Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #83

Yay for new jeans Helen, when this bub is born, I think I might aim for a new pair! Hopefully Shell and I can check out your carrier when you come to Melbourne!

Caddie, what WOULD you have done without coffee?? Glad you got the machine working again. I think I need to get a grinder, I think our dripolater needs really fine coffee.

Aww Maz, glad you got time to reflect today. Hugs sweetie. By the way, did you call your dr yet, or are you just going to wait til Monday? Make sure you call before then if things get worse okay? You didn't look swollen at all when I saw you, but that flashing and itchiness is making me suspicious of PE.

What a stash Meg, way to go! How much did the Swaddlebees work out to be? How much was postage? I haven't got any Swaddlebees yet!
    Oh, and I hear you on the difficult husband, I started a rant too and then realised I came across as a crazy banshee (you didn't, by the way), and now I'm glad I didn't post it because Rans did all the dishes today - FINALLY!!
    Now just to get that jungle out the front managed...I think it used to be a lawn? I didn't push the issue today though, Rans is a real hot bod and today was hot. Next cool day though...

Mum and Dad recently left our place, it's Dad's birthday tomorrow, and after dinner Rans and I gave him a 'The Idea of North' music dvd, they're an awesome acapella group. We wanted him to watch it here, cos I don't think it'd sound as impressive on their little tv, as opposed to our nerdy setup. I'm really stoked - you know how you give someone something and they just totally LOVE it? Feels nice.

Ok guys, probably just being a bit defensive, but I dont just throw money around, just so you know, I was shocked at the price aswell, but it was the best for us and we plan on doing heaps of bushwalking, so we needed it to last. Also it kinda sucks but it was our chrissy present to each other. I just thought I would give you an idea of the top end price but you can get them starting at about $200, or at Kathmandu when they have a sale theirs goes for 50% off at $150, good to keep an eye out for those ones.

Ok rant over.

ETA:Sorry guys it is should be that time of the month and I am over emotional. I read back over and you were all fine, sorry.

Love
    Last edited by **Helen**; December 1st, 2007 at 11:03 PM. Reason: I overeacted

PMSL Helen, that's cool honey. Trust me, I'm seriously in the running for the world's most irrational lady at the moment, so I get it. I don't think you throw money around, it's very expensive for a carrier, but I believe you when you say it's a good one, and we prioritise what's important to us! (like, I erm...am still in pocket money defecit from spending $302 on Tupperware...it's a lifetime investment though right? Right?)

I just had a banana sandwich. I thought I smelled vegemite and wanted that, but when I got to the kitchen I felt like Nutella, but couldn't find it and Rans confessed to finishing it off with a spoon...and I didn't feel like Vegemite anymore! So I had banana, and a glass of milk. Might head to bed actually.

Hi Helen,
    I am not sure if you read my post, but what store did you buy the carrier from? I will probably end up getting quite a good one too, as we will be needing to use it full one for 5 weeks, so we will need one that works well!!!

Ok my MCN queens.. im going to go part time cloth with the new bubs, maybe Jesse too if it works well, like just when we're home and during the day etc. A couple of mums in my mum's group swear by Bumgenius. Being theyre also one size fits all i thought theyd be great as i could swap between Jesse and the new baby with no worries. Just wondering if any of you have the Bumgenius and what you think of them? And also wanted to ask, whats the go with boosters? Like i know you need to put one in to soke up but is one more obsorbant than another and better, and do i need to get more or will what comes with them be enough? Im such a MCN virgin its not funny. Also if you know where the best place to get MCN would be? Ive seen once site in Aus that sells them 6 for $158.. also been looking at the USA sites as theyve all got sales on atm to make way for the version 3. I was thinking of getting 6 now and then maybe another 6 later when the version 3 is released.

Thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much in advance

Best ask Maz and Nelle, they are better than me as I am still a virgin too :P I think AnnaT uses Bumgenius. I haven't tried them.

I really love my Greenkids nappies. They are a OSFA pocket nappy. They are my fave. Def look them up. Just google Greenkids.

Haha yay Kell! Yeah, BumG's were some of the first nappies we used on Riv, and they're great. We still use those same nappies on him, the fit's pretty versatile!
    Boosters, there's a few different materials you can get them from, they're all absorbent, but kind of different properties. I'll hold back from rambling here, cos seriously, there is a LOT to learn, Modern Cloth nappies are a very steep learning curve! Check out here.
    I *think* that might answer most of your questions? Oh, I'll answer about boosters there hey. It's my thread of shame, where I answer questions there so I don't subject people to my ramblings. Others are supposed to post there too, but it's just me so far, and I look like a crazy lady...it's really embarrassing, but I remember how confused I was when I started!

We wagged church this morning, but did a bible study instead while eating choc chips straight from a packet. Seriously, why can't churches have couches? And air conditioning? Haha. I might get back to wrapping Christmas presents soon!

helloooooooooooooo ladies!!!!

a big congratulations to the newly pregnant mummies!!! wow theres so many of us now!!!

hoping everyone is well.
    im at work right now... soooo boringgggggg.... hopefully finish early today.
    damn braxton hicks seem to be coming too frequently and getting more painful! i have forgotten what the pattern was like with Savanna. last night they just wouldnt stop and i actually have to breath through them
    arghhhh oh baby you stay right where you are! heheh

is everyone ready for christmas??? its so close!!!!

i dont know what else to say right now im that damn bored that my mind is blank
    hehe

have a lovely day ladies

love ambz

xoxoxox

haivng a BLAH weekend......
    thanks for all yoru hugs about my brother. He died in a motorbike accident 4 years ago and we still find it hard to come to turns with. 6 months after it, Jed rode of his bike and I knew it at the time. I rang him cause something was 'screaming' in my head....he felt his mobile vibrate but didnt pull over to answer it, if he had of, he wouldnt have had the accident. Lucky Jed wasnt badly hurt but it was the day that we both decided that we wanted more children...so in a way it was a good thing. \
    I remember going to 'see' my brother the christmas I fell with Vy. It was 1 1/2 years after he died and it was the first time I actually cried hard about him being gone...to many things left unsaid and things that should have been fixed...its about the only time I wish I could have changed things but hey..life goes on and I have to remember the good in him. Just hard this time of year.
    Nelle - tried to get into my doc's but he was booked out until tuesday so will wait until tomorrow and no, things havent changed but I have been taking it easy. I cant see my ankles today...so ive got cankles..hahhaha
    Kell - hon Anna** uses bummgenius and swears by them. Ive got 2 here (I have to put new elastic in them still) dont go to silly buying up all of one nappy. You might find you dont like them and have a stash of nappies that are usless to you. Ive sold of a few that i though were great but ended up not working for us (peapods). There is a secondhand nappy site were yo can see heaps of different nappies on and get a feel for what people turn over in their stashes. Its VERY addictive...bl00dy Nelle has got me addicted to prefolds!!!!
    Shell - did you ever get those cupbaord doors on your linen cupboard?????
    im pi$$ed at myself. I accidently cleared all the pics of my camera, including the one's that Jed took when Bell and Julia were here!!! NOT HAPPY!!!!
    BBL kids are being b'iastards

I love the bumGenius Kell, esp because theyre one size fits all. I have Peapods too but I dont like them as much.

Aww bummer Maz. I know at least Belle has some photos, she showed Shell and I on Friday, so there is still some proof you and Belle were in the same place at the same time!
    Oh...River's hitting the glass cabinet with his wooden hammer. So I'm typing inbetween saying 'no' and 'gentle' a lot. Ohh what a good boy, I said 'gentle' and he kissed the hammer. OW then hit my feet. Ah well.

Great to hear from you Ambz!

Oh good, Rans has taken Riv for a walk to the bathroom to wash that vegemite beard off! Then we're going to mum and dad's for dinner. Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday night! (ooer, doesn't sound like River wanted to lose that vegemite beard!)

Hi girls

We arrived safely back in Sydney this arvo thank god! after a hell night in wagga wagga at a swear a really really bad if not almost 70's motel ick. we had a ****roach in our room EEK... I thew up I was so upset about this and so tired from everything.

Shell & Nelle - it was so great to meet you! you guys were so nice! and love Ash and Riv too! Riv makes me so clucky to have a boy Nelle! and I love how much Ash talks its so cute Shell! Your right I was sick as a dog and went straight to bed when I got home and slept all arvo. only got up at 6pm to have some roast potatoes that all I could keep down.

I have to go back to the doc tomorrow im still really sick with this flu/cold and also have to have all the pregnancy blood tests tomorrow, im really worried, my mum who got sick when I did she went to the hospital last night at Port Stephens and they said that she is really bad and has first stage of pnemonia, thank god she saw them and is now on stronger antibiotics. Im so scared for her right now

Maz - honey thinking of you around this difficult sad time honey, I know it takes a lot out of you and its hard that hes not here and you think about him and all the things that would have /could have been said but hon you cant beat yourself up about it, I go through this too with the things I wish I could have said to my dad too. He would want you to be happy honey...

Hello to everyone, I will come back tomorrow after I do all the chores and go to the dr to say hello and try to attempt personals, im so tired right now after 6 1/2 hour drive today...

Bel
    xxx
    Last edited by *Belle*; December 2nd, 2007 at 08:02 PM.

Hi all,
    James and I had a nice day. James went "swimming" in a little creek in a small town called Blackwood. It was really nice.
    I have now put him to bed, but I can hear him in his room "singing".

Maz - As I have recently said to a friend who lost her brother some time ago. THe pain never goes away, and you take your time to reflect on how you are feeling, and the good times that you had together. Motorbikes really worry me, as I have said before, Tim broke his neck a year ago on a dirtbike.

Have a good nite everyone

hi , will have to be quick as Eithan is really sick. He is constantly vomiting and cant even keep down a sip of water, plus his rash is coming back as he vomited up the 1ml that he was given of antihystemine. he is giving me a cuddle now.

Meg-Passion8, that is the store name but you can get it at other camping/outdoor stores.

Love

Grooovey!! Thanks so much Nelle, maz, Meg * Anna for the info!

Maz.. whats that second hand site? I might so that. Buy a few to try first. Im gonna sell a few things on ebay to make me some money to buy them. Hun im so sorry to hear about your brother. Big :hugs: for you this time of year .

LOVE THE NEW TICKER PHOTOS!!!
    Maz.. is that a bum or a boob or a belly?

Belle.. good to hear youre home safe.

Helen.. hope Eithan is ok?

ETA.. dont worry maz, found the site name on Nelle's thread
    Last edited by ShootingStar; December 2nd, 2007 at 09:33 PM.

Evening all,

HelenP- Hmm that doesn't sound good at all, I wonder if the rash and vomiting are related. Has he had anything that he may've had when the rash first appeared? Hopefully the vomiting settles down.

Belle- Good to hear you got back safely, hope all that sickness settles down, and big hugs to your mum, have they put her on IV anti's? At least then they should kick in quicker than oral and she'll get back to her usual self.

Maz- I'm sure all the unsaid things your brother knows. And I bet he doesn't want to see you upset bout what you should have said, he knows you love him and miss him.
    Oh and yes, I did get those doors on, just have to shut them a special way so they close properly.

Busy day at work for me then got half way home and realised I'd taken my drug keys with me so had to drive back. So annoying! Now I am up past my bedtime but I can't sleep straight after work, need wind down time then pay for it with tiredness the next day!

Sheesh Eithan has been in the wars lately Helen! Hope he's all better really soon!

Oww what a bummer about those work keys Shell! How annoying! Maybe grab a nice warm drink and head to bed with a book or magazine?

Ha Meg about James singing in his bed. It's cute isn't it.

Hope you can rest up and recover soon Belle. We want to see holiday pics when you get organised!

Hey, where's Ness? Who else is missing?

kell...some babies like to take there nappies off all the time, so thats why i dont use velcro MCN, caity just takes them straight off, espacially if they are a AIO and dont need a cover, so i go with clips, studs (whatever there called).

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast