not expecting Ned to get teeth until he's one... thank goodness! And woohoo on the job for DH too!

Pity the smelly nappies Tracey! Grrr! Oh well, I hope DH helps you out with that one.

Well Ned AND Alex slept through last night from 9pm until 5:30am. OMG. First time ever. And I slept like a log. I obviously needed it! Fantastic job boys! And then the tram, bus and train ALL ran on time and I got to work early! That's also the first time ever! So that's my woohoo for now!

WOO HOO Divvy, looks like everything is in your favor today! You should buy a Powerball ticket for tonights lottery

A big WOW on Makon's 5 teeth! I've been checking Leah's gums everyday but all clear so far - I just love her big gummy smiles.
    Im with you Ellissa in bringing them into bed with you, Im doing that all the time now and at those times in the morning you just dont care if its habit forming just as long as everyone gets some sleep!

Im a bit nervous today as Leah has another ultrasound on her hips tomorrow morning - figers crossed everything is still ok [-o< Other then that she is great - no more roll over's for her yet but they will come thick and fast soon I think.

Amanda,
    Are the ultrasounds for Cengenital Hip Dysplasia?
    As it runs in my family (neither girls have had any need for concern though) but my sister wore a splint & her kids had slight hip probs (all perfectly fine now) anyways they suggested to her & to me when I mentioned at both girls birth that it is a family thing that double terry cloth nappies set the hips into a good p[osition to help aid it!?? (well they explained it better than that) I have always used cloth nappies anyways, but maybe you could ask & see what they think???

YAY to the boys & public transport Divvy!

Yes the ultrasound is for Hip Dysplasia, Leah was in a harness for her first 3 months and it has been off for the past 2 months so this is just a follow-up ultrasound to see that everything is still growing properly and as it should be since the removal of the harness. I think everything will be ok [-o< [-o<

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast