Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #87

My husband is a lawnmower/garden handy man. My lawn is sweet as but there are bushes that need to be pruned!!! I cant see out my front window.lol And no way im touching the garden i hate dirt.

Ha ha Caddie - That always happens. When you are in a trade, you never get around to doing it yourself. My FIL is a landscape gardener, and they hired another landscape gardener to do their garden!!

Nelle - How did Riv go last night?

Shell - I meant to comment on the weaning in my last post and forgot! Well done for feeding so long. It is hard when they self wean. Just watch out for mastitis. I haven't had any troubles so far though.

Rach - I hear ya on the shopping thing.

Ness - How is Annika's nose today?

Kell - Hope Jesse likes his new bed.

Maz - It will be good to sell a few things and have some spare $$$$ when new baby comes.

We are going to have to hold off on the anniversary dinner for a while now. we are just too busy basically from now till March! We have 4 weddings in this time. DH is in one of the weddings, and I am in another. So we also have a few hens nites/bucks plus all the other paraphernalia (SP) that goes with a wedding. I tell you I am really wishing the next few months away. It is all too much, and too expensive!

Since we went away, J has been waking up after every sleep screaming. he is going down alright, but waking up very distressed. Any advice? He woke up screaming at 6:15 this morning. As DH basically worked till 4am, I can't let him cry for a bit, so I am just reinforcing the behaviour by going into him.

Meg- I was worried bout the whole mastitis thing but I'm thinking I was getting very low on milk anyway cause she hasn't fed for days now and my boobs don't even feel full or anything.
    Does J scream also after he wakes from day sleeps or just overnight? I did read in 'the mighty toddler' about some toddlers doing this. I don't see the harm of going in, giving him a cuddle, does he usually get up at that time anyway? Maybe try resettle him see if he'll go back to sleep.

Nelle- Hope that bed got sorted out! Lol, I think at my place it would more likely be me that does a half job. I usually start something then shove it aside and eventually get back round to it sometime!

This heat is draining me, even with air con on I still feel exhausted.

*Nessa* Guest

Nelle- how did last night go??

Meg- Annika nose seem fine this morning she sleep straight through the night so it mustnt have bothered her.

I am still feeling slightly dizzy, dont know why. I think i may have to just have the GD test. Never had any of this with the girls so maybe it is Blue!!! or just the heat.

Shell- noramally summer doesnt bother me but this weather is beyound a joke hey

Ness, prolly with all this heat and being preg your BP prolly low. I get dizzy in the heat when I don't drink enuff so being preggy you prolly need to take in even more fluids.

Ness ruby is always falling over and hitting her head.She has a permanent lump! Makes me feel sick everytime she does.Yesterday i was walking with her on my hip and then she suddenly leans out when i go through a door,a whack the side of her head she hits....
    Does your girls get jelous over each other? When millana comes to my lap ruby starts screaming and tries to get millana out of the way. Sometimes they play so well but gee other times...Im going to be in so much trouble at puberty.
    Meg weddings cost a fortune dont they!Especially when you got to hire a suit,pay for accomidation,present,hens parties etc. One wedding my hubby was bestman cost us almost a grand. Ridiculus.

*Nessa* Guest

Caddie- omg they are exactly the same as your girls. If i am hugging one the other comes running over and climbs all over me too and atm i dont really have room for two in my lap. Then when they play Teleah gets a bit aggressive and they normally end up fighting. Annika will even hit Teleah back now. They both always want to play with what the other one is.

Meg- oh man 4 weddings, i had to save for 6 months just to pay for one when i was maid of honor

Shell- yeah i am trying to keep my fluids up but i forget all the time

Yeah Shell,
    I ended up lying on the floor this morning and having a snooze while he calmed down. I really dont wnt it to turn into a habit of me having to go in every time coz he is screaming. It is happening sometimes during the day aswell. Oh well just have to persevere.
    I was like you Shell, my supply was low anyway, I have had no trouble, although I still have a little milk. I can't wait to get my "normal" small boobs back instead of the whopper DD's I had. (I was a B) You sure your not preg Shell? You have been tired a bit lately :P

Look after your self in the heat Ness. That goes for all the Pg girls.

Poor Ruby. Oh well, she will get better on her feet and stop falling so much before you know it!

I'm gonna be bridesmaid for my friend in July, I don't think we'll be put out too much. She is gonna give us the material for the dress and then we can go get made whatever style we want out of it.
    The wedding is in Adelaide but we're just gonna make a family holiday out of it, we haven't been away for ages and it falls into school holidays so perfect timing. Sure I can find cheap flights somewhere.

Lol meg, it would have to be emaculate conception! I loved having BB's I am looking forward to getting new bras though, the mat ones are just too big now. Hopefully J's screaming will just be a short term thing, Ash does it sometimes in the middle of the night, she'll wake so upset but she very easily settles with a quick cuddle.

Meg.. thanks hun. Um.. is he waking screaming because he's scared? or because hes awake and wants out of bed? If its the second one, maybe you can put a soft book in his bed or something to keep him occupied for a little while longer?

Ness.. are you getting enough iron? Bubs can take alot away from you. I know with Jess they said my iron levels were a bit low, being we are both so pale too. Maybe also try and get a bit extra iron in your diet?

Well.. best get going.. DH picked up jesse's bed this morning yay.. and we have some friends coming over for lunch. So wanna get jess in bed for a nap before hand.
    Have a nice day.

Kell - He doesn't seem scared. Ireally think it is for attention, then he gets himself worked up. He has some soft toys in there already. He used to wake up happy and play with his toys. Poor little thing. I hate seeing him upset.

Is he teething? Jesse goes through a simliar thing when hes teething. I go in and make sure he knows im not far away but just let him sort it out himself. I know its hard, i hate seeing them upset too.

Mmm good thought Kell - Ness it might be a combination of low blood pressure and low iron? Can you get some bloods done to check your levels? Otherwise try a liquid supplement, won't do you any harm, and is pretty easily absorbed.

Yeah Riv ended up going alright, even the toilet flushing didn't seem to bother him! So I think it was just a settling problem, and I need to try and get the room a bit darker. Cos he seemed fine once it was dark outside.

Hope everyone's resting up okay in this weather!

*Nessa* Guest

I had my bloods done last friday and i think they came back ok as i havent heard anything.

I rang my midwife today as well just in case and she said she has been getting alot of phone calls as alot of her cliets are going through the same thing in this heat, so just to keep my fluid levels up and make sure i am eating properly.

OMG - you girls can talk!!!!!! I cant even get my head around it atm...to screwed up in there.

I have to reload MSN on this new computer (ive been slack) but it will have to wait.

I did read through the post and im glad to see that im not the only one with a child who wont leave me be. She hasnt had a sleep today and it being a royal pain. I can even go to the loo without her screaming and omg trying to put her down to sleep at night has been anightmare. She scremed for 2 hours last night. I just cant take it anymore. Jed thinks it anxiety cause I have been in and out of hospital so much the last few weeks.
    Is this normal?? I so cant remember atm....Caddie, did you have this trouble with Millana?

I think I need a holiday! who's coming?????

Just popping in quickly while I can.

A huge congratulations to Annat on the fast and safe arrival of Ripley. He's gorgeous!!

maz - good luck for the next week. It's only a matter of days now.

I have read all posts, but don't really have time to reply. We've only just arrived home after travelling in the car for 4 days. We had to leave earlier than we wanted to because of the rain, we didn't want to get caught in flooding. Now the fun job of unpacking everything.

ME!! *races to pack bags* - somewhere where we can lie in hammocks reading magazines and drinking cold drinks - and go for a swim when we want. Maybe a massage too.

Ooh Maz, how is getting ready going? Mat's room looking a bit more ready? All your nappies stacked and ready to go?

That's interesting Ness, I guess just keep those fluids up! This hot weather is so tiring!

Annat, how's Ripley going? You recovering well?

I made scrambled eggs for tea (with a whole lot of other ingredients in there too) - Rans is feeding it to Riv right now, and then we'll have it...I want mine on toast. Mmmm....I keep forgetting how much I like scrambled eggs and it's just so darned easy! We're outta eggs now though.

Everyone else having a good weekend? How are our lurkers?

ETA: Yeah I wondered about you Qlanders Jodi! What's the weather like up there for you? How's your pregnancy going?

Yes maz,totally. Would get hysterical as soon as i would leave the room,have a shower,toilet. This is why i now have a millana jean sleeping with me every nite. She goes to bed first but ends up in our bed during the night. I think she did have some upheaval with ruby coming in our lives but she does love her and is way better now. Its more the typical 3yr old stuff now. But i also blame and aaron and myself because being the first she was the centre of everyones attention!
    Also i think alot of behavios was due to tiredness.She stopped a/f sleeps as soon as ruby came home.I would try and get her to rst in the lounge but she would only fall asleep when sick.
    Glad you all ok jodi!
    Rach i dont know how jack eats a cup and a half of sultanas as ruby had like 10 and got the ****s! Whole sultanas in her poo! and diarrhoea... Go figure

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast