Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #27

All this talk of good looking heads is making me jelous.
    I dont take all my centrelink payment as i rather the lump sum.Plus we dont always know how much we earn having our own business.

oh caddie sorry. how is ruby going anyway is she on the move yet??

could i have your email addy i need your help with something

Adele

The only comment I ever get on head shape is about Xander flat spot!

lol anna! nobody comments on ainsleigh's either.. .but i think it's beautiful!

just been offered a teaching job one day a fortnight...now that i think i could handle as mum could look after baby girl. hmmmmm.... am i ready to go back to work tho!?

Rikki,adult conversation sounds lovely!

nessa, caity always ends up at the other end of her cot, and she wriggles that much she ends up waking up as she is banging her head against the cot...silly girl

Nessa.. Ill put Jesse down at the bottom of the cot.. when i go to bed he's usually on his side or tummy so i roll him back, and then by the morning when i go in he has usually done a 180, sometimes rolled over too. Ive put him in Grobags for that reason.. also because he likes to cover his eyes when he's tired and if theres anything such as a sheet or blanket near by, he'll pull it over his face. Have you tried her in sleeping bags?

Chrissy.. only comment we've had about Jesse's head is about his bald patch at the back.. though a few weeks after he was born he had a funny shaped head after birth but its fine now.

Well Jess is asleep yay.. i so buggered and did diddly squat today. AF arrived thank god.. probably part of my sleepiness.. gonna have an early night me thinks.

xx

Well our IL's were just here. They called up and said they had to come over cause they had something important to tell us. Well FIL has stomach cancer, was such a shock to hear something like that. He's having a laproscopy next Tue's to check if its spread to any other organs. If it has spread they can't do anything, if they find it hasn't they'll remove his stomach and he'll have chemo so he's gonna be pretty sick. Funny thing is all the symptoms he had was reflux that the Dr first said was indigestion but it kept continuing and MIL being the person she is pushed for more looking into it and I guess its lucky they did.

Question for those breastfeeding:
    I've got 810ml of EBM in the freezer.
    In a 24 hour period she will have roughly 6 feeds (3.30am, 7am, 10am, 2pm, 6pm, 11pm), 2 of which are bigger than the rest (10am & 6pm) she'll be at daycare for 10am & 2pm feeds.
    She'll have 2 lots of solids in this time. (9am & 4pm)
    How much EBM should I give them?? Is 360ml enough? I've got some in 50ml, 60ml and 100ml lots. Should I give them a mixture of this?

Shell - hugs to your for your FIL. I hope everything goes well with the laproscopy.

The only person ever to comment about Nina's head is MIL, always mentioning the flat spot, she doesn't think she should have one ... whatever!

bbl, tax people coming over soon

oh Shell hon i so wish I could give ya a hug. keep being positive matie.
    I just realised how insensative, is that right..ah [email protected] how rude of a b'artch I was going on about Vy's head shape. Im so sorry Caddie and Anna. Hit me in the face. God im a jerk!
    Rikki - can you do it? you go girl . my gosh what it would be like to work again, it feels like forever ago. I would probably feel human again and not like a wakling zombie. lol.
    Kell - flowers are on their way. their mainly pink and red i think but let me know what you think and I can do some more for you in any colour. Still no AF here yet.......wondering....wondering.
    on the AF being late thing, tolf Jed tonight and he's not even worried. OMG shock horror, I thought he'd be out of his skin. It would give me an excuss to be fat atleast. lol.
    going to go and make school lunched (see you girls have this to look forward to) get uniforms out and school bags ready. oh then fold more washing..

Maz dont worry matey!!! Ive got broard shoulders.
    Im going to go watch the sleep thingo with pinkymackay.I need help in that department!!

Sorry shell about your FIL.I hope everything turns out okay.How stressful fo you all.Hugs.

hi girls havent been around as Julia so unsettled with teething and very clingy too has anyone else found this? She is so cute today though on her side having fun but always wants me to be with her and putting things in her mouth. Got new pics on my website if you want to have a look.

Anna thanks so much for the chat today was great to catchup.

Maz - did you try and call? not sure had a few missed calls. How is Vy today, YAY at Jed not being worried about not [email protected]!!

Caddie - how you doing today? How is Ruby? dont know where the hell the sms went will give you a call tomorrow to see how you are.

Shell - so sorry to hear about your FIL. big hugs of support coming your way mate.

Ness - I had the same thing happen with Julia I would find her at the other end of the cot so I bought a sleeping bag too. You can get cheap ones at Big W or Kmart or Target....

Jodi - I mate how ru today? Hows beautiful Nina?

Off to bed now girls... have a good night, fingers crossed Julia sleeps through the night tonight.

Bel
    xxx

nessa- thats good to hear you got the chair. but that is bad on there part for not ringing you to tell you it was in. how did you get it home??

shellbell- sorry to hear about your FIL. hope it doesnt get to bad.

maz hope you had fun doing the lunches and all that. i have to do that in two terms time ahh no akira is growing up to fast lol

belle- how was your day hope julia was good for you.

well ladies im off hope you all have a good night and those babies behave.

Adele

Hey girls

Shell, sorry to hear about your FIL, how's he taking it? How's your man taking it?

Belle, hoping Julia feels like being a bit more independant tomorrow. It's sometimes hard to get anything done at all when they're so clingy hey.

Caddie, I had a chuckle at you saying you were jealous of all the good looking heads. Ruby's one of the most gorgeous babies around!
    (And Belle, just looked at your Julia pics - she's right up there with Ruby!)

Mazzie, about Jed not being worried, I could be generalising, but it's my experience that once it's happened, guys are okay with it all - like, Rans was very iffy about whether he wanted kiddies yet, but when we realised I could be pregnant, he wasn't fazed at all, thought it was great! They just don't want to have to make the decisions about whether the family can cope and all that.

Kell, Riv's got that lovely bald patch too - looks around so much! Reckon that might ease up now he's rolling onto his side more.

And Rikki, one day a fortnight! That's do-able I'd reckon! It wouldn't be worth it financially though would it, would you just be working to keep from going rusty?

Well, might think about heading to bed - and oh...the new car's really fun! xo

shell - so sorry to hear about your FIL. How's hubby? Must be so difficult to receive news about parents. I know I think mine are indestructable.

Nelle - If it's relief, it is worth doing (about $220/day). Plus my Mum will have Ains so will be free for childcare. Just keeps me sane with regular adult contact. Can't remember what else I was going to say.... my brain is dead!

We're off to try a playgroup tomorrow. My neighbour goes, so just an opportunity to meet a few more mums in the area. Am only going casual tho, can't commit to too much during the week (already doing swimming and MG) as otherwise I'll never be home during DH's week off.

Have a good night girls, i think i'll take my book to bed and hopefully my brain will be functioning better tmw!

Rikki - One day a fortnight would be ok I reckon.. especially knowing bubba girl is with your mum instead of childcare. You must have such a busy calender with all these meet ups of yours!

Maz - Gawd, I certainly didn't get offended about you talking about Vy's beautiful head! I'm not overly worried about Xanders' flat spot - nothing I can do about it anyway.

Shell - So sorry to hear about your FIL, hope that it hasn't spread further than the stomach. How is your DF?

Belle - Xander is mega unsettled too lately, he started getting clingy at around 5 months and he still is. So I totally sympathise with you there! Funny how we were talking about teething etc and I was saying that Xanders' seem to have settled down again... well, I think I spoke too soon as tonight he was in hysterics rubbing his gums. Gave him some Dymadon and Sedagel (yep both) and he has finally gone to sleep.

Nessa - Target have some cheap thin sleeping bags, better still if you have a Target Baby nearby as they have a much bigger range. I picked one up for Xander a while ago on sale at DJ's for $25 - it was a snugtime branded one and really nice (shame he has outgrown it now).

Jodi - I think a mixture of those amounts is a good idea to save wastage. Will Nina take any formula at all... or water? That could be a lifesaver to tide her over until you figure out exactly how much she needs left with the centre.

Caddie - How was that thing on Pinky McKay? I missed it as Xander was spacking it.

Nelle - Glad your loving the new car... no probs parking so far?

Post Apologies for the mammoth post.

Firstly i'd like to thank you all for your warm welcomes .

Nelle ~ I love the washing hamper pic... i checked out the rest of your pics on Picasa Albums... River is indeed a very photgenic baby boy, and i lurrrved the comments you had for each photo.

Sharleen ~ Ewww, i sympathise about the homebrew smell.... did he spare you while you were pregnant? Shopping for 7? How many children do you have?

Chrissy ~ Another with 7? I don't know how you all do it!! How did the weigh in go? How big is Caitlyn? Aaah i just caught up on your last post, she seems to be doin fine. And Caitlyn probably does have a perfectly shaped head. There are some babies out there that are unfortunate to have egg shaped heads, big heads or even worse... my nephew happened to be one of them, only now has he really grown into it with the rest of his body.

Kellxx ~ Maky will do fine .

*Belle* ~ I hope Julia's teething settles down for you. It's so hard when they're inconsolable.

Jodi ~ Thta's bl00dy horrible about centrelink. I can't believe that theywon't even refund you the balance. I know it's $120, but could you get in contact with the ombudsman.... here's the link if your interested: Commonwealth Ombudsman
    But that is a nice bonus on the extra few $$ per hour.

Caddie ~ Thanks... i moved my sig to the left hand side now, it's not till you mentioned it that i noticed everyone else's was on the left .

AnnaT ~ Hey there.... Thanks for the comment on my childrens names. If i'd had my way, Matilda would in fact have been a "Charlie". Only now since Matilda has been born, my hubby is going around telling everyone that he only settled on the name Matilda because i liked it sooo much! When in fact he's the one that suggested Matilda as a name, and it grew on ME! Aaaargh men! Oh well... she definately looks like a Matilda now . When you say Darcy is your pick for a girl, are you talking about your next baby?

Nessa83 ~ Hehehe, i don't know where i'd be without my internet and my online buddies. So i can relate . It's great having information at the touch of your fingers. Unfortunately since Matilda has been staying awake longer periods, i'm finding i really don't get to sit down here at the pc until about this time (9.30pm onwards).

Maz ~ Hi there.. hey i noticed your childrens names sound kind of German, is there any German influence through your family? My parents are from Berlin, hence the reason why your childrens names stuck out .

Shellbell3 ~ I'm so sorry to hear about your father-inlaw. On the 19th of this month it's the 3 year anniversary of my hubby's fathers death. Due to myeloid leukemia. I hope your father-inlaws tests come back with more positive feedback.

RE: Trolley Covers ~ My sister made one for me awhile ago (with a few minor alterations) .. and apparently she got the sewing pattern from this link:
    Trolley Seat Covers
    Personally i wouldn't mind having a go at making one myself.... but i haven't touched my sewing machine in sooo long, i'm afraid i'd stuff it up. But hey, thought i'd pass on the link incase some of you wanted to have a go at it.

RE: $600 per child centrelink lump sums ~
    I'm still waiting on hubby to hand in his tax from the last financial year... he's lucky his uncle is an accountant and is doing it for him. So i'm still waiting to see if i get 2 x $600 for last year. Grrrr! And then hubby wants to put it on credit card expenses. Double Grrrr!

General Question ~ Just wondering what you all do when it comes time to immunisation? Do you give panadol before the needles or not? I'm still undecided on whether to or not .

Well Tilly just woke again... so i better go warm up a bottle.

Sweet dreams to all.
    xo
    Last edited by MaKyZaDaMa; February 6th, 2007 at 11:00 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast