Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #6

$hit Jodi - I just went and bought some but its lovely that your offering them.

I have to confess aswell - I feed Vy some pumpkin last night in hopes that it will help her poo and it worked. I only feed her a tablespoon worth. To scared to try anymore yet:eek:

riley only sleeps 10 min in the day about 3 times through out. he doesnt liked to be wrapped up i tried last night and he got cramp the poor thing. and i bath him at the same time everynight and simon feeds him at 8 and puts him in his cot. so i dont know what im doing wrong. im starting to think that i have another akira on my hands with a problem with the sleepying thing people do lol.

my midwife told me to put some baby rice cereal in his bottle to make it thicker for him at night. Im still up in the air on that idea. what do you think.

wow maz and jodi on giving them food already.

thanks for the ideas.

seeya all

adele

maz - that's great that you can get a night's sleep. That's what partners are for, anyway. Did she like the pumpkin?

Quote Originally Posted by aboll View Post
    my midwife told me to put some baby rice cereal in his bottle to make it thicker for him at night. Im still up in the air on that idea. what do you think.
    What was the reason for that, to help settle him at night? I personally can't see it being a problem.

JOdi - She loved it mate. Ive gone and bought some farax this morning. I feed Nikoalus at 4 weeks on doctors orders cause of his reflux and Wilhem didn't want anything else bar his bottle until he was 14 months ( i know why now)
    Adele - you do what you think is best mate. As ive said before, your the mummy and only you know your baby so go with your gut. How much farax did your MCHN tell you to put in the bottle?
    I love a babies face when they try something new 'food' for the first time.

happy birthday charli!!
    shellbell, i am happy to post you the teats... just let me know where to send them. i'll send you some 1's and 2's.
    we had a bad night last night, pay back for all the good nights i guess. maybe ainsleigh was unsettled due to her Daddy going back to the mine. I am also trying to get her to put herself to sleep... very challenging!

I've got a heap of unused size 1 Avent teats as well as some Avent dummies if anyone wants them?

Rikki- Do you have an e-mail addy I can e-mail you my address.

Adele- Could you go to a sleep clinic or something like that? You could try renting one of those hammocks to see if that'll work.

Hi all

Alexander is great sleeping 5-6 hours of a night.. However my BB are killing me.. I think i have thrushh.. I am getting shooting sharp pains during the feed.. I am attaching the same as always and the nipple looks good when he comes of.. no whiteness in his mouth though will go to my GP this arvo and get things checked out.. They are throbbing now and i am not even feeding him!

xoxo Anna

Anna** - your Avent dummies, are they the cherry teat ones or the other ones? I need some more dummies, but Nina only likes the cherry teat

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLI!!! have a great day

Happy Birthday Charli! 25 you old lady you

LOL, I know what you mean Rikki, I should have known that a 3week old sleeping 2 stretches of 4-5hrs a night was too good to be true...not sure if Riv's going through a growth spurt, or if he has thrush and that's annoying him...(still can't see any spots, but my nipples itched and now they hurt and I can't think what else could be hurting them, his attachment is fine)
    But he has finally settled himself (so it seems) so we'll see if he goes more than 2 hrs between feeds...I'll find out in half an hour or so...might have a catnap til then.
    Hmm..wonder if it's his blocked nose that's causing trouble...we both have a cold, though I cleaned his out and put some saline drops in (and all over his face, but his silly fault for not keeping still!)
    Sure hope my nips get better soon though..

Oh and Charli, I'm in (I think) for the kk/msn party. I'll let you know if that changes. I know we have a while to go til Christmas...perhaps give us a deadline to get back to you by?

Wow on the food girls! Glad it helped with the poo Maz.

Hope Riley gets his circadian stuff together soon Adele, you must be so tired! Is there someone who can have a 'day out' with Akira to give you a chance to sleep when Riley sleeps? Anyone she'd like to go on an outing with?

Man, I can hardly keep my eyes open..have a great day girls! xo

added my email to my public profile under msn for you shell. i'm in with the kk christmas gifts. better go got a squirming screaming worm on my lap who wants her bottle!

Hi ladies. I have just had the worst night. Well Eithan was good it was the wind that kept me up.

We have a 5x11m covered patio area attatched to the back of the house. Well the wind got so strong it ripped the roofing off. It is now just hanging there in bits and pieces with some rope to hold most of it down to stop it blowing away.
    We woke at 1am(well not really couldnt sleep) and noticed that the roof was coming off. I tried to ring the SES but got no answers on the no.s or any answering machine. Rang the police as was not sure what to do as it was getting dangerous. They adv to ring my insurance company and that they would sort out someone coming out. So rang them in tears and shaking as I was petrified of the thing coming off and going through someones window or ours. They took the claim and then told me they would get 1 of their companies to call us within 1/2 hr to let us know when someone would be there. 1:45am we got the call that someone would be there in 1 to 2hrs but we would get a call before they arrived. I then did some nervous tidiying. Went to bed about 2am and they got there at 4am secured it and were gone by 4:45am. Then Eithan woke for a feed at 5:30. So I am pretty tired. Also damaged was our spa cover it ripped the clip to keep it down off. All of our heavy wooden chairs were pushed up against the steps to our house. The chairs landed on some kitchen cupboard doors we were painting and smashed one of them. Also we have an outdoor fridge for parties and bbqs etc. Both the fridge and freezer door were ripped off. This morning when DH went outside 5 mtr lengths of wood from the patio had flown over our roof into the front yard and had split into 2 and were sticking like javelins in the front lawn. He found a sheet of laserlite and some more wood in a yard a couple of houses away. Also we have some smashed roof tiles. So all in all not good. But at least it was night time and noone was about to get hurt. Even though it wouldnt have been our fault I dont know how I would cope knowing our roof had hurt or killed someone. Oh and the bug sapper and wind chime were smashed.

Thanks for the vent guys, insurance guy coming in 40min so better go.

Love

:0 omg Helen. I got goose bumps reading that. I would have been $hitting myself too. Thank god your insured and that your all alright

Little P - owie on the bb front. Id offer you a big hug but it would probably hurt like mad

Nelle - hope your in bed sleeping

Rikki - Is a little girl missing her daddy already. I hope last night was a one off for you.

Anna - were have you been hiding chicken? Hope that gorgeous little man is being good for mummy.

I cant get over how mad its gotten in here now. There ar ejust so many off us its getting harder to keep up and take in everything.
    Off to make pumpkin soup and cook up some snitzel for tea. trying to get organised early these days but it never works.
    xxmaz

Charli hope you have a good day, thanks for all your kind words lets catchup on msn soon hey mate. Count me in for the KK present!!

MAZ - definately in the MSN thing, will be excellent good to catchup with everyone like before it has heaps of fun, could stop laughing! Im telling you whip out the HPT... I want to know the results.

LittleP - I have the same thobbing issue and my lacation consultant looked at my nipple after my feed, my whole nipple went white, lost all the blood flow did yours do that? the throbbing is usually when the blood comes back to the nipple. This can happen.

Jodi - Im feeling a little better today thanks am still really tired and have been giving Julia some more top ups with the bottle which makes her happier. Hows Nina?

Nelle - your expressing amount is amazing Im lucky in the arvo to get 60mls. Hows River today?

HelenP - ETA OMG helen Just read you post, man that sounds very scarey, so glad you are allright and thanks for the insurance company. Let us know what happens. Sorry I have been slack and not called you promise I will this weekend to see how you are doing. Ive been through rough time this week. So happy you like the photos. How is Eithan? is everything going ok?

Chrissy - havent seen you around much lately I hope you are ok? How is Caitlyn? is it really hot where you are? its a stinker here today in Syd so humid.

Anna** - how you doing? love your pics of Xander in the bubbles! so cute !!! Will call you today after Trescillian comes to weigh Julia.

Rikki - hugs to you too, how'd you go last night with the witching hour with Ainsleigh? Julia was suprisingly happy with the extra top up of formula yesterday Phew.

AMBZ - havent seen you for ages, good to see you, I hope you got some sleep last night and Savanah is ok. Julia hates being wrapped during the day so I put her in her all in one suits... she likes that much better.

Shell - Im going through the exact same path as you at the moment re breastfeeding except DH wants me to continue to BF - so much pressure out there from midwifes too dont you think? So for the moment I am doing both BF and Formula, at 6 weeks I will rethink everything and if Julia still isnt gaining enough weight it will be solely formula for us. Did you see on Sunrise this morning they talked about the topic of BF versus bottle. Some midwife referred to bottle as maccas for the baby versus BF as organic food. How rude is that and how guilty does that make everyone feel, shocking hey.

Caddie - great to chat with you too Hows Ruby today? It was relief to find out im not alone in my feelings thank you.

Nat - sorry missed your on MSN later last night, Julia needed feeds close together was running around like a mad chook.

Well my boobs seem a bit better now and I can actually feed without having blood. Oh better go see why shes crying back later.

Bel
    xxx
    Last edited by *Belle*; October 19th, 2006 at 12:37 PM.

Belle- I did watch that on sunrise. Couldn't believe that macca's comment, no wonder so many woman feel guilty. At least my MCHN told me to do whatever made me happy and said I should be pleased that I have been doing it etc but if I'm not enjoying it than bubs may sense that. My partner is the same he doesn't want me to stop, he's the only one that has made me feel guilty by making some comment that implied I'm not looking out for Ashleigh's best interests. He had me in tears! I told him it was up to me and I've already made my decision and how would he like a baby sucking on his nipples every few hours. At least my mum and sister are supportive. I'm just not enjoying the whole experience and now shes getting more alert its so much harder to keep her attention so she is on and off all the time and i end up feeling sore cause it takes so much longer to feed!

Rikki- I will e-mail you this arvo, thanks for that.

OMG Shell, we are so the same DH had me in tears implying the same thing. He also told me that I was feeding her not enough (eg 4 hourly instead of 3 and I picked this up from a book) im like noo this is what the midwifes recommended, however, now of course she isnt gaining weight some im feeding her 3 hourly and sometimes 2 hourly now. I asked DH for support not arguing every night cause its not good. He is fine me topping her up with formula and now understands if my excema gets worse I may not be able to BF at all but wants me to keep going as long as I can, Im like its me doing all this not you. I know what you mean by on and off all the time. Im trying to keep it going but I totally support you and your decision as I know exactly the emotions you are going through Shell. Big hugs and you have made the right decision for you.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast