Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #2

Has anybody spoken to Belle? Hope you're feeling better, hun. make sure you keep your fluids up, especially in this heat.

Ooooooh I just noticed Julia - she's so cute!!

LOL... I just realised that both Anna's here have called their sons' Alexander!!! As if it wasn't confusing before. hehe

I thought that too anna but just thought i was going nuts! How funny is that.
    Well both my babies are asleep,i should have a rest but cant.Everything here is fine apart from now i just give ruby ebm and formula.No more booby.She just doesnt want it.Not even a dummy at times.She gags.
    She definatley has her days and nights mixed up but i have read they cant really no the difference until 3 months.She sleeps in in the mornings but my oldest wont let me! This morning it was 530am.Not even a drink resetlled her.Grrrr.I cant win.
    Well im waiting for hubby to come home so we can do a food shop.Its a pain that he has been coming home late from work and work saturdays.Then he comes home and has to clean his equipment and such.I hate that he isnt here to help me at times and if he does i feel bad as he is working hard.I wish we won lotto!

Hi girls

Well after 24hrs of being sick throwing up twice etc I went to the GP today and got the Maxalon thank god, havent needed it yet, oh and she looked at my c/s scar which is infected and went oh god... Im like gee thanks I know its bad, thats why im on antibiotics...sigh. Julia hasn't settled all morning, not sure why tried everything, now thankfully after the GP visit she has settled. She has goo in her eyes, the GP took a swap, hopefully ok..and she has only put on abotu 30g since leaving hospital but will go and get her weighed next week. I have a lactaction consultant coming to see me on Tuesday so hopefully will give me more confidence in breastfeeding.

Hello to everyone Im so sorry for no personals im absolutely knackered I am thinking of you all...

Bel
    xxx

hi girls

just popping in with a quick "hi"

I know what you all mean about day and night confusion! Nina didn't settle at night until around week 2/3. Sleeping through the day and awake at night. Now she knows that night time is for sleeping, and only wakes twice for a feed during the night.
    She's becoming so more observant (sp??) and alert, and is becoming a real fatty too. Which is great to see, means the mummy milk is doing her good.
    Hope everyone has had a good day, I'm going to go and soak in the bath for a while

Oh Belle!! You poor thing. I have only just got your PM and will respond to it after this. Did they say how long the antibiotics will take to work. And dont worry about the confidence with your BF - its completely normal to feel out of your depth with a new baby. I'm sure you're doing everything perfectly.

Hello Chrissy - How are you going? Hows Caitlyn? Was is easier for you this time. I think my labours are getting harder the more I have, lol.

Caddy, Zain gags too on the dummy sometimes. I hear you on winning lotto!! DH has been working from 10am until about 9:30 lately so I'm doing everything on my own too. By the time he gets home the kids are bathed and in bed ( except Zain who waits up to see his Daddy ) the house is tidy - again- and his dinner is ready. He works hard though, but sometimes I think lotto would be lovely.

Little P , thats fantastic that things are going so well for you! Alexander is gorgeous!

Jodi lee, hope you had a lovely bath. I think I'll have one tonight too. The only problem is if I do it when the kids are awake I either have an audience or a thousand interruptions. If I wait until they're in bed I fall asleep because I'm so tired, lol... Oh well, what can you do right?

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.We should be joined by the others very soon!

Hi all,
    I didn't have too bad a night last night, Ashleigh has started spreading her feeds out to 3 hours or just over but is cheeky sometimes and will refuse any more milk then half hour after we're finished she'll cry for another 5 mins!

Does it matter that only one breast gets used per feed? Ashleigh usually feeds for half hour on one side then refuses any more. I check if its cause that breast is empty but am still able to express more so i know its cause shes had enough. So will not using the second breast cause any milk probs?

Otherwise things are going okay, she's settling quite well at the moment, haven't had to pace floors for long periods as yet! I'm sure that is to come though.

Well i did the pacing last night.Ruby would not settle just grizzly and crying.Was up to 330am then she eventually went to sleep and then millana woke up sick.She has spewed so much she is spewing bile and i have got hubby to take her to the hospital.She cant keep fluids down poor thing! Now im waiting to see what happens and for them to come home.Ruby crying again!!! I have to settle before milly comes home because she will want my attention!

shellbell I only every feed Nina from one side. Always have. The midwife said there were no problems doing that. I offer the other side, but she doesn't need it.
    Oh caddie, hope you're doing alright!! Fingers crossed you have a better night tonight.

Caddie - Ruby and Julia seem to be in sync.. shes not settling well at all this morning I was in tears I cant settle her.. I dont understand.... how long after b/f should she take to be settled? have I dont something wrong? what is DH doing different to me? I dont know he said nothing really hes trying to settle her now but shes not settling... my gastro has come back waaahhh..

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes and thinking about me im sory for no more personals im no knackered and runnign to bathroom.

Back later
    Bel
    xxx

Belle,you are doing a great job! Take a deep breath.Sometimes it doesnt matter what we do they grizzle.They do this especially when you are at home for the first time.Ruby was fine until the 2 week mark and she started being a grizzle guts.Just think tommorow may be a better day for all of us.

Hi ladies....and beautiful September babies!!

Paige and I are settling in well....THANK GOD my mum is here with us....night 3 and day 4 were HELL as my milk came in, I was tired sore and swollen all over and I was doing things all wrong with Paige, but we came out the other side.

Paige is getting her routine sorted and last night we had feeds spread over 4 hours...I woke at 10am and had to check on her cos she was still sound asleep.

Today is different as the Midwife came to do her check right when Paige had finished her feed and was going off to sleep....grrrrrr, very annoying, just when you are getting the hang of things.

No personals as yet...but I hope everyone is doing well!!

belle, you're doing a great job. I know Nina can get wind pretty bad after a feed sometimes and we just can't settle her. Maybe she just wants cuddles. Also she can probably smell your milk so that maybe why you can't settle her?

Bel, you're buggered from the gastro and feeling stressed because you're ill and she may be picking up on that. My first daughter would only settle with Dh too. They said it may be his deep rumbling woice that was comforting for her, so don't feel bad, hun. I know it doesn't seem like it now but you will come out of the other side of this. I remember with Rayanne (dd), I just sat on the bed and cried with her because she just would not stop and I felt helpless. I thought OMG what have I done?? I couldn't forsee a time when I would be able to do something normal like make a cup of tea.

The gastro will be taking a lot out of you, hun. It will be much easier to cope when you feel better. Is your DH back at work yet? Make sure you're drinking enough because you're losing lots of fluids with the gastro AND trying to build a milk
    supply. Has you're milk come in properly yet? I just pm'd you my numbers. Call me anytime, but just a warning that its pretty noisy here with 7 kids, lol.

Girls, Just got a SMS from Adele's Hubby!!!!

Congratulations Adele and Simon and Akira on the birth of a

beautiful little BOY CALLED RILEY

born at 2.37pm Adelaide time.

He is healthy and happy and Adele is also doing well.

Bel

xxx

Nat, thanks so much for your words of support, I know how you feel I cant stop crying, I feel so sorry for her too she hasnt slept all day, she must be exausted but wont fall asleep, what is wrong? DH went out to get food for us and I called him and said will you be home soon cause I dont know what else to do..thankfully he came home she calmed down at least not crying long enough for me to take my antibiotics..but shes crying again non stop..we have tried everything, do we just let her cry herself to sleep??????? how many comfort feeds should I give her?

Jodi-lee you maybe right it could be my milk that she smells that isnt settling her..mmm maybe I should wear breast pads? my boobs dont really leak though..

Rikki - how you doing??? How is Ainsleigh? is she ok with the reflux now? havent seen you here for a while.. I hope all ok.

Charli - where are you mate? how is Ambah?

ChrissyT - Congratulations on Paige! a beautiful name and good to see you here. Im sorry I havent posted anywhere else I have been MIA due to all my issues, but am thinking of you. Does she fall asleep straight after feed? whats your secret???

Chrissy - WElcome mate!! so happy to see you and congratulations on your little girl what a beautiful name !!! How is everything going?

Caddie - big hugs to you..I agree the 2 weeks mark, I think that Julia has definately found her lungs. I send my mum pics of her from my camera mobile every day and she said shes grown.. hard to tell when you look at her every minute! I swore I wouldnt make her wear pink but lol she looks so cute in it.. see I still have a sense of humor even though im sad.. hows Ruby doing?

Helen P - thank you for all your support especially your phone call, I really appreciate it. I'm still going though up and downs, dont really get near the phone but next time your on MSN let me know hopefully I will be around. I will try mind you I dont really get much of a chance unless DH is settling her..he is supposed to go back to work Thursday I so want him to be here longer.. how am I going to do this all by myself. How is Eithan and his reflux? is he settling for you?

Shellbell - good to see you here too!!! How is gorgeous Ashleigh? Sounds like you are doing really well. I was told by lactaction consultant feeding just on one breast til its empty is fine, or if its not empty just express it after, then next feed start on the other breast.

Little P - Congrats on Alexander!! sooo cute!! and so happy to hear you are doing really well! look forward to hearing more news from you..

Anna** - hi mate sorry I have been really quiet as you can see im still sick as dog.. trying to muddle through everything, will call you soon mate. How is Xander???

MAZ - where are you MIA???? I hope you are ok.... Im thinking of you.

Man, that was the biggest post I have ever done!

Bel
    xxx
    Last edited by *Belle*; September 24th, 2006 at 04:57 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast