Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #101

Ah ok good so the limited attention span for DVDs isnt just because Jett is hyperactive lol He is a huge fan of Thomas and Elmo, but he also watches Nemo and 101 Dalmations.

He's so funny though, he lipsync's along to songs And its any song too even a soap theme or ad jingle. He sure loves his music, cant wait to start him in dance and music classes.

Ooooooooh before I go do chores I just have to say he's finally said "I love you!" to me this morning. He said it once to DH but never to me and its been breaking my heart because he talks so well. So I say it to him alot hoping he'll copy one day. He happily gives kisses and hugs though. But he said it this morning to me. I could have cried I was so happy.

belle..totaly agree with jodi, dont worry about food try and get fluids into her, with the panadol as well, hope your ok hun thinking of you xxx

mum3girls Guest

Jodi - Have you had a visit from the postman yet???

not yet, but that doesn't surprise me, they take forever to arrive up here!

belle - how is Julia?

Belle- What time is your appt? Poor Julia. I can understand why you were upset. Maybe they just thought they were doing you a favour by letting you rest while they took care of it? I'd just let them know in the future no matter what you want to be told no matter what time of the day or night it is. Hope she gets better soon.

AnnaT- yay on Jett saying he loves you! Df reakons Ash said love dadda yesterday. It made me so jealous, I'm gonna have to teach her love mumma!

Beatrix- I can imagine taking 3 of them for needles would have been a ball of laughs! Howd they all go? Any reactions?

Meg- I think I would've been so tempted to just leave your FIL behind! Sounds like you had great trip beside all that. Good to hear J was really good on plane.

With manners Ash just says Ta when she is giving us something or wants something.
    She will pack some toys away if we ask her too and help, she doesn't mind packing up.
    DVDs she doesn't watch much mainly cause we watch certain shows on Nick Jr that she loves. She'll have them on watch bits and the play, usually she just sits and watchs while she has her lunch.

Gymbaroo this arvo and Ash is still awake, hope she has at least a little sleep or she'll be moody tonight.

Belle-I hope Julia is ok.

Wow chatty today.

Well MJ went ok with her needles. it was the older two with probs.

Poor teleah was so upset about it and she had to have two needles. Both her and i were in tears. Annika also got upset cause she was upset. Wasnt to fussed when it was her turn though. But last night Teleah had a temp and was vomiting is fine today but hasnt eaten much and is back in bed. Annika has the runs though.

sorry no time for more personals.

Belle- hope julia is getting better

Hey Helen how are you travelling???

Shell
    , what sort of things do you do at Gymbaroo?

Well Ripley actually had a NAP in his COT for 2.5 HOURS. Now he is a happy little lad sitting in his play centre thing spinning himself around chewing on his bib. Poor thing has been constipated for the last few days, starts in the arvo and the next morning he poops everywhere, its disgusting. Ive been giving him diluted prune juice and some of the Brauer's Stomach Calm and he seems a bit better. If it hasnt gone away by Monday Im going to take him to the Dr and get a scan or something done. Im paranoid he has an obstruction or something. Poor tyke spends hours grunting and straining then boom in the morning without a sound he poops and it goes all up his back.

Ive been supermum today - Ive done 3 loads of washing, made a dark chocolate mudcake, cooked up 2 more buckets of homemade washing gel. Im making lasagne for dinner tonight and if I fold all the dried washing and vacuum then I can officially say no chores for the weekend Yippee! If I can manage to give Dh some love tonight then I can add superwife to the list to, but I think he's got buckleys I'll prolly collapse in bed and pass out til morning

I wish I could do all this everyday. By monday I'll be over it and lucky to do one load of washing and the dishes.

Whoa Annat, that's a busy day! All I've managed is to get Si to an appt and back! Though, to be fair, we were up a lot with Si last night, he seems to have mixed up day and night a bit at the moment!

And homemade washing gel? I'm intrigued...

what's homemade washing gel anna?

Oh Nelle these days dont happen very often lol But Im trying really hard to do my housewifely duties a bit more frequently.

Would you like my washing gel recipe? My MIL thinks people spend waaaaaaaay to much on normal wash powder when your clothes come up just as spiffy (or even better I reckon!) with some homemade stuff that ends up costing around $10 for litre's and litre's. You only need 1/2 a cup too and can make it smell like whatever you want! She made some for me when she was here last and the only thing I had to replace was a bar of soap. Its saving me atleast $200 a year, what I would normally spend on *just* washpowder. I just made about 12ltrs and that should last me atleast 3-4 months.

I'll share it here so everyone else can steal it if they want

Unfortunately you CANNOT use it in front-loaders

Super Laundry Gel
    Prep - 20 min
    Makes - about 8-10ltrs

You will need:
    1/2 bar of plain/laundry soap (or Sard wondersoap/Sunlight Soap - has stain removing properties -, you can also use homemade bar soap)
    1/2 cup Lectric Soda or Washing Crystals
    1/2 cup of Borax Powder
    Water
    Bucket with a lid (I use 2x 5.1ltr buckets with lids and just halve the 10 cups of hot water/3.8ltrs of water and the soap mix between the buckets)

Grate/Cut up the soap and put it in a saucepan. Add 2 1/2 ltrs of water and heat it until the soap melts. Add the washing soda and Borax, stiring until it is dissolved. Remove from heat.
    Pour 10 cups of hot water into the bucket. Now add your soap mixture and stir. Finally add 3.8ltrs of water and stir again.
    Let it sit for about 24hrs and it will gel. Its not a solid gel, more of a watery gel. Its a low suds soap so dont panic if you dont see many suds.
    You can add a fragrance like lavender or orange essential oil if you like. You can also boost the load by adding a scoop of napisan or even one capful of Eucalyptus Oil. If you dont think the batch is strong enough, add double of the Borax and crystals next time you make it up.

Super easy to make and it works a treat. Saves money too so pay it forward to someone else!
    Last edited by Freya; May 23rd, 2008 at 04:39 PM.

Interesting recipe, I'll have to get off my fat ass at some time and make it!

AnnaT- if he is pooing the every morning alot then I wouldn't worry bout him being constipated, maybe its all wind causing the pain or just weird feeling of it all getting thru. Is it coming out hard?
    Oh and gymbaroo is great fun, half the lesson is physical type stuff, theres stuff to climb up and down on, tunnels, swing, trampoline, then second half is where they sing songs with actions, play with toys based on whatever the topic is. Like this term is transport and today was fire engines.

Beatrix- Poor you! I guess on the upside you did get them all done at once, Teleah should be done now wouldn't she and Annika won't need another til 4 so thats good. Hope they settle for you.

I'm exhausted, looked after my nephew this evening while my sister went out so he and Ash were so wound up running round together, at least they both went down no probs. They play so nicely together, its very cute, hes 6 and he looks out for Ash, makes sure she has a toy to play with and stuff.

We had a great night last night, Emily only woke once But she has the sniffles, which she's had for the past couple of days, but today her nose is running. What can I give her? I'll have to pop down to the chemist soon I suppose.

Have my sister here for the weekend. She broke her ankle really bad, in 2 places last week. The dr's were intially going to operate, but they decided to see how it heeled in a week, then will review it next week. She's staying with my parents, but they've gone away this weekend, so I'm babysitting her.

shell - I bet you had a good sleep last night after running around 2 kids last night!

belle - how is Julia?

Belle-You are probably busy with Julia, but just wanted to make sure that she is ok? I hope that things are starting to look up.

Jodi-I dont think there is really much you can give Emily, except for heaps of cuddles. Maybe elevate her bed at the head end slightly and perhaps invest in a snot vacuum(the one Nelle talks about). Hope she gets better soon.

Belle - Hows Julia today.

Jodi - I second what Helen said. Not a lot as far as what you can do medically.

Shell - Glad the kids had a good time together.

Not much happening here. Just catching up on piles of washing after being away. J is still asleep. I will have to wake him soon or he won't want to go to bed tonight.

Jodi - if her nose is starting to block you can try some saline drops to help clear it so she can breathe easier.

Belle - how is Julia going?

Okay, not much else, pretty quiet.

to everyone.

Laurin

Not coming out hard Shell, rather soft actually and its sometimes playdough-ey and sometimes really yellow with what looks like seeds in it.

I was thinking about it and I had given him 2 teaspoons of Farex 4 nights ago to see what he thought. Maybe it was the culprit?!

AnnaT- Yeah maybe upset his tummy? Maybe getting his digestion system feeling funny. Doesn't sound constipated though. Ash used to have similar sounding poo.

Jodi- As others said try the saline drops with the nose sucker. Not much you can do at this age. Yay on Emily only waking once, hope it continues. Your poor sister, is she getting alot of pain?

I'm bit worried bout friend of mine, she had baby 4 weeks ago and her DH isn't being very supportive towards her, she is on verge of developing PND. I think her hubby is stressing bout money (she was main income earner) and he is taking it all out on her. Getting upset bout cost formula and pushing BFing but her supply is low. I might get Df to have chat to him considering they're best mates.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast