Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #83

Yikes! Thanks for telling us Kell, hope they can prevent her from going into labour. They usually give her morphine or something don't they, hope that works!

I can hear River cheering and yelling from his cot...seriously, if we had a spy cam, I reckon we'd catch him pulling a tv out of the wall or something and watching the footy.

Where in Melb are you Belle?

Ahh Maz, headaches are the worst. They stop you from doing pretty much anything well hey, cos you can't clear your mind! Hope it's gone soon.

Nelle.. yep she mensioned theyve given her morphine to try and stop the contractions but yeh was waiting on the other tests regarding her waters.

Maz.. hope your booger nose is clearing up. Its the worst having a cold or flu while pregnant.

Jodi.. nina is soooo cute!

Oh I hope AnnaT's alright, bit of a worry, hope they can hold Ripley's entrance off for a bit longer.

I was gonna ask belle too where in melb you are staying.

Maz- big hugs, I read your preg update, that Dr sounds so incompetent, I think you should file an official complaint. You'd think with your symptoms and history that she would do a bit more checking into everything.

Geewizz hope annat is ok. Thanks for letting us know kell. Hope the stress of BB didnt bring it on.
    Anna a drug for insomnia is called Pretorius SAme. Its a natural herbal remedy for insomnia and depression and lot of my friends who have had pnd and insomnia think its great. Good health shops should have it otherwise i have heard warnbro health shop here has it and i can grab it.

AnnaT-I really hope you are ok matey. Ripley stay in a bit longer, santa will come to you next year!

Anna-I have lots of problems with insomnia. I try to do self-settling/visualisation techniques. I lay down and starting with 1 of my small toes I visualise that a tiny bandage is wrapping itself around bit by bit, toe by toe and as it goes it relaxes my muscles and I am sinking into the bed bit by bit as it wraps around. I move up that leg then move to the other leg and start with the toe and move up. Then I go around my torso, then 1 arm at a time right down to my fingers. Usually by the time I have finished I am so relaxed I feel like I am sunken into the bed and then nod off within minutes. If I visualise the wrapping moving too fast it doesnt work, so I visualise unwwrapping and wrapping again. Might sound really weird but it works and I was told to meditate when I suffered from anxiety and stress, this was the closest I ever got but it really works. Goodluck.

Well We have had Eithan at the dr's twice today and then got sent into the hospital. It turns out he has had a really bad reaction to something, but we have no idea what. He has had hives so bad that they all molded into one another in patches that were almost as big as the palm of your hand. They were white with red hot swollen skin around them. All over his body and face, eyelids etc. But they kept moving etc. The antihystemine didnt work, which is why we got sent into the hospital. We were looked at and given some more antihystemine and some more to take home. He will have to take it for just over a week, but it could take awhile before we see any real change. Plus he is teething and cranky. So oh well.

Hope you are all well.

Love

AnnaT - Hoping Ripley stays put for the min.

Kelly - Enjoy being spoilt by your mum. There is nothing better.

Helen - Oh, I hope he is on the mend soon. How is he coping? Do they itch?

G'night all

I hope everything is ok with Anna. Keep us updated please kel.
    oh, and thanks, I think she cute too!!

helen - how is he now, getting any better? I hope you can work out what the reaction is.

I can't believe it, but Nina is STILL awake!! ggrrrr, and Heath and I are soooo tired, while she's running around the house climbing things.

Will she play in her cot Jodi? We just chuck River in, right on his bedtime, and he jumps around and plays about, and then will fall asleep when he's good and ready.

Your poor sweet boy Helen! Hope that the reaction settles really quickly and that you can figure out what caused it!

Well, I played my computer game for far too long! I may have been sulking because dh wouldn't make me a snack. Half a cantaloupe and a small packet of salt and vinegar chips later, I might be ready to forgive and forget and go to bed...still a bit peckish actually...*off to see what I can rummage up*...

About 10 minutes after I wrote that post, I found her in the corner of the spare room asleep!! She's still asleep now, but I think she's stiring.
    nelle - OMG woman. you were up very late last night.

Jodi- Thats so funny, at least she finally went to sleep! we just chuck Ash in bed and she plays around in there til she falls asleep. I think its all this light cause she doesn't seem to fall asleep til it gets bit dim outside.

Nelle- Naughty naughty staying up so late! You should be getting plenty of sleep.

HelenP- Have you been able to work out what the cause was? Has it settled today?

AnnaT- Hope you're doing alright this morn.

Oh I just noticed your names on your ticker Jodi, they're nice names.

Thanks guys for your thoughts. We have no idea what it is, we have a feeling it might be some sort of weed that he has crawled over. The dr said we may never know what caused it. He isnt any better, poor thing. The antihystemine doesnt really do a lot, the dr said it will take awhile for us to see any real difference. He has to be on it for a week. Yes it is hot and itchy, however he has been so good and is leaving it alone most of the time. He is such a good baby.

Jodi-How cute finding Nina asleep.

Nessa-I hope you get your vvein sorted.

Well I better go, Leith has taken the kids out for 45 mins so I can get some housework done, so I better go and do it.

Love

Did you get the housework done helen? Poor little Eithan, bummer you may never know what caused it.

Thanks shell about the names. Nina had way too much energy last night to want to play in her cot. You should have seen her destroying our house! Crazy child she is.

Oh that sounds terrible helen! Poor thing.Hope he gets better soon. I find it so hard when they are sick sometimes.
    Has anyone heard from annat? Must be serious...

AnnaT said last night they had managed to stop the contractions but were keeping her in overnight so hopefully all is well.

Oh and I got coles baby club to resend out the magazine to my new addy so got to see you Maz in there, great article!

Finally got round to reading my coles baby great article Maz and piccie your all famous now

well I am bored......and tired we went to a tupperware party this morning didn't get home till after 1pm then b/t at 2.40pm *yawn* Jack has had a huge 1/2 hr sleep today but he is happy so all is well

now dont shoot me, but he has been going down real good at night between 9-9.30pm but not waking till 8.45-9.30am he sure knows how to sleep this little man, we had a few upset nights last week, but now all point of 1st molar left bottom side are thru all seems good, same tooth right side is on her way .... he isn't upset during day or drooling or anything but wakes crying at night is fine after a cuddle or being brought in with us thank goodness

well best go start on tea

Helen - Your poor little itchy man!

Rach - on the sleep throughs.

I have put the Christmas tree up in our front lounge where James cannot get it. I can take him into the lounge to look at it though. He had played with a few of the decorations, but they are not ones that will hurt him. Also my mum has bought him one of those bikes with the handle on the back. It is sitting under the tree atm. he keeps going over to it and ringing the bell. i have bought him a helmet to go with it. never too young to teach them about helmets. Working in brain injury, head injuries scare the begeezers out of me!!!

Tim has been outside building a new deck. It will be all done well before Christmas, so weather permitting we will have lunch outside. This year I am going for a seafood lunch. Anyone have any good recipes? My BIL is a seafood wholesaler.
    Oh and I just went through my Christmas list, I actually have 1 more present to buy. Not all finished like I thought

rach - hope Jack continues sleeping so well.

I'll be putting my xmas tree up on 1st Dec, can't wait! It'll really start feeling like xmas then! yipee!!!! I'm like a little kid in a candy store at xmas time, lol!
    Heath and I went and looked at the professional photos we had done last month, and they look soooo good. We've ordered them and they should be ready in about 2 weeks. Very excited, $600 later though

I hope the contractions didn't return for anna and that she is resting at home now.

I bet AnnaT will do exactly what I did when I went into early labour with NIkolaus - go 2 weeks late.
    I hope they gave her those tablets they give people who have heart attacks..they stop labour, well thats what they gave me. I never heard of anyone getting morphine before though...hmmmm hope it doesnt harm Ripley

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast