Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #36

HAPPY 7 MONTHS XANDER!!!
    HAPPY 6 MONTHS JULIA!!!

Been at work today, another day nother dollar!
    Nina is becoming very active now, just in the last couple of days. When on her tummy, she spins around and shuffles to get places. She's trying to pull herself up on things when on her tummy and is sitting up really well now too. She's a bit cranky ATM and Heath is settling her for bed. She decided daycare was too much fun to sleep this afternoon. They had 5 babies between 6-9 months in there today, none of whom slept this afternoon!!!
    She decided 5am was a good time to wake up today but I didn't. Ended just putting her on the ground in her room while I sat in the rocking chair dozing in and out of sleep. After playing for a while, she put her head down and went to sleep, on the floor. It was so cute. I was gonna leave there but decided to move her. We had to wake her at 7.15 so we could get going. Hopefully tomorrow she'll sleep in, as I'm at home and I'd love the sleep in myself.

rach - our carseat is on the side too but we're not going to turn it around until she's around 12 months old.

belle - how are you going? hope the headache goes away soon.

helen - how'd you go with the surveyor? Hope it gets sorted out soon

shell - i haven't got nina's 6 month needles yet. each week we go and the dr says she's too sick. Even though she's only had a cold, they didn't want to do it. she hasn't even had a temp she's booked in for tomorrow, so hopefully they'll do it. her cold has gone, she's just got a little cough now.

caddie - how are you feeling? Improving? Can't believe i did personals yesterday to everyone else, except me! I definitely can't be blamed for forgetting people hehehe! And woohoo on Ruby's tooth!!

annat - I'm so sorry to hear you got AF today. Hopefully you're keeping strong and positive. You going to go to the FS? I reckon you should. 10.2kg!!! OMG that's huge...of course in a good way though. Nina has lost weight since having this cold and is down to 7.8kg (a week ago) she was almost 9 kg. She lost her appetite and is slowly getting it back. She's back onto 3 solids a day, but not having the same quantity per sitting as before.

maz - how's the ms going. hopefully easing up for you.

nelle - where are you?

nessa - how'd Teleah go with the rest of the day? Maybe it was just the initial mummy is leaving me thing she didn't like?

kel - I was going through nina's photos the other day and there's only a couple with either Heath or myself in them, they're all of just her! I'm gonna have to get someone to take some family shots too

anna** - how'd the parenting classes go?

ambz - great to hear from you and YAY on Savanna moving around. She'll be crawling around before you know it!

Quite proud of myself with that post, I think I've remembered everyone!!

Hey girls... just a quick one whilst Xander has a power nap (his naps are all out of whack from the classes this morning)

Parenting classes were ok, am a bit miffed that one of the creche workers is very obviously a serious smoker (her clothes etc reeked). To this date, I have managed to avoid anyone who smokes from holding him etc as I cannot stand the smell of smoke on babies - actually almost to the point I didn't want to hold my own son (how f*cked up is that!?!!!). Will have a word to the organiser next week about my paranoia/weirdness.

Oh, and apparently Xander needs to be referred back for physio as he isn't sitting up (or even attempting to) - he just topples over straight away if I put him in a sitting position, he just isn't keeping up with the milestones at all. So now the idiots are telling me that he may well turn out to be a 'difficult' child - very obviously bright intellectually, but lacking in gross motor development which they say is likely to cause some issues down the track with learning (as he will be behind with crawling etc). Most of the problems they are predicting is that he will be very frustrated - and therefore 'difficult'.

Talk about a total headf*ck. I'm fuming.

Anna**- You have every right to complain. I don't think people who are in that area dealing with babies should be allowed to stink of smoke.
    Do you think they are jumping the gun abit with the whole thing bout Xander being behind and therefore difficult? I mean i thought it was a rough guide when kids did things and some were faster in some areas and slower in others. I don't see it as such an issue him not sitting up yet. He'll do it in his own time.

Jodi- maybe now she's becoming more active it might get her brain racing and therefore not sleep as well? Hopefully you'll get some sort of sleep in tomor. I'm lucky with Ashleigh in the fact if she decides she wants to play she'll play quietly in her cot then just grizzle a little before she goes back to sleep.

Belle- Hows the headache?

caddie- Could you still leave her on the daycare waiting list but review it in maybe 6 months? That way if things have changed you'll still be on the list rather than having to wait again.

Helen.p- Hope you sort out everything with the block, ket us know how it goes.

Nessa- I'm sure she'll settle doing occasional care soon. If she settles pretty quick after you leave then try not to worry bout it. My nephew did the same thing for awhile with daycare, he'd cry and say he wanted to go home then when my sister left she'd watch him and he'd be running around happily!

Okay gotta get off, Lost is about to start!

anna** - like i said in my email, I don't believe what they've said to be true. Every baby develops at their own time.

shell - sometimes she will play in her cot, but other times she wants to on the ground moving around more. I've found though now that she's moving around she's sleeping better. She had slept 11 hours straight last night, then up for 30 min at 5, then back to sleep till 7.15. I've also found that daycare must tire her out cause she sleeps so much better at night on the days she goes. Wish I had the energy during the day to wear out her so much like they do!

ETA: ness, what teething gel is that your talking about?
    Last edited by Visitor7; March 15th, 2007 at 07:36 PM. Reason: ness

Another migrain for me tonight. Have decided after this cycle im getting off the pill and see what happens. Gonna then chart and go cold turkey (not that thats any different to atm anyways!) while im i the ovulating period so i hopefully dont fall preggas yet. May give the old raincoat a go but not too keen on it.

Chrissy.. HELLO!

Rach.. yeh just do whatever makes you feel more comfortable and what suits Jack. Jesse was getting too big for the insert you have to use with rear facing too so i think it was the right move for him.

Jodi.. awww how cute. They are just adorable when theyre sleeping arent they.

Anna**.. there was a thread somewhere where a few people said their bubs crawled before they sat, others didnt sit until they were 8+ months. Here i found it: http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=31924 I think theyll do it when theyre ready.. i wouldnt be too concerned personally, especially after reading that.

Well gonna hit they hey as my brain feels like Jello atm.

Gnight everyone.

xx

spoke too soon, nina has woken up! She's happily playing in the loungeroom. I think she was trying to escape out of her cot, and all 4's with one hand up on the bar on the cot...me thinks I'd better drop the mattress down before she falls out!

kel - I hate migraines! Wonder what's causing them?

well its 3am here, caitlyn is in her porta cot next to me sitting up playing with all her toys, and waking the household up, with her big mouth, i think she gets that from her father!!

well were do i start?

anna- hi mate, well dont worry to much about what all the professionals say my son sean never even crawled, he actually shuffeled around on his bum, that looked very funny, then one day he walked, and everyone told me how BEHIND he was gonna be, but he is perfectly normal.

maz- hows the tiolet bowl looking this morning, you poor bugger, congrats on you u/s, how are your hansom boys, and your spunky vy going?

annat- sorry about your bfn and af appearing, why dont you just take a month of from the whole ttc, as it does make you feel a lot less stressful, that 2ww really sucks and im not going through all that sh** at the moment.......take care hun, it will happen when the time is right.

belle- sorry to hear about your headaache, i hope yur ok, really loved meeting up yesterday, i sh*t it was the day before now, we will have to do it again, i couldnt really talk to much about my m/c and ttc again as my little ears was sitting next to me, and you would be surprised at what they pick up on, and off cause we dont tell the kids we are trying for a baby or mummy m/c........im sure you get my drift. oh yeh and julia is such a cutie.

kell- hope you have overcome your migaine i hate them, i used to suffer them, and the only thing i could do was go to bed, how is spunky jesse going? he is such a character, nice catching up with you, and i never got lost finding my way out!

caddie- how are you feeling hun, i hope your ok now, as for eye candy at the gym, well theres a bit, but the Newcastle Knights train there ( rugby league) so its pretty funny watching all those meat heads walk around if there gods gift, but at the same time there are a few of them that are ok, actually i was swimming yesterday and as i finished a lap, Andrew Johns was walking past ans said hi, how are you.......i did look around to think who the f*** are you talking to then i realised he was talking to me, so that was really weird!

annie- how are you going at the gym? i have been going for 40days now and got my 40day weighin since i started i have lost 6kg, 7cm around my waist 4cm around my hips, but i still have 10kg to go but my goal s to lose that before july as im going to qld then.

nessa- hi mate how are you going, hope your girls are treating you well

jodi- wow nina sounds like she will be trying to climb out of the cot before you know it, how is work going and nina in the crech?

ambz- hi mate it was nice to see you back good luck with you move.

rtiki- hello, how is miss ainsleigh going and sam,?

shell- sending ash a greta big kiss, sorry cant remeber what you said, so i will just say hi

nelle- where are you lurking girl, you are usaully the last poster of a night time.....you night owl!

helen, hi mate, how is eithan going?

rach, hello to you too, and mr jack.

well as for me, nothing much happenening just going to the gym, putting up with caityns teething, putting up with craig on arvo shift, and sleeping all f88king day, driving me insane, and when its the weekend he still sleeps all fu88ing day........as she pulls herehair out!! odh yeh ive created a monster......a model monster, nicole keeps telling everyone shes a model, and im still deciding wheather i will pput her in or not........we are going to sydney this weekend for craigs brothers 40th birthday, so one huge night on the ****...........oh **** my legs have gone to sleep, maybe there telling me something........like go back to bed!! im getting the ****s listening to guthy renker.

bye girls........i hope i never forgot anyone

Chrissy.. Yeh thanks migrain has subsided but am just getting them too often now i think. Im getting one every 2 weeks or so. But they realy take me out as i lose my vision too. Hopefully coming off the pill will work, and i dont fall preggas at the same time (just yet anyways). He is a funny little boy Haha.. well i honestly think Nicole could get into modelling, seeing her in person too, she definately has the look. I know someone on here had their bubs in photo modelling and they were in the target catalogue.

Jodi.. oh i think we have to drop Jesse's down very soon too. When hes up on all 4's in there he can reach the top of the rain so think its about time.

Hope everyone got some good sleep. Jess wok at 12.30am and then 3.30am as usual. Dont get it. He wakes up crying, i go in and roll him back over give him his dummy and he's out again. Its good but quite annoying as the broken sleep for me sux.

Well gonna go grab some breaky before Jess starts to whinge.. doh! spoke too soon.

Ciao ciao

xx

Quote Originally Posted by Anna** View Post
    Parenting classes were ok, am a bit miffed that one of the creche workers is very obviously a serious smoker (her clothes etc reeked). Will have a word to the organiser next week about my paranoia/weirdness.

Oh, and apparently Xander needs to be referred back for physio as he isn't sitting up (or even attempting to) - he just topples over straight away if I put him in a sitting position, he just isn't keeping up with the milestones at all. .
    1. talk to organiser that is just not right about reeking of smoke one of my pet peeves too *hugs*
    2. one of the girls in mums group was starting to be concerned about her bub as he would topple and stuff basically didn't seem to have any back strength, well one fo the girl and I were also starting to wonder about him, and then literally within a week we were like woh what happened here all of a sudden he could sit and crawl, he is 1 in may and this happened last month she did start using a jolly jumper with him during this time, but anyway the point is dont stress the milestone are just guides

Quote Originally Posted by *Nessa* View Post
    its a teethin gel that only the adelaides womens and childrens hospital make. it is the best ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you can only buy it from ths hosp in the city
    the chemist here makes one as well litho something is pink I usedit when I had my wisdom teeth removed, and a number of the girls in my mums group use it, if I had probs with jacks teeth I would have used it

so what else is new, not a lot, TMI jack is so crazy at the moment, I got him out of bed this morning and lay him on our bed so I could put some PJ's on sleep in knickers andyway as I leaned across him to get top the little bugger grabs my boob and latches on and trys to suck stopped looked at me and did it again

well best get moving this washing isn't going to do itself

Morning girls, well I got a little sleep in, till 7.30. Better than 5am anyway! Except she woke at the same times as Jesse did, 12.30 & 3.30. They must have been talking to each other, saying 'mummy's having a great sleep, lets stuff it up for them hehehe'. Little buggars they are.
    Mum has a migraine too kel, and she gets them pretty bad, usually ends up in hospital. At work, all the other Property Managers are away today, on holidays, and mum is the only one there, so she's not looking forward to it with a migraine.
    chrissy - well done on the weight loss so far! You're going great. I reckon don't look at the scales, look at the cm you're losing and your dress sizes, cause you could have more muscle than fat now.
    ness - gggrrrrr at DH! They can be selfish sometimes can't they
    rach - PMSL at Jack, he did that once before didn't he?

ETA: nina is shuffling forwards now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just went to check on her in the lounge room and she's shuffling towards the TV, and now I can hear her in the hallway!
    Last edited by Visitor7; March 16th, 2007 at 08:01 AM. Reason: nina on the move!

rach - PMSL at Jack, he did that once before didn't he?
    yeah when he was real little but he has started gnawing at them thru my tops and stuff he had been b/f i would understand but he wasn't i do still leak a lot so maybe babies just know what it is

hi ya girls
    sorry no personals im to $hit and have the worst headache
    Hit me for it later
    xx

Thanks for the support girls.. will reply a bit later as bubs has woken up.

Just a quick one that I have uploaded some of my cakes etc to my homepage - just click on the link in my profile (not signature) and it will take you there. If it asks for a password, it's Xander. They are in the folder 'Cakes n Stuff'

morning all

just popping on quicky to say good morning.. have not read all posts as yet, but have managed to check out the photos from sydney BB meet .. You girls all look great! such cute bubbas for you all !

Anna** they cakes are amazing by the way!
    Maz - hope that your morning gets better.
    Caddie - Ouch - those brusies are huge. hope that you are feeling better..

have the gym today.. again.. getting into the swing of it.. trying to do a mizture of everything.. Body Balance rocks!

www.flickr.com/photos/tighefamily/

hope this works.. if not ill try and fix it after the gym

xoxo anna

will BBL

oh and i have setup a new website ..

Sorry to be a bit self absorbed at the moment girls...Ive just started spotting

Maz - Think positive honey. Big hugs, I'm sure it'll all be ok. Spotting in early pg is very common.

oh Maz, Take care.. can someone come over and help you out today so you can rest.. HUGE hugs.

maz huge hugs. Like anna said it's very common in early pg. Try to stay positive

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast