Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #7

Hi charli,i sent those bottles to you yesterday.

oops on the ticker... fixed it now serves me right for trying to change it when ainsleigh was distracting me.

i know what you mean about waking early and not being able to go back to sleep jodi. ainsleigh will wake up at about 3am and settle herself... but I am awake till she gets up at 6am for her feed. oh well, just put her back to bed and i am heading back myself.

have a good day everyone

rikki, Nina is sound asleep now and I'm wide awake!! I tried going back to bed but couldn't sleep. Maybe later today if she decideds to have another nap

Ashleigh was up a few times last night, i think cause it was warm day here yest and the house heated up a bit. She was just having 10 min feeds and refusing anymore no matter how hard I tried. Much cooler today so I hope she behaves herself. Had to end up sitting there expressing cause my boobs were just so full, they're used to her having a 25-30 min feeds!

I too have that going back to sleep problem. Its always after the feed she'll have between 2 and 4, any other feed no probs sleeping. Plus Df snores when he lies on his back so I spend alot time knocking him and when I get really cranky I swear at him to lie on his ****in side!

We are off to MCHN tomor to get our weigh in done and her 4 week check (although she's 5 and half weeks) Have to remember to make appt for her 6 week check with GP.

Girls,

I said I would be around but have been in a bad space at the moment and seeing a counsellor..so I just wanted to say hello to everyone and I will try and come on when I can. Thinking of you all.

Charli count me in on the KK please.

Anna** thanks for the chat the other day

Julia is so unsettled today and yesterday so im knackered. Back later when I feel a bit better.

Bel
    xxx

Caddie that's awful about your friends, hope they manage to sort things out.

Belle, do you lurk? If so, hey there! Hope you're having a wonderful day ETA: OH Belle! HI!! (Hope Julia settles for you)

Does anyone own a Booby Bib? I'm thinking about getting one, I don't really like wearing a bra to bed...I saw it on a New Inventors repeat and googled it, and I think the inventors live in the next suburb! Craaazy. So I'm going to a local market stall on Thurs who might have it.

OH! Didn't realise the time, we've got a MCHN appt at 12! Yikers...I'd better hop in the shower Hope everyone has a brilliant day! xo
    Last edited by Nelle; October 25th, 2006 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Belle!

hope all is ok with you belle
    talk to you soon

Count me in for the KK too Charli?

Sooooo in typical military fashion, after we rearranged the moving plans so I could wait out the 4 weeks with my family and friends, a house became available last night and we (hopefully) baggsed it! Its ideally located on the base hubby will be working on, has a huge backyard and is pretty nice inside. Taken a load off my shoulders to know there is a house and we can move in when the furniture arrives!

*Belle*- I hope things start looking up for you. I'm glad your to hear your trying to get on top of it by seeing a counsellor.

Belle hope you are feeling ok today, i will come down to sydney for a chat and coffee if you like

just got back from shopping, i bit the bullet and got caitlyn a dummy, im sick of her screaming as soon as i go any where, so it seems to be working so far
    Last edited by Cougar; October 25th, 2006 at 02:01 PM.

hey girls,

im so knacked from today all i want to do is sleep but i have a house to clean thanks to akira pulling out all her toys. I could have murdered her as i cleaned and sorted all her toys yesterday.

had fun at playgroup it was nice to talk to people. one of the ladies there looked after riley while i played with astrolady little boy who is two lol. He was being big bird today by eating bird seed lol.

riley is asleep at the moment finally he has been awake from 6am till 3pm ahhhh he just didnt want to sleep he was happy playing.

well im going to lay down till i have to go and pick simon up from the train station.

later girls

take care

Adele

wow, it has been very quiet in here overnight, does that mean we have lots of babys behaving themselves??

with the kk pressie thing, are we buying for mums or bubs??

charli i emailed you my address.

belle, nice chatting to you yesterday, cant wait to come down to meet you and julia.see you in a couple of weeks.

have a great day girls

Ooh yeah Chrissy, this is one handed typing during a feed, been 7 hours since the last!!!
    Wow.
    So glad to be empting my boobs though

Charli, that sounds great! I used to be a size 8-10 on top, I buy 12's now to give my boobs some room, but a 10 would probably fit? My email address is in my profile, so if you email we could sort something out

Wow hpw exciting bout the house AnnaT, hope it all goes smoothly.

A dummy can be sooo good can't it Chrissy.

Well, might pop in later, have big cleaning ambitions for today...after some more sleep of course (and once River finishes his brekky) xo

Morning all. Nina was a good girl last night, went to bed at 7.30, & woke at midnight for a feed. But the strange thing is I think she's having nightmares. Last night she woke up 3 times screaming, but still asleep. You could see that she was scared. This has happened a couple of times, since the needles. Do you think it could be related to the needles? Apart from that she was good. She did wake at 5am again, but Heath woke up and gave her a bottle so I could get some rest. He's only just gone to work.

annat - that's great that you've found a house. One less thing to worry about now.

chrissy - I have found the dummy a life saver at times. Except lately Nina doesn't want the dummy, she's too interested in sucking her fist or her arm. She'll knaw on it all day!

I too have big cleaning ambitions for today, but thinking I might go back to bed if this child lets me!

ETA: I had her weighed yesterday and she's 5.06kg ... that's 360g weight gain since last Friday!!!!! She's catching up to the other porkers on here LOL
    Last edited by Visitor7; October 26th, 2006 at 07:54 AM.

Hi girls,

Thanks for thinking of me, Im just not handling things well at the moment, Julia has been so unsettled for 2 days and had a big blow out with my DH which is making me more stressed and I keep crying all the time. So will be lurking around but if I dont post you understand. I just hope Julia puts on weight this week as she hasnt for 3 weeks now. Mum is coming over today to look after me which is good.

Look forward to meeting you too Chrissy!

Adele & Anna** & Maz and Caddie thanks so much for your messages and being great support to me through this rough time and making me laugh.

Bel
    xxx

look after yourself belle.
    it is quiet in here... maybe like me nothing much to report. ainsleigh and i have a busy day today though, chiro this morning for her then coffee with a friend then off to the hospital to meet ainsleigh's newest friend. my friend had a baby boy yesterday... can't wait to see him!

have a good day girls

Charli mate, I'm cool with whatever, if you want to be paid now or later, I don't mind

Yeah Rikki, I think that there's just nothing much going on! I forgot to say though, that River's put on 440g in 2 weeks so yeah, he's still growing.
    And he almost rolled over the other day, I know that 'almost' sounds like 'the roll that got away' and you are all saying yeah suuure he almost rolled, but I swear, he teetered on his side for a while and it wouldn't have taken much more! And the nurse says he's almost smiling too, which pleased Randall very much.
    Speaking of Riv, he's currently trying to crack it, but I'm not sure why, and I don't think he is either Little grizzler.
    Ahh..I bet the dummy's fallen out...spoiled brat...hang on...yep was the dummy.

Oh, and our date went well yesterday, took our medicare and baby bonus forms to Medicare and went 'help' and a really nice lady helped us with the parts we'd missed.
    We argued in the car the moment we got there, but it was good, both of us feel like we're so busy and wish the other person did just a tiny bit more! So after highly offending each other, we agreed to do at least one job a day each.
    And then we had foccacias and chocolate milkshakes And I only called mum once to check on River. And then Rans looked at video games while I did some grocery shopping
    So girls, I really would recommend getting someone to mind your bubs for a short time while you go and have some quality time with your partner, if you can.
    I've heard it said that one of the most valuable things you can do for your kids is to love your partner, and we were starting to feel a bit disconnected. So yeah...that was my thought for the day.

Oh honestly, River gives real meaning to the term 'spit the dummy'. I'm going to ignore him though, I'm sure he'll settle...? LOL I'm just lazy.

Our best friends are coming over (and bringing tea - hurrah!) tonight, so I'd probably better tidy the house somewhat...and wash some nappies...and have a shower (honestly, can someone please think of a quicker way to keep clean? I just can't be stuffed with showers, but I hate feeling feral.)

Hope everyone's enjoying their day! xo

merrie Guest

Ah

how slack am I.

It sounds like you are all doing great! I am well and so is Harriet and she is putting on plenty of weight and just starting to look at toys and have her first few smiles. She now weighs 3.9 kg and is 51 cm long.

I have had relatives here for the last few weeks which is why I have been absent but will have more time to keep up wiht you all next week when my mum leaves but I will miss her help.

I am still having a few breastfeeding problems but things are getting better. I can't wait till I have time to read all of your posts properly and really find out how you are all doing.

Harriet is the world's most beautiful and funny baby and I am having a great time being a mum.

Love
    Merrie
    Last edited by merrie; October 26th, 2006 at 01:07 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast