Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #36

hugs maz... keep positive hun.

have not been on much but dh left today so will try to catch up. thinking of you all xxx

Jodi.. Oh go Nina go!!!! Oh your poor mum. Tell her just to go and have a nap under her table! I dont get them that bad, but theyre bad enough.. losing vision, severe headache, cant talk properly, go numb etc. Im glad i dont throw up with then which ive heard some people do, as throwing up is my biggest phobia! Oh i bet they were the little cheaky buggers!

Rach.. haha Jack just luurvess his boobies!

Anna**.. omg did you make those?! How awesome are they!! both you and Nessa are so clever with your cakes! How did you learn? Did you do that before Xander? Oh that would so be something id love to do someday.

Annie.. what a spunky boys Alexander is!!

Maz.. hope youre ok honey.. fingers crossed its just spotting.. my sister had spotting all the way through with her 3 kids. Keep postive ok. Hope the m/s is getting better too.

MIL just called and said she's getting Jesse's Naming Day cake done through a friend and theyre paying for it! Woah! Ive shown her a pic of exactly what i want. A place i got a quote from said they could do a small one for $105. I want a star shaped cake with blocks on it that spell out Jesse. But cant complain if theyre paying for it!

Maz- Thinking of you mate. As others have said it is common but I know its hard not to stress! Just try to take it easy and relax, put your feet up.

Kell- Thats great bout getting the cake free. They can be so expensive. I'll have to move closer to Anna or Nessa when I need one! Hows your head? Hopefully getting off the pill will help.

Annie- Love the pics, you need to put more on there, they're such cuties.

chrissy- Thats cute she already telling everyone shes a model. Lets just hope she doesn't get a naomi campbell attitude! Lol. Oh and tell Craig to give you a sleep in! I tell my Df if he wants to go out sat night and drink then sleep in sun then sat is my day to lay in bed!

Jodi/ kell- thats funny bout the waking times cause if I don't give Ashleigh a dreamfeed at 10:30, she wakes those same times. Thats why started doing dreemfeed cause otherwise I'd be asleep an hour then getting up! Its a pain in the arse. If I feed at 10:30 she'll sleep til 2-2:30 then til 5:30-6:00 so only feels like 2 feeds instead of 3 then.

Hello to everyone else, I'm cruising the net for houses to look at. We're gonna buy in few months so just doing my homework.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna** View Post
    Just a quick one that I have uploaded some of my cakes etc
    beautiful did you make them yourself, I used to that stuff when I was doing my apprenticeship but haven't done anything for years

[QUOTE=*Annie*;669801]

www.flickr.com/photos/tighefamily/

QUOTE]

great pics so far

Quote Originally Posted by maz View Post
    Sorry to be a bit self absorbed at the moment girls...Ive just started spotting
    :hugs:

Quote Originally Posted by Kellxx View Post
    Rach.. haha Jack just luurvess his boobies!

doesn't bother me but why now makes me a little sad that when milk came thru I didn't try him again

shell - good luck with the house hunting. I love buying houses! Wish i had enough money to have half a dozen!! Weird about those times hey. She didn't even want a feed. She was up on all 4's, so I put her on her back and she went to sleep. Weird huh. Glad the dreamfeeding is working. If I do that with Nina, she'll wake up about an hour later looking for more!

kel - I wanna move closer to them also so they can bake me some cakes. Heath loves cakes, but I just don't know the slighest about baking them. I always get his from the cake shop, he insists on having some cake with his lunch each day!

chrissy - hopefully the modelling won't go to her head. She is a beautiful girl though and I hope she gets the right sort of work.

Just got nina to sleep, she was super cranky while I was on the phone to anna before (sorry about that anna!), but she should sleep for a few hours now. Tried her on some yoghurt this morning and she loved it! I had the camera ready for the face pulling, but she didn't do it! Just gulped it down. She's such a pig. I'll upload the photos in a bit.

ETA: anna those cakes are awesome! You do such a great job
    Last edited by Visitor7; March 16th, 2007 at 10:13 AM. Reason: annas cakes

Rach.. i was thinking the other day and just now as i was bottle feeding Jess that i wish i just really stuck at it with booby feeding. But i guess i did it for a reason as we both werent happy back then. But Jess when after and before ive fed him a bottle will always go and try and suck on my boobs.. very strange. Ill have a wet mark on my shirt from his mouth. Ah well.. number 2 hopefully breastfeeding works for us a bit better.

Jodi.. oh thats great Nina loves her yogurt! I think its Jesse's favourite meal now (he has it for lunch and he sits there saying mmmmm with each mouthful. Oh DH is made about chocolate cake but has told me im not allowed to make any cos hes on a diet! Yeh sure, that consists of eating a box of favourites chocolates in one evening! I only got 2 out of the hugemungous box!!

Shell.. must be the baby partying hours i think!

Hi there. I mostly just lurk here every now and then as I can't keep up!

Congrats to all the girls with another on the way, how exciting!

Anna**, just wanted to say sweetie that there is nothing wrong with a bub sitting late. The DD of our friends didn't sit until she was 11months, then she stood up the very next day! She is now doing as well as, or better than, the other kids her age (nearly 3). I don't think you have anything to worry about. THey all do things at different times. Hang in there!

Hey Mel!

Ummm...sorry for getting lazy. I got lazy.

Hugs to Maz, hopefully it's just that wierdo early preg spotting that makes us freak out when nothing's actually wrong at all. Have you dtd recently? That always made me spot. (And freak out and refuse to dtd.)

Hugs to Anna, poo poo to those who tell you something's wrong. What do YOU think? Do you reckon something's up, or is he just not interested yet? Mel's story is comforting, all babies do stuff differently. Leo (my sis) didn't learn to walk for aaaages, the first thing she did upright was run. She ran everywhere.
    And as usual, nice cakes! Like that wedding cake, who would have thought to do castle towers!

Rach, Kell - is there any reason you can't do one feed/snack a day? Not because you HAVE to but because it's a great bonding thing, and you can get some of your antibodies to bubs so they don't get sick from germies they eat off the carpet...River's eating the carpet now...hang on, just gonna move his little whingy butt.

There we go, smiles again.

Umm...okay. Annie your kids are cute!

Shell have you found any good houses yet? What area are you looking to buy in? I've been talking to Rans, when we eventually buy (if we ever do!), I reckon our area will be way too expensive for what we want! Melbourne prices, especially eastern suburbs, are skyrocketing! Tasmania looks really nice, and it's not too far from Victoria either. What's it like Helen? Have you lived there all your life?
    I guess we'll just live wherever Rans works though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellxx View Post
    Rach.. i was thinking the other day and just now as i was bottle feeding Jess that i wish i just really stuck at it with booby feeding. But i guess i did it for a reason as we both werent happy back then. But Jess when after and before ive fed him a bottle will always go and try and suck on my boobs.. very strange. Ill have a wet mark on my shirt from his mouth. Ah well.. number 2 hopefully breastfeeding works for us a bit better.
    if only someone had said to me you could try again once milk comes in or keep expressing and when you do get a good flow offer it to him, as it was I had nothing approx .5ml of colostrum expressed from birth to day 4 when I decided enough was enough and bottle feeding was the way to go, also Jase was behind me 100% with bottle feeding as it would give him a chance to feed well I am lucky if he feeds jack once a week but that is another story

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Rach, Kell - is there any reason you can't do one feed/snack a day? Not because you HAVE to but because it's a great bonding thing, and you can get some of your antibodies to bubs so they don't get sick from germies they eat off the carpet...River's eating the carpet now...hang on, just gonna move his little whingy butt.
    when my milk did come thru day 8 or 9 I thought about offering it to him but he had been so sick and with bottle feeding we knew he was getting x amount Jase was worried about confusing him etc, I should have just done some more research

as for bonding the fact I sit and feed Jack up to 8 times a day means we have plenty of bonding time, and becuase I am the only one aside from jase who feeds him it is plenty bonding, I made a rule when I switched to bottles nobody but jase or I would feed him for at least 6 mths, well my family were fine with that IL's not so much and have actually said can't wait till he turns 6 mths so we can give him a bottle, well they are in for one hell of a shock cause I am not giving him up for feeds that os our time

ok I went totally off subject there hey

Nelle - Ive never had this before. Yes DTD this morning and it wasnt gentle sop putting it down to that and the dildo cam they used to check me out the other day. Im going to try and forget about it for now
    Anna - thanks for settling my nervous before honey. YOur worth your weight in gold
    thnak you everyone for thinking of me it means heaps
    BBL
    xx

Nelle.. no chance unfortunately.. no milk in these boobies.. hasnt been for about 5 months. Jess started bottle feeding from about 1.5 weeks old.

Rach.. the exact same thing happened with me. I wish i was told the same thing, but the midwife visiting me said it was either one or the other and i couldnt do both. Grahame also was happy with whatever made me happy and at the time i was so sleep deprived that the bottle seemed like the only option as that way both Jess and i were able to sleep and were happy at least. Grahame will feed Jess whenever i ask him to. If i need to pop out to the shops or something he'll happily do it. Otherwise i generally feed Jesse otherwise he mucks around with anyone else and thinks its play time. Plus i love feeding him, especially the solids.

Yeh we still have our bonding time too, with his feeds and cuddles of a night time too.. mummy is the only person who he will settle with. But still now with a clear mind and not so sleep deprived, i wish i had a second chance at it. Ah well, thats what number #2 will be for

Kell, Rach dont worry I didnt breastfeed past 4wks either as my supply was [email protected] I dont even leak now soooo youve got one up on me! I never even got engorged or anything when I stopped BF it was like I had never started, the milk just disappeared!I am def going to BF #2 though. Jett doesnt even seem interested in booby and never did really. Right now he just thinks theyre something soft to lay his head on, I could poke my nipple in his face and all he'll think to do with it is pinch it (which bloody hurts btw) soooooooo thats a good enough answer that I did the right thing going formula for me

Im trying to be positive today even though I feel like crying. Im thinking of hiding in Sydney for the whole of September just so I can avoid the babies that shall be being born at that time to people in my immediate vicinity. That way I can have Jetts 1st birthday party there and our friends can come! Am I the only nutter already thinking birthday parties? Sad thing is there is no one here to come to his party so unless I go to Sydney he wont get one But if I go to Sydney Dh probably wont want to come all that way for one night. Dilemma's dilemma's.

Hey Vic gals we should have a casual party for our Sept bubs! We can meet up at a park or something and have a cake for them all, would be cute lol

I should be cleaning. Bub is still asleep and has been for an hour or more.

BBL after Ive attempted something constructive.

Anna I have already picked a theme for jacks bday and have been researching online for the cheapest supplier

I am so looking forward too it, just hope our renos are finished in time

maz, i hope your ok hun, i am thinking of you, rest up mate and take it easy.maybe jed needs to have a dtd break for a little while.

Well, I'm planning in a card and a cake for Riv's first birthday. Maybe balloons. He likes balloons. Since I'm planning 3 or 4 kiddos, I want it to be fair, and I can't imagine having a big hoo ha for #4! I don't think a 1yo will care anyway, though it would be a grouse excuse to have friends over. Probably the first big party will be 5yrs?

Ooer, Rans is pulling in the driveway and I'm still in my jim jams...I'm in trouuuuble.

Maz honey please rest up!!! You do too much and stuff jed!! No more doona dancing.
    Me,went to drs and now on monday i have to have a cat scan and drink this iodine crap!! Im so scared of it tasting horrible and i have to fast.The dr wants to find the cause as its serious in that it cause diabetes if pancreas becomes damaged.And no cure for pancreatitis only bedrest,pain relief and no food,only clear fluids.So that sucks big time.Aaron is mega stressin now as because i have no family support he has to take time off work to look after kids and then his work goes over the weekend and we dont see him.What a merry go round!!!

Oh cadbury creme eggssss!!!!!!

LMAO Marshmellow grows on a marshmellow plant.. that was a question on this kids show on tv atm.. just like if you feed a cow chocolate you get chocolate milk!

Nessa.. id so like to know if that exists! THough i bet after all that trouble Jess would just turn his nose up at it.

Im still planning Jesse's naming day lol.. though its going to be like a big birthday party anyways lol.

im with you nelle........no 1 year old party here, and since its number6 for me, i just dont see the sence in it.........when they are older they get much more out of it..........and 1 year old partys are mainly for the grown ups!! and none of my other kids got one.....so its only fair not to have one

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast