Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #2

CONGRATS TO ADELE!

ChrissyT- The midwife did the same thing to me today but luckily Ashleigh settled pretty quickly again with a cuddle.

*Belle*- Poor Belle, don't blame yourself, it must be so hard to learn everything with a newborn and being so sick at the same time, I'm having enough trouble getting the hang of this motherhood thing.

jodi_lee- Thanks for that, was just worried if i was doing something wrong.

caddie- I hope millana starts feeling better, be hard having a sick child and a newborn.

well Ashleigh has put on weight so thats all good there.
    She **** all over me earlier, I couldn't believe it, was changing her and heard this big squelsh noise and it was litterally like a fountain out of her bum! All over me, all over the carpet, it really flew. Had to laugh. Its lucky that we already have the carpets booked in for steam clean tommorow. I just didn't know where to start to clean it up.

Yayyy! Congratulations Adele!!!!!

Oh Shell, that was hilarious!! Next time you hear that noise, hold her at arms length!!

Has anybody heard from Maz. I hope she's ok and is just having a really good weekend.

Bel hun, I really dont think theres any rules to comfort feeding, especially right at the beginning. If it settles her, let her do it as much as you can. Have you tried taking her outside? That always makes me feel more human.

shellbell, girls are horrors at doing that!! Nina always manages to do it to me in the middle of the night when I'm half asleep!

Congratulations Adele, Simon and Akira on the birth of Riley.

belle, maybe try changing positions with Julia, away from your breast and see if that helps. Does she like the car or pram? If she does, take her for a drive or put her in the pram and rock it for a while. Hope she calms down for you soon. She'll eventually get so worn out that she'll probably sleep for 6 hours straight!! (well here's hoping she does)

Congratulations Adele on the birth of Riley! This buddy group is growing fast... yay!

Belle - Was great chatting to you today! Don't worry hon, we are all in the same boat and just trying to cope the best we can.

PMSL Shell... Xander did that to me when he was about a week old! Nothing you can do but laugh. We now keep a spare flat terry nappy next to the change table which we use to cover up the dangerous end whilst we get the new nappy ready.

Hope Maz is ok too.

Big hello's to all of you girls. Luv yas all but typing with one hand makes personals soooooo slow!

I forgot to ask... when do babies eye colour change? Xander has the most awesome ink blue eyes right now, hope he gets to keep them!

What colour are your babies' eyes atm?

Nina has dark blue eyes, they're just gorgeous.
    I think around 6 months they start to change. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Morning girls,

Thankfully late last night our little girl fell asleep from tiredness we ended up leaving her in her cot to settle nothing else worked. Thank god she got 5hrs sleep... and we have had 2 successful feeds since and I have settled her just now in her cot, cross fingers she settles and falls asleep this morning.

I was wondering the same thing about eye colour changes, Julia's eyes are so dark too.. wonder if she will have my daddy's dark brown eyes.

Nat - Yep I called Maz last night cause I was worried about her, shes doing much better now after seeing Doc, she will post soon. Thanks so much for your numbers, will give you a call we can always meet up one day too find a central area once we have both settled our new babies in - would be great to catchup wtih you.

PMSL ShellBell - you made my day! so funny!!! thank god for steam cleaning!!! how you feeling today?

Jodi-lee - thank so much for suggestions she loves her bouncer thank god.. its over 30 degrees in sydney at the moment no way im going to take her out.. we think last night and all day yesterday she was just mega hot.. thank god we have aircon.. she has settled since we have used that more and only wrapped her up in her singlet and nappy instead of a jumpsuit too.

Anna** - so good to speak to you last night, thanks for being a great friend.

MAz - great to speak to you too and Im so happy things are looking up for you now..post soon hon.

Must run and but Lansinoh on my bb's now - ouchie..

Bel
    xxx

I know I know Im such a slack tart! heheheheh
    I had a wonderful weekend, I feel like my eyes have finally opened up and am enjoying my little girl and my family. My milk is almost gone so my bb's arent killing me anymore but by hell their itchy as all f$$k! Jed's sister cam e up for the weekend (he has 4) and i had a lovely time. Wilhelm has finally stopped spewing and doing 'spewy poo' but im starting to have those grumbling's in my tummy...I hope i dont get it.
    Thanks for the chat last night Belle. I hope your feeling better hon.
    Caddie - Im gonna catch up with you today (providing Millana is ok, poor baby)
    Oh Shell PMSL at the poo thing. I had tears streaming down my face.
    Have to go but I'll be back later. Have the autisum team coming for a home visit for Wilhelms assesment
    xxmaz

hello mummies,

belle- God, it's bloody freezing here in melbourne, while you've had the air con on I've had the heater on and had to put extra blankets on Ashleigh.
    I comfort feed too at times, I find so far it always works to settle her if needed. So far its once or twice a day that she needs it. As my sister says to me you need to do whatever makes it easiest for you at the time to get through a rough patch weather it be leaving her to cry or comfort feed or whatever.

Well Ashleigh been feeding on average 3-3.5 hours in the day then roughly 2.5 hourly at night wish it was the other way around and the comfort feed always seems to be at night about half hour after she has just finished her feed!

I think this tired brain dead feeling is the worst. I find it hard to do anything in the day when she's asleep, its an effort to just have a shower!

Hi ladies!

Gawd this motherhood business is hard work isnt it.
    Heath and I are going to try for our first outing with Paige today. We are only going about 800m up the road to the new shopping centre....but thought we would tackle car seats and prams with a little outing rather than be stuck at a massive shopping centre not confident or sure about things. Plus its good practice for getting things in the right order.

We tried our first Bubblebub nappy yesterday....but even the newborn size was too big around the legs and we had a mini blow out within 5 minutes of it being on...LOL One step at a time.

Will try for personals I swear.

hi girls

Caitlyn is very unsettled at the moment, last 3 nights i have only had 1 hours sleep, but finally today she sleep for 4 hours this morning, she just loves mummys boobies too much. my milk is finally in today so hopefully that will settle her.

As for my birth i was a bit disapointed with it, but will go into that when i write my birth story, and yes nat, i think it gets harder im sure she was harder than the rest, but i got her out so thats the main thing, as for the afterbirth maz, the midwife did ask if i wanted it(she was joking)........how weird.......but i declined.

better go and clean myself and get to the bus stop with the pram, to pick the kids up.

sorry for no personals, but im a walking zombie at the moment.

I am abit that way too! Ruby unsettled from 7pm to 12pm and milana sick with gastro.Aaron slept with millana and looked after her whilst i did ruby.I was so tired and exhausted last nite.I cant sleep in the day either.I hope she changes her day/nite routine in the next couple of weeks! Millana loves to get me up real early too.Like 530am.

Looks like we have a bunch of very unsettled bubs right now.. Xander must've slept for about an hour all up last night, and no sign of having a decent sleep today either! He is just soooo hungry at the moment, squarking for a feed every 1-2 hours! arrgghhhh.

I've got a boobie monster for a kid. My eyes are hanging out of my head.

LOL ChrissyT at the blowout.. gotta love how whenever you get a really nice brand new nappy that they always decide to do a huge poo as soon as you've got it on! Xander did the same with the lovely new Beehinds Bamboo that I got.

Afternoon girls,

MAZ - great to see you back... you have have my boobs god they hurt like hell, I pass them too you. Great to see you are much better now.

Anna** - OMG seems I have passed the unsettledness onto you. Did you do much yesterday with Xander? I spoke with my friend Mel's friend who is a midwife she called me to see how I was going and she said that Julia was so unsettled yesterday as we had these trips to the doc the day before makes sense now I think about it. She also said for me to still expect 1 unsettled day per week for a while... sigh..big hugs hon. Hope you can get some sleep soon. I fall asleep sometimes when we are breastfeeding im soo knackered.

Caddie - OMG your family has gastro too? geez dont you hate that bug... I am thinking of you and your family its very hard to settle when you feel like crap I know. Hope things get better soon.

Chrissy - Hello mate so great to see you - OMG re your little one being unsettled too. LOL at loving the boobies, Julia loves my boobies too she'd like to be permanently attached.

ChrissyT - oooh sounds like a fun outing today!! have fun let us know how you go!!

Shellbell - OMG heating in Melb? WOW.. pass up the chilly air please, I hate summer.. Jeffrey had to go to Kmart today to buy some 0000 singlets for Julia as we only had 1 and the 000's are sooo large...Isnt having a shower the best? I love the shower

Ohh I have a lactation consultant coming to see me tomorrow which shall be good, shes not latching on properly like she did in hospital and my nipples are stinging...

Ohhh shes stiring must get her up for a feed.

Back later girls

Bel
    xxx

please don't yell at me girls, but I've had a really good couple of days. Since Nina's nappy rash has cleared up we're all back to normal. She's only waking once for a feed at night. Still feeding every 3 hours during the day.
    Hope everyone gets enough rest tonight.

i'm with you jodi... but my heart goes out to the other girls. ainsleigh has been wonderful lately, since she is getting enough food. when she is awake, is for two hours, but once a night i can handle! she is so good with all the running around i am doing too (i am bridesmaid in two weeks, so dress fittings etc) in and out of the car without a peep. DH goes back to the mine on wed morning, so hopefully she continues to be an angel.

Morning (early !!) girls! 4.30am here, settling Julia at the moment shes not crying now thank god and is in her cot after feeding. the poor chicken had another unsettled afternoon yesterday hopefully will nod off to sleep soon. I tried getting her to feed at 1am to sleep until 7am but didnt work this time.. oh well.

Rikki - mate how you doing? so great Ainsleigh is doing really well. Sounds like you are doing well too.. Wow re running around you must be losing the baby weight fast! I have lost 6kgs so far..its so bizzare now looking at my tummy

Jodi - no yelling I promise we all have our fair share of worries. What did you use on the rash?

Helen P - Hope you are ok mate and Eithan's relfux has calmed down for you... Thinking of you.

Bel
    xxx

Hi Ladies. THought I'd better join this thread. Not sure when I will be back in just yet though. But here goes...

Forum Name: Soph (Wheatie)
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 21/9/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3930g Length - 53.5 Head Circ - 37
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Ned Joseph
    Baby's Website: Give me a chance!
    Health Concerns: None yet (touch wood!)
    Notes: Trying hard to BF this time!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast