Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #17

ahhh all riley want is to be held but im getting all hot and feel sick lol so i have him in his pram and all he is doing is ehhhhhhh ahhhhhhhehhhh alll the time. i can wait till we have to go in the car he seems to fall alseep in there.

then simon can deal with him lol.

later

Adele

We have a referal to a physio regarding possible tight neck muscles on one side.(he was screaming at the time)
    Do a search on Torticollis... that is what Xander has (tight neck muscles on one side). How is Eithan's head control? Xander's is terrible, hence why he is going to physio.

Sorry to all the mummies havign a hard time of it today... Xander is also playing up, I think he is overtired, but wont settle. SO I'm gonna take him in the spa to chill for a bit, then he should sleep once we are out.

Maz - 9 Beehinds! wow.. you are building a stash up quickly. I lurve waiting for fluffy mail!

Thanks for that word anna! I will google it as its probably what ruby has.The paed at the time just said tight muscle.Has improved a little but not as much as i hoped.
    MM just had a quick squiz and ruby doesnt have it.Well i refuse to acknowledge she has it anyway.Too serious for my liking
    Last edited by caddie; December 13th, 2006 at 05:42 PM. Reason: torticollis no way!!

I thought I would drop in and add to the conversation re: neck muscles.

I took Paige to a Paediatric Chiropractor and I cannot rave highly enough about the care she recieved and what a difference it has made to her.

I will cut and paste my post on another forum for you...Paige had a simple, painless adjustment to her right shoulder, as she had minimal neck movement to the left hand side, Paige always had great head control from birth thow...Paige is now sleeping overnight in blocks of 6 - 13 hours.
    She is no longer vommiting up as much as she was, and no longer screams from the bouts of reflux she was having.

After some manipulation of Paige the Dr assessed that her right shoulder was causing her the discomfort, and was perhaps contributing to her feeding issues due to the nuerological link plus her inablity to feed properly on that side.

It was her right shoulder, and you know how a light bulb just goes OFF in your head...I was able to tell the Dr so many things, that on their own don't mean much, but put them all together and WHAM!!
    * Paige always sleeps with her head facing right...The Dr could hardlymove her head to look left it was that stiff.
    * Paige always turns to the right when playing with toys.
    *Paige always leanes in her carseat and bouncer to the right.
    *Paige would fuss and cry whenever I was trying to get her right arm in the arm holes of her clothes.
    * When changing Paiges nappy, I noticed her torso was always slightly off centre, and I was always trying to get her left tab over properly.
    *Screaming when I wrapped her tightly, as I was pulling her shoulder forward.

So from now on we have to...
    *Follow all the feeding solutions as far as the reflux - keep her upright after meals etc no bouncing around etc.
    * Switch sides more often on the breast...as soon as she shows discomfort, burp her and swap sides.
    * Lift her holding her around her ribs and not directly under her arms...we should all be doing this, as it puts a lot of pressure on their shoulder joints.
    * Make sure we encourage Paige to sleep on both sidesof her head and on her back.
    * Loosley wrap her...her opinion was that at her age the wrap doesnt need to be tight, if she sleeps well at night...just use the wrap as a cue. Her shoulders need to stay flat and not rolled over when I pull the wrap tight.

my poor little man is so out of soughts today

not your normal whingy just different to how he has been ever, so we just relented and he gave him some panadol, at 8pm he then took 40ml of formula and has dropped off he has been awake since 9am poor baby

so fingers crossed the panadol worked and he can sleep whatever is bothering him off

night all going to have a shower and hit the hay in case he wakes and wont settle

so tired today,, back another day to chat

Thanks ChrissyT. We are actually going to be moving Eithan to a cot soon so that we dont have to wrap him so tightly. The problem in the bassinet is that he gets free and then bangs his arms on the side which wakes him up.

Hugs Rach I hope that he gets better soon and has a decent sleep.

thanks Anna, I looked it up and I dont think that Eithan has it bad, maybe just a touch of it.

Better go everyones in bed.

Love

oh... don't stress about the Torticollis girls... it doesn't have to be as serious as you've probably found on google, certainly didn't mean to worry any of you. Xander has only a very mild case comparative to what some kids have.

hey girls,

i just got home from the hospital riley had a high temp of 41 so i took him straight in and they gave he some nerofen and it worked panadol wasnt working for him the pooor thing i have to go to our dr tomorrow to have him checked over and to make sure he isnt getting to sick.

all he wants is water not milk but i dont care as long as he is drinking something.

sorry to hear that everyone else is having a bad day with there bubbas home everyone has a better day tomorrow and i will talk to u all tomorrow after i have gotten some sleep.

simon is home tomorrow so i can sleep all day YAY.

later

Adele

HI Girls

Poor Riley - hope he is feeling better now - poor little mite...

and hope all the other babies are back on track. Rylee has changed her routine now - is wanting even less sleep during the day - god help me - only has two 45 min naps which I really dont' think is enough and when she goes to bed at 7 pm wakes up 40 mins later for a bit more to drink - not sure what is going on and is still waking up 2 to 3 times during the night - enough whinging from me - prob just another phase.

Xmas is nearly here - YAY - have put up the tree today and even have some pressies underneath, just need to get Rylee & James' pressie and all will be done.

Not much else to report
    Happy sleeping bubs & mums!
    Laurin

thanks laurin, sounds like rylee is growing cause thats what riley was doing 2 weeks ago lol. just hang in there she might go back to her old ways again . well you can hope
    wow its coming so quick i dont like it lol i was only preggie yesterday lol well that what it feels like

well im off to get akira to kindy and then its home to bed for me i dont think my body can cope another day with out sleep im up to day 3 with none bloody kids lol

later

Adele

Thanks for the info chrissyt,sounds like ruby to a tee so i will try and implement what the dr has reccommended.I have had her in her cot the last 2 nights and so far shes been good.Waking at 2am for a feed and up for the day at 530am.She has been napping lately though,1hr blocks,which is annoying as she does get overtired during the day.Hopefully it will change soon.Shes got the farts at the mo so i better sort that end out!!

hi ladies

caddie- i have been wondering the same thing. why are our lil bubbies so restless!!
    savanna slept from 9pm till 8am 2 nights ago. since then she has been waking up constantly through the night and tossing her head around. she will hardly sleep during the day, waking every hour to two hours. she screaming at the moment so i cant do any personals. my sis inlaw and cousin said their lil ones have been doing the same thing. maybe its somethin in the air!! whatever it is i hope it passes!!! what normally takes me 45 minutes from feeding changing and putting to sleep took me 3 hours last night!. it felt like i was back at the start again. and then she kept waking up all through the night.
    sigh

anyways better go give her a hug shes screaming for sleep but wont sleep.

take care

love ambz

hi girls, started reading this thread two hours ago then got distracted feeding babies and stepson, making picnic lunch for DH and SS who are going to Adventure World (waterslides and rides) and now i've forgotten what everyone said! hugs to all those with restless unsettled bubs, and hope riley is better today.

chrissyt - i take ainsleigh to the chiro too. she has always been an excellent sleeper, so don't attribute that to him, but i think her reflux has definately improved since she's been going (that said she threw up all down my pj top this morning....nice!)

i have my last MG today... sorry that anna and rach are having difficulties with theirs. mine is very relaxed, just lots of chatting and milestone talking amongst each other.

best go and get organised... speak soon

well Jack went down at 10pm slept till 5am and was abck in bed by 1/2 past and slept till 8.30am he is back down not fully asleep but napping, I think the panadol may have helped he is still very snuffly sounding

well better go get some work done LOL I'm alwasy sayingthat and never get anything done

morning all, I've been really slack the last couple of days. I read everyone's posts, but couldn't be bothered posting myself (smack for me)
    We have officially started solids this week . I was initially going to wait until 6 months, but something made me think twice about that and start this week (mothers intuition maybe??) and she loves it! I've started her on rice cereal mid mornings for the moment, she hates the original flavour, loves peach and apple or whatever it is. We've had a highchair on layby for a couple of weeks now (only cost us $50 - on sale at KMart) and Heath is picking it up today as it's very hard to feed her while she's in the bouncer, she keeps kicking her legs with excitement and then she starts bouncing, and food goes everywhere! She's already discovered the spoon and wants to do it herself lol
    Apart from that nothing else is happening up our way, she's a real porker now, fits comfortably in 00's, I reckon she's well in the 6kg mark.
    A friend of ours has a baby boy born beginning of Sept and he weighed 7pound 13 born, and now weighs in at a whopping 7.8kg!!!!!!!!! :eek: that's one big boy. He is formula fed and apparently has something like 350ml EACH FEED.

rach - I'm glad Jack is feeling ok now. He definitely had a good sleep last night.

adele - how's Riley this morning? Hope he gets better soon. you poor thing, it really isn't your year is it. I know what your new year's resolution is: healthy kids and a supportive husband!

rikki - my MG is very relaxed as well. Nina is the youngest of the group by about 2 months but seems to be doing just as much as the others anyway. Except naughty me completely forgot about the farewell lunch yesterday...another smack for me!

laurin - when Rylee wakes after the first 40 minutes at night, have you tried settling her before offering her another feed? Babies sleep patterns are that after 40 minutes they go into a deeper sleep, but when they're so young they don't know how to put themselves back to sleep, so they wake up. I go into Nina 30 minutes after she's gone to sleep and re-settle her before she wakes up. Whether that be patting her, having my hand on her chest or just putting the dummy back in. The last couple of weeks Nina was only sleeping twice a day, and between 2-4pm is her whinging time when she's tired but won't sleep, it'll normally take me around an hour to settle her and she'll eventually sleep, but I'm trying to make her have 3 sleeps a day. See how you go with it anyway.

Anna** - how are you going with the exercises with Xander? Are his neck muscles improving? I'm another in my mothers group that uses cloth. I alternate between cloth and disposable, cloth at home, disposable while out and at night. No-one I know here uses cloth at all.

maybe all the bubs are going through their growth spurts, or it could be the heat as well. I notice when it's really hot here, Nina is really out of sorts for the day. At the moment I can't even feed her without her laying on a pillow on my lap as it's just too damn hot and she and I sweat.

Well I think I outdid myself there, that's a mega post. Hello to everyone I've missed, hope everyone has a great day!

Hi Girls,

Thought I would re join you all... (if thats ok!!)

Kiara is starting to get into a nice routine now, so I have more time to do things for me!!!

Hope everyone is well... I am off to parents group this afternoon...

See ya

I cant even go there with posts today.. My eyes are stinging and I jsut got back from Wilhelms school break up which was good bar Vyolett screaming her ring out the whole time. now she's in her cot grizzely and wanting cuddles...my back is so sore from it today....IM OVER MOTHER HOOD just for a little bit. I could so go with some respite right now..HA HA HA an this the weekend that Jed goes away for 2 nights. IM going to be bald on monday.
    CAddie - I just got the nappy and wrap mate. Thanks a million.
    ahh f^^k she's screaming again..im off!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast