Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #84

Ness - At least your aunt is getting the treatment that she needs.

Belle - How is Julia today?

Helen - wishing Eithan a speedy recovery

Shell - Finished the tree yet?

Anna - Great that the op went well. I hope that it is the end of all his troubles.

Chrissy - I Love your ticker photo too!

Kell - I have been meaning to tell you this for weeks. Elmo's World is on ABC2 at 12:40 pm. There are a lot of episodes that aren't out on DVD. I have been taping them for James. You might want to start taping them for Jesse.

Jodi - not long till the scan! Are you gonna tell us the sex or keep quiet?

yeah I'll spill my beans to you all, I can't keep secrets! lol
    I saw your photos on facebook meg, James looks really tall, how tall is he do you know?

Not sure how tall he is now.
    I know that he is in the top end in hight though. He is way taller than most his age.
    Both Tim and I are very tall.

Thanks for the pms Jodes.... How you doing today? love the names you have picked for your bubba too! Great chatting to you yesterday!

Maz is at home now resting in bed. They said she needs to make sure her BP doesnt go any higher. Maz honey i hope you feel better soon and you and bubs are well and safe.

Girls for those who are interested and have facebook I have uploaded my pictures of my holiday on there if you want to have a lookie.

Shell, Nelle, Meg, Caddie, Nessa, Kell and Anna thanks for your thoughts re Julia her head is much better today and she is happy, surprisingly she slept from 10am - 12.30am today but is in happy spirits now playing and ate a whole hamburger roll of vegemite sandwich and had heaps of water so is happy.

Caddie - how is Ruby today? how you doing?
    Anna - thanks for the chat today, you sound really good honey, im so happy u are feeing better.

Helen - hope Eithan gets better soon hon, we are thinking of you. xxx

Hey Chrissy how you doing?

BBL for more personals gotta tidy the house

Oh ETA - maybe my turn for an ultrasound next? Monday 10 Dec at 9.20am!!! cant wait! fingers crossed we see a bubba and hear a heartbeat...

I apologise in advance if I miss anyone. Im being sneaky while DH is at the shops with Buddha picking up odds and ends, Im supposed to be resting. Ive got a sore throat today (but feel ok otherwise which is weird?) so that sucks on top of all the contractions etc. Ended up going to hospy yesterday to find out Im in early labour, having contractions 5min apart but they arent super strong yet (bloody painful though). OB thinks I'll be this way for another week or two before actual established labour kicks in, which suits me. Offered to keep me overnight and have a dose of morphine but I declined (which the nurse said he said I would ) and decided to wait it out. So far so good, but lots of pain and pressure because Ripley is FULLY engaged. They didnt want to do an internal as it can stir things up, he said he'd check my cervix via u/s again at my 34wk appointment on friday. 1 more week after thursday and its no more meds time and whatever mother nature decides to do, happens. Im hoping I'll go to 36wks but Im not confident.

Helen, I hope Eithan gets better soon, poor thing! It sucks having a kid in hospital. I also know how much it sucks getting gastro really bad. Im thinking of you guys!

Belle, great news on the levels, theyre fabulous for 6wks! Im sure Julia will be ok, Jetts had his fair share of knocks to the head and I always panic for hours afterward because I cant believe he hasnt concussed himself or split his head open yet. Theyre very resilient these kids. Jett split his top lip open yesterday so Julia isnt the only stunt-person in our group

Anna, aw poor Xander I hope he cheers up soon. What a brave boy. How are you doing???

I really hope Maz is doing ok, poor thing. 160/100 is pretty bad, thats what my BP was when I was induced with Jett so I hope theyre taking bloody good care of her and making the right decisions. Anyone in touch with her?

Nessa, we've never had problems with Jett staying in bed. We do have a baby gate on his door though, so in the mornings when he wakes up early I give him milk and leave him to play. He cant get out so therefore cant hurt himself and 99% of the time he will hop back on his bed after a short playtime and go back to sleep. If he doesnt then he atleast gives me an extra half hour/hour snooze and I dont have to worry about him getting into mischeif. Maybe try a baby gate on her door so she cant get out of her room, then she might learn she can pop herself back into bed when she's ready? Sometimes a 10min play with toys is enough to remind them theyre tired.

Hi to everyone else. Off to pop the a/c on and veg on the couch again.

AnnaT- Keep those legs closed. And make sure you be a good girl and rest up.
    Hopefully the contractions won't be too painful that they interupt your sleep.

Belle- Ooh how exciting, only a week away, I reakon the first ultrasound is the best, seeing bubs for the first time. Good to hear Julia is doing well.

Meg- no, tree still waitng to be done. I'm so slack, will eventually finish it off.

Maz- You rest up too. Tell Jed to make sure all the kids behave and that everything gets done cause i don't want your BP going back up.

Sewing girls, a question. What type machine you have and how good is it? pros cons? I'm trying to find one to buy, don't want to spend too much but want one that is going to be good without hassles.

Just a quick fly by, Jesse's dinners almost ready..

Meg.. yeh Elmo's World was on regular ABC at the beginning of the year and i taped every episode (well most of them) on one tape with long play so it sits in the video player for when we need him to either sit still or he's having a fit for some reason.. always works hehe. Thanks anyways! Dont know about the Avatar pic.. prob not for a while, until i get a belly myself

Anna**.. wow what a brave boy Xander!

Hope Maz is ok..

Ok will be back later

thanks for all your thoguhts girls - im ok....honestly.
    Not going into it..cant be bothered...my blood pressure was nice and high and had contractions all over the place. Wanted to give me drugs, I said no we'll see what happens and the went away. Sunshine is very low` and doc reakons I'll be luck to last until new years...blah blah blah...He asked me if I was laright and I said what ever happens happens...no point stressing about it. (so much for me not going into it hahaha) got 4 hours sleep in the hossy..ahh I hate their beds!!!!!
    Shell - did you end up getting the pattern in the mail from me hon? Ive got a Janome over locker (Nelle and I have the same one hehehe) I got it for $400 with a bonus pair of scissors and I also bought a Janome gold sewing machine for $250. Dont go to cheap cause the machines can be really nasty IFYKWIM
    caddie - im sending you something tomorrow too...I hope you can use it (yes its scrapping stuff). Its sitting here collecting dust and I'd rather give it to you to use.
    chrissy - Ive got something here for you to that's getting sent up to you tomorrow.
    bel - thanks for yesterday too hon. Your a fabulous mate you know!!!!
    God im hungry!!!
    BBL

Maz- No, the pattern never arrived. I meant to ask you if you'd sent it but didn't want to bother you with everything that had been going on. Bloody australia post, hope they haven't lost my pattern!
    Glad to hear you're feeling better. Sounds like you and AnnaT are in a ace to see who can hold on the longest! Make sure you rest and not rush round everywhere.
    Oh and thanks for machine advice, now to work on Df....... he has given me a limit, might have to push it up abit.

Morning girls

MAZ - Good to hear you are feeling bit better, remember rest rest rest. Fight the impulse to do everything around the house, I know you man... it will be nigglin at ya. To get you off that thought - I just went to PP and couldnt resist a few things. So watch your mail ok? You should see some of the new stuff lol. theres a cute little handbag with a cat in it that comes in and out! Julia squealed when she saw it so bought it for her for Xmas!

Im so tired right now, m/s is ok but tired as a dog...so BBL for more personals after I snooze on the sofa.

shell - australia post is probably that back logged atm with christmas and alol...but i defently did send it last week so I hope you get it soon. you can always layby your sewing machine. I did with mine.
    Bel - OMG im going to go look at that bag right now on the site......
    have alittle girl who just threw up all over me cause she got that worked up over NOTHING!!!!

Ness- that sucks, too bad you can't take that other stuff cause I found it quite relieving. Don't they say if you have really bad heartburn it means bubs will have lots of hair?

Maz- True, I didn't even think of xmas, just cause I've had couple things before go missing I thought I was cursed by them!

Belle- Maybe twins in there? All that m/s and tiredness.

How many other busb are fussy eaters? Ash has become quite fussy but just at home. Its weird, when we are out she'll eat all these things that she won't eat at home. I struggle some days just to get her to eat. She acts all starving then plays up! Its driving me bonkers.

Maz.. glad youre ok hun. Jesse will get himself so worked up he'll break out in hives! Like red blotchy skin!

Well im just so buggered, tired and worn out... part flu. Got my BT back yesterday and all is good. However will need another Rubella booster after bubs again. Seems not to want to take hold in me for some reason. But it has gone up since my booster just still borderline needing another one. Have my hospital book in appointment tomorrow arvo. Have to take Jesse with me as DH is working.. hope they dont mind.. tough luck if they do. But am gonna ask them about my DS testing and get that booked in. Ok im off for now.. feel so eeghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

PMSL at the hair and heartburn theory Shell - wasn't the case with River! Have you tried Gaviscon Ness, that medicine-y drink? It's pepperminty flavoured, and I put off drinking it cos the texture isn't that great, but ohhhhh the relief - and milk will just make you want to pee all the time.
    Try and avoid acidic foods too.

Shell, now isn't a bad time to get a sewing machine, because you can often find a few on sale for Christmas. I've got a cheap and nasty from Kmart, just because Rans thought it might be a phase, and it was wise of him really. I use my overlocker much more for nappy stuff, though I did make some clothes here and there with the sewing machine! The deal is that when I get good at sewing, I can have a good machine. I'm totally not there yet though!

Lol on the worked up babies! River just had a good wail before, I told him gentle with the fan in his room, but what do I hear? Giggle, giggle, bang bang CRASH! Waaaaaaa. I couldn't help giggling, he looked so darned angry at the fan, pointing and waaah-ing at it. He's down for a playtime-should-be-naptime at the moment. And my tupperware should be here any moment! Wheeeeeee!

Hi guys, thanks for your thoughts. We are home from hospital, he is still quite sick and he could have stayed but we brought him home so he could rest in his own bed. He has started to drink so we were allowed home but have to keep a close eye on him. Will give you the full details another time, I have to go and look after my little man.

Love

Oh Helen i hope the little guys is ok.

OH Helen atleast your all home honey. You guys are in my prays.
    Nelle - NOT FAIR stop teasing me about the tupperware woman......
    Kell - hmm might m/s start to kick in??????? rest honey and keep your fluids up
    Shell - Vy wont eat breakfast...$hits me to tears but by 10 she is scremaing at me for food and doesnt know what she wants...cant win at the best of times with her atm!!!!!
    Ness - did you have heart burn with the other 2? I didnt have it with Vy and I dont have it this time round either but I had it so bad witht he boys. Vy had a heap of hair when she was born, all dark and long...now she's a strawberry blonde terror!!!!!

Helen - thinking of you mate, hope Eithan sleeps well in his own bed and gets better ...

Nelle - Bummer I want some tupperware, should have told ya!

MAz - your too funny woman! did you see the pics in the gallery yet I took?

Kell - I join you in the tiredness stakes, it hard not to worry about the BT results... hey do you think our Preg Buddies is as big as our group here? man I cant keep up with them....i guess it takes a while to get to know everyone new!

Nessa - how ru feeling now hows the heartburn?

Off to wrap Chrissie Presents so BBL for more personals.

Bel
    xxx
    Last edited by *Belle*; December 5th, 2007 at 03:22 PM. Reason: ETA to add Nessa a personal :)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast