Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #83

I was given morphine when I went into early labour with Nina at 20 weeks. After drilling the dr's with a million questions, they assured me it was safe!
    yeah he's probably just testing his waters with his mummy, gonna keep her on her toes this one is!

Thank god for that Jodi...I hope she's alright anyway.
    Im having stupid strong Braxton hicks...little bugger is giving me what for tonight. Thats what I get for scrapping for the first time in 6 months (yes you heard right Caddie )
    Helen - how the hell did I miss this...oh poor little honey, give him a big kiss and cuddle for us and i hope that it heals very soon.
    $h!t Anna I forgot to call you!!! [email protected] sorry honey, I bet you are throwing naughty words my way ROFL
    I just cant get over how quickly the days are going atm...is anyone else finding this????
    Nessa - I know exactly what you are saying. wait until yo hav eyour 3rd honey...your heart just gets bigger again
    Last edited by maz; November 27th, 2007 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Nessa's post

Awww Ness, a sentimental pregnant lady thought. That's really nice to read, it is special...sometimes I get out of bed when I can't sleep, just because I want to look at Riv.
    Then of course, he's awake and wants to play when I go in. And has a poo for me!

Haha Maz, I don't think Annat will be impressed if she goes over! Really makes me grateful that I do pregnancy quite well (so far anyway!), if that makes sense - I have friends who are sick the whole 9 months, and that's without complications, early labour and the like really would be a pain.

Um...got up to close the curtains and do some other things and can't remember where I was up to.

need help do any of your girls live near a babies galore store ???

I want a snack trap and to buy online they want to charge $20 delivery I found it at bambino pronto as well but again $10 postage

Rach hun,
    Sorry none near here. I live in a country town, (albiet quite big, and ony 40 mins from the city) so we have NO baby store.

thanks Meg am finding it in more and more places now could only ever find it at babies galore might ring baby store in rocky see if they have or can get

Does anyone know were i can obtain a nice BIG nappy bag now that i need to take heaps of stuff with me for 2?????

There are some awesome really big nappy bags that I saw in Big W. THey are called the "weekender" or something like that. I am thinking of getting one to take to London with us in April.

Oh, and while discussing where to get things from. Has anyone used one of those baby carrier backpack thingo's? if so how did you find it, and where to get it form? Another thing I want for London.

Nessa - What a beautiful ramble!!! I know what you mean tho, I get those feelings and I'm not preggers, so it's not just hormones talking hon.

Rach - ToysR Us sell those snack traps as well, some K-Mart stores sell a generic version.

I've never heard of morphine to delay labour either... I guess it would work as it slows the body down so much. Lets hope she hangs in there!!! Everyone I know who has had their early labour stalled wound up going overdue - one even needed to be induced!

Helen - Poor Eithan! You'll probably never know what caused it, but hopefully it'll never happen again.

Maz - Have the BH settled down now? Ouchie. I'm at work today, but I'll try and call you tomorrow sometime to catch up.

Bel - How are you going hon?

Jodi - I like the names you've picked too! and they'll both go well with Nina.

Sooo excited, I got about 4 hours sleep last night (for the second night in a row), obviously the valerian is helping a bit .... woo hoo!

ETA: Megiemoppet - One of the best baby/toddler carriers on the market is called an "Ergo" carrier, a lot of people rave about them. You can buy them online at a few places, I'm sure there are shops that would stock them too.

is all good found a online place that sells them with decent delivery

Anna we dont have toy-r-us any closer than 7 hrs away

House work always feels never ending!

Anna- yay on getting some sleep, hopefully it'll become more and more as your body starts to relearn how to sleep.

Meg- I only used a carrier when Ash was a newborn but as Anna said those Ergo ones look quite good and sturdy.

Maz- I never bought a proper nappy bag, I just bought a big bag that had pockets and parts and that suited me really well. Maybe e-bay might have some?

Ness- Thats sweet, I have moments like that too, (mainly when she is sleeping or doing something sweet. lol)

Jodi- Its hard to pick photos though isn't it, we did ours when Ash was 3 weeks old and wanted to get many more but they're quite costly. I think our next lot we'll have to wait til we have another.

I might put my tree up this weekend too, be start Dec and Df can help me set it up (and make sure there are no spiders or bugs hiding in it) I'll set up the play pen around it to keep little hands off it!

Belle, if you're around I tried to PM you but it said your box is full so it won't go thru til you delete.

did you wnat me to call Belle for ya SHell??????
    Nessa - god yourve got the life pmsl only joking but what a great idea. Its raining here still WOO HOO!!!!! im gonna get rain in my rain water tank!!!!!
    Im thinking of going the back pack option as a nappy bag. I did it with the boys and it was really good cause I had both arms free...

oh doh! I will delete some now! sorry mate

hello to everyone! BBL for personals just got back from Melb Zoo and am knackered.
    ETA how big do you want the bag honey? and do you want different compartments or just like a laptop bag style I bought one from Toys R US and its big but I dont use it only used twice, can post it to ya

Bel
    xxx
    Last edited by *Belle*; November 28th, 2007 at 01:36 PM.

Quick update - Im home, with instructions to rest. After 2 lots of morphine, a bazillion tablets of Nefidepine and a patch (of some drug thats similar to nefidipene) the contractions havent stopped but Im not dialating (YET - my cervix is low and soft) soooooooo they let me out. Ive had 4 rounds on the ctg machine showing 6-8min apart strong contractions but bubs is doing beautifully so thats a plus. Amniotic fluid test was - but Im wary of it being accurate as Ive started leaking again. Ripley is 3/5 engaged in my pelvis already, little booger didnt get the memo that 2nd etc babies dont have to engage until labour, if at all OB is optimistic we'll make it to 35wks but I am not. We'll see who's right.
    Dh is trying to get the next 2wks off before he's due to go on scheduled holidays because if he doesnt it means I cant rest and then we could end up having bub sooner than we'd like.
    At this stage my OB would be suprised if I go past 37wks, but we're keeping my scheduled induction at 38wks if I make it that far (to put me out of my misery - his words lol). We're aiming to make it to 35wks when we'll stop the meds and let nature take its course (whatever that is). So I have atleast 2 weeks to keep him in there.

That said my contractions are worse this arvo and I still think my waters may have broken even though the test they did Monday said no because Im leaking some more. I'll keep Kell or Shell updated at all times so if I disappear again, one of you will get an sms with info!

Thanks for thinking of me I really appreciate it! Definately not my idea of fun (and poor Jett is not coping very well with all the changes) so no more babies for me as my OB has said it will only be worse and more dangerous each subsequent baby and Im not willing to put our lives at risk.

I hope your all well

AnnaT.. glad Ripley's keeping put for the moment cheaky lil bugger! Take care hun.

Anna**.. Oh good on you hun for your sleep. Lets hope this is just the start and you get better night by night!

No m/s here yet woo. Touch wood i dont get any, didnt with Jesse. Just so tired. Come the afternoon. Plus am sleeping in a room with Jesse whos waking at 5am! Agh! But were off home tomorrow so hopefully can catch up some zz's then. Went and saw Santa today. Jesse wouldnt sit on his lap, surprise surprise, so i had to be in the photo. Was a nice photo though. My sister came over with her kids yesterday and OMG all of Jesse's christmas's came at once!!! You should have seen him! He went running around the house squeeling his head off, he had an absolute ball with them. Sat and had some cake and watched tv with them.. was just part of the big kids group! Was so cute.

Annat, glad to hear things have sort of settled! It's really not long to go, you try and bake that bub for as long as you can mate!

Ahh Rans is home, and I've only been wandering around in a singlet and undies...I look like such a slob - happy homecoming babe! Haha. At least I'm not in bed.

Well at least your confident to do that nelle! I hardly let my hubby see me naked at all!
    Annat, rest up! or try too.Glad to see you back posting and not pushing ripley out! I remember millana was very out of sorts when i had ruby to begin with. Lots of tears and tanty's but they adore each other now! It only took a month for it to settle.
    Kell glad you got no ms yet.
    A friend of mine is having a d&c today. she was on her fourth bub but it passed away.She should have been 10 weeks.It was a much wanted bub too. Feel for her oldest daughter who is 7 as she has 2 brothers and so desperatley wanted a sister.Poor thing.
    Anna thats great you got some sleep.I hope you have more than 4 tonite though! I hate being sleep deprived...
    Rach glad you got a snack trap!
    Hi maz,meg,belle(glad the zoo was fun),ness,rikki,laurin,chrissy and the usual gang!! Wow so many of you are having bubs. I will have to try and not get the baby bug.lol I am on AB's so no hanky panky.Would be hard i think with the coeliacs.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast