Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #4

Maz- LOL bout that Aust post comment, i felt like doing that with Ash yesterday!

I was from the Oct 1-15th belly buddies, but my bub was born 25th Sept may I join too

The arrival of
    Jack Robert Edwards
    what a adventure!!!

22nd Sept 2006

Finally after 8 weeks of worrying about Jack coming early, which included a royal flying dr flight to Brisbane, and Capricorn rescue chopper flight to Rockhampton, we finally had a date for his arrival, 23rd Sept 2006 this was bitter sweet for us, as it was the 3rd anniversary of our Katyís birth and arrival into heaven.
    After OB appoint we decided to do some last minute shopping etc, when we received a phone call to say his birth had been put off till the 24th Sept, which we were fine about as you can imagine. So we are watching TV when we receive a message to phone OB ASAP, so I give him a call, he says, we have a problem and I am trying to find a hospital for you to go to to have the baby. I am like WTF! He says we are have no beds in special care :mad: anyway Jase and I are like we arenít going anywhere, what will a few days make for a elective c-sect.

23rd Sept 2006

On the 23rd we head to hospital to see OB with full intentions of saying like hell I am being flown anywhere to have this baby, I was only 37 weeks so we are like whatís the hurry. When we get there he explains why special care is full, and why he would like me to go elsewhere, basically we could hold off for a few days but if we do and bub comes and requires special care as he believes he will due to the GD, size of bub and excess fluid, then bub will be flown out while I stay in Rockhampton. :eek: So of course I am now prepared to be flown anywhere
    So he admits me to hospital while waiting on news whether I would be flown 8hrs south or 9 hours north, finally around 12pm we get news that north it is, and am told we should be flown out mid afternoon, so Jase hitís the road for the long drive north, while I wait for the plane, and I wait and waitÖÖÖ.receive a phone call to say Jase is safe and sound in Townsville, and I am still waiting finally am flown out at 12.50am on the morning of the 24th.

24th Sept 2006

I arrive at the Townsville base hospital at appox 3am, they ring Jase at his motel and he comes up, the midwife pops me on a CTG machine to monitor bub for a bit, finally I send Jase back to motel, no point if c-sect is to go ahead for both of us to get no sleep. So around 6am they transfer me down to maternity to try and get some sleep, yeah right like that is going to happen. So anyway Jase comes back up and we wait to see OB, he finally comes around 1pm and then beat this after being told in Rockhampton no way we would try induction this OB is happy to give it a go :yippee:, so he arranges for me to go to birth suites to start induction, there they place a thing inside called cevadil, it is placed up against the cervix, it has string that sits outside so they can remove it. By 10pm Sunday night I am in tears with pain, and regretting attempting a natural labour. But I also knew if nothing was progressing by morning as in no dilation then OB would go straight to c-sect plan.

25th Sept 2006

Jase arrives nice and early to hospital, around 7:30am we are taken up to birth suites, where a midwife hooks me up to CTG, which shows I am having smallish contractions, although they felt like huge ones to me , this is when the drama begins, he yes my midwife was male goes out and gets another midwife, they donít say much to us, but are commenting on bubs heart rate, it turns out after each contraction it was plummeting showing he was in distress. The next minute we have a OB in the room, she says, she wants to do a internal and if dilation is happening rupture my waters. So when she does she finds I am only 1cm dilated, during this time bub heart rate kept dropping big time. So she says am I happy to have a c-sect I am like yes no problems. Little did I know that I was no being referred to as a emergency c-sect, it really wasnít till I was on the table did I realise what was happening.
    They said to me, if epidural doesnít work first time, they would have to knock me out. Thankfully the epidural worked. So Jase comes in and they out up the shield thing and get to work, am talking away to Jase and didnít even realise they had started
    The next minute epidural guy says to me, they are just getting bub out, so I wait anticipating them lifting bub over screen, well the next minute they are saying look to the left and I see this dr with bub over his shoulder racing out of the room, I was a bit confused but I thought ok maybe this is normal, finally I ask is he what I thought he was and I turn to Jase and say you have a son I also say what is wrong, the epidural guy says bub isnít breathing and the drís are working on him, they have placed a tube down his throat to help him breath L it took my little man a good 10 minutes to come good.

Jack Robert born 8.40am 25th Sept 2006
    8lbs 12.5oz, 3985grms
    50 cm long, 20inchs
    HC 36.5cm, approx 14 inch
    APGAR score 3 at birth,
    6 at 5min
    8 at 10min

Finally they took Jase out to meet him and then brought Jack into theatre for me to say hello before taking him to special care.

I have no memory of Monday from recovery till 5pm when I said I need to see my son, apparently after spending a eternity in recovery I was taken to special care where I got to touch him thru his isolette, I donít remember this.

http://i9.tinypic.com/44pyeew.gif

Jase spent a lot of the day with me then in special care while I slept, as I said at around 5pm, I buzzed for a nurse and said I need to see him, so they helped me out of bed and into a wheelchair, and called Jase down from SC and he wheeled me up to meet our son

http://i9.tinypic.com/2nqyu7c.gif
    http://i10.tinypic.com/40e7nrr.gif
    http://i10.tinypic.com/3y60qvo.gif

Ok so will be back with our adventures during the first week, with our miracle Jack Robert

Hi girls!

Sorry I havent been around but yesterday was crazy...thankfully Julia slept great last night between her 4 hourly feeds and I got some sleep, this morning Jeffrey let me go out by myself! I had a great time at Target 30% off sale! I got a maternity bra for $5 and little outfits for $7 each and enjoyed a yummy iced mocha and walked in the sunshine knackered when I got home and little Julia missed mummy and was hungry LOL. Shes unsettled today so we kept her up until 1pm and now she is sleeping really well.

Maz - thanks for the call mate, you are so funny! I resisted Krispy Kreme this morning god it was hard let me tell you. Vy sounds so great! such a good baby I hope your scar is ok matey.. mines real itchy today must be the weather its hot?

Helen - Welcome back! you are such a brave mum watching Eithan go through the needles I would be crying right beside Julia I dont even like seeing her cry. Lets catchup soon mate ok. I hope the tests come back all good..fingers crossed.

Anna** - Xanders such a great boy! I love his photos he is so cute! Thanks for the chat and the advice the other day, I was a bit of a mess and you are such a great friend I thank you so much for helping me.

Shellbell - YAY at Ashleigh today sleeping between feeds, and you got to catchup on sleep I hope you are feeling better.

Caddie - great news Ruby sleeping too! wow lots of babies are being really good last night and today.

Adele - mate I hope your hip is ok and the painkillers are working - thinking of you lets catchup soon ok.

Jodi - hows Nina going? sleeping well?

AnnaT - how you feeling today? Are you drinking heaps of water? my letdown was not good when I was stressed could only get 20mls outta expressing, it was so bad...hope you are feeling better today.

ChrissyT - love the photos of Paige! and your birthstory too mate. how you doing today?

LitteP - how you doing ? I know you asked me a question, did I answer? I have such a bad memory at the moment...

Ohhh Julia is awake and crying must go and feed, back later girls.

to Chrissy, Nelle, Merrie and everyone else.

Bel
    xxx

hi ya and welcome Rah
    My god, I cant believe what you andyour little man Jack went through. But atleast he's here and alls well now. I bet he'll be a spoilt little munchkin
    Oh Belle - your terrible ...heheheheheheh I could so go a mocha now...yummy

Yes welcome Rach! I had read your birth story n oct belly buddies! Wow!
    MMM i could do with a cappachino or just an outing like a normal human being.If I have been out its for a chore of some sort. Mum said she would take me out next week which hopefully will be nice.Just depends if millana behaves or turns into a turd! Its hard to go out of your 2yr old doesnt cooperate.Taking babies out are the easy part! Do it now girls!

thanks for the welcome girls

well my man gave me a fright this arvie we have a angel sound and movement monitor, well I was sleeping in bedroom jase was asleep in lounge and I heard a tic from parent unit the next minute the alarm sounded :eek: I think I was in his room in two leaps, I scared the life out of him when I grabbed him, I have since checked the alarm and as it only sounded 3 times I think he may have beenbreathing real shallow to shallow for it to pick up, but man my heart sank when I heard that sound

thankfully he seems ok, and he wasn't blue or anything so hopefully that is all it was

what a scare though

merrie Guest

Hi everyone,

Just popped in to say hello while Harriet is asleep.

BF is a nightmare for me my milk has still not come in properly so while I am waiting for drugs, expressing, herbal teas etc for work I am having to sup with formula which I never wanted to do and is making me feel like a complete failure! It is so depressing.

I am glad to hear you all seem to be doing well with breast feeding. Harriet is a real angel and is sleeping pretty well. She is a real looker too.

Love you you all and your little ones.

Merrie

Merrie :hugs:

on wed 27th the first night Jack roomed with me, I lost my milk well colustrum I literally had not a drop, and while they say persevere by Thursday mornign I was a complete mess, and decided formula was the go for me, turns out according to a midwife my :blush: bb's were too big for Jack to attach properly, she was goign to recomend tube and finger feeding EBM to him, but we decided to stick with formula, but would you beleive it by Mon 2nd my milk came in big time, but with all the dramas we have had with him I decided to stick with formula

I too felt like a failure for a few days but now knowing he is gaining weight wakinghimself for feeds, we had to stimulate and wake him for ages to feed, I know I have made the right decision for bothof us, my one consolation is nobody but Jase and I will feed him till 6 months

anyway hope you BM comes in but if it doesn't you are not a failure as long as bub is gaining weight and content and happy thats all that matters in the end :hugs:

Hi all,
    It's been a long day for me. I woke at 4am for some reason and couldn't get back to sleep. Nina has been having her usual 'witching hour' moments since 5pm, luckily mum is here and is looking after her. At the moment she is bathing her ... thank god for mums!!!
    welcome rach75 and congrats on the birth of Jack. Sorry haven't got around to reading your birth story, too tired.
    Nina is sleeping really well, pretty much from 10pm to 6am.
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend and remember little babies, be good to your mothers!!

Welcome Rach - I read your birthstory too...and also was updated by Emma in PAML too. Great to see you here and look forward to getting to know you.

Merrie - Hello mate, so great to see you, how is Harriett doing? shes a little cutie! I hope your breastmilk lets down really well soon hon, it is really stressful, I hope the medication works for you. Rach is right, whats really important is the baby gaining weight, try not to feel guilty, there is so much pressure out there to breastfeed isnt there and I think that its unfair. Big hugs to you and I hope everything gets better.

Jodi - Nina and Julia seem to have the same schedule again. Julia's been up all day and now is crying, she hasnt slept at all. Wondering if its because DH has been home all day and her schedule is different?

Caddie - hows ruby tonight? and Millana? mmmm I need more coffee now too im knackered and just want to sleep.

Have a good night girls.

Bel
    xxx

Hi ladies, can I join you????

belle - you might have a point about your DH being at home. Mine has been as well the last couple of days, and she will only settle with him at the moment.

Not sure if this is normal or not, but I got my period yesterday. I've never had heavy bleeding of even experienced period pain before, but now I've got both!! I feel absolutely miserable. I'm going to the dr tomorrow to see if he thinks it's the pill. I started feeling crap just as I started taking it. If he thinks it is I'd rather go off it and be on nothing!
    Nina finally settled at 9 last night and slept through till 6.30 except for a nappy change at 4am. I'm glad she did that as I was stuffed yesterday and had no energy. She's gone back to sleep now so she must be exhausted.
    We're going over to some friends today to watch Bathurst, although I'd rather be in bed sleeping. Mum is going to look after Nina ... again, thank god for Mums!!!

magic - welcome and congrats on your DS arrival! What's his name?

caddie - I agree, taking babies out is really easy. Nina and I go out everyday for some shopping or to meet someone for lunch ... I love it!!!

Hi all,
    Ash was little unsettled over night, I thought she would cause she slept at 5pm yest had a feed at 7pm and went straight back to sleep so i thought she'd be alert early, started playing up after the 2am feed but got her settled eventually then she was up ready for the day at 6! I just brought her to bed with us, not that I got any sleep in really.

Talking bout our partners, Ash is more settled on days he is home and it frustrates me cause she'll have her screaming non stop times more often when he's not around so he doesn't see what I deal with and why I'm bawling my eyes out sometimes! At least if he is there when she does it we can take turns to calm her and the screaming never seems so bad if there is someone else there.

well we are off to have a family photo's taken this arvo at myers so will give Ash a good bath and put on a cute little pink outfit when she wakes up.

Merrie! How cute is harriet! I love that name,i wish i had thought of it,and the hair is adorable!
    Shellbell,thats nice you are having a family photo,we havnt got that far yet! Only at the birth.I have had some individual ones with her but look tired and worn out! We need to do something about it.
    Jodie,nina sounds like such a good girl.
    Ruby has been fine,just trying different bottle teats as the simple pur ones she collapses.Gone to avent again but she takes forever to feed.From her last feed at 2am all she did was fart,grunt and wriggle.I swear i would turf her out into her own room but then shed wake millana and she has been sleeping through.
    And she was awake yesterday arvo from 230pm to 7pm.Just about did my head in but maybe she is learning nite from day.
    Hi magic! course you can join us!
    Any 14D girls want a maternity bra,hardly worn,free!

Message from Alexander to Aunty Bel.... "Thank you very much for my new outfit. It finally fits me! Mummy posted a piccy on her homepage so you can see how cute I look"

Hi Girls!

Welcome Rach and Magic!

Merrie - Harriet is gorgeous... what an amazing head of hair she has. Xander is still nearly bald, what hair is has is very fine and blonde. Don't stress about the BF'ing thing... hopefully all will turn out ok, but no point beating yourself up if it doesn't work out - you'll still be a great mum.

ShellBell - We have the opposite around here.. when DH is home, Xander is less settled - he loves screaming for his daddy.

Caddie - How is little Ruby today? Hope she slept a bit for you last night. ETA: I've found the Pigeon teats to be really good, they don't collapse.

Maz - Vy is just so scrummy. Could gobble her up. Makes me want to have a little girl ... but I aint going down the whole ttc/pg/labour path again! LOL.

Jodi_lee - Bugger about getting period again. Whilst most women are lucky enough to not get a period whilst BF'ing, some do! I'm almost positive I had one already, it just sorta added on the the post partum bleeding (I guess I'll know in a few weeks if it happens again). My mum got her period back almost straight away after having both my sister and myself despite exclusively BF'ing.

ooo.. Bathurst is back on, gotta fly!
    Last edited by Anna**; October 8th, 2006 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Posted same time as Caddie!

hey girls,

im finally back to normal. well as normal as you can be with a new baby. my leg is alot better now and i can walk around with no pain yay.

riley has been waking up every 2 - 3 hrs for a feed everynight. but he settles straight away after his feeds so im happy about that.

belle - sounds like you enjoyed your time out by yourself. wish i could do that simon just cant cope with akira at the moment. and i know how he feels she has been so naughty the last few days.

Welcome rach wow thats is alot you had to deal with hope all is going well now.

Anna - i like alexanders glasses. he looks so cute in then.

hello to everyone else i have missed.

bbl

Adele

Hi ladies I hope you are all enjoying your weekend with your partners home and those whose partners are at work(I'm with you) I hope that the day is passsing quickly.

Welcome Rach and Magic.

Conffesion time:The last few days I have been holding Eithan for his arvo sleep. Ooooppps probably creating a bad habit but I just love to hold him sometimes, when there's no crying or spewing.

Sorry no personals. BBL for more.

Love

Helenp thats lovely that you and eithan have that special time together! Dont feel guilty about it.They are only little once.
    Not too bad a night and day for me,except that she has wind!
    She is crying now so hubby has gone to get her! I think this arvo will most likely be her witching hour as the next door little girls come over and created havoc and mayhem here not so long ago.
    Confession: My little one likes to sleep in a swing! So i most likely will have troubles later on in the day with bed time!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast