Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #93

Default Babies Born September 2006 #93

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found here

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Wow, first up yay.

Ness - rest up hun, glad DH is home for the next few days so he can give you a break.

Belle - glad your date went well.

well Df and I went out for dinner tonight, nothing spec, just to La Porchetta with Ash (best place to take kids for dinner) was ok, nice to eat out for a change but Df and I don't get to chat cause we're too busy feeeding Ash, entertaining her and all that.

Ness- That isn't sounding too good. Sounds like you have a good midwife though, glad to hear she's going to check it all out, make sure everything is ok.

Belle- thats fantastic your date went really well, sounds like you both need to do it more often if possible.

Meg- How long have they been working there? Sometimes I find people, esp woman, can be bit funny when someone new comes along, they prolly do feel threatened by you. I'm sure over time they'll be more open and friendly.

Nelle- Ash is always pushing the limits, always looks at me when she knows she is doing something wrong but keeps doing it anyways even when I say no.

With the poo scrapping business, how did this person get prosecuted? I mean how did she get caught out. I know you're 'supposed' to do it but I know most people don't.

Went shopping today and just had no idea what to get Df for Valentines, he keeps saying nothing. He is one of those people that don't want things unless they need it (unless of course its beer or something like that!)

Shell - it is in the nappy thread, apparantley the council found all these nappies with poo in and could trace them back to the house....

Hmmm.. The Council would have a hard time proving it you would think.

Nessa - good luck with your blood tests. Hopefully they come back all clear. How is the headache tonight?

belle - great to hear your date went well. I'd love to go out to dinner with just Heath and I, but lately we haven't had the time.

A friend of mine has finally had her baby today. She went into labour on Monday night, and had him 6.30 this morning!!! A VERY long labour that's for sure. 3 hours of pushing, and in the end the ob had to cut her down below to get him out. So now she's exhausted, and sore. Poor girl. She had the perfect pregnancy as well. Hardly any weight gain, no m/s or any other pregnancy symptom really.
    We were naughty and had KFC for dinner tonight. I was really tired, and couldn't have been bothered cooking.
    Valentines Day tomorrow. Anyone celebrate it? I'm not expecting any flowers on my doorstep. I don't think he's ever given me flowers for Valentines Day.

we dont do valentines day then we dont do bdays to each other either, we are like if we want something we buy it

I am so over my body I know I complain a lot but for frigs sake I have no idea what is going on...............was going to buy some tests today but IGA was sold out and chemist only has crystal blue ones and well I am to go in there the lady behind counter is a ole busy body and I can't stand the chemist, Jase bought some from there a few months back and the next time I went in to get my clomid she goes oh so you not expecting I was like WTF!!!!!

we are off to rocky to buy a new hotwater system on sat so if no AF I shall pick some up at woolies

Rach - that is so unprofessional of her to comment. Makes it hard when you are in a smaller community.

Jodi - I had a terrible pregnancy, but a really easy birth. I am glad her bub arrived safely.

Off to swimming lessons this morning.

rach - I'd hate to live in a small town, and deal with the gossip that goes with it. Probably best for you to get it at Rocky when you're there.

Have fun at swimming meg.

Heath left flowers on the bench this morning with a card. First time he's done that. I had a very emotional day yesterday, and was in tears most of last night, so it was nice to see the flowers this morning. I think we need a dinner date like belle & jeffrey did. We haven't been out just the 2 of us in months. Probably since we went away for our anniversary last August.

well with internet test fudge fudge fudge!!!!!!!!!

What a bummer Rach. Still doesn't explain no AF though. Hopefully it's just one of those cases when it's too early to test yet, or something.

I know, I dont know why she isn't here, with clomid cycles shouldn't be longer than 35 days :sigh: I'll leave it till monday then ring RE and see what he says

Hi everyone,

Nessa, I hope you are feeling better today and the bloods come back that you just need more iron or something.
    Tiana did a pooh on the potty! We were very excited and surprised. All we do is leave the potty where she can see it and when she feels like it she will sit on it. She is still so young that I am not at all pushing her but she is showing interest so I give her lots of encouragement!

Well done Tiana.

Rach - Yep you probably should give them a call to see what's going on.

J just had an awesome time at swimming. In his cot, but not asleep yet. I think he is still calming down from al the fun!

Marni- thats great she did poo in the potty, was she surprised that it had come out? Clever girl!

Rach- that sucks, worse part must be not knowing what is going on. Hope your RE can shed some light on it.

Jodi- thats nice with the flowers, and I so know what you mean about needing a dinner date, we have the same problem here. Your poor friend! I thought my labour was long! At least not that long.

well I've just got a card and some scratchies for Df, I forgot to say Tues he surprised me with flowers for no reason, just said he saw florest when he was buying dinner and bought me some! never done that before, I had to joke with him that he must be having an affair or something. I know he hasn't bought me present yet for valentines/ also our 5 year anniversary so he better come home with something, been hinting at a nice bangle.

Meg- I been wondering bout swimming lessons at there age. What are they like? Are they structured? Worth it?

Oh i forgot to add poor Ash has an ear infection. I took her to the Drs this morn cause she has been miserable on and off all week and this morn she was really upset, no temp but he said her right ear was quite red so shes on Ab's now, had a dose of that and some nurofen and then she suddenly was happy and running around again.
    Last edited by shellbell3; February 14th, 2008 at 11:44 AM.

shell - I hope the ear infection clears up soon. Good thing the medication kicked in quickly.
    I've been taking Nina to swimming lessons since she was 6 months old. She is great in the pool now. With her floaties on, she will swim up and down the pool on her own. She'll put her head in the water, then come up for air when she needs to, then do it again.
    And without her floaties on, she swims to us, which is about 4 metres in total.
    As we have a pool at our house we felt it was important that she learn to swim at a young age.

Hope its going to be a positive for you next week rach.Maybe its too early to tell.Fingers crossed.
    I feel like a new woman.Mum babysat whilst i had my eyebrow and lip wax done and a new haircut. Now i can be a yummy mummy again,i hate looking like crapola.
    I also made some lovely rice bread in my new bread maker.And it tastes almost like real bread.Woohoo.
    Ruby has been asleep since 1230pm and its now 330pm.Its great but i bet ya she will be up till 9pm tonight!

*Nessa* Guest

hey girls

thought i would let you know i had all my test this morning. I am low in iron and i dont know how i have been eating so so well lately. Have protein in my urine but they says its a UTI so am off to get some cranberry juice. But other then that my liver and kidney function are ok. so that is great.

Am being reviewed witht he ob still and will prob be monitored more but thats ok.

Caddie- glad you feel like a new women, us mummas deserve a treat!!!!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast