Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #5

Okay. For those who need a bit of a smile (hope your internet's fast enough) and didn't watch Thank God You're Here the other night, you can google 'tgyh' or that's the website address too with the dot com dot au on the end...

It has one of the skits on it, with a guy called Josh Lawson...he has got to be one of the funniest people I've ever seen

Hope all your babies are settled and behave for you tonight! Hope mine does... I am a bit worried about River overheating in this weather...he's wrapped in a muslin wrap with a fan in his room...but I suppose, you know...babies sleep in Darwin and Broome and stuff and it's hot there, so hopefully he's okay...

Nite girls (ohhh I so am hoping for a good night )

Default Bits n Bobs

HI September Ladies

Hope you and your bubs are all doing well and not too many tears....

I did try the dummy with Rylee yesterday but she wouldn't' have a bar of it....sooooo...will keep trying, though she wasn't too bad last night.

Do you do any developmental things for your babies yet apart from tummy time??? I have only really just haphazardly started the tummy time thing yet, some days more than others...but just curious to see if I should be doing something else?

Also, just wanted to say how nice it is to have you girls to talk to, I am in Namibia for the year (with DH) but don't know anyone else with kids here so just bumbling along with it all (Rylee is first my first bub) and some days I wonder if I am doing anything right with Rylee and then I get onto Belly Belly and see that maybe Rylee is just being a normal bub after all.

Cheers
    Laurin
    xx

Shell - I want to give you big hugs, I am going through the same thing. I cant PM you but want to say if you need someone to talk to I can offer the advice I got from my lactation consultant and Trescillian. If you email me I will email you my numbers. ([email protected])

Girls, Julia did not put on any weight at her appointment on Wed and I am so upset and not doing well at all, was in tears all yesterday my milk didnt come much she didnt sleep all day except for about 1 hour, My boobs are now so sore from feeding every 3 hours and now all swollen so have been asked to express every feed instead and need min 90mls to feed her, sometimes I only get 60 mls so I have to go and buy some formula, they recommended I buy one that doesnt have dairy in it due to all my allergies, so off to buy one this morning for topuups. I am so upset right now I though everything was fine.

Anna & Adele - thanks to you both for listening to me yesterday as I was a bubbling mess, I really appreciate your support.

Hello to everyone Im sorry for no more personals I am too tired right now. Hello to the new girls too welcome girls.

Bel
    xxx

we are so disappointed Jase's paternal grandma the one Iwas looking forward toseeing is sick and her dr said dont take the Jack near her we wont be able to get back down her way till at least the end of Nov

so now we are going to Agnes waters (we own some land there) Friday night, ducking down to Bundaberg to see other great grandparents and then back to Agnes, unless I can convince Jase to duck up to Rockhampton for the night to see my mum seeing as we are spending 5 days with his parents next weekend

anyway Jack is making noises time for morning feed

catch ya all later

Belle - try not to be too hard on yourself.
    If you get too upset, it will affect your milk supply. I'm sure your supply will boost up again, especially with Julia feeding every 3 hours. Just remember that you aren't a failure for supplimenting with formula ... I do it occassionally. At first I felt awful about giving her the formula, but now it gives me a break and she doesn't seem concerned at all!

rach - I love Agnes Waters! We used to go camping there all the time when I was growing up. My family are from Bundaberg.

All good here, Nina slept through last night, which I'm extremely thankful for as I've got the flu pretty bad and I'm getting asthma as well. I've managed to get her back to sleep as i wasn't ready for her to wake up yet

Crap night for me.Ruby woke at 11pm had a feed then wouldnt go back to sleep till 12pm.Was up at 2am for a feed and then went back to sleep at 3am.She then woke at 545 for more feed,each time she drank about 125mls and at 2am 160mls! Plus she pooped heaps to make up for not crapping properly the other day.
    I envy you mummies that get long sleep stretches at night,i was so tired i get nodding off with her in my arms.Im going to put a foot stool in there tonight so at least i can stretch out!

Belle! i agree with the girls,you are a fantastic mother,hopefully soon we can look back and reflect what a nightmare the firtst few months were and laugh about it. Im sure some of you will even contemplate having more straightaway.But not for me! 2 is enough.

HI ladies!

just a quick hello!

Savanna has not been sleeping well last couple nights
    she has been up from idnight onwards and wont settle down the whole night!
    so stressful!!

last night after her midnight feed i gave her a bath with the johnstons baby bath lavender and then rubbed her down with the lavender and camomile lotion and she slept from 3 am till 8 am!! yeehaaaaa!!!!

better go she is screaming at me now!

hehe

take care lots of love

ambz
    xoxox

Hi all

So hot in Sydney today.. Hope all are well and coping in the heat.. Gotta love the A/C!

Belle - thining of you, hope all settles for you soon.. Its ok to give formula for a topup.. dont be too hard on your self..
    Amber - Love Savanna's new pictures! Her shoes are to die for!

Everyone else Hi ! i am so slack at the moment !

to you belle, it seems like we both had a horrible day yesterday, i spend all afternoon in tears, as caitlyn has bad colic and wont settle, she has been like it for days, and its so hard to see her in so much pain, so we both decided to try her on formula, and see how she would respond, well she loves it and there is none of that agony type of cry anymore, it upset me so much to give up the boob, after only 3 weeks, but i have to do what is best for her, so i had a teary night, and now my boobs are so full, i think im growing boulders on my chest, craig thinks there GREAT :eek: but im in so much pain at the moment with them, just had to drive into the shops to stock up on formula, teats, bottles, an expense i was not expecting yet but at least i have a happy baby now, i really hope julia likes her bottles as much as caityn took to them.

any ideas girls on how to stop my bobbies hurting so much, i know i can go to the doctors to get tablets to dry me up, but any of you girls got any other ideas?

hope you all have a great day

yes we love Agnes too

Charli, we only bought our block at xmas last year, but we were looking at the same $$ wise to buy at Turkey which has nothing so I am glad we bought at Agnes

we paid $170000 for the block which is 4 acres, had been fully cleared still big trees but all the scrub was gone, it has a shed on it, with kitchen bath and bedroom, the only down side is we have a pit toilet *ewww* hopefully once we get our reno's finshed here at home we can start looking at maybe a removal house for down there

anyway should eb trying to get every thing done *sigh* I am so disorganised LOL

and we wont be going to rocky now, just found out mum has a couple of kids coming into care this weekend (she's a foster carer) and well I dont want Jack at just under 3 weeks around starnge people to much

so have promised her I will make a day trip to Rcoky in the next few weeks, I have to go up for a smear test in Niv so will spend the night then

well better stop procrastinating and get some stuff done

got do some ironing, fold some clothes, make our bed , tidy our room, and hang out small load of Jacks stuff, vac/wash floors, put good clothes in car, and do bottles also got 5 more annoucements to make *yawn*

wow we all posted at the same time LOL

Chrissy I know what you mean, I gave up after 4 days, and to be honest I love bottle feeding Jack is so content and happy

was wondering about drying uop milk too, I mean I had nothing till day 8 and they are still leaking big time *sigh* but I suppose at least they aren't hard hard, I feel for you there, but every now and then I get sharp stabbing pain I dont want to tak eanything Iam enough tablets as it is

Also expressing just to relieve the pressure also helps dry up.I basically didnt need tablets and would just express enough so it wouldnt hurt and i eventually stopped making milk! I just had to wear breast pads for a week for small leaks and for that week i still had a let down feeling when i would feed ruby with a bottle.

Morning!! (just, I'd better hurry and finish this before it's arvo)

Well, I tried my expresser last night, expressed about 25ml from each boob before I got bored...
    Hey, here's my quandry: I want to express from my always full right boob for comfort...but if I keep expressing from it, won't it keep making more milk than I need and therefore I'll always have that problem and then keep needing to express? Do you know what I mean?

Belle, unless you are deliberately making things difficult, or sticking pins into Julia, or trying to sell her on ebay (I fantasised about putting Riv in the rubbish bin earlier - only for a split second though); then you are not a bad mum!
    I fret about these sort of things too, what if he's not getting enough, what if a dummy wrecks his teeth, what if...and Rans says 'how many kids die from having to drink formula or have braces'? Just look at it in perspective honey, is she alive and mostly (or occasionally will do) content? Will she even remember anything about this? Of course you do the best you can for her, and what more could anyone expect? Hugs mate, I bet you do a great job, and really what does a baby care about b/feeding vs formula as long as they get fed and snuggled

Hope your boobs settle Chrissy!

Oh Ambz, yay for a settled baby, Rans gave Riv his first massage last night, so cute...made for a peaceful baby for awhile

Mum ended up buying the rocker, so Riv's in it at the moment and...silence! (There was sqwaking at first and I thought OH NO it's not going to work, but then I popped the dummy in too and...ta daaa!)
    Actually, better go have a shower before he unsettles himself...and some more food, man I can't believe how hungry I get!

Take care girls xo

ETA: So Caddie, you reckon that for my right boob I should just express til it doesn't feel like it'll pop and then stop, and that should decrease my supply?

Nelle,that is what my health nurse told me to do when i had millana and its worked both times?

Hi girls... sorry I've been such a super slacker with posts lately. Just been so tired.. and busy! Alexander had his 2 month jabs today, I cannot believe how fast the time is flying. He got a bit upset when they jabbed him, but he soothed easily, had a little nap then a huge feed and now is sitting in his bouncer smiling at me (so I think I've been forgiven!)

Bel - Hope you're feeling a bit better about things today, you are doing a great job with Julia hon... try not to worry.

Jodi_Lee - Hope you get better soon! Nina seems to be sleeping so well for you (lucky duck!)

Caddie - Wow.. sounds like little Ruby has ambition to be a much bigger baby with all that feeding! Maybe she will sleep through for you tonight.

Nelle - It's a bit tricky to learn, but if you try to express from one boob whilst feeding Riv on the other, you'll probably get heaps more out. My right boob always has more milk in it than the left (I've been told this is normal) - it's only settled down and stopped getting engorged in the last couple of weeks... apparently it takes about 6 weeks for your body to learn how much milk it needs to make.

Chrissy - Sending you (cos it sounds like you need them)

Well, I'm off to the post office whilst the little man is still happy. I bought some infant panadol just in case, but it doesn't look like we're gonna need it.
    Last edited by Anna**; October 13th, 2006 at 12:11 PM.

Anna** - that's great that Xander isn't affected too much from the needles. Nina is going next Tuesday :eek: and I'm going to make sure Heath is with me for that one!

ambz - every night we give Nina a bath in that lavendar stuff followed by a massage with baby oil. It's her night time routine, same time every night, and Heath does it every time. She now knows that when the water is turned on what that means and she just lays there smiling and waiting. She's always content after her bath.

rach - $170k for 4 acres, you lucky duck. I'd love that!!

Chrissy - I wet flannels (face washers) and froze them (sound weird I know) then put them on my bb's to relieve the pressure. The mid wives at the hospital told me to do this and it really did help. I got fluid tablets from the doctor this time though and they didn't do half the job the flannels did. Good luck mate and I hope your 'girls' dont hurt for too long.
    Nelle - Im PMSL at you. I didn't even think of ebay (lol).
    Belle - honey, breath in breath out. I know were your coming from with the whole guilt boobie / formula thing. But look at Caddie, Chrissy, Nat, Rikki and me. We all tried and fell on our bums honey. We're all got other kids bar Rikki and our miracles are striving. Remember some one wise once told me (last month) happy mummy, happy baby and its true. Babies love affection more than anything and I'll be she'll do a turn around real soon.
    Jodi -Anna - we've got needles in 2 weeks and im making Jed come with me cause we have to get Wilhelm to get his 4 yo ones aswell. I'll be needing a vallium that day.
    My computer has decided to be a s$hit so I had a heap of personals typed up and I lost them before I could copy them.
    I love you all and have a fab day
    xxmaz
    Last edited by maz; October 13th, 2006 at 12:47 PM. Reason: because im brain dead!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast