Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #17

sharleen dont tell them that lol they will need to go to rehab if they dont stop lol.

hahah i do to lol

adele i live in a small country town so probably why so little choice

gosh riley has a lot jack is lucky to take 120ml he occasionally will follow 1/2 hr later another 60ml but not very often, my CHN spoke to me about solids and why not to introduce before 6mths was very interesting, all to do with the enzymes in bub not being able to process carbs before 6 mths and how there is research to show intro solids before 6 mths increases the likelyhood of excema, asthma and allergys

but everyones opinion differs i just found her explanation very informative, also asked her about stage 2 S26 for 6mths and up and she was like if your going to introduce solids then you can hold off on the stage 2 till 9mths so as not to overload bubs system with new things to work out how to break down

wow he is doing alright then. atleast he isnt making a pig of him self lol .
    yeah i have heard about all of that aswell and some times you just have to bite the bullet and do what your baby is showing you.

with akira we had to start her on solids at 2mths to get her full as she was having a hard time gaining weight and still does. what i did with the s26 stage 2 was give them that at six months and only have 2 jars of food they will tell you when they are full
    thats why you do it all very slowly. you could always do the change over of the milk for the first two weeks and then slowly start the food if you know what i mean.

baby are clever at doing that but i dont think riley has the hang of it yet lol.

later

Adele

oh Adele - be quiet or 3 firm smacks lady! lol
    Sharleen - im there NOW! give me give me give me!
    BBL have to check out nappies

why do i get smacked for i always get smacked not fair. (as akira always telling simon)
    im telling mum on you lol
    Last edited by aboll; December 12th, 2006 at 03:38 PM.

Thanks for the info re moving onto food Rach. I did it differently with Bella and had no problems but thinking of waiting longer with Eithan.

Well teas nearly cooked and Eithan is having a bit of a moan. Talk to you all later.

Love

hi all.. starting to pack boxes tonight.. Both kid are sleepig and i am having a very nice little drink and packing boxes

hopefull to get back on tonight, otherwise chat tomorrow!

Helen - love the new pictures ~!!

ambz-I've cheated this year, most of my chrissy presents are vouchers. Not that they are bad but usually i like to try and find a gift that will suit everyone but sooo can't be bothered this year wandering around trying to find something. Vouchers are also good for last min shopping.

little*princess- sound like my IL's they also mean well but can only take them in small doses.

Rach75- Maybe stick with your group little longer it may get better, maybe ask a few if they want to meet up outside that group where that BFing chick isn't invited.

A girl in my mothers group was telling me today how when she had her DD she weighed just under 3kg and the midwife decided she had to have formula because of this and gave it to the baby without telling the mother and getting her consent! Can you believe that? She only found out later on that this was happening and was furious cause she had plenty of milk pouring out this nurse just had decided ahe had to have formula cause she was small!

shell, I can't believe the nerve of that midwife, how dare she!!! I would be writing an official complaint regarding that.

rach - I agree with shell, stick it out and see if others mums wanna meet outside of that group. Even if it's just one or two mums.

little p - have fun packing!!

I'm another slacker with the Xmas presents. I've done a couple, but still have some to do. Heath finishes up next Wednesday which means we'll be without an income for a month, and have to pay 2 mortgages :eek: so with Xmas on top of that, it sucks big time!!

thanks girls there are only 7 of us and the group seems to have been formed because of this BF assoc and one of the girls, will see how it goes we aren't meeting again till after the new year anyway

adelle re PM you haven't added me I dont think I have had no alerts or anything

well Jase wants to go to bed which means I have to watch jack he wants cuddles *sigh*

Ugh this smoke is so bad, I could hardly see in front of me driving home from dinner with friends tonight.
    Im off to bed as bub is asleep already and Im loving my 8+hrs of sleep again lol

Chat tomorrow.

hi girls, i have stepson here for a week and we're celebrating christmas as dh will be away christmas week.... so don't think i'll be online much. just wanted to let you all know, and to say sorry i kept missing you adele. my hubby said your MSN message popped up but he doesn't know how to work msn... only lime wire....MEN.

hey girls,

rach i have added you gain if you dont get anything from me could you try and do it from your side [email protected].

annat- that would have sucked driving home in all that smoke. glad you made it home safely. hope you have a good night sleep.

shellbell - that is so bad. i would be writting a letter to the hospital where she works and to the head of the nursing unit. and make it very well known. i was telling simon about it and he was just in shock that a midwife would do that.

jodi - dont you hate that when you dont get paid for a month. hope all goes well for the month .

well im off to get mister grumpy to bed as he is screaming the house down. his legs are really red from the needles he had today. must keep an eye on them. poor thing

hope everyone has a good night

Adele

thats cool rikki. simon is like that as well lol they only seem to like that program. hope you have a good christmas week

sorry sharleen but i have to laugh at him passing out with your towel under his head. hope you managed to get som sleep. i have been up all night with riley cause he is whinging still abut his needles. as soon has he got a hug from simon he was sound asleep if i knew that i would have woken him up in the middle of the night grrr.

well im going to have a shower and breakfast before i have to wake akira up for kindy.

talk to you all later

Adele

sharleen hope you got some sleep. Did you kick the **** out of him while he was passed out for waking you ... I would have

We had a fairly good night last night. Getting Nina to sleep took a little longer than usual. I had Heath try and settle her for bed for the first time and she thought it was playtime with daddy!! It was so funny, she just kept giggling and laughing at him. I took over and she was asleep within minutes mum's got the special touch hehehe
    She's only just woken up and Heath is already at work so she's missed playtime with daddy this morning, she normally gets the ****s when she misses him in the mornings so I wonder what my day will be like ...

Sharleen- How did Aaron cope getting up for work from the bathroom floor! I hate when my Df is ****ed, he drinks every sat night and he knows he either has to crash on a mates couch or sleep on our couch, I told him I already have one baby to attend to in the night!

Adele- How's Riley today? Ash was a little unsettled for about 48 hrs after her needles. They have so manny at this age, can't believe have to go thru it again at 4 and 6 months!

Jodi- Us mums have the touch, I let Df try settle Ash sometimes in case I want to go out and leave him to settle but it doesn;t work to well, I think maybe cause I have a set way to settle her that she's just used to.

Well I have a couple friends coming over today, don't know what time though, they both had b'days in Nov and slack me still hasn't got presents for them! Might have to make it a combined b'day/ xmas gift!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast